Cantina Laredo - Nashville
592 12th Avenue S
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cantina Laredo - Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinalaredo.com/
- Phone: (615) 259-9282
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday:11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Trey Cioccia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Chris Collier 6152599282
A word from Cantina Laredo - Nashville
Cantina Laredo serves authentic Mexican dishes in a sophisticated atmosphere. We offer daily fish specials, grilled chicken and steaks complimented by signature sauces such as chipotle-wine with portobello mushrooms or sauteed artichoke hearts and roasted red bell peppers. Follow on Twitter Become a fan on FacebookContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cantina Laredo - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (29)special occasion (24)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (21)fit for foodies (21)romantic (17)great for outdoor dining (16)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Michael was our server and he was wonderful. We had a large group and he was super attentive and helpful. Our food was excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartiniDined on 11/14/2014Loved the atmosphere and the food was fresh. Not your typical mexican restaurant. Good for romantic dinner or a place to enjoy with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad the Melting Pot was closed!DoniDined on 11/7/2014It was my daughter's 22nd birthday and we had reservations at Melting Pot. Late in the day I received a call they were still closed due to unfinished renovations. I made a reservation with CL based on a coworker's suggestion. We loved it. The sea bass and salmon was amazing. Our server was equally wonderful. Fabulous choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ReviewLalaDined on 11/1/2014For a special occasion this restaurant is really good. You can expect to pay over one hundred dollars for a drink and a meal per couple. We had 1appetizer, 2 meals, 4 alcohol beverages on our tab for a party of two and the bill came to $137.00 and our tip was $28.00 making our total purchase $165.00 for the entire meal. Also, you must know that there is a $10.00 charge for parking in the parking lot across the street. The bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp appetizer was delicious along with the sea bass, cilantro rice and fresh asparagus which was equally delicious. The waiter was awesome and the atmosphere was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2014Good Environment Food was below expectation for the cost We were told to go to Chewy's if we wanted a larger margarita which lowered the customer experience for sure
- Enjoyed everything!!Madman256Dined on 10/25/2014Really liked the food, atmosphere, and perfect patron Margaritas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, ridiculous servicejaseDined on 10/24/2014I've been to this restaurant twice now and both visits were exactly the same. The servers themselves were pleasant and energetic both times yet, the service was terrible both times. This is a shame because the the food is excellent in my opinion. In any case, I'm not sure if the problem is that there aren't enough servers or what exactly but there's certainly a ball being dropped somewhere (I suspect in management).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive StaffmetalmatriarchDined on 10/18/2014Very attentive, pleasant waiter. Let us sit with our drinks past closing time and didn't rush us. Wonderful margaritas and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?TexansDined on 10/11/2014We have loved Cantina in the past but our food was Awful this time. My tacos were cold like the refrigerator! It was so sad as this has always been such a good place. I noticed they were not busy on a Saturday night and now we know why.Special Features:
- Delicious upscale Mexican choice!JesusIsTheAnswer2014Dined on 10/10/2014I have enjoyed every dish that I have chosen when visiting Cantina Laredo (especially the Poblano Chicken Chimichanga @ lunchtime). If I had any complaint, it would be I wish there were more options for side items, other than beans and rice. Although every entree is fantastic, it would be nice to see some variety of sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch and serviceJSP4VIPDined on 10/1/2014A good lunch spot for business that is not overly crowded or noisy. I had a shrimp salad with mango and avocado, which was good, except there was too much pepper on the shrimp. We were asked several times if everything was "perfect." Not exactly perfect, but good enough.Special Features:
- BookwormDined on 9/29/20142nd visit. Food and service excellent on both visits. Will be returning. Good place to take out of town visitors.Special Features:
- Friday Night FunTomLDined on 9/19/2014Three couples dined outside on the patio. Much quieter than inside. Great food. Great service. A fun dining experience.Special Features:
- disappointed!bustDined on 9/19/2014This was a group and family favorite of ours...but on Friday night at 7:30 the restaurant was dead. Wait staff was standing around staring and talking - they had nothing to do. What was worse, the restaurant was really nearly empty and the food was really mediocre. Usually when we come to this place it is packed and the food is terrific. Our last visit was so disappointing that we will likely not return and won't recommend it.
- Lunch at LaredoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2014First time at Cantina Laredo and I was impressed. Great service and the food was excellent. Certainly not your regular mexican place. I will be back!Special Features:
- Good Food and Good Service...new2nashvilleDined on 9/6/2014We went for a friend's birthday dinner. We had a great time. The food was very good and the drinks from the bar were outstanding. If you like dessert I recommend the Mexican Apple Pie. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!TonyDined on 9/6/2014We had a great experience. Everything was excellent!Special Features:
- One of our top favoritesWLStClairDined on 9/4/2014The place we always go back to. Great food, service, and atmosphere at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Great experience.BushtribeDined on 8/31/2014Server lacked enthusiasism but everything else was incredible. Brunch on weekends had $2 mimosas and bloody Mary's and food was exceptional. We had a party of six at 12:30pm and walked right in with open table reservations.Special Features:
- nope.stephcorleoneDined on 8/30/2014Food wasn't that great. Overpriced for what it was. My skinnyrita was good. Service was OK, but very obvious he would have preferred to not be there. My boyfriend called my enchilada something like a "Weight Watchers Enchilada"-- bland. The chicken was quite gamey. Tasted like turkey. Needed more flavor.
- Excellent service, good foodDixieBelleDined on 8/30/2014I went to Cantina Laredo's with a group of friends. The service was excellent, as was the food. My only complaint is that the margaritas were overpriced and watered down.Special Features:
- Mucho BuenoFroggyVIPDined on 8/30/2014A little bit of Mexico in Nashville, TN. The enchiladas were delicious and so was the white sangria. Guacamole made table side was excellent. Can't wait for the one to open in King of Prussia, PA.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure.FranklinfoodieDined on 8/29/2014Each time we have been, the hostesses have been great, and accommodated our request for a table rather than a booth. Now let's talk food... every dish has been amazing, but please do yourself a favor and save room for dessert. Try the apple pie. You won't be sorry. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!trbtravelerDined on 8/28/2014Always love Cantina Laredo. Good food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great food, too loudthomasakaDined on 8/27/2014There was a really loud, obnoxious group in the dining room and the staff did nothing to quiet them down. I literally had to shout to order :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and good dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Was looking for upscale mexican for a fun night out to dinner with my son and a few of his friends from vanderbilt. This was the perfect spot. The food was good and the service very timely. The guacamole at tableside is a must! I hesitated to order two orders of guacamole for 5 people but it was gone so fast i almost wish i got 3 orders! We had a variety of dishes- fajitas, enchiladas, tacos and vegetarian dish. All were excellent. I think if i had to say, the fajitas were the best. Everything was so fresh. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great place for fancy MexicanLeviDined on 8/19/2014I didn't even know fancy Mexican was possible but apparently it is. I really liked the service we received as well as the atmosphere/decor. It's a little busy but overall we had a good time. They have different drinks discounted depending on what day of the week you go. For example, Tuesday is "Two-dollar-tacatas-Tuesday." Turns out tacatas is some kind of mexican beer that was served in a can...getting beer in a can seemed very out-of-place and that's the one part that I didn't like. When I asked the waiter what kind of beer it was it was clear he didn't know the different kinds of beers also. He knew the food much better. At any rate, is was overall a very well-rounded, positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made for a great first date!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Our food was delicious, our server was very nice and attentive, and the room was quiet enough so that we could carry on a conversation easily. The tableside guac was a nice touch and was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end MexicanWiny1Dined on 8/15/2014Not the traditional entrees, and that is a Good Thing. My chicken entree was outstanding. Margarita was Only OK though I am not a connoisseurSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your traditional MexicancpfoodieDined on 8/8/2014The food is great, extremely fresh. Happy hour is pretty good too. The service just needs to step it up a bit, we were left alone for far too long in between her stops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great margaritasWriteitdownDined on 8/6/2014They do have valet, but it isn't directly in front of the restaurant. The pineapple margaritas are delicious. Great service and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican FoodLouGDined on 8/6/2014All ingredients we fresh and delicious. Guacamole prepared at table (so you know it's fresh and not from some earlier prepared vat). Excellent crispy chips and great salsas. Beef was very good in fajita (along with chicken). Sides dishes were very good. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great Experience!PelotaDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I took a dear friend to dinner at Cantina Laredo. The margaritas were spectacular and very well-made, the chips were fresh and hot, and dinner was very good. Wait staff is courteous and attentive....we had a great experience and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightDcooneyDined on 8/4/2014Celebrated our daughters 21st birthday with some Belmont girlfriends and had a great time! Service and food was awesome Valet is a great help with Nashville parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDatenightDined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent as were the drinks!! Not to mention the great attentive staff!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceJenniferDined on 8/1/2014As always, the dining experience was great. However, due to the present construction in the area, the outdoor seating proved to be a very noisy place to be as cement trucks and other large vehicles passed right by the restaurant on a constant basis. This is temporary I'm sure, and I wouldn't let this stop me from visiting again. But until construction is complete, best sit indoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MattDined on 7/30/2014Best margaritas in Nashville. The food was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 232 reviews are from the Cantina Laredo - Nashville reviews archive.
- loudSJgouldDined on 6/21/2014It was very loud. We were there with a 10 person party and they put us in a room with two other large parties and only two waiters for all parties. Which cause a lot of our party to have the wrong food delivered and our drink not refilled in an appropriate amount of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server- KariConfusedDined on 6/20/2014We were greeted promptly by our server Kari & asked which margarita she'd recommend &were stunned when she said she wouldn't recommend any because she didn't like tequila. Our appetizers made it out before our drinks and then our frozen mango margarita was not so frozen as much as it was liquid. We decided to ask Kari for a few recommendations on food including how the crab enchiladas were and she proceeded to tell us didn't like any crab other than MD crab. Our food was good; however Kari ended up grabbing our checks and said "ladies I'm out but y'all can stay as long as youd like. Finally we were greeted by Chef Joe and expressed our concerns. He apologized and encouraged us to come back after making menu & drink suggestions.
- Great Food, good priceNacnudjrDined on 6/16/2014The table side guacamole is the best! All dishes I have tried have been outstanding though I prefer enchiladas with shredded vs ground beef. Atmosphere is very nice, service first class. A little pricey.Special Features: