Cantina Laredo - Chicago
508 N. State St.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cantina Laredo - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinalaredo.com/
- Phone: (312) 955-0014
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Sunday-Wednesday 11:30 am - 10:00 pm Thursday-Saturday 11:30 am - 11:00 pm Upstairs Lounge & Tapas Sunday-Friday 3:00 pm - Late Saturday 12:00 pm - Late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Cantina Laredo - Chicago
Cantina Laredo serves authentic Mexican dishes in a sophisticated atmosphere. We offer daily fish specials, grilled chicken and steaks complimented by signature sauces such as chipotle-wine with portobello mushrooms or sauteéd artichoke hearts and roasted red bell peppers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Cantina Laredo - Chicago - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Cantina Laredo - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
239 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (141)hot spot (70)fit for foodies (68)vibrant bar scene (60)special occasion (57)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (39)great for lunch (38)late-night find (27)kid-friendly (18)great for outdoor dining (17)great for brunch (17)scenic view (13)notable wine list (4)Show More
- CantinaNicoleVIPDined on 11/22/2014I enjoyed my dinner and cocktails. I felt my service was Fair and could have been better. My waiter was not friendly and appeared to have a slight "chip on the shoulder" for whatever reason. Overrall, everything was great with the exception of the behavior from my waiter. I did not feel valued as a customer, but another number.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything here is awesome.Ad26Dined on 11/22/2014Food is very good, drinks are delicious and quite strong. Service is friendly and fast. Great atmosphere and an awesome restaurant for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Environment, Service not so much...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2014Food was great but everything came rushed. Both the waiter and the rate everything arrived from the kitchen made us feel as though they needed the table and we were being pushed out. Waiter was short and not attentive. Food was great and so was the environment . Would give it a second chance for those reasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cantina LaredaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2014Our group of 10 was seated in a private room with a great view of the restaurant. The room was glass enclosed so we were still part of the restaurant scene without the noise. The table side made guacamole was outstanding. All of our dinners were great and the drink choices were unique and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOODErnieDined on 11/15/2014The food and drinks were good!! The portions are copious and the chips and salsa will fill you up! I will definitely go back for round 2. Friendly staff and a see and be scene type of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usualfoodie4lifeVIPDined on 11/11/2014This was not our first time dining at Cantina Laredo and certainly won't be our last. We always have a wonderful time here. Great food, great service and the price is spot on. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st impression...SweetSassyDined on 11/8/2014Good thing this was my second visit. The food was better than I anticpated. The homemade tamalies were amazing however the rice was just basic. The guacamole was made table size and really delicious! Our server on the other hand was the pits. He rarely checked on us and I had to get up and get my own saucers! He never introduced himself although his name tag was visable and he messed up our bill 3 times despite simple instructions of applying cash and splitting the remaining balance. Service is a big deal breaker for me. I wont say that I will never go back but he wil never be my server again. This issue was not reported to management in fear that our food might be tampered with. Minus the server the restaurant was beyond amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale mexicanrlernVIPDined on 11/8/2014it's a huge, modern place....doesn't look anything like a Mexican restaurant. it's not that the food wasn't good....it was small portions at high prices. we prefer more traditional Mexican at more reasonable prices.Special Features:
- great food & serviceGingerDined on 11/6/2014the drinks were really great too! the Mojitos are awesomeSpecial Features:
- Excellent MexicanbearcatderekDined on 11/5/2014upscale, but not uptight. Casual, comfortable, open atmosphere. Terrific menu. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TJ2014Dined on 11/5/2014The food was good and a nice touch was them making the homemade quacamole on a cart right at your table. There is a gas fireplace that adds to the ambiance.Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprisedbrip20Dined on 11/3/2014Took a stab as we were staying across the street. Food was fantastic, wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Would definitely return on my next trip to Chicago.Special Features:
- Good food, good service.NA11VIPDined on 11/1/2014Good food, good service. Good food, good service. Good food, good service. Good food, good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Have eaten in the London restaurant and enjoyed it I was bitterly disappointed here - not mexican food rather Tex-Mex smothered in Monterey Jack cheeseSpecial Features:
- Nice date night placeDenverDaveVIPDined on 11/1/2014I've been here several times and it's always pleasant. Guacamole appetizer and their margaritas are both notable.Special Features:
- Very happyBirthdaygirlDined on 11/1/2014I'm so glad I picked this restaurant for my 50th birthday dinner. The service was great from the minute I walked in. The food and drinks was awesome. The ambiance was great.Thank you Cantina Loaredo for the memories. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, service, and volumeXavier1973Dined on 10/25/2014We ate here on a Saturday night around 8 PM. The service was great, the food much much better than expected, margaritas exceptional, but the one drawback was the level of noise. Open Table only allows you to choose "energetic" but they should really call it what it is ... noisy. It was difficult for us to hear one another from across the table, and that sums up my only complaint. Otherwise I'd give Cantina Laredo the highest marks possible. We will absolutely return in the future, but may choose a different night when the noise level will hopefully be lower.Special Features:
- Hip and Modern but Too Loudmrskomplex10Dined on 10/25/2014The food was very good. Tableside guacamole was really fresh and tasty. I ordered the Fajitas Tres. The steak was so delicious! The bacon wrapped shrimp was too salty and the chicken was tender and moist. Next time I still just order the steak fajitas. The drinks were just okay. Prices were reasonable and the service was very attentive. Great place but it was so loud it was hard to enjoy our conversation. We went on a Saturday evening at 7 so maybe it would have been less noisy another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice waiterJesusDined on 10/25/2014Best part of my dinning was the waiter. Jesus was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere, good foodHappyDinerDined on 10/23/2014I first went to Cantina Laredo in Las Vegas a year or two ago and was happy to find that they opened in Chicago too. The food is good and the atmosphere is very comfortable - upscale but casual and inviting. It's one of our favorite spots in the neighborhood to grab a late night Mexican dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outChicagoRes8yearsVIPDined on 10/18/2014This was my fourth trip to Cantina Laredo and as always, it did not disappoint. It's the perfect dining spot before a night out in Chicago. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great Mexican FoodPhrjeffVIPDined on 10/17/2014The food was excellent, the short rib tacos were outstanding and others that dined with us were please with their meals as well. I found out later one guy had fish that was dry and his rice undercooked but since he didn't bring it up to the waiter I guess it's his loss. We will definitely return.
- SLOW SERVICEcoffeeloversVIPDined on 10/16/2014We dined on a Thursday night And the restaurant was packed. The waitress was slow and not very friendly. She told us the coffee pot was broken because it has been used so much that evening (excuse me? Isn't that the purpose of industrial coffee makers?) anyway, Two minutes later we see another waiter deliver what looked like coffee cups to a table near us. We will never know what was in those cups but I certainly didn't see any teabags...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SpotvedheadDined on 10/14/2014Nice little spot, great food, service was a bit slow and server was distracted/busy with other tables, but overall a great dinner experience. Definitely go visit Cantina Laredo if you're a foodie. Their brownie dessert was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad bad bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2014I have ate in so many resturants in chicago, we come from 4 hours away for dates to chicago all the time, and by far this was the worst restaurant we have ever been in. The hostesses when we walked in were terrible...no smile no welcoming. We sat 15 min..no water no server, no chips no nothing. there were only a few people in the resturant too. Not crowded not busy. 10 other servers standing around just standing there doing nothing. I had to stand up and get someone to come help us! No drinks no one came by to say they would be with us. Nothing. It was terrible. we should have talked to the manager and demanded our money back. We ordered drinks...straw daq. and they were really really bad. we deserve a refund!Special Features:
- Well, it's a chain.NameVIPDined on 10/12/2014Great/good Mexican food should be big on flavor (but not here), and of course, I could have ordered the wrong thing. Chips (OK) and salsa (not hot or spicy) were OK. The ceviche salad looked great on the plate, but had rubbery shrimp and bits of some other vague seafood. I had standard, non-inventive food for the entrée: chicken and beef tacos you can find in Anytown, US. So, maybe that's why I missed the unique flavors. I ordered corn tortillas and they came with flour tortillas. They got it right the second time, but both the dry chicken and beef were flavorless and under-seasoned. Service was spotty as the wait-person disappeared for long periods of time. Huge, loud place with a big bar; designed for a younger demographic.
- NosamEatingAgainDined on 10/10/2014Dinner was great, had the special of the night. Second time there and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOregonmomDined on 10/9/2014Table was perfect for group of 5, service was very good - attentive, knowledgable; food was very flavorful. Table side guac and salsas were wonderful. Our group was international and they all raved about the evening! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A-mazing!mizlaraVIPDined on 10/9/2014I have been walking past this place every day for a few years now. I'm so glad that I finally stepped inside. It's a cool, open concept of a place with a nice-sized bar downstairs. The wine list was substantial, the homemade salsas were delicious, and our dinners were spot-on. I can't wait to come back to try something else! Huge fan!Special Features:
- Good foodIshanDined on 10/6/2014A really nice place with really good food. Loved their desserts(Flan is to die for) and drinks. The service was kinda slow. But enjoyed everything else. Will definitely give it another chance.Special Features:
- FuntimeDined on 10/5/2014Hostess did not record our open table reservation & I had to correct. We were seated behind the hostess desk in a booth. When I complained she just rolled her eyes & walked away. Food and service from our waiter were great. Hostess need some training on how to please guests.
- They take care..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Actually the food was not so good, but service was excellent and they take care about the table and make u relax.Special Features:
- Great timeCheshireVIPDined on 10/4/2014Food was excellent, service was good and prices were reasonable. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Euphoric Experiencencook78Dined on 10/4/2014I reserved Saturday for my birthday with a friend. The experience from the beginning to end was superb. The atmosphere, the food & Mojito, the desert, and the server were absolutely wonderful. To boot it was the best authentic Mexican cuisine I have tasted! A wonderful experience, can't wait to eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!LouGDined on 10/4/2014The food is excellent. Great selection, fresh ingredients, good service, nice decor. The food is a good or better than many of the other more expensive Mexican restaurants in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outoftownerDined on 10/1/2014We had a late fast lunch mid week mid afternoon and the restaurant was not crowded. The service was very good. The waiter was very knowledgeable, informative and attentive. The food was very good. We were served quickly and were on our way. I will go back and referr it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreaT environmentDisappointedVIPDined on 9/30/2014This is a great place to eat after work. They have great guacamole! The service is fast and to a great place to talk and catch up. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Friends, Fantastic!DawnDined on 9/27/2014Your restaurant was very accommodating to our group of 20 gals from Michigan on a weekend getaway trip! The reservation process was great! They even called to confirm with us. The food was phenomenal, the atmosphere was great and the service was splendid! Thanks for helping to make our weekend getaway so very special! Can't wait to do it again! DawnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KellyVIPDined on 9/25/2014A must when visiting a Chicago! The Enchiladas Veracruz is the best item on the menu! Can't beat the margaritas or the service at this restaurant. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doesnt disappointdeliciousVIPDined on 9/24/2014been here before. came back to celebrate my birthday. service and food was consistantSpecial Features: