Canoe Restaurant and Bar
66 Wellington Street West
54th Floor TD Bank Tower
Toronto, ON M5K 1H6Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ContinentalPrice: CAN$51 and over
Canoe Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/Canoe.aspx
- Phone: (416) 364-0054
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45- 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: John Horne
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Bay and Wellington Streets
- Public Transit: King and Bay
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated parking is available after 5:30pm. Parking is available in the Toronto Dominion Centre at 66 Wellington St. W. It is the TD Centre parking lot, situated on the North side of Wellington, before York St.
A word from Canoe Restaurant and Bar
Critically acclaimed to be among Canada’s best restaurants, Canoe's unique location high atop the TD Bank Tower affords a breathtaking view of the city and Lake Ontario. The design, originally conceptualized by noted designers Yabu Pushelberg and most recently refreshed by Anacleto Design, is clean and simple, yet absolutely stylish - a brilliant reflection of Canada's rich raw environment. That same brilliance is captured through the flavours and textures of Chef John Horne's inspired regional Canadian cuisine. The menu showcases the freshest and finest Canadian fish, game and produce, as well as an outstanding selection of Canadian vintages. "All that is Canadian defines Canoe." Florence Fabricant, The New York TimesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Canoe Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Canoe Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
292 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (254)special occasion (225)fit for foodies (166)romantic (156)notable wine list (108)hot spot (67)good for groups (57)great for lunch (52)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (23)neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Mixed FeelingsKMP1VIPDined on 11/20/2014We were a table of 5 with my wife and I taking out 3 of my clients. The view was spectacular and the room looked amazing. The service was pretty good, but not outstanding: took a long time for our drinks to come and then we waited noticeably for our mains. The oysters and ceviche were both excellent. The mains were a disappointment for me and my wife. I had the pork which was overcooked and underseasoned. My wife had the lamb which was so tough it was almost inedible. The 3 clients said they were very happy with their mains. The standard is set very high for Canoe and I have had superb meals in the past. On this occasion, the bar was not met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get together with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014Had a wonderful dinner with friends! Food and service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I have expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2014First time visit. Based on my friends' previous experiences I didn't expect a lot, but I always wanted to try this place. Unfortunately, my experience was exactly as they described - small menu, good quality food and lack of service. Probably a good place for business events (because of the location), or for tourists (because of the view). But there a plenty of other great restaurants in the city that offer you much better experience. Sorry.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Always look forward to a meal at canoe as it offers scrumptious food that cannot be found elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaboeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014The food was excellent and the service impeccable. Our waiter took special care of one of our guests who had particular dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Ambiance and Dinner, perfect date nightcookieDined on 11/14/2014The food was providing a 'wow' factors with every bite!! The breath taking view was second only to the amazing service staff...I really wasn't expecting such a great experience, but it was all around great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ! Had a wonderful time.HappycustDined on 11/13/2014Staff was wonderful. In my reservation I requested a table with a view and I believe I got the best in the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/12/2014When booking, I had asked for a window table. Repeated the request when I got there. Was told there was none available. Sat and stared at an empty table at the window through the entire evening. Irritating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnertippysippyDined on 11/7/2014Had a good time at Canoe. Nice view, good food, good wine, great service. Would come back again.Special Features:
- OkayHungrySailorVIPDined on 11/7/2014This is my second time at Canoe and somehow, I remember it being better. It's been a few years between visits but I expected more. The ambiance was rather noisy and it was a little difficult to hold a conversation. Service was okay again but not stellar. For the price of the meals and wines, I really hoped for tablecloths. To me, it makes a big difference and would have helped to hold down the noise level. Food again, was ok. My guest seemed to enjoy herself (thankfully) but I was a bit disappointed. The lamb I ordered was rather tough and I ended up not finishing it. All in all... It was okay. It will likely be another few years before I return.Special Features:
- Food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The lamb I had was tough and difficult to eat and therefore not an enjoyable entreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treat for a birthdayHappyDined on 11/6/2014Somewhere to go for a treat. A little too noisy for my liking, but this is the usual in a modern big restaurant. Enjoyed the food,just enough.Special Features:
- Birthday surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014We went to the Canoe Restaurant for the first time to cerebrate my boyfriends birthday. The food was excellent and some of the dishes had such unique flavours. The staff and chef were also very accommodating to my vegetarian diet. Great place, great view, we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Noiser than ExpectedVinceDined on 11/4/2014There was some sort of function going on so it seemed like service may have been slower than usual. Restaurant was much noisier than expected, but most likely due to the event. Skin on cornish hen was very salty but meat was good. Steak was underwhelming while the onion soup, and dessert were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 24acatDined on 11/4/2014Tastiest food we may have ever experienced and we have eaten out for manyyyyyyy years! Great ariel view of Toronto harbour, Island and Banking district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food, View & ServiceJohnAndBethDined on 11/3/2014Took a client to Canoe for dinner. Everyone was wowed by the awesome food (I had the best pork dish of my life), view of Toronto from the 54th floor and the service.Special Features:
- Glorious Food, Superb ServiceFoodMaven13Dined on 10/31/2014Canoe has been one of the true gems of Toronto fine dining for many years now. It defies the general rule that a restaurant with a great view cannot be bothered to serve great food. When I travel from Michigan, I try to visit Canoe at least once a year, and it never disappoints. The food is amazingly creative and brilliantly executed. Flavor combinations and food stuffs are always surprising, unique, unusual, yet there is never a mis-step. Everything the chef puts on the plate becomes part of a complimentary whole. I love the focus on Canadian product and solid selection of Canadian wines. And every server I've had has been knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, and gracious. If you want a perfect intro to Toronto dining, eat hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view, excellent serviceSouthFLfoodiesDined on 10/29/2014Priceless view of entire city and CN Tower. Service was excellent and attentive. We enjoyed fabulous creative dishes. Great for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing once again!CitydwellersDined on 10/28/2014We have visited this restaurant several times and always found it to be outstanding! This visit was no exception. Apart from the amazing view, sublime service, heavenly food and attention to detail, this restaurant has a very talented team of people running the show! Although all the food is very special, the one item I keep going back for is the St. Honore cheese from Quebec. My all time favourite end to a fantastic meal, with a glass of port of course. In one word this place is in my opinion outstanding and we shall return at every possible opportunity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canoe ReviewItsmetaphorfoolDined on 10/24/2014We had received the worst seat at the restaurant-near the cash till , and the sun was shining right on my face. I could not enjoy my food and it was absolutely heated and terrible. For the food itself, I would rate it a 4.5/10 (Strip Loin Steak, and Lamb Lasagna) Also, the waiter who served us had a very unpleasant (stuck up) attitude and expression- as if he did not want to serve us. However the hostess were very welcoming. Lastly, the view was probably the only good thing about the restaurant. Overall the experience was not as satisfying as I had expected. With that said, I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- What an introduction to Toronto!macnycVIPDined on 10/22/2014We had our first-ever meal in Toronto here, and now we've set the bar very high! We had a wonderful meal in a wonderful setting, featuring many local ingredients, including 2 fantastic Canadian red wines. The food was beautifully presented and the service professional and relaxed. This is definitely a special-occasion destination and one for whenever the budget allows. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Delightful!TheWholeTruthDined on 10/21/2014We hadn't been there in years, but had the opportunity to invite someone special from Kelowna, who, though raised in TO, had never been to Canoe. We were not disappointed! We loved the service - our waiter, Sarah, was superb - the food was exquisite, and the ambiance, though a tad loud, was near-perfect. Our guest had mentioned coming to his colleagues that day, and he was looking forward to it as they all gave great reviews. He was more than satisfied with the reviews, and the restaurant. We all will come again, she we are in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantLG599Dined on 10/20/2014Had a fantastic dinner at Canoe with my wife for our anniversary. Couldn't find anything that dissatisfied. The food, service, ambiance, were all exceptional. Will definitely visit again. Highly recommend for special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go again!wannabegourmetDined on 10/20/2014Salmon was delicious! Definitely good for special events. Price point is above average but worth it! Foggy day for us but the view would have been amazing otherwise!Special Features:
- Lovely lunchMR416Dined on 10/20/2014Thanks again to everyone who made my 'long lunch' with out of town relatives very special. Service and food were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticGlonineDined on 10/17/2014We love the restaurant the food was delicious with excellent service. The chef were very proffestional and took care of our special requirement for that occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantBurnsFoodiesDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I dined at Canoe for a late lunch before going to watch a Curque du Soliel show. The view was over looking the island airport and the service and food was spectacular. Dining here's is pricey but for a special night out without the kids it was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes!!MizzVizzDined on 10/17/2014The service was so outstanding I'm still wondering if they mistook me for a food critic. Or someone famous. Or royalty. The food is so good it is to be enjoyed with closed eyes. Absolutely delicious! I had a creamy lobster bisque and a decadent tourtière with a side of sweet bacon chutney. Bacon chutney people!!! And I finished with the butter tarte, a beautiful and surprisingly tasty number. The smoked vanilla cream decoration could stand out as a dessert on its own. The view of Toronto from Canoe is breathtaking, but if you want a real show, ask if a kitchen front seat is available. It's quite noisy, but as spectacular as a game of hockey! And if you're lucky, the chef might bring you a little treat. What a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseVail77VIPDined on 10/16/2014It was our first time here and for Toronto, I was impressed with the level of service that we experienced at Canoe. The staff was attentive and friendly, the wait staff were knowledgeable, smart and funny; and the food was just absolutely delicious! Thank you for a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreeeeezingHelenDined on 10/9/2014Unfortunately the thing that I will remember most clearly is that the restaurant was freezing cold. I actually ate with my coat draped over my shoulder. The waiter was powerless because the temp was controlled from somewhere 54 floors down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing But The BestjonathancgbrightDined on 10/9/2014There's literally nothing bad that we can say about this restaurant. We try to be as close to "regulars" as we can get (within our limited budget!), but we had never before tried any of Chef Horne's exquisite tasting menus. This season's menu goes by the name of "Taste Ontario" and is, without question, one of the best meals I've ever had. In addition, we were lucky enough to have chosen one of the clearest nights in recent memory, as the view from our (perfectly located) window table included the lights of St. Catharines, Niagara Falls and, 153 kilometres away, Rochester NY: an absolutely sublime view across the lake. Finally, Michael (our server for several visits to Canoe) and Imogen (the new manager!) were an absolute delight. Thanks!Special Features:
- Bailing water at CanoeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014Our server was pleasant but cool. After being served water, we had to prompt him to order a bottle of wine. Everyone ordered the taste of Ontario option. Three of the courses were served communal, but no serving utensils supplied. When the final course was presented (homemade doughnuts) we didn't even have side plates. For the main, my husband and I chose the fish - walleye (pickerel). My husband's was perfect, but mine was overcooked. Our daughter had the steak - very nice. It was our daughter's 21st birthday- and a special effort to commemorate was made with the dessert. I found the dessert itself (cream cheese/yogurt mousse)to be quite bland and disappointing. Our daughter, however (culinary grad) was very impressed with the entire mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The food and service were absolutely terrific. Great atmosphere for entertaining clients.Special Features:
- Once in a lifetime was enoughBettyDined on 10/8/2014The menu was interesting and the entrees were delicious. We had a very fine waiter. But, in general, this place does not live up to its billing. The fact that we had a reservation of some duration seemed to make no difference in terms of where we were seated. Futher, reception was rude--not appreciated since we arrived from out of a cold windstorm. The general layout was ok and at least the tables were not close together so you could have a conversation. But--if you do not get a window, the view is mostly of extremely casually dressed diners. We had an excellent entree but the soup and desserts were definitely so-so. Very tasteless martini with dried=up olives in my case but my friend said her scotch was fine.Special Features:
- Wonderful view, exceptional foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/6/2014We went with the tasting menu and were very happy we did. Everything was superb including our waiter and staff. Of course, you can't beat the view from the 54th floor! Very nice evening....Special Features:
- Top NotchMigCoteDined on 10/3/2014Service level was up to premier standards, but the courtesy of the staff was beyond expectations. They know how to cater to all walks of life. We had our 10 and 11 year old with us and they adapted their approach in a manner that engaged not only the adults but even moreso the kids. Our children felt like they belonged here and could really have fun and fully engage in the dinning experience. Canoe topped it off with a visit of the Kitchen in full swing of things - Absolutelly amazing standards and process. They immersed us from start to send off. Staff, ambiance team and overall atmosphere was stellar... Beyond being professional and passionate about food and the culinary arts, these people trully enjoy their work and it shows !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time goer for wife's 30th bdayEricDined on 10/2/2014This was our first time at Canoe and our experience far exceeded our expectations. The food, the ambiance, and especially the service made this a magical night for my wife and I.Special Features:
- great place and great service.bobbyDined on 10/1/2014The food served was amazingly good. The staff were very friendly. Nice ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was awesome!Awesome5dinnerDined on 9/29/2014My friends and I enjoyed our dinner at the Canoe restaurant. Everything was at its best! The service was polite and attentive, the dishes were beautifully decorated and the taste was delicious. Thanks The Chef. Atmosphere was favorable for relax and enjoyment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodTOdinerDined on 9/29/2014Service and food exceeded my expectations. Definitely lived up to its great reputation. The Raw bar starter was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.