Cantina Beach Restaurant - The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne
455 Grand Bay Drive
Key Biscayne, FL 33149Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cantina Beach Restaurant - The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/keybiscayne
- Phone: 3053654286
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Andres Parlange
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cantina Beach Restaurant - The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne
All set to a backdrop of endless blue ocean and colorful, casually sophisticated décor, Miami"s only oceanfront, coastal Mexican restaurant, Cantina Beach presents innovative menu additions and daily specials inspired by Mexico's culinary regions, created by Chiapas, Mexico-native Chef de Cuisine, Andres Parlange. Vibrant hues of red and blue alongside espresso furnishings accent the cavernous, thatched palapa roofed restaurant, built by the Miccosukee Tribe of Indians. Plush lounges, tiki torches and a fire pit complement the natural oceanfront setting, which is so captivating in its beauty that the island's first settlers named the location, "favorite path of the rising moon." A Tequilier (tequila specialist trained in Mexico's Agave growing regions) Heriberto Ovideo offers recommendations on the restaurants 85 premium tequila selection, the largest 100 percent Agave tequila collection in Miami.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cantina Beach Restaurant - The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (5)special occasion (4)good for groups (3)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Service amazingcbati01Dined on 9/19/2014the best part of the entire experience was the service! would definitely visit again.Special Features:
- relaxing placeRegularCutomerVIPDined on 8/6/2014one of the resort feeling place. food is okay. service is greatSpecial Features:
- Come for the sunset... Stay for theG1225Dined on 8/2/2014Stay for the ambiance and great service. Food was very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 21 reviews are from the Cantina Beach Restaurant - The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne reviews archive.
- best relaxing locationCandlelightVIPDined on 5/8/2014Go to this restaurant if you are not a picky eater because the food is ok, but the location next to the beach by night is ultra romantic which is the reason we chose this place ! You can go straight to the beach and walk barefoot under the moonlight!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience Shines; Food No So MuchCommentaryVIPDined on 4/26/2014We loved the atmosphere of dining outside and enjoying the ocean breezes, but the food was just okay, nothing special. And definitely not worth the very high final bill. The guacamole was not very tasty, and the cerviche was average. Either the food needs to improve or the prices need to come down.Special Features:
- Be aware of valet only parkingCoco212Dined on 3/9/2014Be aware of valet only parking (20$ which drops down to 12$ when parking ticket is validated.) Also "tableside guacamole" is not made tableside if you choose to sit on the patio area where the ground is rocky. They add tip in already even for a party of 2 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drinks and suchSaratogamixologistVIPDined on 3/7/2014Went to have apps and drinks with friends while in town; better to arrive by 6 to get the beach and sunset view, but firepit was a plus. The menu is good, and service average. We just had drinks and guacamole before going to dinner elsewhere. Sort of a " couldn't be bothered" attitude from our server, after realizing we weren't having dinner. I asked about what tequilas the bar pours and was told they don't have a well tequila, and whatever it says on the menu is what they use. So I went to the bar and they have a list of all tequilas and ordered a margarita based on the list. More for a once in a while visit for the view and scenery. Suprisingly for a resort property; Ritz Carlton, not so great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and foodVacationingDined on 2/1/2014We dine out in South Florida quite a bit, from Miami to West Palm. I have lived in Miami most of my life, and it is a shame how bad the service is and the attitude you get at so many restaurants. The food was amazing, the atmosphere is beautiful, and service was perfect. Of any place you would expect the servers to have an attitude would be the Ritz Carlton. It was the exact opposite. Drinks were great, food was great and everyone was very friendly. The tip was included in the bill, and I left an extra 15% because of the service. The waiter came over to us as we were leaving to make sure we knew that there was an 18% tip already included in the bill, to make sure we did not tip again by accident. That's why this hotel has 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceBirthdaydinnerDined on 1/11/2014Beautiful setting and delicious food, very fresh. A little high priced for a casual venue but still very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami GemroseDined on 8/2/2013this is one of hte best restaurants i've been to in miami, well Key Biscayne. finding it was a bit hard but worth every challenge. I brought my 4 month old son and the environment was so mellow that he was fine. the food was great and the service was exceptional. i give this place 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food with RC ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/25/2013The food was really good but the service was great--hard to beat a Ritz Carlton's service. Definitely a casual vibe with a not so casual price but the view is terrific....go before it is dark out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinco de MayoOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/5/2013Perfect. Unforgettable. Maybe it was the energy of the holiday, but I found the place to be memorable, and the food outstanding. The ceviches were a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/27/2013The service was excellent from all of the staff, the location is stunning, the food was good at a fair price considering the location. The prices for the Margaritas however are a joke. Having to pay $ 17 for a basic Margarita in a plastic cup which didn't even taste great is unacceptable even in a RC Hotel.
- Best dinning experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013My boyfriend and I had the greatest experience at Cantina Beach. The service is beyond excellent, very attentive. The food is delicious, the drinks are amazing. We have been to restaurants before, but the service & the food have never gone hand in hand like this place. Highly recommend it. You can choose to sit outside by the beach or indoors. The person that helped us through our dinning experience, is the greatest we have ever seen. Great place! We are definitely going back again!Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012The Cantina was great and awesome restaurant. The staff and food were amazing.Special Features:
- From the second you walk inDisappointedDined on 7/20/2012From the second you walk in to the moment you leave you want to come back!!! Service is 5 star,food is high quality, drinks are worthy of their Price!!Special Features:
- Food and service were bothOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/24/2012Food and service were both excellent (as to be expected at a Ritz). However, the drinks were over priced and weak.Special Features:
- Quite expensive for a poolsideKarenVIPDined on 3/31/2012Quite expensive for a poolside restaurant. Service was average. Drink prices are very high. $17 for a margarita. Nice music and view of ocean are a Plus. Go for lunch or ask for the lunch menu at dinner.Special Features:
- Not what you would expectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/28/2012Not what you would expect at a Ritz Carlton. The service was great but the food was very unremarkable. We had drinks there in the late afternoon and their guacamole was so fresh and delicious that we were really looking forward to dinner. What a disappointment! I had the chicken fajitas which was very dry and lacking in flavor. My husband had the prawns which were slightly better but still very bland. Located right next to the beach and pool, the view is pretty but it is crowded and loud. Go for a drink and appetizer and skip the dinner.
- Very overpriced for fair toOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/2/2011Very overpriced for fair to bad mexican food......$150 dollars for two.....
- Not a diverse menu and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/22/2011Not a diverse menu and very overpriced. That hotel could use a good outdoor american restaurant.
- Appetizers were far superiornancoiseDined on 7/30/2011Appetizers were far superior to main course. Food good but not oustanding. The tacos were nothing special. Meat and chicken needed much more kick. For a Ritz Carlton, one would expect a more outstanding preparation of the main course. Atmosphere and service exceLlent.Special Features:
- Cantina beach was an ok MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/9/2011Cantina beach was an ok Mexican restaurant with a wonderful ambiance. We ordered mini crab taco appetizer and the guacamole. Both of those were awesome. The chips were not homemade and were a little stale. The salsa was a little better than average but did not taste homemade. The crab in the tacos was sweet and delicious and very fresh and the guacamole was also very fresh. For dinner, we ordered the Skirt Steak tacos. Overall, the steak was very avg and chewy and not flavorful. At $30, it should have been better. The chicken enchiladas were excellent with both red and green sauce. Margaritas and Mojito's were very Average and $15 each. Cost: $168w/tip for the two of us including 3 drinks, 2 meals, 2 appetizers.Special Features:
- Ambiance was great. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2011Ambiance was great. Food a little pricey for what was served. Should have been aware that the food and drinks were very pricey. Would not go back as it was just Mexican food.Special Features: