Canoe Restaurant and Bar
66 Wellington Street West
54th Floor TD Bank Tower
Toronto, ON M5K 1H6Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ContinentalPrice: CAN$51 and over
Canoe Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/Canoe.aspx
- Phone: 4163640054x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45- 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: John Horne
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Bay and Wellington Streets
- Public Transit: King and Bay
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated parking is available after 5:30pm. Parking is available in the Toronto Dominion Centre at 66 Wellington St. W. It is the TD Centre parking lot, situated on the North side of Wellington, before York St.
A word from Canoe Restaurant and Bar
Critically acclaimed to be among Canada’s best restaurants, Canoe's unique location high atop the TD Bank Tower affords a breathtaking view of the city and Lake Ontario. The design, originally conceptualized by noted designers Yabu Pushelberg and most recently refreshed by Anacleto Design, is clean and simple, yet absolutely stylish - a brilliant reflection of Canada's rich raw environment. That same brilliance is captured through the flavours and textures of Chef John Horne's inspired regional Canadian cuisine. The menu showcases the freshest and finest Canadian fish, game and produce, as well as an outstanding selection of Canadian vintages. "All that is Canadian defines Canoe." Florence Fabricant, The New York TimesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Canoe Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Canoe Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (239)special occasion (208)fit for foodies (166)romantic (156)notable wine list (108)hot spot (64)good for groups (54)great for lunch (52)vibrant bar scene (22)neighborhood gem (21)late-night find (19)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- What an introduction to Toronto!macnycVIPDined on 10/22/2014We had our first-ever meal in Toronto here, and now we've set the bar very high! We had a wonderful meal in a wonderful setting, featuring many local ingredients, including 2 fantastic Canadian red wines. The food was beautifully presented and the service professional and relaxed. This is definitely a special-occasion destination and one for whenever the budget allows. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We hadn't been there in years, but had the opportunity to invite someone special from Kelowna, who, though raised in TO, had never been to Canoe. We were not disappointed! We loved the service - our waiter, Sarah, was superb - the food was exquisite, and the ambiance, though a tad loud, was near-perfect. Our guest had mentioned coming to his colleagues that day, and he was looking forward to it as they all gave great reviews. He was more than satisfied with the reviews, and the restaurant. We all will come again, she we are in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Had a fantastic dinner at Canoe with my wife for our anniversary. Couldn't find anything that dissatisfied. The food, service, ambiance, were all exceptional. Will definitely visit again. Highly recommend for special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go again!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014Salmon was delicious! Definitely good for special events. Price point is above average but worth it! Foggy day for us but the view would have been amazing otherwise!Special Features:
- Lovely lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Thanks again to everyone who made my 'long lunch' with out of town relatives very special. Service and food were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticGlonineDined on 10/17/2014We love the restaurant the food was delicious with excellent service. The chef were very proffestional and took care of our special requirement for that occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantBurnsFoodiesDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I dined at Canoe for a late lunch before going to watch a Curque du Soliel show. The view was over looking the island airport and the service and food was spectacular. Dining here's is pricey but for a special night out without the kids it was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes!!MizzVizzDined on 10/17/2014The service was so outstanding I'm still wondering if they mistook me for a food critic. Or someone famous. Or royalty. The food is so good it is to be enjoyed with closed eyes. Absolutely delicious! I had a creamy lobster bisque and a decadent tourtière with a side of sweet bacon chutney. Bacon chutney people!!! And I finished with the butter tarte, a beautiful and surprisingly tasty number. The smoked vanilla cream decoration could stand out as a dessert on its own. The view of Toronto from Canoe is breathtaking, but if you want a real show, ask if a kitchen front seat is available. It's quite noisy, but as spectacular as a game of hockey! And if you're lucky, the chef might bring you a little treat. What a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseVail77VIPDined on 10/16/2014It was our first time here and for Toronto, I was impressed with the level of service that we experienced at Canoe. The staff was attentive and friendly, the wait staff were knowledgeable, smart and funny; and the food was just absolutely delicious! Thank you for a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreeeeezingHelenDined on 10/9/2014Unfortunately the thing that I will remember most clearly is that the restaurant was freezing cold. I actually ate with my coat draped over my shoulder. The waiter was powerless because the temp was controlled from somewhere 54 floors down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing But The BestjonathancgbrightDined on 10/9/2014There's literally nothing bad that we can say about this restaurant. We try to be as close to "regulars" as we can get (within our limited budget!), but we had never before tried any of Chef Horne's exquisite tasting menus. This season's menu goes by the name of "Taste Ontario" and is, without question, one of the best meals I've ever had. In addition, we were lucky enough to have chosen one of the clearest nights in recent memory, as the view from our (perfectly located) window table included the lights of St. Catharines, Niagara Falls and, 153 kilometres away, Rochester NY: an absolutely sublime view across the lake. Finally, Michael (our server for several visits to Canoe) and Imogen (the new manager!) were an absolute delight. Thanks!Special Features:
- Bailing water at CanoeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014Our server was pleasant but cool. After being served water, we had to prompt him to order a bottle of wine. Everyone ordered the taste of Ontario option. Three of the courses were served communal, but no serving utensils supplied. When the final course was presented (homemade doughnuts) we didn't even have side plates. For the main, my husband and I chose the fish - walleye (pickerel). My husband's was perfect, but mine was overcooked. Our daughter had the steak - very nice. It was our daughter's 21st birthday- and a special effort to commemorate was made with the dessert. I found the dessert itself (cream cheese/yogurt mousse)to be quite bland and disappointing. Our daughter, however (culinary grad) was very impressed with the entire mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The food and service were absolutely terrific. Great atmosphere for entertaining clients.Special Features:
- Once in a lifetime was enoughBettyDined on 10/8/2014The menu was interesting and the entrees were delicious. We had a very fine waiter. But, in general, this place does not live up to its billing. The fact that we had a reservation of some duration seemed to make no difference in terms of where we were seated. Futher, reception was rude--not appreciated since we arrived from out of a cold windstorm. The general layout was ok and at least the tables were not close together so you could have a conversation. But--if you do not get a window, the view is mostly of extremely casually dressed diners. We had an excellent entree but the soup and desserts were definitely so-so. Very tasteless martini with dried=up olives in my case but my friend said her scotch was fine.Special Features:
- Wonderful view, exceptional foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/6/2014We went with the tasting menu and were very happy we did. Everything was superb including our waiter and staff. Of course, you can't beat the view from the 54th floor! Very nice evening....Special Features:
- Top NotchMigCoteDined on 10/3/2014Service level was up to premier standards, but the courtesy of the staff was beyond expectations. They know how to cater to all walks of life. We had our 10 and 11 year old with us and they adapted their approach in a manner that engaged not only the adults but even moreso the kids. Our children felt like they belonged here and could really have fun and fully engage in the dinning experience. Canoe topped it off with a visit of the Kitchen in full swing of things - Absolutelly amazing standards and process. They immersed us from start to send off. Staff, ambiance team and overall atmosphere was stellar... Beyond being professional and passionate about food and the culinary arts, these people trully enjoy their work and it shows !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time goer for wife's 30th bdayEricDined on 10/2/2014This was our first time at Canoe and our experience far exceeded our expectations. The food, the ambiance, and especially the service made this a magical night for my wife and I.Special Features:
- great place and great service.bobbyDined on 10/1/2014The food served was amazingly good. The staff were very friendly. Nice ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was awesome!Awesome5dinnerDined on 9/29/2014My friends and I enjoyed our dinner at the Canoe restaurant. Everything was at its best! The service was polite and attentive, the dishes were beautifully decorated and the taste was delicious. Thanks The Chef. Atmosphere was favorable for relax and enjoyment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodTOdinerDined on 9/29/2014Service and food exceeded my expectations. Definitely lived up to its great reputation. The Raw bar starter was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite food, panoramic viewDanielaDined on 9/29/2014We had a 3-course dinner - entrée, main and dessert - cocktails to start with and Rioja red wine throughout the dinner. Every course was exquisite in taste and presentation; our waiter anticipated quite well our next wishes. And all this in a very relaxing setting and basically surrounded by the beautiful panoramic view of Toronto at sunset and by night. I may even go back... and soon.Special Features:
- Nice view - can improve on tasteReynaldaDined on 9/29/2014We enjoyed the view and the good service since we had a special occassion to celebrate. We ordered a whole cake to present to the celebrant and was later served indiually very nicely and very much enjoyed it. However, Canoe can improve on the menu and the taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Plus.Sauce23VIPDined on 9/26/2014I have been to the truly great restaurants of the world, le Bernardin, Per Se, La Gavroche, Alinea, and the like. Canoe Restaurant belongs in that class. Just magnificent from welcome through check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceFoodNut101Dined on 9/25/2014Food was outstanding. Wine Pairings were great. I had the Land and Sea - Pork Cheeks and Halibut. The pork cheeks were great. The halibut was good, it had some type of breading on it, was very crispy but was not expecting it to be breaded. Had Oysters as an appetizer and the recommended pairing was Champagne or Prosecco. I opted for the Prosecco which was a good choice. Pinot Noir from Ontario was paired with the Land and Sea meal, also a good choice. The view was spectacular. All in all was a very good experience, I will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Great honeymoon dinnermichzDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I were in town on our honeymoon and dinner was very good. The manager checked on how everything was and found out we were on our honeymoon. We did not order dessert but she brought out a special dessert with sparkling wine. It made our night, thanks Canoe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmandsDined on 9/22/2014This restaurant is amazing!!!! Everything is absolutely perfect. We will go back for sure. ginette guévin et patrice brunet, québecSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceJonInTorontoDined on 9/19/2014The title says it all. From the warm greeters at the entrance to the care taken by the table bussers. The service, atmosphere, food, and amazing view from the 54th floor, make the Canoe an experience I will never forget. The attention by all the staff including a table-side stop by the manager to check up on our evening made such an impression. My fiancee and I like to take our time and enjoy our appetizers, and as soon as we'd finished the plates disappeared and our main courses arrived, without any prompting or visible checking by the staff. The quality of the food and the art in the combination of flavors that was achieved is truly next level. I cant wait for our next occasion to go back.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceLittleTDined on 9/19/2014We have eaten at a lot of fantastic restaurants and this is definitely on the top of the list. The views are spectacular, the service was top notch and every course was delicious. The chef is very creative.Special Features:
- Excellent!KurtDined on 9/19/2014Truly exceptional service by our waiter, Adam, even though we showed up a half-hour late. We had the tasting menu and they made special dishes for the two vegetarians in our group who also have a couple of allergies. All the food was off-the-charts delicious and the wine pairings they provided were just right. The pacing of the meal was also terrific.Special Features:
- Really good!!KathyDined on 9/18/2014The food is amazing, the view so beautiful! We had a really great service, everyone was so nice to us! Can't wait to come back in Toronto to go there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014From the view, to the service, to the food - it was spectacular!!!! Can't wait to go back. Amazing.Special Features:
- The food looked and tasted great!DFP22Dined on 9/17/2014I love my food. It's great to enjoy an appetizer, main and desert in the same sitting. The quality, look, smell and taste of the food was phenomenal. Hats of to the chef and kitchen staff. To be honest, when I received my plates, it looked so visually appealing, I didn't want to eat it. All I can say is "I will be coming back, WOW".Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationhappycoupleDined on 9/16/2014We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Canoe. Extra special touches: complimentary champagne to start and "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate on our dessert plates! Attentive wait staff and friendly sommelier. Amazing view from our table enhanced our evening. Taste Ontario menu and wine pairings were memorable. Highly recommended for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night to RememberWillBeBackDined on 9/15/2014I celebrated my anniversary at Canoe restaurant, and I couldn't be more satisfied. I made a special request to have a window seat for the occasion. Not only did they fulfill my request, several servers come to wish us a happy anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemarkablegreekfoodgeekDined on 9/12/2014As always, Canoe restaurant never fails to impress. The service is attentive without being intrusive, and the meal was wonderful. I've never had such exquisite onion soup (I stated to our server that I wanted to kiss the cook). Don't be fooled by the seemingly small sized portions, I was too full for desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectaculargtmoDined on 9/12/2014Our visit to the Canoe was absolutely phenomenal. We thoroughly enjoyed the taste of ontario tastings menu, and the view was breathtaking! The serving staff were extremely friendly, and even accommodated a couple special requests! We will be back soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceAlig72VIPDined on 9/10/2014Thank you to our server at Canoe. Wonderful, warm and full of great knowledge.Special Features:
- Great place, good food.littlechickgroupDined on 9/10/2014Very nice place, with view of downtown Toronto. Food and service are excellent. Enjoy very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, aloof serviceTinoDined on 9/8/2014I've been to Canoe many times and the food is always terrific. It was a special occaision and the pastry chef did not dissappoint. The waiter was not as attentive as he could have been, didn't even introduce himself. I felt like we were a burden. At one point I had to serve myself our wine which isn't a big deal but it just didn't seem right. Once dinner was over and the dessert was brought over it he didn't offer us tea or coffee it seemed like he couldn't get rid of us soon enough. When it came to pay he processed our $100 gift card first then our Credit card for the balance, he made sure to point out the CC total did not include the gift card (to make sure he got his total tip I imagine). Bottom line: could have been a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but to loud to relaxluv2havefunDined on 9/8/2014Very good food but people were very loud because of Kitchen noise was so much. There should be some separation from the kitchen area to seating area. It felt like you are eating in the kitchen.Special Features: