Cantina Laredo - Orlando
8245 W Sandlake Rd
Orlando, FL 34819Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cantina Laredo - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinalaredo.com/
- Phone: 4073450186
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday- Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 3-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full service catering available. Call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private room available for up to 30 guests. Restaurant buyout available. Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Nate Graves 4073450186
A word from Cantina Laredo - Orlando
Cantina Laredo serves authentic Mexican dishes in a sophisticated atmosphere. We offer happy hour from 4-7 and 9-cl M-F and 11-5 on Saturday. Our new bar menu will blow your taste buds away. Traditional dishes with a mexican twist. All are half off at the bar during happy hour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cantina Laredo - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (16)good for groups (15)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- ClosingIlliniStanDined on 8/15/2014This was my second trip to Cantina Laredo. Unfortunately, several guests were discussing the fact that the restaurant was going to be closing soon.Special Features:
- AverageAverageJoeDined on 8/8/2014The waitress was nice. The place was under-staffed. Service was SLOW. Had to raise my hand like a school girl to get someone's attention. The place is nice and quieter than the Mexican one across the street but the food is not as good.
- Excellent top-shelf Mexican cuisineDanLDined on 8/4/2014THIS will be THE place for my wife and I to enjoy higher end Mexican cuisine in a very lovely setting. I am recommending it to my friends and will be taking family their when they come to visit. Whether we are looking for a night out for just the 2 of us or a larger group, Cantina Laredo can accommodate either just fine. We were thoroughly impressed by the meals we had. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lust auf Fajitas?RuediDined on 7/24/2014Dann bist du hier bestens aufgehoben. Schnelle, freundliche Bedienung. Chips mit scharfer und milder Sauce als Apero kostenlos. Grösse der Portion stimmt auch. Mit Reis und weissen Bohnen als Starter. Fleisch serviert in heisser Gusspfanne, zusammem mit Zwiebeln und grünen Peperoni. Dazu Sauercreme, Guacamole und Tomatenmix. Tortillias ohne Aufpreis nachbestellt. Auch die zweite Runde Softdrinks nicht auf der Rechnung. 66 Dollar für drei Personen. Wir sind 100 Pro zufrieden und können dieses Restaurant allen empfehlen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationFundineDined on 7/24/2014We went to cantina Laredo for my daughters 18th birthday and everything at the restaurant was exceptional and above our expectations. The server made our dinning expirience one we will remember for a long timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not RecommendBlandDined on 7/20/2014Food was bland and overpriced. Would not go back or recommend.
- Birthday For DaughterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Diane did a great job hosting our table! Great Mango Margarita's! She made a wonderful Avocado Dip! But we had to wait way too long for food to arrive. Thanks to Diane making the evening enjoyable!Special Features:
- Great fajitasKaty3VIPDined on 7/4/2014The guacamole was very good! We had an e-mail from Cantina Laredo for the 4th of July for $10 combination fajitas. They were very good and the portion were big.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland & ColdNinjaDined on 6/21/2014The guacamole was very bland and our entrees arrived cold and bland. Chipotle is much better for a lot less. Our out of town guest was very disappointed and so were we.Special Features:
- What a Gem!chalkers55Dined on 6/14/2014Great place, great food, great drinks. Food is fresh and tastes excellent. If only there was on north of downtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative gormet MexicanMikeInFllDined on 6/7/2014The decor is inviting. The menu is creative and relatively broad with choices even for those who may not like classic American-Mexican fare. Table side guacamole was excellent and the salsa was both flavorful and quite unique. Even the chips were exceptional - thin, fresh and crispy. Service was excellent. A party of 8 was greeted and served by a team who were spot on with their service. And the greeting and attentiveness felt genuine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 112 reviews are from the Cantina Laredo - Orlando reviews archive.
- Not up to their normal standardNorthFortyDined on 5/26/2014Since it was a holiday evening, I'm willing to give them a break. The service was very slow and unattentive. Took about 10 minutes to get a 2nd Casa Rita and more chips for the Queso. We've been there numerous times (one of our favorite local places to dine) and this was the exception. The food was very good and the Casa Rita's excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mothers Day Brunch/DinnerMsPebblesDined on 5/11/2014I made the reservation using open table the night before for 20 ppl for 2 pm they had everything ready for us when we arrived.My party turned out to be more like 25ppl and they did not have a problem with it they just added one more table. Our waitress was great she was very accommodating she allowed us to order of their regular menu. The food was delicious everything was cooked perfect with just the right amount of seasoning. I would definitely recommend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing! Awesome!Steph94Dined on 5/10/2014I have never been treated so well! The staff and manager helped me w/ a surprise bday and went above and beyond!! I was amazed! Service was exceptional! I would recommended to anybody wether an event or just dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flconfa1Dined on 5/5/2014I enjoyed our outside seating, great ambiance. Service was very friendly but extremely slow due to the Cinco de Mayo celebration.Special Features:
- great foodjillDined on 5/2/2014Food and service were excellent. A bit noisy since they were hosting a charitable event on the other side of the restaurant. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for large groupacyulfoDined on 5/1/2014Reservation for 12 pm, celebration for my daughter's graduation. They were ready and the service was great - food was fantastic!Special Features:
- Love this place!!!coreyandnicoleDined on 4/26/2014One of my all-time favorites!! Excellent food! Service was great, as always. Beautiful patio dining. Cannot say enough good about this place.Special Features:
- success!mamaeraa415Dined on 4/18/2014All of my senses came alive! What a night to remeber! Service, food, environment were all wonderful! Melissa and Daniel were amazing!highly recommend in all areas! A must try in orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't go backWaterboyDined on 4/18/2014Nice place in a good location, but food was nothing special and it should have been for the price paid. We had good service, but we left disappointed. Even the table side guac, which was highly recommended was below average.
- Lucky findluckyfindsDined on 4/17/2014We were given a coupon for free quacamole at the Cantina Laredo at our resort in Orlando. We thought we would take a chance and try something new and different. And we found an awesome place. The food was great and authentic to what we have had in Mexico. The service was great, no need to ask for anything as our needs were anticipated.Special Features:
- The dishes are innovative.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014The dishes are innovative. Very good quality of the meat, and lots of fresh veggies on top. The service was quite fast, even though the waiter seemed a little overwhelmed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but service, only fairRoyTheExperienceGuyDined on 4/12/2014Consistently very good food but our waitress was personality less! She was busy but looked like she was just going through the motions. Forgot to deliver our second drink order until close to when dessert arrived. Bad. Valet is weak maybe because his girlfriend was sitting next to him on the curb all night. The hostess asked our "small for her age" 6th grader if she wanted a kids menu. She wasn't happy. If the food weren't so good, I wouldn't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2014We had 9 people on a Saturday night with 2 kids. They sat us back in there private room. It was great we put tables together to make it was for all of use to have elbow room. Being placed in the back room was awesome the kids were able to get up and spend individual time will all our friends and not being concerned that we were disturbing anyone else. It was like having a private party without the large price tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, even better serviceBoGaskinzVIPDined on 3/10/2014My wife and I love Mexican food. She would eat it for every meal if she could. The food here was solid, but what made the night special is the fun waiter we had. Oh yeah and the margaritas were large and strong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedluv2liveVIPDined on 3/8/2014We were looking forward to trying this place. The food was salty and in some case bland. However, the service was great.Special Features:
- awesomemcclermontDined on 3/8/2014It is a great date night for couples if you are looking for something different and great food and drinks.Special Features:
- DisappointedCornucopia522VIPDined on 3/1/2014I was looking forward to our dinner at CL as we used to visit one many times when we lived in Texas. I was thoroughly disappointed in every way. Food and service were just fair. What really upset me was the price of the daily fish on the menu was not the same on my bill. A significant difference with no good explanation given when I asked. We will not go back
- Poor Mexican Food in Fancy SettingBradDined on 2/28/2014The location and interior of Catina Laredo would lead you to believe you are about to experience some delicious high-end Mexican cuisine. Unfortunately, the food is just average if not below average. We started with the table-side prepared guacamole which was not only bland but the avocados were very hard and needed another day or two to ripen. We each ordered different tacos which flavor-wise were ok but nothing special at all. The rice was terrible and the beans were mushy. Overall, we were very unimpressed. We've had better Mexican food out of our local food truck for a third of the price.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2014Can't go wrong if your in the mood for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cantina Laredo- OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014I have to say that the restaurant staff was very accommodating. I had to change my reservation x3 after learning that my brother's flight was delayed, and then he got stuck on I-4. Which should come as no surprise to anyone. Food was fantastic, other than ordering a filet to find it butterflied and rather fatty. It was a special though, so I assume that it is not served all the time. If it is, it needs to be trimmed better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great High Quality Mexican!RoyTheExperienceGuyDined on 2/21/2014Tableside guacamole is fantastic! We had the sea bass special and the spinach enchiladas. Both were very flavorful and fresh. Love this place!Special Features:
- Not worth itTootie512Dined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend and I dined here on Valentine's Day and had such high expectations. When we arrived there was only one Valet runner getting cars so the driveway was backed up. Once inside we had to wait another 10 minutes to be seated. None of the tables were set with napkins or silverware. The carpet was lifting up from the floor and there were chips everywhere. The food was subpar for the price. Our server was the only one working our section in the back and desperately needed help. It was impossible for her to be as attentive as she needed to be to everyone. In all - do expect too much from Cantina Laredo. We will not be backSpecial Features:
- Food is consistently good.SnidleyWhiplashDined on 2/14/2014Food is consistently good. Waiter was a frequent visitor refilling glasses as the food can be spicy. When he made the guacamole he could have asked if we wanted all the additional ingredients, which I overheard a waiter at the table next to us ask the couple if they wanted everything in it. only negative....one of our dinner guests did not receive her meal until 5 minutes after the rest of us received ours so we waited until she received hers (proper etiquette to wait) so our food was a little cool when hers came out. A star goes out to the host as one of our guests could not find the restaurant and not only did he talk to her on the phone to help get her to the restaurant but he went outside the restaurant to meet her..I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Guacamole!!LoveMexicanMargaritasDined on 2/14/2014We love this place! They have fabulous guacamole and fantastic margaritas! Many different kids to choose from! The food is excellent. If you want great upscale mexican, this is the place! You cannot go wrong!Special Features:
- Excellent fresh MexicanwestbraeDined on 2/8/2014We usually don't frequent chain resturaunts but we will visit this one again! Very fresh ingredients. Light flavorable fantastic service. Everyone loved their meals! Skinny Margaritas were wonderful. Light crispy warm chips with just the right amount of salt and nice salsas. Refilled without even asking! Two rellenos offered, one wrapped in steak were winners along with enchiladas Veracruz which were topped with fresh shredded veggies! Thank you to our server Diane and Rick the manager. Dessert. Yes have it. Triple Leche cake and Mexican Apple pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice fine AWAY from Disney Noise!KatsVIPDined on 2/7/2014To quote a member of our dining party- "A great meal... You can always judge a Mexican restaurant by whether or not they put shredded lettuce on the food" Catina Laredo is not about shredded lettuce! The food was fresh, the guacamole is a must- made table side- and the adult beverage menu is extensive and intriguing. From a variety of margaritas and sangrias... Our table of eight received impeccable service and our special orders. I would recommend not eating at all during the day so that you have room for several baskets of the thin, crispy chips and your meal.Special Features:
- Groups welcomeProattheshowDined on 1/21/2014Our group of 12 was met with open arms. We were seated immediately and the waitstaff could not have been more friendly. The orders all came quickly and when one person found his dish too spicy they changed it without even asking twice. This group of people will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurant in afrazier1Dined on 1/21/2014Very nice restaurant in a very upscale area of Orlando. Both of our entrees were very good and not your standard Mexican fare. All ingredients were fresh as promised. We are here from the North on vacation and would definitely revisit on our next trip.Special Features:
- Sad to see it deteriorateWannalikeitVIPDined on 1/18/2014We were seated promptly by a friendly greeter. Our server was scrambling. He was friendly but he had 6 tables, you cannot provide attentive service with 6 tables…we counted them. They brought the wrong appetizer and those things happen but when the correct app was delivered by the manager he mad a negative comment about the kitchen trying to be funny, I guess. Poor taste. Their food used to be executed in a much better way. If you have been here before, you know their prices are high for Mexican but we enjoyed the food and service…not this time.