424 South Bethlehem Pike
Fort Washington, PA 19034Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinafeliz.com/
- Phone: (215) 646-1320
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 8:30pm
*Please note, we will be close Thanksgiving Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Timothy Spinner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Cantina Feliz has an array of spaces to host events for parties of any size from small business dinners to bridal showers to weddings and bar mitzvahs.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Sirhal 2156461320x
A word from Cantina Feliz
Cantina Feliz blends a vibrant setting with a passion for hospitality to create an exceptional modern Mexican dining experience. We take a contemporary approach to the way we do Mexican food. Fresh, High-quality ingredients are the foundation to our transformation of amazing produce, fish, and meat to the food we bring to your table. At Cantina Feliz, we pledge to serve you only the best.Continued
Please visit the other Feliz Restaurants, Taqueria Feliz in Manayunk and La Calaca Feliz in the Art Museum neighborhood of Philadelphia.
Please visit the other Feliz Restaurants, Taqueria Feliz in Manayunk and La Calaca Feliz in the Art Museum neighborhood of Philadelphia.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Cantina Feliz - Best Restaurants in Flourtown/Fort Washington ›
Cantina Feliz reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (53)good for groups (45)hot spot (28)great for lunch (25)special occasion (25)vibrant bar scene (22)kid-friendly (19)romantic (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Girls night outLJA7Dined on 5/5/2014Good food, relaxing atmosphere. Pleasant, accommodating staff. Excellent Margaritas!Special Features:
- Delicious ceviche!KarenDined on 5/4/2014I tried their delicious ceviche! It was amazing! Because this was so good I ordered the baja fish tacos. I was disappointed that it was breaded. Not really into fried fish tacos. Everything else was outstanding! Would be great it they had low carb options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican steps it up a notchFoodie4everVIPDined on 4/26/2014Nice variety of Mexican dishes. We had the grilled shrimp for an appetizer and it was outstanding! It came atop a corn salsa/relish that I will certainly crave.Special Features:
- All Hail Cantina Felize!WildheartRileyDined on 4/26/2014Always such a fine meal, I have never had a bad meal here! Great Drinks, food.... lunch is the best deal ever!!Special Features:
- Great find for Mexican foodNickBDined on 4/25/2014This was our 2nd time at Cantina Feliz and it was just as great as the first. Margaritas are tops and so is the sangria. Lots of beer choices. To get started, the guacamole is the best -- a perfect mix of fresh avocado and cilantro. Nachos are equally good. Fish tacos and enchiladas were the main course. We expected the fish to be loose and flaky, but it was rolled up and lightly fried, appearing like a hot dog in the tortilla. However, the taste was really good. Great, young wait staff and it was especially nice to hear many genuine "thank yous" as we were leaving. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Wow! What great food!foodislifeDined on 4/25/2014In our 32 years of married life, my wife and I agree that we had one of the two or three best dinners we have ever had. The food was great, the service was outstanding and the presentation was commensurate with the high quality of the ingredients. The chef has a light and subtle touch which brings out the best in the ingredients. This would have been the only five star recommendation I have ever given out if only the noise level had been lower. We like quiet dining. If you prefer an "energetic" atmosphere, you will not be able to refrain from a five star rating!Special Features:
- Wasn't that impressed.DebK419Dined on 4/18/2014Went there to celebrate my mom's birthday & service was poor at best. The waiter seemed aloof & didn't really care. He only checked in on us 1 or 2x through the meal. When the soup was brought they didn't come with spoons so we had to wait for before we could eat. My dinner came about 5 minutes after everyone elses. The short rib enchiladas were good and my mom enjoyed her tacos. The evening started out on a bad note when we wouldn't seat us because everyone wasn't there yet but then a patron came in right after us and she was seated even though her whole party wasn't there yet. When we spoke to the manager she said it was one of their rules. When questioned further why it applied to us and not to the other party she had no response.
- Never a bad mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2014Had dinner on a Monday night. Food outstanding, service first rate. Staff is always in a good mood. A very nice dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!GinaDined on 4/13/2014Another great dinner at Cantina Feliz. We were there for a birthday, we love to have special occasions here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timejlnasDined on 4/12/2014Everything was Perfect in my book. Service was prompt, courteous, and very knowledgeable of menu items. Food was spectacular and the pricing was very reasonable. We had a great time and cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Mexican Done Right.SuburbanDinerDined on 4/11/2014A cool vibe and decor, friendly staff and terrific food put this Mexican in the top five in the suburbs.Special Features:
- Great Food - Service Just OKLarryDined on 4/5/2014First time dining here, Saturday night was crowded and loud. Enjoyed our food and drink selections, although appetizer for four was meager quantity. Our server was just OK in terms of having to wait once we were seated and "checking" from time to time. Even though we said that this was our first time dining there, didn't do a good job of explaining the menu choices - May have been too busy.Waited for check longer than expected after dessert. Overall, enjoyed the food and ambience - next time on a weekday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must have been an off nightOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/29/2014We frequent Cantina & usually have great service/food. However, we waited about 25 min for a 7:30 reservation. One thing I can not stand is waiting for a reservation. 25 min with no apology or thanks for being so understanding was unacceptable. We decided to sit at the bar & the bar tender gave us drink menus right away but then proceed to ignore until we totally flagged him down. Once seated for dinner, we ordered the same thing we always order which was their octopus dish. Usually amazing!! However, it was heavily pan seared & chewy & extremely salty. The color/texture of it looked completely different that what is usually served. It was not good. We asked the waiter if it had been changed & he said no. Also, our entrees were very salty.
- NEVER disappoints!!!! AMAZING!!EdNsamDined on 3/28/2014We are so happy to have discovered this restaurant! We are big foodies and they have it ALL here! The food is incredible, the plating is gorgeous, the ambiance is perfect, the service is phenomenal, and the owners are in the kitchen & on the floor. This has quickly risen the ranks and is on it's way to possibly becoming our favorite restaurant !! The issue we usually have with restaurants that we like is that they lack consistency at times. Not Cantina.This was our 5th time here and it is just as good as the 1st time. We love Bailey, but we have also had Tim, Maria, Chris ... They are all so knowledgable !! Last night we saw Maura & Chris kill it on the bar. Maybe we had 1 too many margaritas, but how can you not?! They are incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sunday mealJB11Dined on 3/23/2014Enjoyed a nice early Sunday meal this week. food was good basic neighborhood place type. Not worth a long trip but if you live in the area try it. Portion sizes are large w/ most people leaving w/ bags. We had a couple appetizers and two different entrees that were satisfying. The Guacomole had a bitter taste due to to bits of peel in the mix. Fish taco very average. Tortilla soup was hearty but I was expecting better seasoning. The Pork tacitos were the best dish but could still have benefited from more balanced seasoning. Nice reasonably priced wine and beer list. Compliments food well. Would have expected more for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- App Special not up to parFoodCritic007VIPDined on 3/21/2014Ordered the app special of the night, wild boar tamale. Presented nicely, but not very warm, seemed as if it had been sitting at room temp for a bit, not just out of the oven. I didn't really pick up on any wild boar flavor, the meaty inside of the tamale was quite dry and really needed the crema and mole sauce that was served with it to flavor it. Oddly, my favorite part of that dish were the mushroom slices on the plate. Entree was the seafood enchilada and I remembered why I stopped ordering it, its swimming in green chile sauce which just overpowers the seafood and enchilada. I'l like to see less sauce on this dish so I can really taste the food. Sauces should enhance and accompany, not overwhelm the dish.
- Authentic and tastyLahollowDined on 3/21/2014Even after arriving late for our reservation, my party of 3 was seated after a minimal wait. The appetizers and meal were displayed beautifully and tasted just as good as they looked. We all left raving about out meals. I can't wait to go back. This place is definitely my new favorite spot for Mexican.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, differentKearnzDined on 3/15/2014Great ambiance, different drink menu, fantastic food. Every person at the table loved the appetizers, drinks and entree. Prices are slightly high, but worth every dollar for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014We love good Mexican food, but this was not it. Sauces were very heavy and overwhelmed the actual food beneath. None of the complexity of real Mexican sauces. This was much closer to the suburban mall Mexican examples we are all familiar with than what we expected.
- Prices are higher than expected.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014Prices are higher than expected. Red sangria was uninteresting and chips with guacamole and salsa have to be ordered as an app. Very loud in the restaurant and our table of six had trouble hearing each other. Have had better Mexican elsewhere.Special Features:
- Excellent experience all around.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/7/2014Excellent experience all around. Great food. Great drinks. Awesome serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeRodQDined on 2/23/2014This restaurant is a vibrant place in a quiet neighborhood. The food is fantastic, Well prepared, & quite flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious. TheMexicanguruDined on 2/15/2014The food was delicious. The service was prompt and courteous. I was a bit surprised and disappointed that at a Mexican restaurant the classic margarita was served in a water glass. I would have appreciated a margarita glass. I noticed that's how they served them.. Not just that possibly they were out of glasses. This would have improved my experience and possibly prompted me to order a second...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time and getting better!OutforthenightDined on 2/15/2014This was our third time to Cantina Feliz and the best! Our other two visits were very good, but this trip was excellent. We both went with the Valentine's Tasting Menu. The first course and dessert were pretty good, the second and third courses were amazing. Highly recommend and would recommend reservations for Saturday nights.Special Features:
- I have been here only twoFlanneryDined on 2/14/2014I have been here only two times now - both times on a busy weekend night - yet the service was exceptional! The food is awesome as well. I recommend this place to anyone I know in the area. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodpaulymkDined on 2/14/2014Not your typical Mexican restaurant. Great variety, great food, great everything.Special Features:
- Great all around!heyitsmeDined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend took me here for Valentine's Day. Everything was exceptional! The guacamole and tortilla soup was amazing! Great atmosphere and service. Will definitely be back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2014This was the 4th time I have been to Cantina Feliz and each and every time has gotten better. Our waitress was outstanding and the food never seems to fail.Special Features:
- Best Mexican food outside of PhillytogoVIPDined on 2/9/2014This was by far the best Mexican food I've had outside of Philadelphia. We were pleasantly suprised. Can't wait for a return trip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second TimeMexicanfoodfansDined on 2/8/2014My husband and I went for dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. This was our second time to this location. It was very good and very fresh! We both really enjoyed our meals. The drinks were great too! Before we got our table, we were trying to get a drink from the bar. The bar was pretty crowded. Only 2 bartenders and they seemed to stay at one end of the bar. They definitely could have used 3 bartenders. Luckily, our table was ready and we got seated. We ordered our drinks from the waitress and she delivered them fast..... (no luck from us waiting at the bar). Our dinner was good and we enjoyed it! We'll be back!Special Features:
- JBJohnBartlettDined on 2/8/2014Good food, but our waiter was lacking in personality: wrote his order down, didn't acknowledge us, didn't tell us about any specials or recommendations. It's as if we were inconveniencing him.Special Features:
- New menuLuv2eatVIPDined on 2/7/2014Been here dozens of times and always enjoyed our meals, but with a new menu comes higher prices. food and service were great, the nachos and black bass were delicious, but $12 for watered down margaritas in Fort Washington is a little too much. Cost us $125 for one appetizer, 2 main courses and drinks for Mexican seems a little high. Not rushing back so fast.Special Features:
- Great FoodSandyDined on 1/30/2014Great Mexican food, very fresh. Unfortunately, we were seated in a narrow side room that had a table of six with very noisy children. They left and that table was filled with four young women who were, believe it or not, louder than the previous table. At times, you could not talk without shouting. Waiter was great, explained menu as it was our first visit. Would definitely return but would ask to sit in an area with all small tables.Special Features:
- A dining gem in the NW suburbsSteveDined on 1/25/2014We've been going to Cantina Feliz since they've opened and have dined here maybe 8 or 9 times since then. For the most part the service is very good, though can be a bit chaotic during prime weekend hours. Food is all excellent and prices are reasonable. Get a small group together and get the suckling pig! It's a feast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happening suburban sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2014Clearly the place to be in Ft. Washington for those who have someone watching the kids. Delicious, inventive Mexican food with knowledgable wait staff. Try the tasting menu- you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I joined ourCaitrVIPDined on 1/24/2014My husband and I joined our friends for dinner on Friday. We loved the sangria and margaritas! The guacamole was delish and so was my crab cake! My husband had the fish tacos and really enjoyed! The group shared the nachos and they were fantastic! We cannot wait to go back and try more dishes from the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very slow service but food was goodBeckyDined on 1/20/2014This was the first time at Cantina Feliz for our group. Reservations were made and we were seated right away when we arrived on a Monday evening. The major con (complaint) would be that the service was extremely SLOW! Took us almost an hour to get our food. The food itself was good but might not have been worth the wait being so long that half of the group took their food and dessert to go. Being our first time there I'm not sure if service is always slow or they were just having an off day but even another couple (of 2) around us sat for a long time before they got their food. Not sure if I would return? Like I said the food and drinks were good BUT the service was SLOW.Special Features:
- 1 st timebarryfahitaDined on 1/19/2014We thought we would try it for restaurant week. I had the 3 course dinner and my wife just had an entrée. We shared my appetizer-crab meat in cream cheese. Waitress recommended td and it was excellent. We will definilty go again. We eat out 5-6 nites a week so it could become a regular stopping place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deafening!JJPodVIPDined on 1/17/2014Food is great, but the noise level is deafening. Go on a weeknight or go to Calaca Feliz in Fairmount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When in Fort Washington, PA...JaneDined on 1/16/2014Try some great Mexican at Cantina Feliz, The cerviche is amazing.Special Features: