Cantina Laredo - Austin
201 W 3rd Street
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cantina Laredo - Austin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinalaredo.com/
- Phone: (512) 542-9670
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00pm - 3:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Chef Ruben Lozano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Catering Department has an unyielding commitment to superior quality and detail. Your Satisfaction is our ultimate goal. Call or email us now to make us a part of your next celebration!
A word from Cantina Laredo - Austin
Cantina Laredo serves authentic Mexican dishes in a sophisticated atmosphere. We offer daily fish specials, grilled chicken and steaks complimented by signature sauces such as chipotle-wine with portobello mushrooms or sauteed artichoke hearts and roasted red bell peppers. Follow on Twitter Become a fan on FacebookContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cantina Laredo - Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)great for lunch (8)special occasion (5)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (3)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Cantina LaredoAustinDined on 11/11/2014Excellent service and food was good. Perfect place before a concert at Moody.Special Features:
- RushedBuddyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Service was way too fast even after asking the server to slow down. Entree was delivered in the middle of the soup course. Kept trying to fill our water glasses after telling him no twice. Will never go back.
- JUST HOW I REMEMBER ITMEXIPERTDined on 10/25/2014HAVE NOT BEEN IN YEARS SINCE I WE USED TO GO HERE BUT IN BRANSON, MO ALL THE TIME AND IT WAS JUST AS GOOD AS I REMEMBER!Special Features:
- Food was goodmarikoinatxDined on 10/17/2014Nothing special but the food was good. Service was not great, seemed like they wanted us out even though it wasn't busy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- complete package!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Everything about this place was outstanding. The food was very good and the atmosphere was perfect for our date. I must say our server Brian did an excellent job, made sure everything was exactly to our liking and if it wasnt he fixed it right away. Ive read different reviews about the service and maybe we went at the perfect time but ive already recommended this place to a few people. Will def go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 59 reviews are from the Cantina Laredo - Austin reviews archive.
- Gone down hillcupcakesnlattesVIPDined on 6/28/2014When we lived in Austin we lived this place. Food and drinks were always good. Came in town for the weekend and decided to have dinner and it was terrible! We loved this place in the past bc of the higher quality food. I was so surprised how the quality had gone down. I would of had a better meal at el arroyo for half the price. We went because we loved the upscale level of food in the past and its not upscale anymore. My passion fruit margarita came w/melted ice and was watered down and had a crabcake that was a size of a quarter and all i tasted was the heavily breaded and oily crust. The empanadas were very greasy and all cheese barely any chicken. It was the most disgusting plate of food i have ever had. Rice was dry & hard. Gross!!
- Overpriced and small portionssarahatxDined on 6/16/2014I was disappointed with my first trip to Cantina Laredo. My first impression when I walked in to this 3rd street restaurant was that the decor reminded me of a hotel restaurant - very bland and no charm or character. There were several groups there for lunch. Both salsas had a smokey chipotley taste that I am not a fan of, and the queso was just ok. I ordered the spinach enchiladas, although it would be more accurate to say enchilada, singular. One arrived, for the price of at least two at other places. The verde sauce was incredibly salty and didn't taste fresh in the least. Very disappointed and will not return.
- Not recommendedLongonaustinDined on 5/3/2014Second time to have dinner here. Food quality does not match prices. There are a lot better Mexican food places in Austin.
- Large party after a conferenceMeghanDined on 4/25/2014We went to Cantina Laredo for a party of 10 after a conference workshop and had a very good experience--good service, enjoyable food and drinks, and overall a very pleasant venue where we could hold a good conversation. Thanks.Special Features:
- Not great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014There are too many GOOD Mexican restaurants in Austin to waste your time at this one. P.S. Don't order the Ceviche--it's rubber.
- All goodalliVIPDined on 4/12/2014Had reservations for four and were seated right away. The menu had lots of excellent choices. Not just typical greasy Tex Mex. House margarita was good and the queso was delicious. Tacos al Carbon and Enchilada Veracruz were really tasty. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Large portionsTimDDined on 3/10/2014This made me miss Texas and their large portions. The prices were more than reasonable and the service was great. The Monterey Jack fajitas were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, not great, better optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2014Food was ok, not great. There really wasn't anything to dislike or to get excited about. The service was pretty slow as the kitchen struggled to keep up with the service. One of our deserts (Mexican apple pie) arrived with the ice cream warm and the pie cold so much so that the server thought it best not to even serve it. Good choice probably but we didn't have time for a redo so no desert for me. Our waiter was ok but spent a decent amount of time trying to flirt with one of the members of our party which made him less attentive to the rest of the table's needs. Four of us had dinner and no one left thinking we'd go back anytime soon given the other choices in Austin for this category of food and atmosphere. Your mileage may vary.Special Features:
- Bachelorette BruhahatxrowsDined on 2/21/2014Amazing food. Fun atmosphere. Great service...very patient with 8 ladies and a man who were excited to start the night off right with some Cantina Laredo margheritas. We took a long time to order the food, but didn't feel pressured. Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!AnonymousDined on 2/14/2014Took the SO out for Valentine's; it was great here! The staff was wonderful and professional, and the food was delicious! As a college student, I would recommend this place as having great food for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really liked itHillaryDined on 2/13/2014We liked this restaurant a lot. It was a group of 10 people. The service was great, and everyone seemed to enjoy what they ordered. We all shared one of each of the desserts, which were great. Much better Mexican food than a chain restaurant, to be sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably won't be backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2014It was really hard to get attention from servers. Food was good but everything took too long
- table for 5jaydhVIPDined on 12/29/2013Food was great. Server was outstanding. Had 6 month old baby that did not feel good and they accommodated any and all needs. Out other two children and my wife and I did not have a need that was left wanting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but goodJCarp42Dined on 12/24/2013Experienced Cantina Laredo for dinner after church on Christmas Eve. They were about 1/2 full but really struggling to keep up with orders. Waitress did not take our drink order until about 5-7 minutes in, and after 10 more minutes, they let us know they were out of Moscato. Food ordered and arrived timely, but refills on drinks and chips only occurred after dinner arrived. Fish Tacos, enchiladas and Fajitas Tres were our entrees. The fajitas were terrific, but Fish Tacos too spicey. Enchiladas were fantastic. We also ordered dessert which was the highlight of the meal as the Mexican Apple Pie and Mango Tres Leches was wonderful! $130 bill for 4. Good meal, but service was average at best, and definitely over-priced.Special Features:
- A delightful findFoodaholicVIPDined on 12/23/2013We enjoyed a delicious meal of tacos (al carbon), enchiladas, queso compuesto and of course their signature guacamole, made tableside. All we delicious, and enjoyed by everyone in our group. And lest we forget, the wide selection of margaritas and other craft beverages were a perfect accompaniment to a wonderful evening in Downtown Austin.Special Features:
- Pre-Concert BiteHornFrogGrad80Dined on 11/30/2013We gathered for a pre-concert meal on a Saturday evening, early around 5:00, with reservations. Six in our group, a very nice table ready in the center of a room with fresh chips to be devoured upon being seated. The service was nicely paced, and glasses didn't go unfilled for long. Dessert was offered and appeared to be delicious. The Cantina dining room provided a great background for friends to catch up and new friends to be made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu Items are SolidSBLOUNTDined on 11/27/2013I got the new chipotle pollo fajitas...excellent choice. The mango pepper marg was also tasty. Table side guacamole and queso laredo are a must and could be a meal in itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute accommodation.aTmCorpsguy04VIPDined on 11/27/2013My family of 10 (and 2 infants) couldn't wait any longer for dinner Wednesday night before thanksgiving. The staff at CL immediately took our reservation and took great care of us. This thanksgiving, I was thankful for CL downtown and their hospitality! Will Binford President Austin Concierge & Guest Service AssociationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2013Tasty food, but could have been served much hotter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally a place where theNUkidintownDined on 10/28/2013Finally a place where the fajitas for one fills you up! Thank you for the generous portion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites in AustindcroweDined on 9/25/2013Each year when I visit, I make a point to fine here. The food is excellent and so is the service. Everything I've had there is delicious .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale, Delicious Mexican Cuisinemissjae15VIPDined on 9/20/2013Great place to bring a group for a meal. Staff is friendly and warm, and they prepare guacamole or dessert for your table, if you order it. The following items are a must-try when dining here: • Queso dip - warm cheese with seasoned ground beef on top • Mango Tres Leches cake - moist, tasty layers of cake • Guacamole - lots of flavor and a bit of kickSpecial Features:
- It was okayRASMITH4088VIPDined on 9/18/2013I have been to this restaurant in other cities and had a better experience. The drinks were weak and the food so so. I would go again but not in Austin.Special Features:
- Not your typical "mexican food!"JAACHAVIPDined on 9/17/2013This is just great food! If you are looking for cheap Mexican food, this is not the place! We had delicious rare tuna and wonderful salmon! Now you can get a great Taco Salad, but it will be better than you've ever had before!Special Features:
- Not worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2013The restaurant was empty, yet the waiter still seemed so very busy and rushed. The food was not that great. It did not seem that anyone cared we were there. Even after we waited about 10 minutes for the waiter to come back and run our credit cards, the bartender said they couldn't help us and to just wait for him to come back.
- I would returnOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2013The food and service are both good. The Mexican apple pie desert is one of the best deserts I have ever had. This place is certainly worth a return trip.Special Features:
- Cantina alwas comes through for me!MichelleVIPDined on 6/17/2013I love this place. The staff is excellent and the managers always comes and greets you when they are not busy.Special Features:
- Great for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2013Grabbed a last minute reservation for a group of 10 and were seated promptly, had great service, and an overall enjoyable dinner before heading out on the town. Their salsa is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a BLAH BRUNCHOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013We took my mom out for Mother's Day brunch last weekend to Cantina Laredo. Their buffet was bland, the gentleman in charge of the omelet station didn't speak English and messed up our order TERRIBLY (as in stopped by three separate times asking if 'This egg your egg?') and the drinks were very watered down. Even our own waiter complained about the other staff in the restaurant. I'm sure they have a great dinner menu, but I will not be going back to this restaurant. Enter at your own risk.
- Not Impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2013The waiter for our group birthday party luncheon was extremely rude. He actually poked several of my co-workers in the back to get their attention while we were trying to dine. We were not offered a birthday cake to celebrate our co-workers birthdays. It was a very weird and uncomfortable experience and I will not be going back anytime soon!
- Love this Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2013This particular visit was not great, but the other times were all Amazing! The table side guacamole is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service.BrentVIPDined on 4/13/2013Great food and great service. A bit off the main Austin area so not as busy as other more centrally located places even on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Holy smokes, this is badThisnicknamethingisstupidVIPDined on 4/13/2013Not just bad Mexican food, but really bad (can't even call it Mexican" food. Grilled fajita meat rolled in a flour tortilla with some sort of red sauce on top is NOT a "taco al carbon." Beer was cold, service almost non-existant. No spoon to stir iced tea, no sweetener or sugar.Special Features:
- My group was there to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013My group was there to celebrate a bachelorette's last night out. The service was great! Very attentive and accommodating.Special Features:
- Our first time to the restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/25/2013Our first time to the restaurant. Food was awesome, try the fist tacos, and the Margaritas were awesome.Special Features: