424 South Bethlehem Pike
Fort Washington, PA 19034Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinafeliz.com/
- Phone: (215) 646-1320
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 8:30pm
*Please note, we will be close Thanksgiving Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Timothy Spinner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Cantina Feliz has an array of spaces to host events for parties of any size from small business dinners to bridal showers to weddings and bar mitzvahs.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Sirhal 2156461320x
A word from Cantina Feliz
Cantina Feliz blends a vibrant setting with a passion for hospitality to create an exceptional modern Mexican dining experience. We take a contemporary approach to the way we do Mexican food. Fresh, High-quality ingredients are the foundation to our transformation of amazing produce, fish, and meat to the food we bring to your table. At Cantina Feliz, we pledge to serve you only the best.Continued
Please visit the other Feliz Restaurants, Taqueria Feliz in Manayunk and La Calaca Feliz in the Art Museum neighborhood of Philadelphia.
Please visit the other Feliz Restaurants, Taqueria Feliz in Manayunk and La Calaca Feliz in the Art Museum neighborhood of Philadelphia.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Cantina Feliz - Best Restaurants in Flourtown/Fort Washington ›
Cantina Feliz reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (41)hot spot (27)special occasion (23)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (20)kid-friendly (17)romantic (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Cantina FelizChuckVIPDined on 11/16/2014This was our second time at Cantina, it was as good as the first. The appetizers were delicious, the nachos with the pulled pork were not your standard issue nachos with globs of cheeze whiz, very tasty and fresh. My wife loves the crab cakes. I ordered the chicken enchiladas, very good, not typical tex mex. Service is very good, drinks of course were good. And they even surprised use with a little desert as it was my birthday. Will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was deliciousHotsyDined on 11/9/2014Arrived after the theatre & was pleasantly surprised. My dining companion loves fajitas but loves his steak tartar style. He was very pleased that chef made as he requested. Food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysSpencerVIPDined on 11/7/2014Cantina has mastered the art of changing their menu without causing patrons to whine about missing their favorites. Every time my husband and I visit, there is something new on the menu we try but we can't figure out what it replaced. I still haven't ordered an entree other than the black bass but my husband has been through every other entree and is never disappointed. The consistency at Cantina is outstanding. Latest favorite: Grilled shrimp appetizer- It comes with this corn relish of some sort and it is amazing. Might even be worth them making it into a main dish it was THAT good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MexicanchinomtbDined on 11/2/2014Delicious as always. We tried the chicken mole for the first time and loved it! Very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding Mexican Food!GuldenDrakDined on 10/27/2014Excellent all around - don't miss the guacamole, or the brussels sprouts (either the mexican flatbread or the side dish with a tequila cream). The premium tequila list is outstanding as well!Special Features:
- Change is not always a good thingFoodCritic007VIPDined on 10/25/2014We've dined at the Ft Washington location for quite a few years, at least 6x per year. We love trying new things and also the old standby's....the huaraches & the Nachos. We always get short ribs on our nachos, and its always delicious and meaty. Last weekend we were told the restaurant switched to beef brisket instead. We ordered it anyway and I was very disappointed. I typically stay away from beef brisket because it tends to be fatty and takes work to sort out the fat from the meat. I hate soft, blubbery, wobbly fat on my meat and unfortunately, this is what I got with my mouthful of beef brisket on the nacho chips. Total turn off. Bleh. If we order Nachos again, it'll be meatless, unless they change it again to something less fatty.Special Features:
- Great Mexican foodJeffDined on 10/25/2014This is not your standard Mexican Restaurant. Nice menu with entrees prepared with care and presented with style. Knowledgeable and well trained servers knew which soups were vegetarian based. This was a repeat visit for our party, but we had not been at the restaurant for some time. We had forgotten how great the food was. Prices are reasonable for the portion sizes. Will come back again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fantasticMarkVIPDined on 10/23/2014We go a few times a month and its always great. The meal is one of the best values in the suburbs. We rarely try any of the staples on the menu - which are delicious! We like the specials as the chef seems to always coming up with a winning combination of fresh flavors.Special Features:
- Awesome restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014We love going to Cantina Feliz. The food here is delicious, service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but noisyKittyDined on 10/11/2014Out on a Saturday with six people. The restaurant was quite busy, really hopping. Service was very good and very accomodating. Drinks were delicious. I highly recommend the margarita Feliz. Everyone loved the food. I enjoyed my ceviche, which bordered on too spicy for me but was very tasty. The fish tacos were wonderful as well. Both fundidos were sampled and enjoyed, and we all liked the unusual guacamole with bacon and fig. The only criticism I have, and it's a big one, is that the noise level is overwhelming. It was very hard to hear the others at my table. I really hope they work on that, because I could see making this a regular spot, but not with that noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go-to place for special occasionsdavedubDined on 10/4/2014My fiance and i discovered cantina feliz a couple years ago when we lived in the area and have been going there for birthdays and romantic dinners ever since. Saturday was no exception as we were celebrating two birthdays. We come here for the absolutely delicious food and cocktails, and we are very picky eaters. It's tough not to keep ordering small plates here, though, because portion sizes are sadly very very small and you just want to devour everything on the menu. We always have room for desert, always blow the budget, and always have to have a snack when i get home. One day i may ask them to price me out a real meal sized portion of carnitas and veggies, though i doubt I'll be able to afford it. All jokes aside though, love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!TamarellatDined on 10/3/2014We had a wonderful dinner! Great food and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Cantina Feliz is a great Mexican restaurant. The food is delicious and reasonably priced, especially if you order by 6 PM The service was excellent. There is a nice bar and good wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AgainSnave1Dined on 10/1/2014I have been to Cantina Feliz several times while visiting Philadelphia. The food is not your average mexican restaurant. Very special dishes with and very good service and ambiance. I will book there again when the time comes.Special Features:
- great mexican placeNicoleDined on 9/29/2014good drinks and amazing guacamole! Def will return to Cantina again and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Poor food qualitySlingsterDined on 9/22/2014Quality of food is not that great. Extremely noisy, cannot have a good conversation at your own table.Special Features:
- Great Food!TDocDined on 9/13/2014This place was recommended to me by a friend and I was very happy with the outcome. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and drinks. I would definitely come back here with my friends and family. They have a great tequila list!!!Special Features:
- Best Damn Mexican Restaurant...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014...I've ever been too. Nachos are out of this world, and I can't recommend the guac or the fish tacos highly enough. Occasionally they offer specials with some kind of flower -- possibly cactus -- and that's definitely worth a try as well.Special Features:
- Great Food Service Not greatSuburbanFoodieDined on 9/12/2014The food is what you would expect from an Amada ex pat but even better. The service is sub par. The servers need to be better trained. The bar could be more sophisticated. Asked for a lychee martini and the server didn't know what a lychee was. That screams burbs but everything else was great. Try the fish tacos ceviche appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite placePAMELAZVIPDined on 9/12/2014If you haven't been to Catina Feliz, what are you waiting for? Great menu, service & of course delicious food! The guacamole is THE very best - esp the unique options! Cantina Feliz is my favorite place & I am always happy to introduce it to coworkers, family & friends.Special Features:
- Delish...JennaDined on 9/10/2014Always love eating here. Making reservations is easy and they are always prepared when you arrive.Special Features:
- Great serviceMefmDined on 9/6/2014Katrina, our waitress, knew the menu well and was such a delight! The margueritas were tasty.. The enchiladas ( mixtos) were delicious! I do wish they offered a bit more pico/salsa for our food... Overall great experience! Will come back to try happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good dinner at CFSteveDined on 9/6/2014We come here a couple times a year because the food is really tasty and it's family friendly. If you don't like dining with lots of families with kids you'll probably want to go a bit later - after 7:30 or so.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantSizeDined on 9/5/2014Came back to this restaurant within a month so we could have our children try it since we enjoyed it so much the first time we were here. It did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Cantina FelizChuckVIPDined on 8/29/2014Restaurant has had a great do over, bright, neat, nice. Expected the usual tex me was pleasantly surprised, gourmet Mexican. Appetizer was a hot cheese and andouille dip, ridiculous good. Waiter was great made a carna recommendation, the beef was tender, well seasoned, and the side very unique. All good, and a good margaretta! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tops in Mexican faremarshapetVIPDined on 8/26/2014I cannot believe how consistant this place is, one of my favorite dishes of all time is the shrimp Cervache Just great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felix Navi-good!FelizNaviDadDined on 8/23/2014Brought the family here for our anniversary and sat at a booth in the long side room. Service by our waitress was terrific. It was early, about 5pm on a Saturday so it was not crowded so the food came out quickly which was fine. The special was a pork dish which was terrific, could have been a little bigger because it was so tasty, but a very nice portion. Basically a spicy pork and rice. Beer was good @5-6$ a draft. Decent selection. My only complaint would be the seating of a overly opinionated 17 year old and his father? Seated a table away who just talked so above conversation level that drove me a bit nutty.Special Features:
- Awesome MenubmarcoDined on 8/22/2014Found a local gem that hit a home-run with their menu items. Each dish was distinct, complex and flavorful. The hostess was very nice. The place itself was lively and had a great ambiance and decor. It was a bit louder than I had hoped for, so it made it difficult to hear the waitress explain the menu items, but eventually the noise either died down or I became used to it. The food was served promptly and appropriately hot or cold, but I felt the person taking my order was a bit harried, so at times I felt that she was only asking if things were OK out of an obligation, and not necessarily because she cared one way or another. Anyway, I liked the place and the food, so I am intent on going back again and exploring other items on the menu.Special Features:
- never disappointsYummyDined on 8/17/2014Love, love, love it here. The only bad thing is that I can't go there every day for lunch & dinner! Such an outstanding place:) can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening outAcm5255VIPDined on 8/17/2014Definitely a hot spot with a fun menu and lots of variety! We will be back!Special Features:
- One of my favoritesBarbaraRVIPDined on 8/8/2014When we want a good Margarita and delicious food, Cantina Feliz is one of our go to places. And the service is always top notch too.Special Features:
- We Love the PlacerichojrVIPDined on 8/5/2014We brought my wife's out of town cousin and his wife for dinner, and the food did not disappoint. We've never had a bad meal at Cantina Feliz. You can never go wrong with the Ceviche Verde and the Short Rib Enchiladas. On this night, our sever seemed a bit distracted, and disappeared for long periods. A particualr peeve for me - when clearing the dishes, he did so from one side of the table, basically laying over my daughter. Not good form.Special Features:
- Great spot!StefyDined on 8/5/2014Cantina Feliz is a gem! The atmosphere is great, very colorful and creative with their decor. Service was perfect, and the food was fabulous! Get the house made chips!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much more than standard MexicanJillybeanVIPDined on 8/2/2014I am not a big fan of Mexican. I go to Cantina Felize for my wife and because this is not standard Mexican. This visit was the best ever. We both got entrees (me the flank steak and her the black bass) and these entrees really highlighted the skill in the kitchen. Also, their guac is truly best I have ever had. This was high end cooking and everything was excellent. The cooling quality was the equal of a high end BYO in the city.Special Features:
- The following 751 reviews are from the Cantina Feliz reviews archive.
- CarolDined on 7/28/2014We really enjoyed this place! The food was excellent and the service was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always awesomedbeatsDined on 7/26/2014Cantina Feliz never fails to deliver a fresh creative meal in a lively attractive setting. You may find it a bit too noisy at times, tho if you have kids you'll feel totally comfortable bringing them along. Always fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014This by far is my favorite restaurant, it blows Distrito out of the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014Food was good. Watch where you sit, the air vent can bedirectly over head and then it gets very cold. We had to close ours. Thought it was a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but priceyIronmom2Dined on 7/21/2014Celebrated a friend's birthday here last week. Drinks and food were very good, but the bill was awfully high for four of us. Our server was great and the margaritas are fantastic (albeit with an awful lot of ice...). Definitely try one of the spicy margaritas! Tuna guacamole is out of this world. Fish tacos were good, but I was not expecting the fish to be (very) deep fried. Everyone seemed to enjoy their entrees and the atmosphere was festive. Tres leche cake was just so-so. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding flavormle987VIPDined on 7/20/2014One thing the dishes do not lack at Cantina Feliz is flavor! If something says that it contains chorizo, you get hearty chorizo pieces and not just an empty promise like most places. Shared a bunch of appetizers and loved them all - shrimp and chorizo quesadilla, chrimp and chorizo fundido, fried cauliflower, shrimp ceviche, etc. Can't wait to return!Special Features: