424 South Bethlehem Pike
Fort Washington, PA 19034Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinafeliz.com/
- Phone: 2156461320x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 8:30pm
*Please note, we will be close Thanksgiving Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Timothy Spinner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Cantina Feliz has an array of spaces to host events for parties of any size from small business dinners to bridal showers to weddings and bar mitzvahs.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Sirhal 2156461320x
A word from Cantina Feliz
Cantina Feliz blends a vibrant setting with a passion for hospitality to create an exceptional modern Mexican dining experience. We take a contemporary approach to the way we do Mexican food. Fresh, High-quality ingredients are the foundation to our transformation of amazing produce, fish, and meat to the food we bring to your table. At Cantina Feliz, we pledge to serve you only the best.Continued
Please visit the other Feliz Restaurants, Taqueria Feliz in Manayunk and La Calaca Feliz in the Art Museum neighborhood of Philadelphia.
Please visit the other Feliz Restaurants, Taqueria Feliz in Manayunk and La Calaca Feliz in the Art Museum neighborhood of Philadelphia.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Cantina Feliz - Best Restaurants in Flourtown/Fort Washington ›
Cantina Feliz reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (79)fit for foodies (73)good for groups (71)special occasion (37)hot spot (36)vibrant bar scene (36)great for lunch (32)kid-friendly (30)romantic (14)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014This place was recommended to me by a friend and I was very happy with the outcome. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and drinks. I would definitely come back here with my friends and family. They have a great tequila list!!!Special Features:
- Best Damn Mexican Restaurant...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014...I've ever been too. Nachos are out of this world, and I can't recommend the guac or the fish tacos highly enough. Occasionally they offer specials with some kind of flower -- possibly cactus -- and that's definitely worth a try as well.Special Features:
- Great Food Service Not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014The food is what you would expect from an Amada ex pat but even better. The service is sub par. The servers need to be better trained. The bar could be more sophisticated. Asked for a lychee martini and the server didn't know what a lychee was. That screams burbs but everything else was great. Try the fish tacos ceviche appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite placePAMELAZVIPDined on 9/12/2014If you haven't been to Catina Feliz, what are you waiting for? Great menu, service & of course delicious food! The guacamole is THE very best - esp the unique options! Cantina Feliz is my favorite place & I am always happy to introduce it to coworkers, family & friends.Special Features:
- Delish...JennaDined on 9/10/2014Always love eating here. Making reservations is easy and they are always prepared when you arrive.Special Features:
- Great serviceMefmDined on 9/6/2014Katrina, our waitress, knew the menu well and was such a delight! The margueritas were tasty.. The enchiladas ( mixtos) were delicious! I do wish they offered a bit more pico/salsa for our food... Overall great experience! Will come back to try happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good dinner at CFSteveDined on 9/6/2014We come here a couple times a year because the food is really tasty and it's family friendly. If you don't like dining with lots of families with kids you'll probably want to go a bit later - after 7:30 or so.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantSizeDined on 9/5/2014Came back to this restaurant within a month so we could have our children try it since we enjoyed it so much the first time we were here. It did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Cantina FelizChuckDined on 8/29/2014Restaurant has had a great do over, bright, neat, nice. Expected the usual tex me was pleasantly surprised, gourmet Mexican. Appetizer was a hot cheese and andouille dip, ridiculous good. Waiter was great made a carna recommendation, the beef was tender, well seasoned, and the side very unique. All good, and a good margaretta! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tops in Mexican faremarshapetVIPDined on 8/26/2014I cannot believe how consistant this place is, one of my favorite dishes of all time is the shrimp Cervache Just great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felix Navi-good!FelizNaviDadDined on 8/23/2014Brought the family here for our anniversary and sat at a booth in the long side room. Service by our waitress was terrific. It was early, about 5pm on a Saturday so it was not crowded so the food came out quickly which was fine. The special was a pork dish which was terrific, could have been a little bigger because it was so tasty, but a very nice portion. Basically a spicy pork and rice. Beer was good @5-6$ a draft. Decent selection. My only complaint would be the seating of a overly opinionated 17 year old and his father? Seated a table away who just talked so above conversation level that drove me a bit nutty.Special Features:
- Awesome MenubmarcoDined on 8/22/2014Found a local gem that hit a home-run with their menu items. Each dish was distinct, complex and flavorful. The hostess was very nice. The place itself was lively and had a great ambiance and decor. It was a bit louder than I had hoped for, so it made it difficult to hear the waitress explain the menu items, but eventually the noise either died down or I became used to it. The food was served promptly and appropriately hot or cold, but I felt the person taking my order was a bit harried, so at times I felt that she was only asking if things were OK out of an obligation, and not necessarily because she cared one way or another. Anyway, I liked the place and the food, so I am intent on going back again and exploring other items on the menu.Special Features:
- never disappointsYummyDined on 8/17/2014Love, love, love it here. The only bad thing is that I can't go there every day for lunch & dinner! Such an outstanding place:) can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening outAcm5255VIPDined on 8/17/2014Definitely a hot spot with a fun menu and lots of variety! We will be back!Special Features:
- One of my favoritesBarbaraRDined on 8/8/2014When we want a good Margarita and delicious food, Cantina Feliz is one of our go to places. And the service is always top notch too.Special Features:
- We Love the PlacerichojrVIPDined on 8/5/2014We brought my wife's out of town cousin and his wife for dinner, and the food did not disappoint. We've never had a bad meal at Cantina Feliz. You can never go wrong with the Ceviche Verde and the Short Rib Enchiladas. On this night, our sever seemed a bit distracted, and disappeared for long periods. A particualr peeve for me - when clearing the dishes, he did so from one side of the table, basically laying over my daughter. Not good form.Special Features:
- Great spot!StefyDined on 8/5/2014Cantina Feliz is a gem! The atmosphere is great, very colorful and creative with their decor. Service was perfect, and the food was fabulous! Get the house made chips!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much more than standard MexicanJillybeanVIPDined on 8/2/2014I am not a big fan of Mexican. I go to Cantina Felize for my wife and because this is not standard Mexican. This visit was the best ever. We both got entrees (me the flank steak and her the black bass) and these entrees really highlighted the skill in the kitchen. Also, their guac is truly best I have ever had. This was high end cooking and everything was excellent. The cooling quality was the equal of a high end BYO in the city.Special Features:
- CarolDined on 7/28/2014We really enjoyed this place! The food was excellent and the service was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always awesomedbeatsDined on 7/26/2014Cantina Feliz never fails to deliver a fresh creative meal in a lively attractive setting. You may find it a bit too noisy at times, tho if you have kids you'll feel totally comfortable bringing them along. Always fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014This by far is my favorite restaurant, it blows Distrito out of the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014Food was good. Watch where you sit, the air vent can bedirectly over head and then it gets very cold. We had to close ours. Thought it was a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but priceyIronmom2Dined on 7/21/2014Celebrated a friend's birthday here last week. Drinks and food were very good, but the bill was awfully high for four of us. Our server was great and the margaritas are fantastic (albeit with an awful lot of ice...). Definitely try one of the spicy margaritas! Tuna guacamole is out of this world. Fish tacos were good, but I was not expecting the fish to be (very) deep fried. Everyone seemed to enjoy their entrees and the atmosphere was festive. Tres leche cake was just so-so. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding flavormle987VIPDined on 7/20/2014One thing the dishes do not lack at Cantina Feliz is flavor! If something says that it contains chorizo, you get hearty chorizo pieces and not just an empty promise like most places. Shared a bunch of appetizers and loved them all - shrimp and chorizo quesadilla, chrimp and chorizo fundido, fried cauliflower, shrimp ceviche, etc. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Delicious Mexican FareMegsVIPDined on 7/20/2014The food is authentic, fresh, delicious with lots of gluten free options. Guacamole is fantastic, fish tacos are on point and the margaritas are top notch. High up on the list of "real" Mexican food in town. More comfortable seating would make it the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/17/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent. We told the waiter that we were going to a concert and needed to move quickly and he was very accommodating. We had one meal that was not done as well as the others and he corrected the problem AND credited the charge for the meal. I would defiantly come back when in Ft. Washington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Food - Poor valueDavidSDined on 7/9/2014Average food with overpriced menu. This is not fine dining. Nothing to super complain about, nothing to voice excitement about. At least the margaritas are good.
- It was okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Seemed pricey. The food was good, but I'd try other places first.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantSizeDined on 7/5/2014I just started eating Mexican and wasnt sure about trying here, but I was pleasantly surprised when everything I tasted was excellent. Much more authentic Mexican than some of the other chain restaurants. Drinks were great, appetizers were great and the meal was wonderful. The staff could not be more accomodating. We went with two other couples and they were a bit concerned that they heard the restaurant was pricey, but for everything we got and the quality of the food it was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the bestmarshapetVIPDined on 6/26/2014This is still the best Mexican food out there. Nothing is drowning in heavy sauces, it is all fresh and " clean" THE best shrimp servache I've tasted, ever highly reccomendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to the neighborhoodmsbearDined on 6/24/2014A girlfriend and I met up for dinner and drinks to celebrate our birthday. Service was top notch. Waitress always checked in on us but did not rush us out (we had a 3 hr dinner)! Food was delicious as well as the margaritas. Will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014My fav Mexican restaurant because of it's upscale and delicious cooking yet moderate prices. You will find the chef' work 'out of the box' putting the typical Tex Mex menus to shame. Yummy!Special Features:
- Another awesome meal!Fab1VIPDined on 6/21/2014We love the food at Cantina Feliz as well as the incredible waitstaff! Everyone is very friendly and we feel so fortunate to have this fabulous restaurant so close to our home. The white sangria is a favorite, the nachos loaded with cheese, etc. and the vegetable enchiladas were incredible!Special Features:
- Great Anniversary ExperienceMykeeGDined on 6/20/2014When we got there we waited about 2 minutes before we were seated. Perfect. I mentioned in the special requirements it was our Anniversary and after we were seated they brought complimentary Champagne. Nice touch. Waiter knew the menu answered our question and our meal and the experience were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/20/2014Lunch was great at Cantina Feliz. Lee the hostess was so nice and welcoming. Great Lunch menu and we loved the recommendations made by Ian our friendly waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not normalvegKDined on 6/19/2014Food was fantastic as always. Energy level is high and makes for a fun evening. Our waiter was less than ideal, certainly not the norm there. He looked tired and was not smiling or friendly. I even tried to be extra nice and crack jokes but nothing was working. Im not a fan of people who don't bring positive energy but of course I will go back - it is one of my favorite places!Special Features:
- Excellent dinneradshanselDined on 6/19/2014Food was great but the noise was almost unbearable. Conversation was difficult. My son has hearing loss and it would have been impossible for him with hearing aids. It was a Thursday night and it was packed. That said, the food was superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MexicancapnDined on 6/18/2014Cantena Feliz gives you good food, good service and in on of the one of the best Mexican reatuarants in the neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- almost perfection86steakieDined on 6/15/2014I have had all great experiences at Feliz Cantina.. only thing that needs help is the steak taco..last time the steak was not cut against the grain which made it tough..other than that I will be back for the fish tacos for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodNotaReviewerDined on 6/14/2014The portions were a bit smaller than expected. For the price you might expect a bit bigger portion. I know somebody from our party ordered the special of the day, lamb chops, and was slightly disappointed when they saw three little chops on the plate. Also if you get tacos they do not include rice and beans, that's an extra cost. The house margarita was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.