Cantina Laredo - Columbus
8791 Lyra Drive
Columbus, OH 43240Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cantina Laredo - Columbus
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cantinalaredo.com/
- Phone: (614) 781-1139
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Leon DeLeon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cantina Laredo opens it's doors to parties as small as 10 and as large as 300. We also provide off-site catering for functions outside the restaurant.
- Private Party Facilities: Cantina Laredo boasts one of the most amazing private dining rooms in all of Columbus. Our private dining room features a wall of windows that disappears to be used as both an indoor and outdoor area, complete with heated outdoor tables and a fireplace inside. 32 people can comfortably dine and converse with a beautiful view of the Polaris Fashion Place promenade and fountains, with an additional 16 seats on the open-air patio. We also have a TV accessible for Power Point presentations and conferences.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Belcastro 6147811139
A word from Cantina Laredo - Columbus
Cantina Laredo serves gourmet Mexican food in a contemporary and refreshing atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cantina Laredo - Columbus reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)good for groups (20)special occasion (14)romantic (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food, not a great experienceKatieDined on 11/21/2014I went to Cantina Loredo for a girls night. Even with a reservation, we were seated in the back room, which was secluded from the fun, lively restaurant and very cold next to the patio. We asked to be moved, and the servers said they would turn the heat on. We had to ask several times for them to leave the heat on. The food and drinks were good, but we were not happy with the overall experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your typical Mexican restaurant.PaulVIPDined on 11/13/2014We first tried Cantina Laredo in Ft. Myers, FL. We were very happy to find one in Columbus. It is a fantastic high-end Mexican restaurant. Great food and service. Table-side guacamole to die for. The margaritas are the best. Can't ay enough positive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexican food in Columbus2bearsDined on 11/11/2014This is one of our favirile restaurants in Columbus. Great food and drinks are amazing. The Tequila dinners are fun to do with a group of friends or coworkers. The restaurant has very friendly staff and always smiling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/11/2014This is a great place for Mexican-type meals. It avoids the stereotypical Mexican "it's already cooked, we just mix up the sequence and throw it on a plate." No this restaurant individualizes.. You know each plate has had special attention. We have eaten here a few times and have enjoyed the food every time. I did think the noise level was high, rather than energetic but that's because I'm an old guy and like quieter places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overallMiriamDined on 11/7/2014For a Friday night dinner with friends (4) it was easy to find a spot at 4pm using your website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/1/2014Our waiter (Abraham) was excellent and the Sea Bass is by far the best in the City.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2travelDined on 10/29/2014Great upscale Mexican food. The private dining area with fireplace was very nice for our group. We have a business dinner there with people from 3 different countries and the service and food was wonderful. Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceSBETHOHVIPDined on 10/24/2014Went with a group of 8 for a dinner. Waiter missed 2/8 plates which made the dinner very awkward. No hustle or desire to make it right
- Upscale MexicanPartyOfFiveDined on 10/10/2014We went here looking for some good ceviche. We found it and a whole lot more. The brisket tacos were amazing!! The fish tacos were excellent, as well. Make sure you save room for dessert... The Mexican Apple pie is well worth cheating on your diet for. The service was pretty good. My biggest complaint is that they fill their drink glasses with a lot of ice, and the glasses are on the smaller side. That necessitated quite a few refills, which were not always as prompt as we needed them to be. But otherwise, it was a great find!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyLookinforPizzainChiVIPDined on 10/4/2014This is definitely more upscale that the typical Mexican restaurant. Everyone in our party enjoyed their food. The ambience in the room where we were left a bit to be desired. It was cold, and we were right next to a flat screen TV. I think TVs in the dining area leave a lot to be desired. I had mahi-mahi tacos. They were very good, but the plate was way too small and they were way too messy - so be warned. Overall it was a nice dinner.Special Features:
- GreatEating2014Dined on 10/4/2014Great food. Service by our waitress was superb. She knew. Everything about the menu and named some extra dishes.Special Features:
- Graduation DinnerMeg13Dined on 9/21/2014Perfect place to celebrate my Master's degree with friends and family. Food was fantastic as always. Highly recommended! Especially the Guacamole and Enchiladas Veracruz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/9/2014Usually we have a very good dining experience at Cantina Laredo, however, our visit for brunch was lacking in food quality. We are BIG fans of Cantina Laredo for dinner where the food, service and atmosphere are very good. It may have been an off day. Will try again for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gourmet MexicanBeepcVIPDined on 9/6/2014I've been looking for a good Mexican that didn't have cheap furniture and would be a better environment for a nice dinner and this place checked all the boxes! Our waitress - Messiva, was the sweetest and very very helpful. The food was amazing - as well as beautiful - and the coffee to finish the meal was superb. Great place!Special Features:
- Great margaritas and great food!Food4thoughtDined on 8/23/2014We have Mexican restaurants a lot closer to home but we think it's worth the drive!Special Features:
- GuacLBossDined on 8/19/2014There is a reason why haute cuisine and mexican food don't mix; simple is better. Having said that, the table side guacamole is NOT to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican foodNeighborDined on 8/15/2014Stand out for Mexican food far superior to many other local places.Special Features:
- Love LaradooutinpowellDined on 8/8/2014Absolutely wonderful experience every time we've gone. This is not your typical Mexican restaurant. This is upscale Mexican but not in a fussy, pretentious way. Food is fantastic. Wait staff is always great. I've had many meals here and have never been disappointed in the slightest.Special Features:
- KatebutlerslpDined on 8/7/2014Food was good. Had chicken soft tacos and they subbed zucchini for the usual rice and beans. Everybody enjoyed their food. The one drawback was that we were there for lunch and it was way too dark and loud for that time of day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/1/2014Three of our party had the Sea Bass and all were in agreement that was by far better than any other Sea Bass we have had in the Columbus area. Our waiter was Abraham and his service was excellent. We will be returning soon.Special Features:
- The following 304 reviews are from the Cantina Laredo - Columbus reviews archive.
- Mall Food Writ Largeruchel53Dined on 7/26/2014This is a cavernous restaurant attached to a mall. We went during restaurant week and while the waitress was remarkably attentive, given the large number of customers, the food was merely ok. There was a modified restaurant week menu and perhaps that accounts for the poor showing, but I would not return. The guacamole was a small portion, but tasty; the tortilla chips greasy and crisp - very delicious. However, the mahi mahi tortillas were nothing but two strips of long frozen fish accompanied by rice and beans. The desserts we tried, the flan and brownie w ice cream, were, except for the tablespoon of ice cream, inedible. Save your money. If you want fast food Mexican, drive through Taco Bell.Special Features:
- 2014 Restaurant WeekLisa3567Dined on 7/25/2014We are lucky in that our anniversary is usually during restaurant Week here in Columbus. This year we decided to go to Cantina Laredo. I had always wanted to go & the price was right. We were seated on in the all-seasons room which was perfect since the weather was cooler & there was a nice breeze. The food was great. The service was a bit slow, but they were very busy due to the specials. I, of course, had to order something off the normal menu instead of the $15 for 3 courses special. I am a sucker for Rellenos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week DisappointedNiceVIPDined on 7/25/2014I normally love my experience and service at Catina Laredo but not this time. I felt like they lost the piazza of service and food quality for the restaurant week menu. My waitress wasn't as attentive as normal. We couldn't even get our water refilled after we placed all the glasses on the edge for ten minutes. The food was very very small in portion compared to the regular menu unlike most places during this week. I literally received 1 1/2 tablespoon of guacamole, 1/4 of the normal brownie size; the ice cream scoop was twice the size of the sliver of brownie underneath. The second course wasn't presented they way it was described on the menu. I left hungry and that has never happened before, such a shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a groupBdubDined on 7/25/2014Met the friendly owner on arrival - had excellent service - great food (get the guacamole!) - awesome dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekjazzyfay33Dined on 7/24/2014We really enjoyed the whole experience . The bonus was it was ladies night so I had a mango margarita. Server was great, food was excellent and atmosphere of the restaurant was fancy but comfy. We will goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricecatlover18Dined on 7/22/2014Went during restaurant week and paid $15 for a tiny appetizer, and entree, and a desert. The food was good, but not spectacular. The regular menu seemed pricey for food that didn't match in quality. I could get food equally as good for less money somewhere else. And I can make better guac! Also we made a reservation and after checking in we were forgotten for 15 minutes until we said something, after being told they were just checking to make sure the table was ready. Drinks not refilled promptly. The salsas and the mexican brownie were really good, but other than that I wouldn't go back and pay full price.Special Features:
- Delicious CuisineLynnDined on 7/21/2014We dined at this restaurant for lunch. It was overall a very good dining experience. The food was good and the service was very good. In particular, our waiter was very attentive. Our entrees, mahi mahi tacos and chicken enchiladas were great! For dessert, we had the brownie with ice cream and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio Seating Okay But...UnhappyVeganDined on 7/11/2014The only place to be seated in this mexican restaurant is on the Patio -- in other areas the noise is overwhelming. The owners advertise this as 'gourmet mexican' food. Read that as over-priced mexican food. The surroundings are premium, but the food is average. We've visited this restaurant twice -- the first time the service was horribly slow. This last time the service was exceptional from Abraham -- and being seated on the Patio was pleasant. I picked the restaurant because Open Table's search engine showed it as a Vegan-friendly place. However, only one item on the menu was even Vegetarian - I had to insist on no cheese or sour cream. If you want equal food at half the price, go to El Vaquero. The food is as good and cheaper.Special Features:
- doozieDined on 7/11/2014All over good meal and great service. Very good guacamole. Had the Relleno and it was wonderful. Server overheard us talking that it was my husbands birthday and brought out a birthday dessert without us having to ask! Would definitely go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the PatioIrishrballDined on 7/5/2014We have had wonderful meals there in the past, so Cantina was my wife's choice for a birthday celebration (six of us). Their patio is a room with large windows facing out onto a courtyard at Polaris; the patio is a lovely setting on a warm summer evening, with the windows thrown open and shoppers walking through the courtyard as the sun sets. We enjoy sitting in the patio. Appetizers and main course were excellent -- they did run out of the seafood special that night -- and do try the deliciously warm apple pie dessert. Lots of gluten-free options (except the apple pie). A little on the pricey side, but a great place for special occasions. We had a great evening.Special Features:
- Good Quality Mexican FoodironmakingDined on 7/3/2014Very good quality with excellent service. Prices are a little steep for what you get but the variety and taste were very good.Special Features:
- overall good, not great for priceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014Shocked that the table side guacamole was not better :-( Slow to get our first drinks. Told our server and the manager that our guest of honor (birthday girl) was gluten free. It was nice of them to bring out a free dessert, but they did not bring the gluten free item. Details matter.Special Features:
- Great date night dinnerhunkerdDined on 6/13/2014Food and margaritas were excellent! Great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/8/2014We LOVE Cantina Laredo for dinner...........the food, service and atmosphere are very nice............however, our second experience for Sunday brunch left us empty. The food and service were sadly off.........to the point where our experience was just OK at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expect better for three priceFeyermanDined on 6/7/2014The food is fairly expensive. The signature margarita was so strong it was not drinkable. There was an event going on that took all available parking and almost all the staff. The event hasn't started and we waited 15 minutes to be able to place a drink order. I won't be back.Special Features:
- Very good food and serviceVegasBabyVIPDined on 6/5/2014I just had to give 'Mo' a good review here too. He has served us a couple of times now and I always enjoy his spirit and attitude. Always very friendly and accommodating. I hope you take good care of him. The food was fresh and excellent, too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LandingsgalLandingsgalDined on 6/4/2014We celebrated a birthday & very special news w 7 girlfriends!! We had a blast & food & service was top notch! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, mediocre food.ThefoodbanditsDined on 5/30/2014My wife and I decided to try cantina Laredo due to friend recommendations. We where able to make a reservation and as soon as we got there we where seated. The service was great, I would highly recommend the guacamole made table side, it was great. Unfortunately that is where our recommendations would end, both of our chicken enchiladas where over presented and lacked in flavor. 100% not worth the $13 and change that they where priced at. We will not be returning to this restaurant, which is a shame because of the great service and our love for Mexican food.
- Terrible night outdinner4twoDined on 5/24/2014when I asked for another table I was told that it was "reserved" only to see two other parties walk in later that evening and get those tables upon request. (Clearly not reserved) The good: They have great chips and salsa, truly delicious. Steak Laredo is a good choice here. The bad: Service was a miss here, drink sat empty most of the evening with our server MIA. My final and second glass of tea once received was poured from a pitcher of clearly old tea (tasted foul). Kids meals were overpriced (Son ordered Fajita nachos, received about 7 chips with some cheese and a few pieces of chicken, that was 9.00). Overall, there are far better dining options in the Columbus area with better service, better food, and a cheaper bill.
- Not as good as usualPattyVIPDined on 5/17/2014This is one of our regular favorites but we were disappointed with this visit. We made reservations through Open Table although when we arrived the restaurant was only about half full. They seated us at a table that backed up to a service area (servers would practically have to reach over us for supplies) and requested a different table since there were many to choose from. We had to request utensils and then small plates for our appetizer; a smaller than normal portion of ceviche. The meal felt rushed since our entrees arrived just after our appetizer. We come for the Enchiladas Camarones which are regrettably no longer on the menu and are grateful they are still available on request.I would recommend this to a friend.