Canoe Restaurant and Bar
66 Wellington Street West
54th Floor TD Bank Tower
Toronto, ON M5K 1H6Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ContinentalPrice: CAN$51 and over
Canoe Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/Canoe.aspx
- Phone: 4163640054x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45- 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: John Horne
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Bay and Wellington Streets
- Public Transit: King and Bay
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated parking is available after 5:30pm. Parking is available in the Toronto Dominion Centre at 66 Wellington St. W. It is the TD Centre parking lot, situated on the North side of Wellington, before York St.
A word from Canoe Restaurant and Bar
Critically acclaimed to be among Canada’s best restaurants, Canoe's unique location high atop the TD Bank Tower affords a breathtaking view of the city and Lake Ontario. The design, originally conceptualized by noted designers Yabu Pushelberg and most recently refreshed by Anacleto Design, is clean and simple, yet absolutely stylish - a brilliant reflection of Canada's rich raw environment. That same brilliance is captured through the flavours and textures of Chef John Horne's inspired regional Canadian cuisine. The menu showcases the freshest and finest Canadian fish, game and produce, as well as an outstanding selection of Canadian vintages. "All that is Canadian defines Canoe." Florence Fabricant, The New York TimesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Canoe Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Canoe Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
263 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (227)special occasion (206)romantic (149)fit for foodies (145)notable wine list (95)hot spot (52)great for lunch (50)good for groups (40)vibrant bar scene (24)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (16)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The title says it all. From the warm greeters at the entrance to the care taken by the table bussers. The service, atmosphere, food, and amazing view from the 54th floor, make the Canoe an experience I will never forget. The attention by all the staff including a table-side stop by the manager to check up on our evening made such an impression. My fiancee and I like to take our time and enjoy our appetizers, and as soon as we'd finished the plates disappeared and our main courses arrived, without any prompting or visible checking by the staff. The quality of the food and the art in the combination of flavors that was achieved is truly next level. I cant wait for our next occasion to go back.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceLittleTDined on 9/19/2014We have eaten at a lot of fantastic restaurants and this is definitely on the top of the list. The views are spectacular, the service was top notch and every course was delicious. The chef is very creative.Special Features:
- Excellent!KurtDined on 9/19/2014Truly exceptional service by our waiter, Adam, even though we showed up a half-hour late. We had the tasting menu and they made special dishes for the two vegetarians in our group who also have a couple of allergies. All the food was off-the-charts delicious and the wine pairings they provided were just right. The pacing of the meal was also terrific.Special Features:
- Really good!!KathyDined on 9/18/2014The food is amazing, the view so beautiful! We had a really great service, everyone was so nice to us! Can't wait to come back in Toronto to go there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food looked and tasted great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014I love my food. It's great to enjoy an appetizer, main and desert in the same sitting. The quality, look, smell and taste of the food was phenomenal. Hats of to the chef and kitchen staff. To be honest, when I received my plates, it looked so visually appealing, I didn't want to eat it. All I can say is "I will be coming back, WOW".Special Features:
- Night to RememberWillBeBackDined on 9/15/2014I celebrated my anniversary at Canoe restaurant, and I couldn't be more satisfied. I made a special request to have a window seat for the occasion. Not only did they fulfill my request, several servers come to wish us a happy anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectaculargtmoDined on 9/12/2014Our visit to the Canoe was absolutely phenomenal. We thoroughly enjoyed the taste of ontario tastings menu, and the view was breathtaking! The serving staff were extremely friendly, and even accommodated a couple special requests! We will be back soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceAlig72VIPDined on 9/10/2014Thank you to our server at Canoe. Wonderful, warm and full of great knowledge.Special Features:
- Great place, good food.littlechickgroupDined on 9/10/2014Very nice place, with view of downtown Toronto. Food and service are excellent. Enjoy very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, aloof serviceTinoDined on 9/8/2014I've been to Canoe many times and the food is always terrific. It was a special occaision and the pastry chef did not dissappoint. The waiter was not as attentive as he could have been, didn't even introduce himself. I felt like we were a burden. At one point I had to serve myself our wine which isn't a big deal but it just didn't seem right. Once dinner was over and the dessert was brought over it he didn't offer us tea or coffee it seemed like he couldn't get rid of us soon enough. When it came to pay he processed our $100 gift card first then our Credit card for the balance, he made sure to point out the CC total did not include the gift card (to make sure he got his total tip I imagine). Bottom line: could have been a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but to loud to relaxluv2havefunDined on 9/8/2014Very good food but people were very loud because of Kitchen noise was so much. There should be some separation from the kitchen area to seating area. It felt like you are eating in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Paddle your own CanoeCanoeDined on 9/5/2014Went there for my 32nd birthday. Worth every penny. As the evening became night, a storm rolled in. Lightning struck the CN Tower several times in a flash of white brilliance. It was an unbelievable sight to see at that level. An awesome light show, just for me. I will never forget that.Special Features:
- Worth it!xenawarrioreaterDined on 9/5/2014I took my Mother out for her birthday at Canoe the other day. My friend who had wonderful taste said it was his favorite restaurant in Toronto. I reserved in advance and mentioned it was her birthday and asked for a special table if possible. We arrived and right away the pleasant maitre d' said happy birthday to her. Great start to an amazing time. Wish I could write more here but can't so will just say that every morsel was delicious. Some good, but more great, and a few even divine. And dear Lord those truffles! The view was spectacular, and the wait staff was perfect. We saw the lights come on in the city and then a glorious storm came in for dinner entertainment. Worth every penny! Thank you Canoe for a memorable evening!Special Features:
- First TimeFood4EverDined on 9/5/2014As a family, we wanted to celebrate several 'new beginnings' ... school, dance studio, job. This was our first time at Canoe and also the first time taking our daughters (age 12 and 13) somewhere really extravagant. The dinner was a hit for all ... from presentation, service, and taste :) The only challenge ... Canoe has set the bar very high for my girls. Thanks for a wonderful first experience.Special Features:
- great mealChrisK9Dined on 9/5/2014The view was amazing, the service is unbelievable. Everyone there was kind explained each dish they serve you and we're always checking on us to see if we were alright. It is a pricey place 2 main course and a few drinks was about 200, so not somewhere I would go weekly but for a special occasion I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/4/2014We couldn't have picked a better spot to celebrate the end of my husband's PhD. Food, service, view, everything was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We had a delicious meal. However, the ambiance was not good. There was loud, bland, techno music playing throughout the meal, and the tables are so big that you have to shout to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantjosuetovarDined on 8/27/2014Great place for special occasions! Totally recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwayssci06Dined on 8/27/2014Went for our anniversary and treated ourselves to the tasting menu - it definitely did not disappoint. Exquisite food that you just cannot find elsewhere. The Wild Rabbit Agnolotti was a clear high point - I could eat that every night. Looking forward to being able to go back already!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceSnailButtyDined on 8/27/2014My partner and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at Canoe. The view was gorgeous, the food was presented in a beautiful way and was tasty, and the service was great - we felt like 5 people were serving us at once without 'hovering' over us. Would certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best choices in TorontojfcBIDined on 8/26/2014We went to Canoe for a wedding anniversary. Our experience was superb. The staff was very professional - they were friendly but not egregiously so, and helpful. The views are wonderful (ask for a south-facing table) - it is on the 54th floor. The food was superb - the Quebec foie gras, St. Canut Pork and the Tea Smoke Duck were excellent. The wine list is a bit limited but workable. It is not a cozy restaurant as the main feature of the restaurant's design consists of windows overlooking the city and lake - but there is pleasant feel to it. Special occasions or simply an excellent meal - Canoe is a very good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but too noisieLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food and service was great as usual....but too many people with cameras taking pictures overhead while we ate. Noise level was very high and kids running around...did not make for a romantic dinner out!Special Features:
- WOW What a Viewnana63Dined on 8/26/2014From the moment we stepped off the elevator our visit at the Canoe Restaurant and Bar was wonderful. We were cheerfully greeted, wine, food and service..... we couldn't ask for better and that breath taking view WOW. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Toronto. We'll be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We came for our 5 year wedding anniversary and everything was perfection. Our server/bar tender couldn't have been more lovely. Everything was perfect. Even the entire management staff check in and helped us celebrate our special eve. Canoe is the best and I highly recommend it and will be back to celebrate many more occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/21/2014A fine lunch with the best view in Toronto. Oysters to start, liver and onions, and a shared dessert. All very well done and served nicely in the lunch hour rush. But at $150--with 2 glasses of wine--a bit overpriced even for high-end restos.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best spots aroundAres0324Dined on 8/20/2014One of the best views of the city combined with outstanding service and topped off with a perfect meal. Add in a surprise of fresh on site baked gluten free corn bread insured everyone was taken care of. Would recommend to everyone for a casual lunch or special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a romantic dinnerAwesomDined on 8/19/2014I found the food to be pretty amazing. What impressed me more, though, was the quality of service. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. They are there to answer all of your questions and check up on you quite often. They are also pretty friendly and start up casual conversation when you're alone at the table, waiting for your partner to come back from the restroom.Special Features:
- Great view, food less soFortheloveoffoodDined on 8/19/2014When I read online how Canoe advertises itself with not only the fabulous views but also fabulous food, my expectations were high. They were obviously too high with respect to the food. The BC oysters were "off" (the PEI ones were great). The lamb ribs were tough with virtually no meat on the bone; basically, the sauce was all you could eat. However, there were some redeeming qualities: the sword fish special with its accoutrements was very good (but even when something is seared rare, it should still arrive at my plate hot - not lukewarm); the desserts were a symphony of flavours; and the wine was amazing. Our server was excellent and so were the views.Special Features:
- DisappointedMrPigDined on 8/18/2014Most disappointing visit. Low-light: Oysters served on a bed of melted ice. Shucked oyster slid off shell into water when served. 3/6 oysters had chipped shells in them. Halibut was very fishy. High-light: Duck was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great celebration!!!DineRightDined on 8/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our 40th Anniversary. We started with the amazing seafood platter. We enjoyed lamb and beef as our main courses, followed by desserts and coffees. The food was beautifully plated, and equally delicious. The waiter was very personable, as well as helpful in offering suggestions for drinks, and answering questions. The view of the lake and the city was incredible! What a wonderful celebration! Thanks Canoe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular viewlove4foodVIPDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful evening, Just being able to look out SPECTACULAR, The food was very good and delicious, attentive and helpful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guaranteed good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I went for a friend's graduation/birthday and this was the perfect restaurant. If you're celebrating a special occasion, there are few restaurants in Toronto that are this special! Spectacular view, highly intelligent food and warm, attentive and knowledgeable staff. Our server Jeremy was amazing, he met the unbelievably high expectations we had when going in to this restaurant. Obviously, the food was outstanding and the tasting dinner was a wonderful experience that some of my guests haven't had before. Yes, the bill was substantial at the end of the night, but for a special occasion, it was worth every penny!Special Features:
- WonderfulBandCfoodiecplDined on 8/15/2014Great wine list, fantastic service - and unbeatable views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time year after yearOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I dine at Canoe every summer when we come up to Toronto. The food, service and ambience are always fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!HebaDined on 8/15/2014Great food and amazing atmosphere! The Chef made sure halal meat was available when we requested it and made us a special dish when we requested the halal lamb.Special Features:
- EnjoyableJohnDoeDined on 8/14/2014On top of TD tower, and that is all that it is to it. Not much of a view. Very busy, tables to close. Toula was betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniverseryRAN1Dined on 8/14/2014Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the very nice greeting as it was our anniversary but being stuck at the bar for 30-45 min waiting for our table when reservation were made was a little disorganized. Overall they try to make u feel welcome and try to accommodate all wishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative, refreshing great viewDanielDined on 8/14/2014We had dinner at Canoe for our anniversary and had a wonderful, unforgettable experience. The menu has a limited number of items, but very interesting choices, highlighting fresh, canadian products. The way they are prepared is quite innovative ( e.g. The foie gras, the lamb ) in terms of flavour combination and superbly done. Service is outstanding waiters and someliers are friendly, attentive and knowledgeable (one exception was the server who brought us our cheese plate, but did not know anything about the cheeses on the plate).Special Features:
- ChazVIPDined on 8/13/2014This is an extraordinary restaurant with a fresh take on each dish and each ingredient. Breathtakingly expensive, even for a New Yorker----especially the wines. This is a personal reaction----it's not relaxing. The vibe seemed tense. I'm sure others will disagree but that was my feeling. It is however quite an experience to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canoe lunchrecretireDined on 8/13/2014Always perfect - excellent food and service. You go to Canoe knowing that you will have an exceptional meal and terrific service. It is the norm and certainly not the exception. Highly recommend Canoe for any occasion - you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.