Cantina Laredo - Nashville
592 12th Avenue S
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cantina Laredo - Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinalaredo.com/
- Phone: 6152599282
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday:11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Trey Cioccia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Chris Collier 6152599282
A word from Cantina Laredo - Nashville
Cantina Laredo serves authentic Mexican dishes in a sophisticated atmosphere. We offer daily fish specials, grilled chicken and steaks complimented by signature sauces such as chipotle-wine with portobello mushrooms or sauteed artichoke hearts and roasted red bell peppers. Follow on Twitter Become a fan on FacebookContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cantina Laredo - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (22)special occasion (18)hot spot (18)fit for foodies (17)romantic (15)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (13)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Attentive StaffmetalmatriarchDined on 10/18/2014Very attentive, pleasant waiter. Let us sit with our drinks past closing time and didn't rush us. Wonderful margaritas and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?TexansDined on 10/11/2014We have loved Cantina in the past but our food was Awful this time. My tacos were cold like the refrigerator! It was so sad as this has always been such a good place. I noticed they were not busy on a Saturday night and now we know why.Special Features:
- Delicious upscale Mexican choice!JesusIsTheAnswer2014Dined on 10/10/2014I have enjoyed every dish that I have chosen when visiting Cantina Laredo (especially the Poblano Chicken Chimichanga @ lunchtime). If I had any complaint, it would be I wish there were more options for side items, other than beans and rice. Although every entree is fantastic, it would be nice to see some variety of sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch and serviceJSP4VIPDined on 10/1/2014A good lunch spot for business that is not overly crowded or noisy. I had a shrimp salad with mango and avocado, which was good, except there was too much pepper on the shrimp. We were asked several times if everything was "perfect." Not exactly perfect, but good enough.Special Features:
- BookwormDined on 9/29/20142nd visit. Food and service excellent on both visits. Will be returning. Good place to take out of town visitors.Special Features:
- Friday Night FunTomLDined on 9/19/2014Three couples dined outside on the patio. Much quieter than inside. Great food. Great service. A fun dining experience.Special Features:
- disappointed!bustDined on 9/19/2014This was a group and family favorite of ours...but on Friday night at 7:30 the restaurant was dead. Wait staff was standing around staring and talking - they had nothing to do. What was worse, the restaurant was really nearly empty and the food was really mediocre. Usually when we come to this place it is packed and the food is terrific. Our last visit was so disappointing that we will likely not return and won't recommend it.
- Lunch at LaredoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2014First time at Cantina Laredo and I was impressed. Great service and the food was excellent. Certainly not your regular mexican place. I will be back!Special Features:
- Good Food and Good Service...new2nashvilleDined on 9/6/2014We went for a friend's birthday dinner. We had a great time. The food was very good and the drinks from the bar were outstanding. If you like dessert I recommend the Mexican Apple Pie. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!TonyDined on 9/6/2014We had a great experience. Everything was excellent!Special Features:
- One of our top favoritesWLStClairDined on 9/4/2014The place we always go back to. Great food, service, and atmosphere at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Great experience.BushtribeDined on 8/31/2014Server lacked enthusiasism but everything else was incredible. Brunch on weekends had $2 mimosas and bloody Mary's and food was exceptional. We had a party of six at 12:30pm and walked right in with open table reservations.Special Features:
- nope.stephcorleoneDined on 8/30/2014Food wasn't that great. Overpriced for what it was. My skinnyrita was good. Service was OK, but very obvious he would have preferred to not be there. My boyfriend called my enchilada something like a "Weight Watchers Enchilada"-- bland. The chicken was quite gamey. Tasted like turkey. Needed more flavor.
- Excellent service, good foodDixieBelleDined on 8/30/2014I went to Cantina Laredo's with a group of friends. The service was excellent, as was the food. My only complaint is that the margaritas were overpriced and watered down.Special Features:
- Mucho BuenoFroggyVIPDined on 8/30/2014A little bit of Mexico in Nashville, TN. The enchiladas were delicious and so was the white sangria. Guacamole made table side was excellent. Can't wait for the one to open in King of Prussia, PA.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure.FranklinfoodieDined on 8/29/2014Each time we have been, the hostesses have been great, and accommodated our request for a table rather than a booth. Now let's talk food... every dish has been amazing, but please do yourself a favor and save room for dessert. Try the apple pie. You won't be sorry. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!trbtravelerDined on 8/28/2014Always love Cantina Laredo. Good food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great food, too loudthomasakaDined on 8/27/2014There was a really loud, obnoxious group in the dining room and the staff did nothing to quiet them down. I literally had to shout to order :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and good dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Was looking for upscale mexican for a fun night out to dinner with my son and a few of his friends from vanderbilt. This was the perfect spot. The food was good and the service very timely. The guacamole at tableside is a must! I hesitated to order two orders of guacamole for 5 people but it was gone so fast i almost wish i got 3 orders! We had a variety of dishes- fajitas, enchiladas, tacos and vegetarian dish. All were excellent. I think if i had to say, the fajitas were the best. Everything was so fresh. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Made for a great first date!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Our food was delicious, our server was very nice and attentive, and the room was quiet enough so that we could carry on a conversation easily. The tableside guac was a nice touch and was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end MexicanWiny1Dined on 8/15/2014Not the traditional entrees, and that is a Good Thing. My chicken entree was outstanding. Margarita was Only OK though I am not a connoisseurSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your traditional MexicancpfoodieDined on 8/8/2014The food is great, extremely fresh. Happy hour is pretty good too. The service just needs to step it up a bit, we were left alone for far too long in between her stops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great margaritasWriteitdownDined on 8/6/2014They do have valet, but it isn't directly in front of the restaurant. The pineapple margaritas are delicious. Great service and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican FoodLouGDined on 8/6/2014All ingredients we fresh and delicious. Guacamole prepared at table (so you know it's fresh and not from some earlier prepared vat). Excellent crispy chips and great salsas. Beef was very good in fajita (along with chicken). Sides dishes were very good. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great Experience!PelotaDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I took a dear friend to dinner at Cantina Laredo. The margaritas were spectacular and very well-made, the chips were fresh and hot, and dinner was very good. Wait staff is courteous and attentive....we had a great experience and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightDcooneyDined on 8/4/2014Celebrated our daughters 21st birthday with some Belmont girlfriends and had a great time! Service and food was awesome Valet is a great help with Nashville parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDatenightDined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent as were the drinks!! Not to mention the great attentive staff!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceJenniferDined on 8/1/2014As always, the dining experience was great. However, due to the present construction in the area, the outdoor seating proved to be a very noisy place to be as cement trucks and other large vehicles passed right by the restaurant on a constant basis. This is temporary I'm sure, and I wouldn't let this stop me from visiting again. But until construction is complete, best sit indoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MattDined on 7/30/2014Best margaritas in Nashville. The food was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 232 reviews are from the Cantina Laredo - Nashville reviews archive.
- loudSJgouldDined on 6/21/2014It was very loud. We were there with a 10 person party and they put us in a room with two other large parties and only two waiters for all parties. Which cause a lot of our party to have the wrong food delivered and our drink not refilled in an appropriate amount of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server- KariConfusedDined on 6/20/2014We were greeted promptly by our server Kari & asked which margarita she'd recommend &were stunned when she said she wouldn't recommend any because she didn't like tequila. Our appetizers made it out before our drinks and then our frozen mango margarita was not so frozen as much as it was liquid. We decided to ask Kari for a few recommendations on food including how the crab enchiladas were and she proceeded to tell us didn't like any crab other than MD crab. Our food was good; however Kari ended up grabbing our checks and said "ladies I'm out but y'all can stay as long as youd like. Finally we were greeted by Chef Joe and expressed our concerns. He apologized and encouraged us to come back after making menu & drink suggestions.
- Great Food, good priceNacnudjrDined on 6/16/2014The table side guacamole is the best! All dishes I have tried have been outstanding though I prefer enchiladas with shredded vs ground beef. Atmosphere is very nice, service first class. A little pricey.Special Features:
- TastyLocalTNchickVIPDined on 6/15/2014Delicious , Father's Day lunch was great. Variety was great , Evans our server was so nice and very good. Food was better than expected chicken and steak fajaitas were delicious along with table side guac. Dessert wow very impressive for a Mexican restaurant. We will be back. Must try for those who are looking for outdoor upscale Mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerbigeaterVIPDined on 6/13/2014We met some friends for dinner. I had made reservations and our table was ready when we arrived. The made-at-your-table guacamole is a must order. Fresh and tasty. All the food was yummy and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but over pricedSavvyeaterDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I had been there before and remember the restaurant being pretty good. This time it was ok. The server seemed rushed and the margaritas are way over priced for what you get. Average price about $12.00. My food was actually pretty good and came out hot and fairly quick. The portions were good size. My wife is a picky eater and was satisfied with her meal. The noise level is a bit high but the crowd was largely young professionals given it was a Friday night. The price of the food was fair enough but on the high side for a medics restaurant. overall we had a nice time, it is worth giving a try. SAVVYEATERSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Had the sweet/spicy margarita (forget the name, mango pepper perhaps) which was AMAZING. Had the special of bacon wrapped shrimp which was perfect. Definitely get the tableside guacamole. Great experience!Special Features:
- Waitress extremely too chatty rude!Momof3Dined on 6/7/2014Nice place but waitress stayed and stayed and talked too incredibly long. Felt Like she was dining with us. Ruined the while dining experience there! Completely have us her Nd her boyfriends life story. Why they moved to tenn etc etc. sooo much for an intimate dinner for two without kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorbet Summer DrinksggivensDined on 6/7/2014The only dissatisfaction I had was with the drinks, I ordered the new advertised drinks called Sorbet Summer in the Blood Orange Berry Rita. When the drink was brought to my table it looked nothing like the illustrated picture of the drink. There should have been two round scopes, one Orange and one Berry of sorbet. There was only one log looking scope that looked like it had been dug out with a spoon. The drink itself was supposed to be red but it was mango color, there were no garnish on top and the glass was a wine and not a margarita glass. When I brought it to their attention, they gave me excuses why it did not look like the picture and admitted they were not capable of making the drink correctly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, strange follow-up.AlexDined on 6/3/2014I had a fantastic time at Cantina Laredo. Food was so fantastic I couldn't believe it. I split the combination fajitas with my date and we both left full and happy! While the restraint experience was great, what happened after was completely unnecessary and frustrating. The reservation service, "Open Table," emailed me the next night to inform me that I had missed my reservation. Their email had a chastising tone and being emailed two more times was just a nuisance to me. Obviously there is some very poor communication between the restaurant staff and this reservation/review service. I have never been emailed after I dined ANYWHERE and frankly it left a bad taste in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit pricey but good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014A bit pricey but the food was good and decent sized portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.