Cantina 1511 - Stonecrest
7708 Rea Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28277Neighborhood:
Traditional MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cantina 1511 - Stonecrest
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantina15eleven.com/
- Phone: 7047529797x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Vince Giancarlo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you’re planning a wedding, birthday party, a seminar, a luncheon, or a retirement party – we cater directly to your specific event. At Cantina 1511, we approach every event with absolute professionalism and passion.
Our clients have been raving over our authentic Mexican creations and Tex Mex- culinary dishes for years! Our event planners can transform a simple room into a delightful space that is detailed to perfection. We always create a unique experience for your guests and provide them with a lasting impression that leaves them wanting more.
- Entertainment: We feature Live Music on our Patio Friday through Sunday starting at 6pm. Join us for amazing margaritas and great music.
A word from Cantina 1511 - Stonecrest
Ever since 2004, Cantina 1511 has been serving consistently excellent Mexican fare to the people of Charlotte. A philosophy of only the freshest ingredients cooked from scratch to traditional recipes; guarantees an Authentic Mexican Celebration every time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Cantina 1511 - Stonecrest - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Cantina 1511 - Stonecrest reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (49)kid-friendly (36)great for lunch (30)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (27)special occasion (24)great for outdoor dining (20)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (13)romantic (11)great for brunch (7)late-night find (4)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fab FoodFoodieBabs1950Dined on 9/20/2014Was here with my husband and another couple and we were all very pleased with our dinners. Our server was attentive and very informative since we had some questions about wine selection. Our meals were very delicious and presented beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Service was good, food was excellent. Price was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slipping a bit..BDog91Dined on 9/16/2014The service experienced was not in par with past visits.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Go WrongloveitalianVIPDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I have always enjoyed Cantina 1511. Although it's hard to branch out from their insanely delicious enchiladas (pretty sure they're the best I've tasted anywhere), I decided to try the chicken fajitas this time. Although the enchiladas are unmistakably Cantina's specialty in my book, the fajitas were very tasty - a nice combo of well-seasoned meat/peppers/onions/zucchini/mushrooms with a plate of condiments (guacamole!!) on the side. Definitely enough for 2 meals. The grease and salt is always a little hard to digest, but the taste is oh sooo good. One side comment: would love to see a wider selection of draft beers, especially local brews.Special Features:
- Very off nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014We have dined here many times, this night, was horrible, Service was very slow, food took forever and it seemed like everyone around us was experiencing some issue. We heard others around us complaining amongst their tables. It took 3 or 4 reminders to grab my drink from the bar. First they were out of fajitas, then they weren't. The manager was running food at one point so there appeared to be an issue of some sort that we were not told about. It took about 20-30 min for our chips and salsa once we sat. I dine out a lot and rarely do I ever complain, but the whole experience this time, was not good or pleasant. The only plus was we sat immediately due to the reservation. We sat at 7:15, left at 9. Generally we are in and out of this place.
- Good food, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Food was surprisingly good. Restaurant looked worn out and dirty. The vinyl in our booth was so worn and cracked that it ruined my pants. That kind of stuff should just NEVER happen in a restaurant like Cantina. There were tortilla chip pieces all over the floor -- literally everywhere -- and the place just looked old, worn out, and dirty. Our waiter was totally lost -- very nice, but not very good. Water was rarely refilled, we had to ask over and over for everything we needed, and we were disappointed by the overall experience. Probably won't go back, at least not to the Rae Road location.
- Our server was awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our server, Javier, was amazing! He recommended great dishes. His personality was so friendly and helpful. My mom had a great birthday dinner here! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Our go-to place. Love dining with Javier as our server!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Restraunt was clean and had good decor that created a nice mexican food restraunt feeling. Sat at a table that was cramped directly next to other patrons. Too close for my taste. Table was a little sticky like it was not wiped down thoroughly. Food was GREAT! Waitress messed our bill up and we had to sort it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican foodTonyDined on 8/16/2014One of the best Mexican restaurants around. Reasonably priced and very diverse menu options. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumseefoodeatitDined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent. The salmon I had was delicious. Also the guacamole made right at the table is the best I've had. Good place to take a date. The service could have been a little better, but overall was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhillUrwinkDined on 8/16/2014First off, we had a reservation through OpenTable which they denied having until I showed them the confirmation email. Then when we did get a table we ordered two simple appetizers. The guacamole which was made at the table by a rushed and not very friendly individual which turned out so salty no one could eat it. The second was the fancy cheese sauce which showed up cold with chunks of onion so large you couldn't even dip anything in the bowl. We received 3 tortillas for this sauce which would have been fine except there were 5 of us. It only went downhill from here - service was incredibly slow, had to ask for items multiple times, and the food was in impressive.Special Features:
- Nice spot for special occasionsHenriDined on 8/15/2014We have been to Cantina 1511 several times, usually for birthday celebrations. The food is always excellent. They had changed the menu since the last time we were there, so that was a good surprise. They are always so gracious to provide a complimentary birthday dessert. We had a waiter who had just started, and he was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePdemoreVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great food, awesome service and a fun time. My family and I really like Catina 1511Special Features:
- Great food, great service.GstiltnerDined on 8/1/2014I had chicken fajitas and my wife had BBQ pork - both were delicious, generous portions. Reasonably priced too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In Love with the QuesocantinablakeneyDined on 8/1/2014I brought my team hate for our managers going away party. We had a fantastic time. I ABSOLUTELY love the queso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DininggreatmexicanDined on 7/24/2014Always a delicious dining experience! Great service and inviting ambience.Special Features:
- Great Mex!LoveMexicanDined on 7/20/2014Terrific Mexican, great taco options. Try the pork tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JLR2Dined on 7/18/2014Too loud to enjoy. Chose to visit for the first time based on website and Google reviews, disappointed that the seating is so close to other parties. Might go back for lunch or with a large group but not another date night.
- Oceangirl3886Dined on 7/18/2014Cantina 1511 is our favorite Mexican restaurant to go to in Charlotte. They by far have the best guacamole we have ever had and their margaritas are excellent. We love to sit out on the patio to eat and they sometimes have live music. I would recommend their mushroom quesadilla, any of their tacos but especially the duck taco and their enchilada de pollo is incredible!Special Features:
- Good food, amazing salsaSBarnes8323Dined on 7/15/2014I love this place. The food is amazing and service is always well above par. I can't help but rave about their salsa as well. It is worth the visit if all you get to try is the salsa. I recommend trying Mexican barbecued pork... wonderful! For dessert, you have to get the Cuatro Leches cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteNanZVIPDined on 7/5/2014We love Cantina 1511 and it's a great place to go as a family. Our kids like that they can order their meals "their way" and the staff is very accommodating. My husband tried their burritos and I had the enchiladas de pollo and both were delicious. We love their guacamole that is made fresh as the table.Special Features:
- Great place to eatBh14Dined on 7/3/2014I absolutely love this restaurant. They make everything to order, so if you want something left out (I don't like onions, for example) they will leave it out no problem. The food is wonderful, service is great, and their queso is the best you'll ever taste!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free!KerriFDined on 6/28/2014I love Cantina beacuase they take good care of my Celiac (gluten free) husband. They bring him his own GF chips and make just about any entree with corn tortillas instead. He doesn't feel he is missing ANYTHING. they make it so easy. thank you!Special Features:
- Great food but slow servicechicaapprovedDined on 6/28/2014We called ahead and made a reservation so we did not have to wait. Half of our group arrived early so we went to the bar for drinks. The bartenders were very attentive, made great suggestions and served us quickly. Once we were seated at our table the speed of service changed greatly. Dinner for 4 people took 2 hours. We ordered drinks and we waited, drinks arrived, we waited for chips & salsa until we were ready to order then we waited for 20 minutes before the appetizers were served. We placed our dinner orders and 45 minutes later the food arrived. We ordered a 2nd round of drinks when dinner was served but we finished dinner before the drinks arrived. All in all the night was great, but don't expect to be served at the speed of sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for Gluten-FreeneedtoeatDined on 6/27/2014Great Service and excellent food! Also, being recently put on a gluten-free diet by my doctor I had several choices and it was really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TacoDinerDined on 6/27/2014Food was very good. A very nice selection of tacos and traditional Mexican food you expect in America. Had Dos XX Amber on tap, mmmmm!. Service was very good. Pricing was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delivers quality!TastyDined on 6/21/2014I'm so glad we had reserved a table because they were busy as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodDateNight23Dined on 6/21/2014Great place to take my parents from Fla. except the service was not good at all!Special Features:
- SmileyDined on 6/21/2014Excellent spot for the whole family or for a date night. The food is always outstanding, especially the "made-to-order" guacamole and the fajitas. Their patio is a great spot for dining outdoors. Dining at Cantina 1511 is always a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good saladeatoutDined on 6/21/2014I had a salad with chicken on it. The chicken was dry and hard to chew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter no interestedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014Our waiter was not very attentive. Two people ordered meals than contained avocado and requested it be left out. Husband orders his meal with NO mushrooms. Two meals came with the avacodo and husbands WITH mushrooms. He apparently can't hear. He did seem a little abrupt. But the food was good and always is.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014This restaurant is so delicious. The primary guacamole appetizer is the best in town. All the enters are fabulous. And well priced. Thanks for another delicious meal and pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/20/2014Only been there twice but the nachos are probably the best thing on the menu. The house Margaritas are not all that great
- SangriaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014The Sangria is great. I enjoyed the tortilla soup and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/18/2014Always has the best service and staff. Food is excellent and great for families.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!carolinagirlDined on 6/17/2014Great food! We always enjoy Cantina 1511. Love that we can make reservations through Open Table and avoid the wait.Special Features:
- Fathers day lunchFathersDayLunch14Dined on 6/15/2014Out of what my husband ordered, found out wayyy later, had to ask multiple times for salsa, not spicy salsa, and ranch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting FriendsToshibaBearDined on 6/14/2014Made memorable time with visiting friends to Charlotte even more memorable...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it's beenJustmythoughtsDined on 6/14/2014The service was really really slow. The server was not very attentive and the restaurant is starting to look a little run down. The wall next to our table had chipped paint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.