2736 East Nutwood
Fullerton, CA 92832Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cantinalounge.com/
- Phone: 7148798094
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Felipe Serna
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Great private party options up to 200 people. Very creative solutions to match your needs. Looking for a great place to have a memorable fun event, check out Cantina Lounge.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Salloum 7148798094
A word from Cantina Lounge
Cantina Lounge is Orange County's premiere modern Mexican cuisine restaurant featuring creative fresh Mexican dishes including ceviche, ahi stack, carne asada and lobster tacos. Cantina Lounge will become your favorite Mexican restaurant in Orange County. Request a seat at the 20 person communal table for a fun evening. In addition to the great food, the venue has 48 - 50" Plasma TV's, large bar with great margaritas and martini's, two patios with fire pits and a water feature. After dinner, stay for the live DJ and dancing to complete a great memorable night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cantina Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good sports bar I guess. NotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013Good sports bar I guess. Not wht I was expecting. And the food was HORRIBLE!!
- Some like it hot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013I was impressed with the ambiance, food and the service. It was top notch. A great early evening dinner for two. The fajitas were full of flavor and well presented with generous portions. The salsa was fresh and had a kick. I could tell that later in the evening, the place would be rocking, especially the bar side of the restaurant. Freeway close and across from CSUF, The Cantina Lounge is a new favorite.Special Features:
- Slow to get food out. ChipsWaterstatsVIPDined on 1/7/2013Slow to get food out. Chips and guacamole are pretty simple to get out and we had ask our server because they had obviously forgotten about them. Tons of televisions if you are looking for a sports event. Servers were very nice.
- Find a different Mexican RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/5/2012We had to wait to get seated. We did not have silverware or a napkin and had to ask. Although the restaurant had few people, we were seated next to a family with 3 children, one about 18 months. Although they were well behaved, we left our two at home that evening. The shrimp in the tacos was good. The Cadillac Margaria was tasty and strong; that said, I did not taste the Grand Marnier. The entrance to the parking lot was easy to miss and we had to go around a long block to get back. We did call for directions, becasue Google Maps was incorrect, and we were not told what to look for when calling. We do not plan to go back.Special Features:
- Great for brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2012We went for brunch. Very nice restaurant! Great service, and a very nice sunday brunch! We liked all the food items we tried, and thought it was a good value! We will definitly be back!!!Special Features:
- Very nice place, and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2012Very nice place, and service was great! Food very tasty . Love the place will be going back for brunch again & also happy hour to watch the games...Special Features:
- Fantastic Happy Hour selections.PickyDined on 12/27/2011Fantastic Happy Hour selections. We happened to be there on Taco Tuesday, which turned out to be a pleasant surprise! Also taquitos were delicious!Special Features:
- Excellent food and drinks.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2011Excellent food and drinks. The molcajete was delicious although I would of preferred the white melted cheese instead of the yellow cheese. Alcoholic drinks are a little high priced but are very well prepared. The aesthetics of the restaurant is very nice except for the hundreds of TV's on the wall if you are planning for a nice lunch or dinner. But with good conversation and great food you won't notice them at all. On the positive side, I think it's a great place to go watch a sports game.Special Features:
- Very mediocre. The food wasRickVIPDined on 8/1/2011Very mediocre. The food was OK, but forgettable. The service, and the staff, were a little downmarket from what I expected. It's really a sports bar, and the Mexican style food is kind of an afterthought. TV's are everywhere, and blaring. They weren't very busy (not surprisingly), and yet I had to get up from my table to go track down my server so I could my check.
- Good CLEAN Mexican Food.AnaheimLocalDined on 7/22/2011This sports bar and later night club has a very nice atmosphere. I really enjoyed their Mexican inspired dishes. They tasted very good and where not drenched in grease and fats like lower end restaurants. The food and drinks were all fair priced; I would recommend this restaurant to a friend. I will be going back.Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/12/2011Excellent brunch - great food, many choices and excellent service. Manager came by twice to confirm that we were satisfied with food and service - very professional. Also moderately priced - well worth every penny. Overall a very, very satisfying experience.Special Features:
- We had a party of 5 for myOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2011We had a party of 5 for my daughter's B-Day celebration. The food and service were fantastic!! I would highly recommend for a fun family get together!Special Features:
- Great for drinks, just OK for foodJohnEVIPDined on 4/27/2011This is an energetic sport-oriented restaurant located across from a campus college, so the noise and energy level is very high. The emphasis is on the bar, so the food is just OK. Service was friendly, but actual delivery took close to half an hour. This is more a place to watch a game and have drinks than to enjoy a quiet, well-prepared dinner. Icy margaritas were great!
- Everything was great. LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2011Everything was great. Love the set-up of the restaurant. The food and service was A+. The outdoor area is very relaxing and warm even on a cold night. We did not get to stay for the night club environment but cant wait to experience it. Hope it is as good as the dining.Special Features:
- Food was good, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2010Food was good, service was great but I was a little disappointed with the ambiance. I thought a "Lakers viewing party" would have been more exciting. To me, this was just another regular brunch. We were told before booking that the raffle would be done at half time but that was changed when we got there to after the game. Thats' a lot of champagne drinking!
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/23/2010Our dining experience was great. Our server, Paige, was absolutely fabulous. The Managers were very accommodating to us once they turned into a club. Moved us to a nice booth area that fit our group.Special Features:
- We showed up excited to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009We showed up excited to have a great dinner at a restaurant I have been fortunate enough to hang out at for shows but have not had the opportunity to eat at. We arrived and we were told they were not serving dinner tonight because of NYE festivities. What I would have appreciated from CL would have been a phone call saying they dont know why we were able to make a reservation but they were sorry. It was difficult trying to think of another plan of action for dinner on New Years Eve. It was not a great start to the night and the employees shoved it off like it wasnt going to be a big deal. It realy turned me off to wanting to give my business to them in the future, just because of the service.
- It was so hard to book a timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/4/2009It was so hard to book a time for a large group. We had a group of 12, didn't promise a time I asked for (8:30PM). Had I not disinvited less people, I would've had to rsvp another night. I got to the restaurant and there were endless tables and chairs for a large group. Next time, try calling instead of online rsvp.Special Features:
- Great sound and light systemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2009Great sound and light system for live entertainment and dance sceneSpecial Features:
- The high point of this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2009The high point of this restaurant was the place itself. It looks and feels expensive. Though the food was nothing special, or atlease the ones we ordered (burrito and mahi-mahi). We'll try this again and get something else if we're in the area, but won't go out of our way for it.Special Features:
- The Cantina Lounge is a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2009The Cantina Lounge is a great restaurant for any occasion. My wife and I went here to celebrate our anniversary. Our table was in a quiet side room and it was very romantic. But there is also a really nice bar in the main dining room and a lot of TVs on the walls. The food was amazing and the service was just as great. The prices were affordable and the Xongo dessert was amazing. We will definitely be returning to this restaurant when we're in the area.Special Features:
- Never had a less than greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2009Never had a less than great experience! Been there three times within the past 6 months.Special Features:
- This is a Mexican restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/14/2009This is a Mexican restaurant / sports bar / club it's very well done and has tons of plasmas. It's not fine dining but the food is way better than average sports bar fare! The decor is almost an upscale feel. I've never seen a concept like this and I love it hats offSpecial Features:
- Great place to dine and haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2009Great place to dine and have fun. Would recommend and would definitely come again!!Special Features:
- We were the only ones at brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2009We were the only ones at brunch until about 12:00. Then about 4 other groups showed up. It was a great brunch. They should get the buzzword out. The price is pretty good in comparison to most brunches around the area.Special Features:
- I went with a group of aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/22/2009I went with a group of about 8 friends and everyone at Cantina Lounge took such great care of us. We sat in a large booth, our server gave us prompt service, and they even changed the channels so we could watch the NHL and NBA playoff games! I had such a great time and we will definitely be going back many times!Special Features:
- This is definitely a collegeOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/21/2009This is definitely a college town scene. We were in from Chicago and were looking for a Mexican rest. Margaritas were not drinkable and felt like the chicken was from a can.
- This was my first and lastOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/17/2009This was my first and last visit to the Cantina Lounge. I was extreemly disappointed with the food there, and for the prices they are charging, I should have been completely satisfied. We ordered the grilled mahi mahi with seasonal vegetables, lobster enchiladas, and fresh guacamole. The guacamole tasted like it came from a bag, very bland. After spicing it up with some salt, pepper, salsa and tapatio, it was finally edible. Our entrees came and we split them so we could each taste a couple of items. The "lobster" enchiladas, which are really langostino enchiladas had a good flavor, but the langostinos were over cooked and very chewy. The mahi mahi was plain and all we could taste was the salsa, and the rice and beans were very dry.Special Features:
- They have some unique dishesCarlEdfanVIPDined on 3/27/2009They have some unique dishes (including their version of chile relleno) and a hummus which you normally wouldn't find at a Mexican restaurant. That makes Cantina Lounge a "not your typical Mexican" restaurant. Good for sports fans (Lakers, NCAA tournament games, & Ducks hockey games were on at the time)Special Features:
- The food was great. Try theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2009The food was great. Try the kitchen sink burrito! Our waitress was too busy paying attention to the bar scene(we were seated in a formal dining room) that she provided horrible service. Aside from that, this place is warm and invitingSpecial Features:
- My friend and I went for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2009My friend and I went for dinner and then the nightclub afterwards. We had a greeeat time! Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. The food was delicious. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- THE FOOD WAS GREAT...I EATOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/27/2009THE FOOD WAS GREAT...I EAT A CHILE RELLENO AND THE FIRST THING I SAID WAS "CAN YOU MAKE SURE THE CHILE IS HOT!' THE CHILE WAS SUPER YUMMY...THE BEAN WERE GREAT! THE ATMOSPHERE WAS GREAT!Special Features:
- I was looking for a nice Valentine'OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2009I was looking for a nice Valentine's dinner, and being from out of town (San Diego) I happened to choose the Cantina Lounge. It may have been the best Mexican food I've EVER had - and being from San Diego, that is saying something! The prices were reasonable and there was so much food I couldn't finish it (and I'm a big guy)! The hostess, waitress and bartenders were all outgoing and friendly. I/we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The food was good, we gotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/27/2009The food was good, we got the $1 tacos. Although, it was a little disappointing that they came with nothing on them, and all the sides cost more than the tacos! We ordered the molten chocolate cake, and when our server brought it out, it was cold. Not very "molten" and the chocolate inside that was suppose to ooze out like lava was cold and hard. Not my idea of a great dessert. Our service was not that great, we only saw our server when she brought the food and drinks, she didnt come by to ask us how everything was. If I had a chance, I would have asked for salt on my second margarita, but she took off too quick, and I didnt see her again until she brought it.
- Had a great time at the CantinaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/17/2009Had a great time at the Cantina Lounge. It's an excellent place for sporting events and Mexican cuisine at its finest.Special Features:
- Went out to dinner with aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/10/2009Went out to dinner with a couple of girlfriends on a sat night. The hostest was very nice, our server was awesome. The food was awesome, and the prices very reasonable. Had a great time. Would def go again.Special Features:
- We went there to see a footballOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/3/2009We went there to see a football game... I thought it would be more crowded but we found a good seat and really enjoyed ourselves. It did fill in on the bigger football game of the day. The food was really good and our server was friendly and offered good advice on what to order for our group. I would not hesitate to go back to watch another sporting event!Special Features:
- The food went above and beyondOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/10/2008The food went above and beyond my expectations. The carne asada was excellent as were the black beans. The table devoured the salsa and we all loved our margaritas. The service was prompt and attentive. We will definitely recommend for dinner and can't wait to come back for the club.Special Features:
- below average food and expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/4/2008below average food and expensive drinks. do yourself a favor, skip this place and try the whole enchilada in placentia. the food is much better.
- The food was very good. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2008The food was very good. It was presented well along with a cheerful waitress. The experience was positive. We will come back.Special Features: