Cantina Laredo - Nashville
592 12th Avenue S
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cantina Laredo - Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinalaredo.com/
- Phone: 6152599282
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday:11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Trey Cioccia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Chris Collier 6152599282
A word from Cantina Laredo - Nashville
Cantina Laredo serves authentic Mexican dishes in a sophisticated atmosphere. We offer daily fish specials, grilled chicken and steaks complimented by signature sauces such as chipotle-wine with portobello mushrooms or sauteed artichoke hearts and roasted red bell peppers. Follow on Twitter Become a fan on FacebookContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Cantina Laredo - Nashville - Best Restaurants in The Gulch ›
Cantina Laredo - Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (30)neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (29)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (22)great for outdoor dining (20)hot spot (17)great for brunch (15)romantic (15)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (7)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- nope.stephcorleoneDined on 8/30/2014Food wasn't that great. Overpriced for what it was. My skinnyrita was good. Service was OK, but very obvious he would have preferred to not be there. My boyfriend called my enchilada something like a "Weight Watchers Enchilada"-- bland. The chicken was quite gamey. Tasted like turkey. Needed more flavor.
- Excellent service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014I went to Cantina Laredo's with a group of friends. The service was excellent, as was the food. My only complaint is that the margaritas were overpriced and watered down.Special Features:
- Mucho BuenoFroggyVIPDined on 8/30/2014A little bit of Mexico in Nashville, TN. The enchiladas were delicious and so was the white sangria. Guacamole made table side was excellent. Can't wait for the one to open in King of Prussia, PA.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, too loudthomasakaDined on 8/27/2014There was a really loud, obnoxious group in the dining room and the staff did nothing to quiet them down. I literally had to shout to order :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and good dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Was looking for upscale mexican for a fun night out to dinner with my son and a few of his friends from vanderbilt. This was the perfect spot. The food was good and the service very timely. The guacamole at tableside is a must! I hesitated to order two orders of guacamole for 5 people but it was gone so fast i almost wish i got 3 orders! We had a variety of dishes- fajitas, enchiladas, tacos and vegetarian dish. All were excellent. I think if i had to say, the fajitas were the best. Everything was so fresh. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Made for a great first date!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Our food was delicious, our server was very nice and attentive, and the room was quiet enough so that we could carry on a conversation easily. The tableside guac was a nice touch and was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end MexicanWiny1Dined on 8/15/2014Not the traditional entrees, and that is a Good Thing. My chicken entree was outstanding. Margarita was Only OK though I am not a connoisseurSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your traditional MexicancpfoodieDined on 8/8/2014The food is great, extremely fresh. Happy hour is pretty good too. The service just needs to step it up a bit, we were left alone for far too long in between her stops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great margaritasWriteitdownDined on 8/6/2014They do have valet, but it isn't directly in front of the restaurant. The pineapple margaritas are delicious. Great service and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican FoodLouGDined on 8/6/2014All ingredients we fresh and delicious. Guacamole prepared at table (so you know it's fresh and not from some earlier prepared vat). Excellent crispy chips and great salsas. Beef was very good in fajita (along with chicken). Sides dishes were very good. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great Experience!PelotaDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I took a dear friend to dinner at Cantina Laredo. The margaritas were spectacular and very well-made, the chips were fresh and hot, and dinner was very good. Wait staff is courteous and attentive....we had a great experience and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightDcooneyDined on 8/4/2014Celebrated our daughters 21st birthday with some Belmont girlfriends and had a great time! Service and food was awesome Valet is a great help with Nashville parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDatenightDined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent as were the drinks!! Not to mention the great attentive staff!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceJenniferDined on 8/1/2014As always, the dining experience was great. However, due to the present construction in the area, the outdoor seating proved to be a very noisy place to be as cement trucks and other large vehicles passed right by the restaurant on a constant basis. This is temporary I'm sure, and I wouldn't let this stop me from visiting again. But until construction is complete, best sit indoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MattDined on 7/30/2014Best margaritas in Nashville. The food was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loudSJgouldDined on 6/21/2014It was very loud. We were there with a 10 person party and they put us in a room with two other large parties and only two waiters for all parties. Which cause a lot of our party to have the wrong food delivered and our drink not refilled in an appropriate amount of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server- KariConfusedDined on 6/20/2014We were greeted promptly by our server Kari & asked which margarita she'd recommend &were stunned when she said she wouldn't recommend any because she didn't like tequila. Our appetizers made it out before our drinks and then our frozen mango margarita was not so frozen as much as it was liquid. We decided to ask Kari for a few recommendations on food including how the crab enchiladas were and she proceeded to tell us didn't like any crab other than MD crab. Our food was good; however Kari ended up grabbing our checks and said "ladies I'm out but y'all can stay as long as youd like. Finally we were greeted by Chef Joe and expressed our concerns. He apologized and encouraged us to come back after making menu & drink suggestions.
- Great Food, good priceNacnudjrDined on 6/16/2014The table side guacamole is the best! All dishes I have tried have been outstanding though I prefer enchiladas with shredded vs ground beef. Atmosphere is very nice, service first class. A little pricey.Special Features:
- TastyLocalTNchickVIPDined on 6/15/2014Delicious , Father's Day lunch was great. Variety was great , Evans our server was so nice and very good. Food was better than expected chicken and steak fajaitas were delicious along with table side guac. Dessert wow very impressive for a Mexican restaurant. We will be back. Must try for those who are looking for outdoor upscale Mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerbigeaterVIPDined on 6/13/2014We met some friends for dinner. I had made reservations and our table was ready when we arrived. The made-at-your-table guacamole is a must order. Fresh and tasty. All the food was yummy and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but over pricedSavvyeaterDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I had been there before and remember the restaurant being pretty good. This time it was ok. The server seemed rushed and the margaritas are way over priced for what you get. Average price about $12.00. My food was actually pretty good and came out hot and fairly quick. The portions were good size. My wife is a picky eater and was satisfied with her meal. The noise level is a bit high but the crowd was largely young professionals given it was a Friday night. The price of the food was fair enough but on the high side for a medics restaurant. overall we had a nice time, it is worth giving a try. SAVVYEATERSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Had the sweet/spicy margarita (forget the name, mango pepper perhaps) which was AMAZING. Had the special of bacon wrapped shrimp which was perfect. Definitely get the tableside guacamole. Great experience!Special Features:
- Waitress extremely too chatty rude!Momof3Dined on 6/7/2014Nice place but waitress stayed and stayed and talked too incredibly long. Felt Like she was dining with us. Ruined the while dining experience there! Completely have us her Nd her boyfriends life story. Why they moved to tenn etc etc. sooo much for an intimate dinner for two without kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorbet Summer DrinksggivensDined on 6/7/2014The only dissatisfaction I had was with the drinks, I ordered the new advertised drinks called Sorbet Summer in the Blood Orange Berry Rita. When the drink was brought to my table it looked nothing like the illustrated picture of the drink. There should have been two round scopes, one Orange and one Berry of sorbet. There was only one log looking scope that looked like it had been dug out with a spoon. The drink itself was supposed to be red but it was mango color, there were no garnish on top and the glass was a wine and not a margarita glass. When I brought it to their attention, they gave me excuses why it did not look like the picture and admitted they were not capable of making the drink correctly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, strange follow-up.AlexDined on 6/3/2014I had a fantastic time at Cantina Laredo. Food was so fantastic I couldn't believe it. I split the combination fajitas with my date and we both left full and happy! While the restraint experience was great, what happened after was completely unnecessary and frustrating. The reservation service, "Open Table," emailed me the next night to inform me that I had missed my reservation. Their email had a chastising tone and being emailed two more times was just a nuisance to me. Obviously there is some very poor communication between the restaurant staff and this reservation/review service. I have never been emailed after I dined ANYWHERE and frankly it left a bad taste in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit pricey but good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014A bit pricey but the food was good and decent sized portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KiKiKatDined on 6/2/2014The food and service was very good. Nice to have valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2014As a NYC foodie, I was thrilled with the Nashville Mexican experience. Food was wonderful. Fish tacos, skinny lime margerita, and the chocolate brownie dessert was worth every decadent calorie! I would pass on the tres leches next time.Special Features:
- where has the quality food gone?mexicanfoodloverDined on 6/1/2014Sorry to say that the quality we used to expect from Cantina Laredo was not there on our last visit.. The guacamole is still great but the other entree selections were not as fresh as we have come to expect. We are very sad to report this as this has been one of our favorite spots for Mexican food.
- loved itjess1975Dined on 5/31/2014Finally! Found good Mexican food in Tennessee! The Margeritas were good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pushy serviceVikkiDined on 5/31/2014The food was good; especially the salsas and chips. The service was pushy. We were celebrating our anniversary and the waitress kept rushing us to order our entrée (we had just started the drinks and appetizers!). We came extra early (5PM) so we could have extra time and there were very few people in the restaurant (therefore, should have been no rush to turn over our table). No mention was made of anniversary, despite having specified in reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mws87Dined on 5/25/2014Great experience at Cantina Laredo! We have been several times and always have a great meal with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceheartnsoulDined on 5/24/2014This was my husband and my third visit. We brought my brother and sister-in-law. She had just buried her 89-year-old dad that day, so it was a time of good food and reflection, which is what we got. We weren't distracted by undercooked food or a slow wait staff. Everything went perfectly and I'm glad Cantina's was the place we chose. We will be back and will probably bring others with usSpecial Features:
- What a find!DarbudDined on 5/21/2014My first time with a client who made the suggestion due to her food allergies (gluten free choices.) We decided to try the Ahi Tuna mini tacos as an appetizer and were blown away at the flavor. I never thought of trying any type of fish on a taco before since it sounded horrible to me, but I would gladly order these appetizers as a main meal. The rest of the food was good as well, but the appetizer was by far my favorite. All of our order had a very fresh taste and appearance. I've already made several recommendations to friends and coworkers to check out this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConniesConnieDined on 5/17/2014Our service was excellent and the food was delicious. The table side prep of Guac. was impressive and we were able to eliminate items we did not want.Special Features:
- Upscale Mexican DiningJamarhoDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I had lunch at Cantina Laredo. It was our first visit and I had read mixed reviews. It was absolutely wonderful. The sign says gourmet Mexican food and it lived up to it. The house margaritas were very generous and good! Our meals were the best Mexican food we have ever had--the chicken fajitas and crabmeat enchilada. We also had the guacamole made at the table, which was made to our preference and was delicious--and more than enough for two people to share. We will return to Cantina Laredo and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Sophisticated Mexican restaurantCheriVIPDined on 5/14/2014The food was good and the ambiance upscale at this sophisticated Mexican restaurant in the hot "Gulch" area of Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican KitchenmattDined on 5/11/2014Food was great. We had the 2 different salsas they bring out with the chips. Both great. We also ordered queso Laredo which was incredible. Food was full of taste. Service was good. Waitress and hostess were extremely friendly.Special Features:
- Great experience.2onthegoDined on 5/11/2014Our first time at Cantina Laredo was excellent. Our server was very personable, very helpful, and our food was very good. We will be back, no question about it!Special Features:
- Great experienceHendrikDined on 5/10/2014I read the reviews before going recently and was thinking service and turn around times could be issues. I don't know what they are talking about. We had great service, the food was excellent and the turn around times as expected. Enjoy, we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.