Canoe Restaurant and Bar
66 Wellington Street West
54th Floor TD Bank Tower
Toronto, ON M5K 1H6Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ContinentalPrice: CAN$51 and over
Canoe Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/Canoe.aspx
- Phone: (416) 364-0054
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45- 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: John Horne
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Bay and Wellington Streets
- Public Transit: King and Bay
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated parking is available after 5:30pm. Parking is available in the Toronto Dominion Centre at 66 Wellington St. W. It is the TD Centre parking lot, situated on the North side of Wellington, before York St.
A word from Canoe Restaurant and Bar
Critically acclaimed to be among Canada’s best restaurants, Canoe's unique location high atop the TD Bank Tower affords a breathtaking view of the city and Lake Ontario. The design, originally conceptualized by noted designers Yabu Pushelberg and most recently refreshed by Anacleto Design, is clean and simple, yet absolutely stylish - a brilliant reflection of Canada's rich raw environment. That same brilliance is captured through the flavours and textures of Chef John Horne's inspired regional Canadian cuisine. The menu showcases the freshest and finest Canadian fish, game and produce, as well as an outstanding selection of Canadian vintages. "All that is Canadian defines Canoe." Florence Fabricant, The New York TimesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Canoe Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Canoe Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
295 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (256)special occasion (226)fit for foodies (169)romantic (159)notable wine list (109)hot spot (68)good for groups (60)great for lunch (53)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (22)neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (11)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- WonderfulBandCfoodiecplDined on 8/15/2014Great wine list, fantastic service - and unbeatable views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time year after yearOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I dine at Canoe every summer when we come up to Toronto. The food, service and ambience are always fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!HebaDined on 8/15/2014Great food and amazing atmosphere! The Chef made sure halal meat was available when we requested it and made us a special dish when we requested the halal lamb.Special Features:
- EnjoyableJohnDoeDined on 8/14/2014On top of TD tower, and that is all that it is to it. Not much of a view. Very busy, tables to close. Toula was betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniverseryRAN1Dined on 8/14/2014Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the very nice greeting as it was our anniversary but being stuck at the bar for 30-45 min waiting for our table when reservation were made was a little disorganized. Overall they try to make u feel welcome and try to accommodate all wishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative, refreshing great viewDanielDined on 8/14/2014We had dinner at Canoe for our anniversary and had a wonderful, unforgettable experience. The menu has a limited number of items, but very interesting choices, highlighting fresh, canadian products. The way they are prepared is quite innovative ( e.g. The foie gras, the lamb ) in terms of flavour combination and superbly done. Service is outstanding waiters and someliers are friendly, attentive and knowledgeable (one exception was the server who brought us our cheese plate, but did not know anything about the cheeses on the plate).Special Features:
- ChazVIPDined on 8/13/2014This is an extraordinary restaurant with a fresh take on each dish and each ingredient. Breathtakingly expensive, even for a New Yorker----especially the wines. This is a personal reaction----it's not relaxing. The vibe seemed tense. I'm sure others will disagree but that was my feeling. It is however quite an experience to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canoe lunchrecretireDined on 8/13/2014Always perfect - excellent food and service. You go to Canoe knowing that you will have an exceptional meal and terrific service. It is the norm and certainly not the exception. Highly recommend Canoe for any occasion - you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding.caltemDined on 8/11/2014The executive chef of my restaurant recommended this restaurant to me and I am thrilled he did so. My friend and I only get to see each other a few times a year so we try to get the "full food experience" when we are in town-- canoe delivered. The service and food were both out of this world. I usually find that fine dining restaurants lack in dessert and it was almost better than the meal. We had 3 dozen oysters, venison, meat a potatoes and the tart and torte for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014we had a wonderful time at canoe restaurant. the food was great and our server was fantastic! they paid special attention that we were celebrating a birthday.Special Features:
- Awesome service and view!BearTracker87Dined on 8/8/2014Food portions were small but tasty. Love the quality Canadian wines on menu. Romantic spot for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceToma53Dined on 8/7/2014First visit to Canoe was impressive. Not a single complaint or criticism. From the moment we arrived until we left, everything was 5 star perfect. Attending wait staff could not have been more pleasant - dinner was amazing. Amazing lamb dish, blue char, wild mushroom soup and desserts were all fabulous. Delivery and presentation-impeccable. Service was timely and not at all rushed. Would recommend to all for dinner or at least special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Toronto MustAthena66Dined on 8/6/2014We were visiting & wanted a place with views & fine service with a fantastic dinner experience - Conoe delivered! I can't imagine anyone disappointed with any aspect of the location, food & A+ service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday eveningDRAGONLADYDined on 8/5/2014It was a special evening celebrating my wife's 65th birthday. Enjoyed the evening from the great seating, appetizers,mains, dessert and special appetizer sent from chefs Walsh and Horne.A truly wonderful evening!Special Features:
- One of the finest restuaranttable42Dined on 7/30/2014This place was highly recommended by friends so the gf and I decided to give this a try for our special occasion. I'm a big oysters fan and they did not disappoint with their east and west coast selection. The lamb I ordered was one of the best lamb I ever had. Inside was medium well and crispy on the outside. Paired very well with their strawberry sauce. I can see ourselves going back. Service was great, mood was right and a great view.Special Features:
- Thank you.odangoDined on 7/29/2014That was my first time to go there and my boyfriend and I had a great food with great view. However, one thing that I was disappointed, that is when I made a reservation, I put it is our anniversary dinner, but there was not any anniversary message on the dessert plate. I thought it is nice restaurant and it's great for special occasions but actually wasn't really special...Special Features:
- Worth traveling over 3,500 kmSoCalGeofVIPDined on 7/29/2014Canoe is my favorite restaurant in the world. I live in the Los Angeles area and recently visited family in upstate New York and Indiana. I hadn't been to Toronto in a while, and this gave me an opportunity to plan one night in the city during the trip. The first thing I did was book my reservation at Canoe. We were blessed with a table next to the windows with a view of the CN Tower and lake--I highly recommend you request a window-side table with your reservation. I follow Canoe on Facebook and was thrilled that several of the dishes we were served with the Taste Maritimes menu had been featured in their posts. Overall, Canoe hits a trifecta of inventive and amazingly-delicious food, impeccable service and a spectacular view.Special Features:
- what a treatalwaysbusinessDined on 7/25/2014I took my husband to Canoe to celebrate our anniversary. It was a fabulous evening. We had an amazing view of the harbour that got better as the sun went down. Service was wonderful and the food was quite spectacular. They even brought us lovely chocolate treats as an anniversary gift. They made our evening very special.Special Features:
- always good and always reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/25/2014another fine meal at Canoe. its been a few months (hard to get into on short notice) and the fixed course menu had changed to a "Maritimes" theme. As always, presentation and preparation were creative and skilled. Cooking was also to a high standard (as you would expect for Canoe). not that keen on the Baked Clam dish but the rest of the courses were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing beats the view from CanoeTaradiseDined on 7/25/2014Great restaurant in the financial district. The food and service is always reliable and the view is gorgeous. I love that they incorporate a Canadian aspect into all of their dishes and use local Canadian ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pay-for-viewbifurcationVIPDined on 7/24/2014Let's face it, you're paying for the view here. The food is OK, "fine dining" quality, but there were some serious missteps, like overcooked venison. If you're looking for a foodie night out, I suggest going elsewhere. But for a decent meal and a nice view, Canoe is fine.Special Features:
- not repeatablecurmudgeonDined on 7/24/2014nice view of the lake. clearly a place to see and be seen. not a place for foodies who graze fine dining around the world. the food was uninspiring and often overcooked. the service was embarrassing. we did get a couple of reasonable wines. really disappointed, an evening wasted. toronto has *much* better food.Special Features:
- The following 1807 reviews are from the Canoe Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- Loved itTeamBCDined on 7/23/2014Treated my significant other to a birthday dinner. The chef made 2 extraordinary birthday dishes in addition to our wonderful meals. Well worth it for the experience and fine diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best service/view and presentationboflexDined on 7/21/2014Went to Canoe after just getting married (very small and intimate ceremony). Had a notation in the reservation about having a romantic spot available. Not only did me and my wife get the most scenic/romantic view of the city but we received the best service ever. From the hostesses, to the manager, to multiple servers and the chef, everyone gave us their best regards and congratulations on our wedding. Food presentation was impeccable and the quality of the ingredients is very noticeable. We will always go back to Canoe and recommend to all our friends. Our server, Brendan, was the friendliest and most knowledgeable waiter we have ever encountered, not to mention the amazing customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The service was amazing, our waiter was friendly and attended to our ever request as best he could. The scenic view was breath taking and definitely a reason to spend a little more for dinner. Overall, the ambiance and service was unbelievly fantastic! Hospitality at its best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Had an unforgettable romantic night at Canoe. The wine pairings were spectacular, the view was breath taking, and the food was outstanding. Would highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2014Food was excellent, particularly like the seafood platter.Special Features:
- Wonderful as usualfoodieDined on 7/2/2014Canoe has consistent superb food, service and atmosphere. Our party of 5 all had different items and they were all excellent, - delicious and beautifully presented. It is always a treat to go there. with out of town guests, the view of the sunset over Toronto was spectacular. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Tasting menu at CanoeBeenThereAteThatDined on 6/30/2014My husband and I had the tasting menu with wine pairings. It was lovely - all of the courses were great (with the exception of dessert, which was sort of a lemon trifle, but that's just me...I've never been into wet cake). It's a beautiful place, with a stunning view and awesome - friendly, informative, unobtrusive - service. Definitely a place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014We were visiting Toronto to celebrate a birthday and wedding anniversary and a friend recommended Canoe instead of the CN Tower. (We had been to the CN Tower before and had a great night with an amazing view) Although the view in Canoe is not as spectacular and the room does not rotate as it does in the tower, we were lucky enough to be given a window seat and it was still breathtaking. We watched an amazing sunset while enjoying a fantastic meal. The service was exceptional and half the time you barely noticed someone had been over to top up your water etc. I would highly recommend Canoe, especially for that "special occasion"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatSusieRDined on 6/27/2014We had not been to Canoe in several years and were not sure how it would compare to previous experiences (all wonderful). We went for lunch and everything was perfect; food, service, ambiance. We waited at the bar for a few minutes so we could have a window table with a spectacular view. We have gluten and dairy allergies, and they easily accommodated our needs. Our delightful server learned that it was our anniversary and for dessert they sent out meringue cookies with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on the platter.Special Features:
- Lived up to my expectationilovesapporoDined on 6/27/2014Finally had an opportunity to go to "Canoe" restaurant. My daughter and I took a friend visiting from Japan. It was truly "lived up to my expectations!"" The food was excellent and the spectacular view looking out over CN tower and Lake Ontario. The service was one of the best in Canada.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerNatnatDined on 6/26/2014Had my birthday dinner at Canoe last month, the food and services are outstanding. However, it's a little bit noisy there!Special Features:
- The Best!SkooumQuietwalkerDined on 6/26/2014Fantastic place to eat after our wedding. We were treated like royalty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection at 31 storiesInLuvRDined on 6/25/2014Service was outstanding. Food was perfection. Wine pairings were 100%. View was beautiful. Really can't say anything critical of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canoe RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Outstanding service and intriguing menu. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014One of the most scenic restaurants we've been to. Must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurantUniversalJVIPDined on 6/23/2014This is my favourite restaurant in Toronto. The food is always fantastic, and the service makes the experience memorable. Try the wine pairings with your meal - they're perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Lunch at CanoeMelissaDined on 6/23/2014This was my second time visiting Canoe, first time for dinner and I absolutely loved it! The service was terrific and the atmosphere completely changes in comparison to during the evening. Had a excellent server and the food was terrific. Definitely will be returning sometime soon.Special Features:
- Go for the view, stay for the foodDougMVIPDined on 6/20/2014I've always had a beverage with friends at Canoe when I'm visiting Toronto. This time I decided to try eating there. Wow, I didn't realize what I was missing out on. The service is incredible and the food even more so. An incredible view does not hurt either! PS - the drinks are amazing as well - thanks Monica!Special Features: