40 Kenmare Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cantineparisienne.com/
- Phone: 2129662740
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Cantine Parisienne
Contemporary French restaurant located in the Nolitan Hotel. Offering wines by the glass and original cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cantine Parisienne reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (32)great for brunch (29)romantic (23)good for groups (23)great for lunch (19)hot spot (12)late-night find (11)special occasion (11)notable wine list (11)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Amazing BrunchACampDined on 9/14/2014Went for brunch and really had a great time. I had the pork belly brunch plate... amazing. Mimosas... always amazing and the service was excellent. Will go back for dinner.Special Features:
- Exceeded my expectationsjptykeVIPDined on 9/14/2014A fantastic restaurant! Servers were friendly and courteous, house manager was very attentive. Chef's food was to die for!Special Features:
- Amazing Burger and FriesEmilyRMMcDined on 9/13/2014While my boyfriend got the steak ( which was also delicious) I enjoyed a classic burger with fries. This is one of the best burgers I have had in a while! We had a deal from Pulsd , $29 for a bottle of wine and two entrees. We made out extremely well and the service was very good.Special Features:
- JannVIPDined on 9/13/2014Pea Soup to start was excellent with chunks of ham & some whole peas. Grilled Sea Bass special was well prepared and served with lima beans & cherry tomatoes. Escalope of Veal was tender and flavorful. Steak frites was more than ample portion. Good expresso
- Best kept secretTatesbugVIPDined on 9/6/2014The staff is welcoming and genuine and the food is outstandingSpecial Features:
- Outstanding food and servicelgueatsVIPDined on 9/2/2014I had the confit and my partner had a veal dish. both were outstanding. our server was friendly and attentive. we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- classic bistrodinerVIPDined on 9/2/2014Food was well prepared and flavorful with a nice presentation. The french onion and white/green asparagus soups were classically prepared and delicious. The foie gras appetizer was prepared with chicken liver lobes, not duck diver pate. Though unexpected for a French bistro, it was still tasty and the accompanying onion relish, candied nuts and bread was very good. The veal scaloppine with a mushroom sauce was delicious. The apple tart was just ok. The apples were too soft (more appropriate for applesauce) and the puff pastry was undercooked and difficult to cut. The service was great. Can't remember the woman's name, but she was attentive without being overbearing and very accommodating. Lovely decor, too.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Great brunch experience here! Food was really tasty and ambiance is beautiful. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Best BargainZydecoBBDined on 8/22/2014Came with a groupon-type coupon after reading decent reviews on line. The meal was a BARGAIN and very tasty. Definitely worth a trip to Little Italy. The wait staff was friendly, the matre'd also. The food was ambitious, delicious and a fun spot for dinner.Special Features:
- We ate earlyhankhnyDined on 8/19/2014We ate at 6:00 and the place was nicely empty. The food was wonderful and the portions very nice. Surprised that they onnly had one serving of the bronzoni left. The steak frites had excellent fries and the steak was a nice size and cooked to perfection. Don't know what the scene is at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014I went for brunch with my couple friends and the food was impeccable. The French toast was phenomenal but hard to cut at times because of the maple syrup coating. There was a weird flavor a little like champagne in the jam but other than that it was amazing. The salmon was pretty good but we were served just a plate of salmon. I don't know if we ordered incorrectly or if that was the actual menu item, but it wasn't impressive. We had to wait about 10 minutes until we could order some toast to go with the salmon. The potatoes were the also absolutely amazing. Maybe the best part of the meal. The waiter was alright, could have asked more than once towards the end if everything was alright. The restaurant as a whole was absolutely amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great FindtashatashVIPDined on 8/2/2014We came here on a travelzoo special and really enjoyed ourselves. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was also very good. We would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood trendy restaurantilesinaVIPDined on 7/29/2014Went with travelzoo voucher- well worth it. Service was very good- prompt but not rushed. Filet mignon was extra to use withvoucher. Everything was fresh- ordered salmon tartar, crabcake, filet mignon & the grilled branzino. All good choices & good portions- we left full and did not order any desserts. The restaurant is in lobby of nolitan hotel so its a decent sized area, modern chic decor. Would recommend if in the area. Average nyc price for this type of setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place in the nabeDeeDeeDined on 7/25/2014This is a nice little restaurant that serves decent french food. It's not the most exciting menu in the world but the flavors are there. It is what you would expect.Special Features:
- Groupon DinnerJannVIPDined on 7/19/2014Entrees of Grilled Sea Bass and Rack of baby lamb. Both were good. Lamb could have been more flavorful and fish was a bit overcooked; the accompanying vegetables were excellent. Peach Napoleon for dessert would have been better with fresh peaches were are now in season. Wine by the glass was decent. Very good expresso.
- nice french restaurantkim2nycVIPDined on 7/11/2014good service very friendly staff, accommodating our request. food portion is not big, typical french style. deco is modern. nice gem in the neighborhood. due to the price range, we may not go back anytime soonSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Great food and portions. Also, lovely contemporary interior-- the lounge area (which seemed to connect to a hotel) looked like it was out of an art museum.Special Features:
- Simple and goodDenisVIPDined on 6/27/2014We tried this place for dinner and had a good time. The decor is simple,but nice. However,what makes a restaurant is food. And it was really good. Duck confit was delicious,so as filet mignon. Good place for a casual dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/14/2014We loved our meal here. Big portions and really nice menu. We definitely would come back!Special Features:
- EstelleVIPDined on 6/8/2014Interesting Foie Gras with pear marmelade. Sauce for veal is especially full flavoured. Steak and frites good too. Red wine Cotes Du Rhone is ok.
- Great Food at Amazing PricekelgfDined on 6/8/2014Really enjoyed our meal. The unlimited drinks were delicious and not watered down (thank you!) and the food was delightful. We highly recommend this restaurant for Sunday Brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so for brunchbedlakeDined on 6/8/2014A friend and I had a pulsd deal for bottomless brunch. $29 for two people for an entree and unlimited mimosas, bellinis, and/o bloody marys. Sounds like a good deal, but it wasn't. The brunch entrees are cheap (most around or even under $10), so the deal isn't economical. The entrees don't come with sides, which cost extra. The bigger brunch items are considered specials and require an additional $6. And the waiters don't keep the drinks coming. You have to beg them to come back. I actually felt looked down upon for using a deal. That's bad customer service, because honestly, the location is so beautiful that I would have come back without the deal, if they'd just given good service. Brunch food was nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/7/2014We had the roast chicken and the Veal entrees. Veal was perfect, sauce perfect. Rice and veggies perfect. Chicken, as reviewed by my wife the chef(diploma'd) was best she had outside of her kitchenSpecial Features:
- Nice server!SweetcherryDined on 6/3/2014The restaurant is a café style. I love their great service and ambience. I think it's a kind of hot spot right now. It's worthy to visit once.Special Features:
- BrunchFrezzieDined on 6/1/2014Came for brunch at about noon on a gorgeous Sunday. We shared the eggs benedict with lox (I'm not a big fan of lox so I can't comment) and a special - eggs with pork belly which was pretty good if you trim around the fat inherent in pork belly. Both were served with the best potatoes, a tasty small salad in the plate. More importantly, the mimosas and bellini's were plentiful and had generous amounts of booze. I would go back. Oh, and the place is really cool to look at.Special Features:
- Great Service and Great Foodndp1234Dined on 5/31/2014Great Service - Did not rush us even though I had to wait a half an hour for the additional member of my party. Good food and nice preparation. Recommended,Special Features:
- great foodCY2013Dined on 5/30/2014Our experience was great. Everything that we ordered was soo good. We ordered the onion soup (very hot, soo flavorful, cheese was just right), asparagus soup (very unique, very nice), tuna tartare (very generous portion), salade d'endives (very refreshing, altho the blue cheese was a little too overpowering for my taste), cantine burger (burger done just right) and had a pink natural fresh squeezed drink (no extra sugar added, I could tell the freshness of the ingredients). Overall it was a but pricey, but pretty healthy, didn't feel stuffed coming out even tho we ordered lots of food for two. Must go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nyeaterDined on 5/27/2014We were the only people in the restaurant, yet service was very slow. We had a cracked water glass, a dirty spoon, and tea that had been sitting around for much too long. The food was average. I will not be returning.
- The following 74 reviews are from the Cantine Parisienne reviews archive.
- Good for brunchweloveitVIPDined on 5/25/2014We went for bruch last sunday and we had a reallynice time with mi wife. We used a pulsd coupon, which was a great deal, but most of all was the professionalism, chaarisma and care of our waitress. She did an outstanding job.. deffenitly we will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastique!CelebrationDined on 5/23/2014It was superb! The fish dinner, (which was recommended by our waitress) was one of the best I have ever had in my life! The salad, the dessert and the wine were also magnifique! And, our waitress, very attentive, knowledgeable about the menu and friendly. Loved this restaurant!Special Features:
- So-so-ish but stylishEclecticGuyVIPDined on 5/21/2014Drinks were fine, food was a notch above ordinary, setting was delightful. Cool barkeep and charming French bus boy. Wait person was kind and helpful but so American it makes you wanna salute. She seemed to be in the wrong bistro. Great Groupon place, otherwise kinda average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very averageAnnhVIPDined on 5/21/2014We had a reservation but they did not have our table for seven set up when we arrived. The service was just okay as was the food. With all the good restaurants in NYC would not go back.
- Not So Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/18/2014Unfortunately I ordered the pork belly and it was virtually all fat.
- great food, great servicedubes5Dined on 5/15/2014It's located in the lobby of the hotel but the scene and ambience is still pretty cool. Candle-lit with good background music thats loud enough to keep out other parties. Food was really good. Asparagus soup was delicious, white and green varieties together. Veal was great. Service was amazing. Waiter was really helpful, water was brought by carafe; wine glass was always kept full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/14/2014I saw the Pulsd deal for $29 for two entrees and a bottle of wine. I went with my boyfriend, and we noted first off that the place, lit up with tiny candles, seemed like a romantic oasis in its rather nondescript surroundings - a pleasant surprise, as the website photos taken in daytime are a little too modern-minimalistic. The place definitely picks up ambiance at night. The food is excellent, especially at that price. We had one steak and one loup de mer (bass), which looked like a steak, and you just can't go wrong with a bottle of Cote du Rhone! On our own, we ordered a lemon cheesecake for dessert and got a very generous portion of a delicious dessert! The service, too, was excellent. We definitely want to come back.Special Features:
- Amazing food.AnthonyfVIPDined on 5/11/2014Really enjoyed my time at this place! Came here for Mother's Day brunch and had the most amazing crab cake Benedict ever! Everyone was super inviting and extremely helpful. Our personal waiter wasn't so on top of things but everyone else filled in where he left off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another very nice time!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day brunch, food was excellent again. Service wasn't as good as the first time I went, it looked like they may have been understaffed. Still, a very nice time and I intend to go back. The food is amazing, the prices range from usual Manhattan prices to very reasonable.Special Features:
- What a waste!jtineVIPDined on 5/11/2014Food was great - clean French flavors, easy pick when shopping in Soho or wandering around Nolita. The only thing is that the service is subpar - I was disappointed and surprised that the "rude NYC waitress" still exists - makes the place feel dated and I will not be coming back! The food is not memorable enough to make me come back. Too many good, friendly restaurants in NYC.Special Features:
- Very Good!NickVIPDined on 5/11/2014I'm delighted to say we found a true gem. We brunched there on Mother's Day, and was very impressed with the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JannVIPDined on 5/10/2014Special of Grilled Sea Bass with fiddlehead ferns, fava beans, mushrooms & grape tomatoes was first rate. Escalope of Veal good-sauce a bit too salty. White chocolate mousse was excellent as well as good expresso.I would recommend this to a friend.