Cantina Laredo - Chicago
508 N. State St.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cantina Laredo - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinalaredo.com/
- Phone: 3129550014
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Sunday-Wednesday 11:30 am - 10:00 pm Thursday-Saturday 11:30 am - 11:00 pm Upstairs Lounge & Tapas Sunday-Friday 3:00 pm - Late Saturday 12:00 pm - Late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Cantina Laredo - Chicago
Cantina Laredo serves authentic Mexican dishes in a sophisticated atmosphere. We offer daily fish specials, grilled chicken and steaks complimented by signature sauces such as chipotle-wine with portobello mushrooms or sauteéd artichoke hearts and roasted red bell peppers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Cantina Laredo - Chicago - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Cantina Laredo - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
267 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (133)hot spot (84)vibrant bar scene (68)fit for foodies (67)special occasion (63)great for lunch (59)neighborhood gem (52)great for outdoor dining (36)late-night find (32)romantic (29)kid-friendly (27)great for brunch (25)scenic view (18)Show More
- Another awesome brunch!EricDined on 9/13/2014The food is great, the atmosphere is awesome, the wait staff is amazing.Special Features:
- A Pleasant SurpriseBobbyPVIPDined on 9/12/2014Cantina was a pleasnat change in menu selections from the standard fare Mexican restuarants. A broad selection of main courses and appetizers. Our waiter was not shy to make recommendations and did not rush us thru the meal. The table and chairs were also ezxtremely comfortable an often overlooked feature to a pleasant meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better and betterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/12/2014Have been to this neighborhood gem numerous times and it simply gets better and better. The ambiance is fantastic, the food is outstanding and the service is great. Prices are reasonable and I and the people I am with always have a great time.Special Features:
- Yum!MissDaniDined on 9/8/2014Really enjoyed our meal. I like how the bar and the restaurant seating are right next to each other yet they didn't interfere with each other. It was Monday night football and you would never know it sitting in the restaurant. Food was delicious, wine list was deep and tasty. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Luv2 partyLuv2partyDined on 9/8/2014Very good restaurant One of my favourites Would go back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but loud place with good foodBoozeGuyDined on 9/6/2014Cantina Laredo is a huge space with a bar in the middle and a second floor to accommodate even more people. The guacamole was very good. We also had fajitas and enchiladas which were all prepared well and arrived hot and delicious. The drink list is a little "rita" focused with many different versions of a margarita, a few mojitos, and sangrias. My main memory of this restaurant was the noise level. Our table of 3 was barely able to hear ourselves over the Saturday night cacophony and the place wasn't even totally full. Some noise buffering structures in the ceiling would go a long way towards making the whole place more enjoyable. Overall, delicious food and drinks but don't expect good conversation other than "HOW'S YOUR FAJITA?"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday NightEattingOutDined on 9/6/2014Have been here several times and it is a favorite. For whtever the reason everything was a bit off this visit. On th plus side the guac was good but difficult to eat with the chips. Service was adequate. However, the Margarita's seemed waterdowned and not very good. The beef on the fagitas was very fatty, tough and not very flavorful. Will have to think twice about returning anytime soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mexican FoodFloridaGalDined on 9/6/2014I never thought I'd find the best Mexican food I've ever had in the heart of Chicago. The food was even better than the local fare I've had in Mexico, definitely a must stop on my next trip to the windy city.Special Features:
- LoudChieaterVIPDined on 9/5/2014It was very, very loud. We were at a four top and the waiter had to do the specials once for each side of huge table. When he took the order, he had to lean in close to hear each person. We had to talk at elevated levels to hear each other. Just too loud for me. Also, one of dour party was an accommodating vegan and the menu was not ver accommodating. The staff and kitchen were not well versed in the ingredients of their dishes and would not make substitutions until we pressed all the way to management. Even then, they messed up the dishes by adding cheese.Special Features:
- Awesome dinnerParttimerDined on 9/3/2014Everything about the place was excellent. It's a must place to dine at.Special Features:
- Average Mexican food at High PricesukdinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014We went for my husband's birthday and were very disappointed. All of our food was cold and his beef fajitas were so chewy that he couldn't eat them. The children's menu only had sodas as the included beverage and we had to pay extra for milk. The server was very sweet and brought a manager over to discuss our concerns however, she was completely uninterested and did nothing to address our issues. For this amount of money, the food should have been stellar - save your money and go somewhere else!Special Features:
- Great for everyone!MShizzleDined on 8/29/2014Lots of options for different food restrictions. You can have your celiacs, vegetarians, folks watching salt intake, etc all at the same table! The energy and ambiance of your meal totally depends on where you're seated. There are a couple of romantic nooks, but the majority is meant for big group dinners. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok not amazingPoppyDined on 8/28/2014We had great margaritas. The food was good. The meat in my beef/steak tacos was quite chewy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomejennyhDined on 8/28/2014Great food, awesome ambiance.....pineapple Margarita was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Upscale MexicanLuv2dineDined on 8/23/2014Great Mexican fare with an upscale vibe to it! Margaritas were the BOMB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun placebdayDined on 8/20/2014We had a fun time at Cantina Laredo. I think we'll make it a place to stop in for drinks and snacks. The ambiance is vibrant and fresh. The drinks appetizers and desserts were excellent...some main dishes were just ok (veggie taco and pork taco were similar to other places and ok; barbacoa tacos were excellent). Maybe fewer options would allow all dinner plates to be outstanding?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to meet visiting guestsalexDined on 8/16/2014Been to Cantinia Laredo twice when meeting out of town guests. It has been easy to get a reservation, good food and service, and convenient location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KellyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Another wonderful meal!!!! Food is fresh and well prepared. Service cannot be beat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Everything was fine except the noise level. This group of people were literally screaming.Special Features:
- Nice decor, good drinksALF1Dined on 8/13/2014Nice decor, good drinks. Don't order the fish tacos.Special Features:
- What a disappointment!BillyKlubDined on 8/11/2014Have been here several times a couple years ago and was always great........ This past visit was terrible. Service was poor and amateurish. Bus person were playing games and obnoxious in behavior. Never will go again!
- Great ExperienceBPMMillerDined on 8/9/2014I loved the atmosphere! Food was fantastic! The waiter forgot a couple of our orders. Besides that it was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the visit but.......WolfgangDined on 8/8/2014We've been here many times when visiting the city and love the food. When it's busy, the noise level is terrible. Not as good of a trip this time. Server spilled an entire margarita on my wife and she wasn't offered anything. Could have complained but we were on our way to a concert and short on time. May think twice about coming back next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014My mom and I were not impressed with the food or the service at Cantina Laredo. The food was very bland. We ordered the made to order guacamole, but there was still not taste to it. I didn't think it was possible to ruin guacamole, but there was way too much lime juice and the tasted seemed watered down in someway. I had the fish taco, which was a house special, but I have definitely had better options elsewhere. The only thing I would go back for is the drinks. The Ginger Mango Rita was delicious!Special Features:
- 4th Time... always good.CharlieDined on 8/2/2014I am in Chicago at least 10 times a year and this spot makes a great cocktail, outstanding food and reasonably priced. You can go wait in line to get into the cramped and trendy Frontera Grill down the street, but Laredo has equally good food, at a better price. Fun place.Special Features:
- great food!dinerDined on 8/1/2014We love the food, and the atmosphere is happening. Love the outdoor fire feature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- modern vibe and great foodKateDined on 8/1/2014Cantina Laredo had amazing food, from the guac to the tacos, we were very impressed! Also great margaritas and a fun modern vibe to the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Food very disappointing this time.BPragmaticDined on 8/1/2014Guacamole, which in the past had been outstanding, was tasteless, except for the heat from too hot jalapeno bits in it. My guest asked for it to be made mild, but even though there wasn't a lot of jalapeno in it, even one tiny piece made my tongue burn for a long time after. and I like hot! My Chicken enchiliada with mole was tasty, but sauce on top had been there long enough to soak in, and there was no sauce under it, making it way too dry. My Patron Silver Margarita too sweet and very limey. Couldn't tell there was any tequila in it. My guest asked for her steak to be medium rare, but was medium to well-done.
- Don't Waste Your MoneymamasarsDined on 8/1/2014We were very disappointed in the restaurant. Mostly it was the service, but the food was just adequate. We ordered a margarita and chips and guacamole. We gave the waiter our dinner order but told him we wanted to relax and to please not put the order in right away. We had not even finished our guacamole or our first drink and the dinner plates arrived. We were in and out of there in less than 45 minutes. Not the relaxing dinner we had expected. When I told him our dinner came too early he said well Mexican food doesn't take that long to make. Not only did the waiter lose out on a larger tip, the restaurant lost out on us ordering additional drinks and dessert. If I wanted fast food I would have gone to Taco Bell or Chipolte.
- Fun Mexican PlaceECVHDined on 7/31/2014I love when restaurants honor reservatiom times! Our table was ready upon our arrival and we were promptly seated despite having only 3 of 4 in our party. Will come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect weekend night ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Great for pregame and light food before going out on a weekend night. Margaritas are good. And the music gets you in the mood for a enjoyable night aheadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This time I was disappointedmaybenexttimeDined on 7/26/2014I have been to Cantina Laredo a couple times before and usually had a great experience. This time....not so much. I found the margarita to be pretty poor quality and I thought the guacamole was lacking taste. My main entrée was just ok. I think it's a great place, maybe just off on Saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Great food, excellent service and wonderful atmosphere. Have been here many times and am never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muy BuenoSarahJDined on 7/25/2014The food is delicious and comes out quickly. We had the fresh made guacamole (so fresh and tasty) appy ahi tuna tacos, tacos de carnitas (the best!) and tacos de castillos. Everything tasted amazing! The margaritas are tasty and go down way to easy. Warm, social environment, but good for date nights as well.Special Features:
- Great restaurantHalMVIPDined on 7/21/2014We were in town and with my college age kids. They had a great time. We love margaritas and street tacos. Both were great. Service was excellent. We would recommend to anyone whether they were with adults or familiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food and Average service.ChitownnewbyDined on 7/20/2014We had the chicken and steak Fajitas, which was good, but nothing spectacular. We did not do the table side Guacamole because neither of us can stand avacados, so I cannot speak to that. The restaurant is very modern and sleek and has a chic vibe to it, so I dont really recommend it as a family restaurant, but for singles on a date, or out for lunch it is more than adequate. In the end, decent food but the service was less than spectacular.Special Features:
- LoudSuarulesDined on 7/19/2014I have been to the Cantina Laredo in Branson, MO on many occasions and like that one better. The times I have been to the Chicago location it is very noisy and hard to carry on a conversation with those in your party.
- Great Place to EatAmazingDined on 7/19/2014I just love this restaurant. Amazing food, great service. I would recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankDined on 7/19/2014Great place! Great food! We are looking forward to our next visit.
- Great timeLove2eatDined on 7/19/2014My in laws were in town for the night and they don't come to the city often. We wanted to take them to one of our favorite places to eat. We took them to Cantina Laredo and they weren't disappointed. The food was excellent and our server, Tony was awesome! The entire dinner went perfect and no one left hungry. Never unhappy when we leave this place and that's why we love it so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.