Cannons Seafood Grill
34344 Street of the Green Lantern
Dana Point, CA 92629Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Cannons Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cannonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9494966146
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Happy Hour Daily 4:30pm - 6:30pm
We are open for Weddings/Special Events/Corporate Events:
Monday - Sunday 7:00am to 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Omar Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Proudly offering outside catering. Please contact Cannons for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Cannons Seafood Grill is a perfect setting for an elegant wedding, draw dropping ceremony, fabulous rehearsal dinner, corporate event, holiday party or any other type of special event. Overlooking Dana Point Harbor and the sparkling blue Pacific we will make your special day, very special indeed. With our consecutive five year Award Winning staff and chef our menus will delight both you and your guests, and our friendly, professional staff will cater to your every need. Choose from our beautiful terraces perched cliff side, which can accommodate up to 300 guests, or our ocean view indoor banquet rooms, for 20 to 100 guests. Dance under the stars, drink, dine and let us take care of everything else. We look forward to having the opportunity of being part of your special day.
- Private Party Contact: Liz Mahler 9494436173
- Special Events: Wedding Receptions, Wedding Ceremony, Rehearsal Dinners, Corporate Events, Holiday Parties or any other type of Special Event you are planning Cannons Seafood Grill is the place to be! From our spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and Southern California Coastline to our consecutive five year Award Winning staff and cuisine you will be swept away to enjoy your special day. We can accommodate anywhere from 10 up to 300 guests perched on our terraces overlooking the magnificent Dana Point Harbor and Pacific Ocean, or our glass walled private rooms. Say "I Do" with a beautiful natural backdrop, dance under the stars and let us take care of you and your guests. Please contact Liz Mahler, Director of Events, for more information.
A word from Cannons Seafood Grill
Cannons Seafood Grill offers magnificent views of the Pacific Ocean from our one-of-a-kind hillside terrace overlooking Dana Point Harbor. Cannons Seafood Grill has been delighting our customers for over forty years. We are open for dinner seven days a week, serving Happy Hour from 4:30pm to 6:30pm daily. Cannons is the perfect setting to say 'I Do'. Accommodating 10 - 300 guests for our special events, weddings receptions, wedding ceremonies, rehearsal dinners, corporate events, holiday parties, and elegant banquets. Cannons unique and excellent food, friendly staff, and unmatched setting will make your visit a memorable one...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Cannons Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Dana Point ›
Cannons Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (91)special occasion (59)romantic (56)great for outdoor dining (48)neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (17)great for brunch (14)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Romantic view of the harbor, incredible menu, perfect for impressing the date. We will return during the day for a different view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticscenicDined on 10/18/2014Celebrated my wedding anniversary. ...great food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The View, not the FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Paying for the view. Service was good, but the Staff didn't seem to like being there. Food was marginal for the price and was not light - plenty of cream, butter, oil, and sugar. Not really "heart healthy." Would I recommend Cannons to a friend? Only for the view. Better bet is to enjoy the view and have a drink, then dine elsewhere.Special Features:
- not up to pardatakompDined on 10/14/2014the food was not properly cooked. the waitress spent a lot of time socializing with one customer.
- Food was good but it was emptyCarmen19Dined on 10/3/2014I took my friend to dinner on a Friday night for her birthday. I had been there once before in the summer and sat outside which was nice. This time there was a wedding going on outside so we couldn't go outside and sat inside instead. The food was good, a little over priced. The place was empty for a Friday night at 7:00 p.m. What's happened?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it waspeggymackVIPDined on 10/2/2014The view at Cannons cannot be beat and the servers have always been excellent. However, the food has really gone down hill. Although the food has never been the main feature of Cannons, it was always dependable. The chef has changed the menu, and raised the prices and the results are not good. We ordered the pasta with Day Boat Scallops but rather than with the lobster sauce, we had it with capers and white wine. We ordered a Caesar salad to start. The Caesar salad never arrived. There was so much garlic in the pasta it was inedible. The scallops were tasteless (except for the garlic). The waitress took it back and offered us something else. We ordered the prime rib sandwich which was o.k. They took the scallops off the bill.Special Features:
- Cannon's--lovely locationCMMTHVIPDined on 9/30/2014We had a very nice meal. Server was helpful, pleasant, efficient. The view--well, that's the primary reason to go--was spectacular. Food was fine--not excellent, not bad. If you're in the vicinity, this is a beautiful place to enjoy a good meal and an even better view.Special Features:
- Good But not impressiveOknotimpressedDined on 9/27/2014One of the first things that gave me an indication was when the hostess after seating us brought silver ware (since there was none down) and placed it, at times with her fingers on the eating end of the fork, spoon or knife where the place was opposite her or farthest away. I would expect a hostess, although this is not her primary job, to know how to do that even being taught how to do it at home. That right away put a dim view on what to expect. My son, whose 5th wedding anniversary it was, ordered the prime rib to see if a previous review was accurate about it not coming with the appropriate crusting as advertised, which it did not. The food was basically good besides the 2 items mentioned.Special Features:
- Great View!!!jeffDined on 9/27/2014The view is the best part about Cannons. The food is good. They were very busy the Saturday night we were there. Service was good considering how busy they were. It was a great evening out.Special Features:
- dallasDined on 9/26/2014Fantastic view and that is all. Mahi Mahi old and fishy; sword fish better but far from good. Service: the server showed up to pick us the order then never came to the table until we were ready to pay the bill. Never, Never we will go back or recommend the restaurant!Special Features:
- NormNormDined on 9/26/2014View is unbelieveal,service was great, food was great, but menus could be improvedo on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceNiceRestaurantDined on 9/24/2014I wrote a long very positive review on the response to a no show notice. I was there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingDelightedVIPDined on 9/24/2014Consistently good. Relaxing and beautiful environment and view. Lovely service and consistently terrific food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New lookLoReeDined on 9/23/2014This is an old favorite of ours, but it needs a facelift. The view is spectacular and the food is very good, however the service was very slow that night. The sauce on my Filet Oscar was awesome, but the filet itself was not medium as ordered, it was medium well. Our server was great, but the kitchen was slow. Over all a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Will be BackMik2UDined on 9/20/2014I have seen the reviews good and bad- for my wife and I it was a pleasurable experience. I had the seafood skewers and my wife the free range chicken--both were excellent. The coconut shrimp appetizer was a little over cooked. The cocktails for me were great as they actually had some booze in them. The view was great. The waitress went out of her way to make sure we got good seatsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- babsDined on 9/19/2014Our server, Will, was awesome---I appreciated that I could order just what I wanted exactly how I liked cooked---so nice to have a restaurant do that nowadays and have a server so astute to your needs :)Special Features:
- Great view, OK foodLindaVIPDined on 9/15/2014You cannot get a view much better than this! Food is OK - good, but not great. But if you are up for ok food and great view of Dana Point Harbor, this is the place!Special Features:
- Totally Awesome ExperienceBWLuvitDined on 9/13/2014New owners have allowed the great personality of years past to continue to flow. Taking a date or a lovely wife for an experience befitting a Queen..!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014First thing, that made me think of leaving was, that they only had valet parking. We were given a choice of the table, but it seemed only because we made a reservation. I did not find food worth coming backSpecial Features:
- Have more than a viewBlacksmithDined on 9/5/2014Great server, loud and obnoxious atmosphere. Food was adequate, best sauce on my filet ever. The restaurant smells like an old wooden ship and very outdated decor. The view is great and that is all the restaurant has in its favor. So I will go back for outside dining only and appetizers and dessert.Special Features:
- Enjoyed View and DinnerSandyDined on 9/5/2014Of course, the view is why you go here -- but the food is good too. On the day we were there, our Server was friendly, recommended favorites, didn't rush us, and even brought a special dessert for one of us with a birthday. We had very good jerk salmon salad, king crab salad with avocado, and coconut shrimp. Also a few rounds of drinks and refills. No complaints. We are locals and usually take visitors to Cannon's when they are in town. Their reaction is always the same: What A View!! And then they enjoy the dinner too.Special Features:
- BrianLove2eatDined on 9/1/2014Great view and great food made for the special dinner I was looking for on last night of vacation. Macadamia encrusted swordfish was unique and outstanding and grilled mahi was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and GREAT serviceAmanda518Dined on 8/29/2014My husband and I visited Cannons to celebrate our recent relocation to the area. In my Open Table res, I specified the reason for our (first) visit and we would like a table either outdoors/with a view. When we arrived, we were seated at a table on the 2nd level indoors, overlooking tables right next to the windows. While every table indoors has a view, it would have been nice had a window table been set aside for our first trip. We ordered crab beignets & they were delicious - I recommend them. I ordered the Skuna Salmon and my husband got the filet. Both came with scalloped potatoes and grilled vegetables. The salmon and steak were amazing, & veggies/potatoes were good. We took a (very small) slice of cheesecake home. Service was superb!Special Features:
- Our favMariDined on 8/27/2014We live nearby and this is by far our favorite restaurant. The food, the staff, and the amazing view all make it the perfect dining experience. Whenever out if town guest are in town. We mske sure to take them here. A+++ on all counts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not so hotfoodnotsohotDined on 8/23/2014Now I remember why, even though we live in the area, we don't frequent here - the food's not that great. The soup special of the day, Lobster Bisque, was an outrage. Although the actual crab in the Crab Louie salad I received for an entree was delightfully delicious, it didn't really matter, the puny and miniscule presentation of the entree was too disappointing to get over. I get it, you can't give people too much crab because you just wouldn't make enough money, but what about lettuce?! Lastly, not getting bread and butter quickly, up front and right away, is a pet peeve of mine. Let the bus boys do it, it's not rocket science! Lots of other great places to eat in our area. Won't be back anytime soon. :-(Special Features:
- FishVIPDined on 8/18/2014Good food and a wonderful view if Dania Point. Reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantfoodpursuitDined on 8/18/2014I chose the restaurant for it's food and view. I couldn't have been more pleased. What a great place to relax and enjoy not only the food, but the spectacular view of the harbor and the ocean. I will definitely come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHBSunshineDined on 8/12/2014We have been to cannons starting in 1988. It just progressively gotten worse. Service was terrible. Took forever to get everything from appetizers drinks and dinner. It use to be a nice fancy restaurant on the patio and now it's loud and caters to younger families. We felt so over dressed and paid too much for the ok dinner. Food wasn't hot :( great place for a quick drink and appetizers. The view is spectacular! !Special Features:
- Great View....but not the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Hard to pay $32 for an entrée and have it not be good. Food was not hot and nothing spectacular. For a $32 dollar an entrée I expected more. Rice tastes like it comes from a box. And, my daughter who can not eat cheese and asked that it not be in her salad - got cheese in her salad. Being locals, we come here about once a year for the view and hope that they have improved their food. I guess we will keep hoping.Special Features:
- Amazing viewAnitaDined on 8/10/2014The food is good but not the best you've ever had. However, with a view like this it doesn't matter. It has one of the best views in OC. You could stay there for hours, just admiring the incredible view of Dana Point harbour and the endless Pacific Ocean. Also the service was good. Very friendly. We are definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014WOULD GO BACK IN A EYE BLINK. THE SEVICE. FOOD AND SCENIC VIEW WAS GREAT.Special Features:
- Location, Location, LocationIlliniDinerDined on 8/8/2014to be honest, the food is very good. Totally enjoyable and worth the price you pay (which is not cheap), but not the best I have ever had. But you just plain and simply can't beat the view. So many restaurants along the coast are on the other side of PCH, so you are close to the beach, but you can't see anything. Here, you have a magnificent view of the harbor, with sailboats and so on. Our waitress was excellent, and the service around her was great. Food was delivered timely, we never needed to flag her down or anything. If all you care about is getting the best possible meal you can get, not sure this is the place. But, if you are looking for the total package (ambience, service, view, good food, etc.) I highly recommend Cannon'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The view is the best feature. There was a wedding taking place on the patio so we couldn't sit outside and vacationing from the Midwest, this was a big disappointment. The lobster bisque was more of a cheese soup. The food was average (much better seafood other places). Two of us felt ill after the mahi mahi.Special Features:
- Nice place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/7/2014It was a nice place to eat and good food. However it took too long for us to be serviced. We had to ask a few people to serve us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try Long John Silver's InsteadDaleDined on 8/4/2014You can get better seafood at the local fishing bait store. No wonder the place was empty.
- PASS Bad service & overpriced menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014Food is delicious, but overpriced, even for the view. Dined on a Sunday evening, twice, 5 and 6 p.m. Service was terrible. Same server both times. Had to ASK for water, bread, and to place a cocktail order. Server was nowhere in sight - dining room was not even busy. The hostess was more attentive than server.Two hours later, had to ask for coffee and dessert menu-even though reservation indicated two wedding anniversary celebrations -- 36 years and 42 years. No refills on coffee offered, either! For the money, the view is NOT worth it!Special Features:
- Awesome dinnerhopkins1Dined on 8/2/2014Great view, awesome food. Calamari and mushroom starters to die for!Special Features:
- Outstanding viewPmacdVIPDined on 7/31/2014This place has a spectacular view of marina. The food is very good. I recommend this place.Special Features:
- Good Eats with a Great Harbor View!LovingOCDined on 7/27/2014The view is particularly great! Service was relatively prompt and pleasant. We had scallops (excellent) and Ahi Ahi (acceptable). The food was good but the prices were a little out of line with the presentation. I thought the meal lacked creativity.Special Features:
- The View is Worth the VisitFiFiVIPDined on 7/22/2014The view is the top reason for reserving a table on the outdoor terrace for a sunset dinner. While I was here for business, it was truly a special evening, relaxing after a hectic busy day in southern California. Make the short trip off the highway. The food was good, not exceptional, but the service could have been better with what appeared to be a high school summer waitress trying her best to remember the order. She wasn't able to describe any of the items I questioned or how the various fish dishes were prepared. Maybe she was trained and maybe not. Regardless of the service and the food, the overall experience was really outstanding because of the view of the Dana Point Marina and Pacific Ocean view going on for miles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.