Cantina Laredo - Columbus
8791 Lyra Drive
Columbus, OH 43240Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cantina Laredo - Columbus
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cantinalaredo.com/
- Phone: 6147811139
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Leon DeLeon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cantina Laredo opens it's doors to parties as small as 10 and as large as 300. We also provide off-site catering for functions outside the restaurant.
- Private Party Facilities: Cantina Laredo boasts one of the most amazing private dining rooms in all of Columbus. Our private dining room features a wall of windows that disappears to be used as both an indoor and outdoor area, complete with heated outdoor tables and a fireplace inside. 32 people can comfortably dine and converse with a beautiful view of the Polaris Fashion Place promenade and fountains, with an additional 16 seats on the open-air patio. We also have a TV accessible for Power Point presentations and conferences.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Belcastro 6147811139
A word from Cantina Laredo - Columbus
Cantina Laredo serves gourmet Mexican food in a contemporary and refreshing atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cantina Laredo - Columbus reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (35)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (29)great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (17)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (12)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)scenic view (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- Great margaritas and great food!Food4thoughtDined on 8/23/2014We have Mexican restaurants a lot closer to home but we think it's worth the drive!Special Features:
- GuacLBossDined on 8/19/2014There is a reason why haute cuisine and mexican food don't mix; simple is better. Having said that, the table side guacamole is NOT to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican foodNeighborDined on 8/15/2014Stand out for Mexican food far superior to many other local places.Special Features:
- Love LaradooutinpowellDined on 8/8/2014Absolutely wonderful experience every time we've gone. This is not your typical Mexican restaurant. This is upscale Mexican but not in a fussy, pretentious way. Food is fantastic. Wait staff is always great. I've had many meals here and have never been disappointed in the slightest.Special Features:
- KatebutlerslpDined on 8/7/2014Food was good. Had chicken soft tacos and they subbed zucchini for the usual rice and beans. Everybody enjoyed their food. The one drawback was that we were there for lunch and it was way too dark and loud for that time of day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/1/2014Three of our party had the Sea Bass and all were in agreement that was by far better than any other Sea Bass we have had in the Columbus area. Our waiter was Abraham and his service was excellent. We will be returning soon.Special Features:
- Mall Food Writ Largeruchel53Dined on 7/26/2014This is a cavernous restaurant attached to a mall. We went during restaurant week and while the waitress was remarkably attentive, given the large number of customers, the food was merely ok. There was a modified restaurant week menu and perhaps that accounts for the poor showing, but I would not return. The guacamole was a small portion, but tasty; the tortilla chips greasy and crisp - very delicious. However, the mahi mahi tortillas were nothing but two strips of long frozen fish accompanied by rice and beans. The desserts we tried, the flan and brownie w ice cream, were, except for the tablespoon of ice cream, inedible. Save your money. If you want fast food Mexican, drive through Taco Bell.Special Features:
- 2014 Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014We are lucky in that our anniversary is usually during restaurant Week here in Columbus. This year we decided to go to Cantina Laredo. I had always wanted to go & the price was right. We were seated on in the all-seasons room which was perfect since the weather was cooler & there was a nice breeze. The food was great. The service was a bit slow, but they were very busy due to the specials. I, of course, had to order something off the normal menu instead of the $15 for 3 courses special. I am a sucker for Rellenos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week DisappointedNiceVIPDined on 7/25/2014I normally love my experience and service at Catina Laredo but not this time. I felt like they lost the piazza of service and food quality for the restaurant week menu. My waitress wasn't as attentive as normal. We couldn't even get our water refilled after we placed all the glasses on the edge for ten minutes. The food was very very small in portion compared to the regular menu unlike most places during this week. I literally received 1 1/2 tablespoon of guacamole, 1/4 of the normal brownie size; the ice cream scoop was twice the size of the sliver of brownie underneath. The second course wasn't presented they way it was described on the menu. I left hungry and that has never happened before, such a shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a groupBdubDined on 7/25/2014Met the friendly owner on arrival - had excellent service - great food (get the guacamole!) - awesome dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekjazzyfay33Dined on 7/24/2014We really enjoyed the whole experience . The bonus was it was ladies night so I had a mango margarita. Server was great, food was excellent and atmosphere of the restaurant was fancy but comfy. We will goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricecatlover18Dined on 7/22/2014Went during restaurant week and paid $15 for a tiny appetizer, and entree, and a desert. The food was good, but not spectacular. The regular menu seemed pricey for food that didn't match in quality. I could get food equally as good for less money somewhere else. And I can make better guac! Also we made a reservation and after checking in we were forgotten for 15 minutes until we said something, after being told they were just checking to make sure the table was ready. Drinks not refilled promptly. The salsas and the mexican brownie were really good, but other than that I wouldn't go back and pay full price.Special Features:
- Delicious CuisineLynnDined on 7/21/2014We dined at this restaurant for lunch. It was overall a very good dining experience. The food was good and the service was very good. In particular, our waiter was very attentive. Our entrees, mahi mahi tacos and chicken enchiladas were great! For dessert, we had the brownie with ice cream and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio Seating Okay But...UnhappyVeganDined on 7/11/2014The only place to be seated in this mexican restaurant is on the Patio -- in other areas the noise is overwhelming. The owners advertise this as 'gourmet mexican' food. Read that as over-priced mexican food. The surroundings are premium, but the food is average. We've visited this restaurant twice -- the first time the service was horribly slow. This last time the service was exceptional from Abraham -- and being seated on the Patio was pleasant. I picked the restaurant because Open Table's search engine showed it as a Vegan-friendly place. However, only one item on the menu was even Vegetarian - I had to insist on no cheese or sour cream. If you want equal food at half the price, go to El Vaquero. The food is as good and cheaper.Special Features:
- doozieDined on 7/11/2014All over good meal and great service. Very good guacamole. Had the Relleno and it was wonderful. Server overheard us talking that it was my husbands birthday and brought out a birthday dessert without us having to ask! Would definitely go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the PatioIrishrballDined on 7/5/2014We have had wonderful meals there in the past, so Cantina was my wife's choice for a birthday celebration (six of us). Their patio is a room with large windows facing out onto a courtyard at Polaris; the patio is a lovely setting on a warm summer evening, with the windows thrown open and shoppers walking through the courtyard as the sun sets. We enjoy sitting in the patio. Appetizers and main course were excellent -- they did run out of the seafood special that night -- and do try the deliciously warm apple pie dessert. Lots of gluten-free options (except the apple pie). A little on the pricey side, but a great place for special occasions. We had a great evening.Special Features:
- Good Quality Mexican FoodironmakingDined on 7/3/2014Very good quality with excellent service. Prices are a little steep for what you get but the variety and taste were very good.Special Features:
- overall good, not great for priceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014Shocked that the table side guacamole was not better :-( Slow to get our first drinks. Told our server and the manager that our guest of honor (birthday girl) was gluten free. It was nice of them to bring out a free dessert, but they did not bring the gluten free item. Details matter.Special Features:
- Great date night dinnerhunkerdDined on 6/13/2014Food and margaritas were excellent! Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/8/2014We LOVE Cantina Laredo for dinner...........the food, service and atmosphere are very nice............however, our second experience for Sunday brunch left us empty. The food and service were sadly off.........to the point where our experience was just OK at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expect better for three priceFeyermanDined on 6/7/2014The food is fairly expensive. The signature margarita was so strong it was not drinkable. There was an event going on that took all available parking and almost all the staff. The event hasn't started and we waited 15 minutes to be able to place a drink order. I won't be back.Special Features:
- Very good food and serviceVegasBabyVIPDined on 6/5/2014I just had to give 'Mo' a good review here too. He has served us a couple of times now and I always enjoy his spirit and attitude. Always very friendly and accommodating. I hope you take good care of him. The food was fresh and excellent, too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LandingsgalLandingsgalDined on 6/4/2014We celebrated a birthday & very special news w 7 girlfriends!! We had a blast & food & service was top notch! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, mediocre food.ThefoodbanditsDined on 5/30/2014My wife and I decided to try cantina Laredo due to friend recommendations. We where able to make a reservation and as soon as we got there we where seated. The service was great, I would highly recommend the guacamole made table side, it was great. Unfortunately that is where our recommendations would end, both of our chicken enchiladas where over presented and lacked in flavor. 100% not worth the $13 and change that they where priced at. We will not be returning to this restaurant, which is a shame because of the great service and our love for Mexican food.
- Terrible night outdinner4twoDined on 5/24/2014when I asked for another table I was told that it was "reserved" only to see two other parties walk in later that evening and get those tables upon request. (Clearly not reserved) The good: They have great chips and salsa, truly delicious. Steak Laredo is a good choice here. The bad: Service was a miss here, drink sat empty most of the evening with our server MIA. My final and second glass of tea once received was poured from a pitcher of clearly old tea (tasted foul). Kids meals were overpriced (Son ordered Fajita nachos, received about 7 chips with some cheese and a few pieces of chicken, that was 9.00). Overall, there are far better dining options in the Columbus area with better service, better food, and a cheaper bill.
- Not as good as usualPattyVIPDined on 5/17/2014This is one of our regular favorites but we were disappointed with this visit. We made reservations through Open Table although when we arrived the restaurant was only about half full. They seated us at a table that backed up to a service area (servers would practically have to reach over us for supplies) and requested a different table since there were many to choose from. We had to request utensils and then small plates for our appetizer; a smaller than normal portion of ceviche. The meal felt rushed since our entrees arrived just after our appetizer. We come for the Enchiladas Camarones which are regrettably no longer on the menu and are grateful they are still available on request.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleYummyDined on 5/17/2014Restaurant dirty, bathrooms a mess, service horrible, food only ok and expensive for Mexican.
- great salsa...PeegieDined on 5/15/2014The food is always good, service is hit or miss. The dining room is quite large, and the décor is great. Expect noise and big crowds during happy hour times. The two salsas and chips at the table are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio dinnerMariposaCafeDined on 5/14/2014Another lovely dinner at Cantina Laredo. If the weather is warm enough we find the patio is the place to be if you want to do much talking. The acoustics make for a loud experience indoors which makes conversation a challenge if the restaurant is even a little busy, but we don't have that problem on the patio, especially when the windows are actually open a bit to the outside. Food was great. Good margaritas, especially the Cabo Flip. We have two vegans in the family and there are a several dishes vegan adaptable which they are happy to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFunfoodDined on 5/11/2014Good food good service good experience. Loved it.! .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the salsa it is amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014As much as I love this restaurant they did forget to bring are food for about 45 min BUT when we ask the manager he was very apologetic AND took care of our whole bill....will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchtwolfDined on 5/11/2014Great food... Chip/ Salsa, Queso, Table side quacomole was excellent! Fish Tacos, and Fajitas were super... Highly recommend this for more of an upscale Mexican place.Special Features:
- The following 278 reviews are from the Cantina Laredo - Columbus reviews archive.
- Good food but waaaaaaaaay too loudcornell1Dined on 5/5/2014The salsas that came with the appetizer chips were a little strange-tasting, but the entree food was great. I would definitely order take-out from Cantina Laredo. Our waiter was very attentive and even filled our order perfectly without writing anything down. My major complaint was the level of noise. My family and I were screaming at each other and we still struggled to hear. I'm 27 so I'm used to noisy bars and clubs (my parents are also hip and love an energetic restaurant), but this was beyond reasonable. I may return if I'm invited to an event with friends, but I'm sure my parents won't come back. The noise made the dining experience an uphill battle. This kind of noise only makes sense for a college bar, but this is a family place...Special Features:
- Cinco de Mayo DisasterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/5/201445 Minutes to get our first drink (most expensive margaritas on the menu), the food came out much quicker, the tableside guacamole was very bland, then 45 minutes to get 3 second drinks (which were the wrong drinks) and another 20 to get replacement drinks (which were also wrong.) Manager came and apologized and took second drinks off our check, but then it took us 20 minutes to get the check! Overall experience was unpleasant and stressful for me and my two guests visiting from Dallas.
- Guacamole HeavenDateWithKateDined on 5/4/2014If you want the freshest, finest, most fantastic, and fabulous guacamole - Cantina Laredo is the place to go! Although our entire dinner was out of this world, it is the guacamole that will bring us back- repeatedly!!!Special Features:
- Graduation CelebrationtbirdDined on 5/3/2014We dined at Cantina Laredo for my graduation festivities and the food and drinks were wonderful. We enjoyed the atmosphere and had fun using the chit-chat questions at the table to help the time pass. Our food took longer than expected, but management came out to apologize and took care of our problem immediately. The wait staff taking care of our table made sure we always had drinks along with chips and salsa. There was never a dull moment and I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- Saturday night with FriendsMommyKDined on 5/3/2014This was the first time coming here. Our friends said it was a good place. Our reservation was for 730, we got a table immediately. The food was good. Guacamole was amazing! Our service was awful. Our server came to our table maybe 5 times the whole night. Wasn't 100% impressed and probably wont be back.
- Slow servicepickypalateDined on 5/3/2014We were seated right away. A gentleman delivered chips and salsa right after we sat down and we munched on them while we looked at the menu. At least 10-15 minutes went by before we ever saw our server, and that was just to say she would be right with us. At this point I really needed some water from eating all the chips! I was disappointed that they didn't have any plain queso dip, but we ordered the one with taco meat and it was very good. I specially ordered my quesadilla "chicken and cheese only" but it came topped with tomatoes and lime sauce. I found that the menu really didn't' tell you everything that was in something. Overall the food was very good but due to the noise level and poor service, I don't think I will be back soon.
- Use the Best IngredientsBeccaVIPDined on 4/22/2014The chefs/cooks know what they!re doing, but the use of fresh and high quality ingredients make the dishes burst with flavor.
- Enjoyed our visit againVegasBabyVIPDined on 4/19/2014This has become our place for a special treat. The food is always consistent and good. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. Will continue to return and work our way down the menu :)Special Features: