Cannons Seafood Grill
34344 Street of the Green Lantern
Dana Point, CA 92629Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Cannons Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cannonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9494966146
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Happy Hour Daily 4:30pm - 6:30pm
We are open for Weddings/Special Events/Corporate Events:
Monday - Sunday 7:00am to 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Omar Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Proudly offering outside catering. Please contact Cannons for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Cannons Seafood Grill is a perfect setting for an elegant wedding, draw dropping ceremony, fabulous rehearsal dinner, corporate event, holiday party or any other type of special event. Overlooking Dana Point Harbor and the sparkling blue Pacific we will make your special day, very special indeed. With our consecutive five year Award Winning staff and chef our menus will delight both you and your guests, and our friendly, professional staff will cater to your every need. Choose from our beautiful terraces perched cliff side, which can accommodate up to 300 guests, or our ocean view indoor banquet rooms, for 20 to 100 guests. Dance under the stars, drink, dine and let us take care of everything else. We look forward to having the opportunity of being part of your special day.
- Private Party Contact: Liz Mahler 9494436173
- Special Events: Wedding Receptions, Wedding Ceremony, Rehearsal Dinners, Corporate Events, Holiday Parties or any other type of Special Event you are planning Cannons Seafood Grill is the place to be! From our spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and Southern California Coastline to our consecutive five year Award Winning staff and cuisine you will be swept away to enjoy your special day. We can accommodate anywhere from 10 up to 300 guests perched on our terraces overlooking the magnificent Dana Point Harbor and Pacific Ocean, or our glass walled private rooms. Say "I Do" with a beautiful natural backdrop, dance under the stars and let us take care of you and your guests. Please contact Liz Mahler, Director of Events, for more information.
A word from Cannons Seafood Grill
Cannons Seafood Grill offers magnificent views of the Pacific Ocean from our one-of-a-kind hillside terrace overlooking Dana Point Harbor. Cannons Seafood Grill has been delighting our customers for over forty years. We are open for dinner seven days a week, serving Happy Hour from 4:30pm to 6:30pm daily. Cannons is the perfect setting to say 'I Do'. Accommodating 10 - 300 guests for our special events, weddings receptions, wedding ceremonies, rehearsal dinners, corporate events, holiday parties, and elegant banquets. Cannons unique and excellent food, friendly staff, and unmatched setting will make your visit a memorable one...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Cannons Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Dana Point ›
Cannons Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (97)special occasion (58)romantic (56)great for outdoor dining (49)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (18)great for brunch (12)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great view, OK foodLindaVIPDined on 9/15/2014You cannot get a view much better than this! Food is OK - good, but not great. But if you are up for ok food and great view of Dana Point Harbor, this is the place!Special Features:
- Totally Awesome ExperienceBWLuvitDined on 9/13/2014New owners have allowed the great personality of years past to continue to flow. Taking a date or a lovely wife for an experience befitting a Queen..!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014First thing, that made me think of leaving was, that they only had valet parking. We were given a choice of the table, but it seemed only because we made a reservation. I did not find food worth coming backSpecial Features:
- Have more than a viewBlacksmithDined on 9/5/2014Great server, loud and obnoxious atmosphere. Food was adequate, best sauce on my filet ever. The restaurant smells like an old wooden ship and very outdated decor. The view is great and that is all the restaurant has in its favor. So I will go back for outside dining only and appetizers and dessert.Special Features:
- Enjoyed View and DinnerSandyDined on 9/5/2014Of course, the view is why you go here -- but the food is good too. On the day we were there, our Server was friendly, recommended favorites, didn't rush us, and even brought a special dessert for one of us with a birthday. We had very good jerk salmon salad, king crab salad with avocado, and coconut shrimp. Also a few rounds of drinks and refills. No complaints. We are locals and usually take visitors to Cannon's when they are in town. Their reaction is always the same: What A View!! And then they enjoy the dinner too.Special Features:
- BrianLove2eatDined on 9/1/2014Great view and great food made for the special dinner I was looking for on last night of vacation. Macadamia encrusted swordfish was unique and outstanding and grilled mahi was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and GREAT serviceAmanda518Dined on 8/29/2014My husband and I visited Cannons to celebrate our recent relocation to the area. In my Open Table res, I specified the reason for our (first) visit and we would like a table either outdoors/with a view. When we arrived, we were seated at a table on the 2nd level indoors, overlooking tables right next to the windows. While every table indoors has a view, it would have been nice had a window table been set aside for our first trip. We ordered crab beignets & they were delicious - I recommend them. I ordered the Skuna Salmon and my husband got the filet. Both came with scalloped potatoes and grilled vegetables. The salmon and steak were amazing, & veggies/potatoes were good. We took a (very small) slice of cheesecake home. Service was superb!Special Features:
- Our favMariDined on 8/27/2014We live nearby and this is by far our favorite restaurant. The food, the staff, and the amazing view all make it the perfect dining experience. Whenever out if town guest are in town. We mske sure to take them here. A+++ on all counts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not so hotfoodnotsohotDined on 8/23/2014Now I remember why, even though we live in the area, we don't frequent here - the food's not that great. The soup special of the day, Lobster Bisque, was an outrage. Although the actual crab in the Crab Louie salad I received for an entree was delightfully delicious, it didn't really matter, the puny and miniscule presentation of the entree was too disappointing to get over. I get it, you can't give people too much crab because you just wouldn't make enough money, but what about lettuce?! Lastly, not getting bread and butter quickly, up front and right away, is a pet peeve of mine. Let the bus boys do it, it's not rocket science! Lots of other great places to eat in our area. Won't be back anytime soon. :-(Special Features:
- FishVIPDined on 8/18/2014Good food and a wonderful view if Dania Point. Reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantfoodpursuitDined on 8/18/2014I chose the restaurant for it's food and view. I couldn't have been more pleased. What a great place to relax and enjoy not only the food, but the spectacular view of the harbor and the ocean. I will definitely come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHBSunshineDined on 8/12/2014We have been to cannons starting in 1988. It just progressively gotten worse. Service was terrible. Took forever to get everything from appetizers drinks and dinner. It use to be a nice fancy restaurant on the patio and now it's loud and caters to younger families. We felt so over dressed and paid too much for the ok dinner. Food wasn't hot :( great place for a quick drink and appetizers. The view is spectacular! !Special Features:
- Great View....but not the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Hard to pay $32 for an entrée and have it not be good. Food was not hot and nothing spectacular. For a $32 dollar an entrée I expected more. Rice tastes like it comes from a box. And, my daughter who can not eat cheese and asked that it not be in her salad - got cheese in her salad. Being locals, we come here about once a year for the view and hope that they have improved their food. I guess we will keep hoping.Special Features:
- Amazing viewAnitaDined on 8/10/2014The food is good but not the best you've ever had. However, with a view like this it doesn't matter. It has one of the best views in OC. You could stay there for hours, just admiring the incredible view of Dana Point harbour and the endless Pacific Ocean. Also the service was good. Very friendly. We are definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014WOULD GO BACK IN A EYE BLINK. THE SEVICE. FOOD AND SCENIC VIEW WAS GREAT.Special Features:
- Location, Location, LocationIlliniDinerDined on 8/8/2014to be honest, the food is very good. Totally enjoyable and worth the price you pay (which is not cheap), but not the best I have ever had. But you just plain and simply can't beat the view. So many restaurants along the coast are on the other side of PCH, so you are close to the beach, but you can't see anything. Here, you have a magnificent view of the harbor, with sailboats and so on. Our waitress was excellent, and the service around her was great. Food was delivered timely, we never needed to flag her down or anything. If all you care about is getting the best possible meal you can get, not sure this is the place. But, if you are looking for the total package (ambience, service, view, good food, etc.) I highly recommend Cannon'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The view is the best feature. There was a wedding taking place on the patio so we couldn't sit outside and vacationing from the Midwest, this was a big disappointment. The lobster bisque was more of a cheese soup. The food was average (much better seafood other places). Two of us felt ill after the mahi mahi.Special Features:
- Nice place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/7/2014It was a nice place to eat and good food. However it took too long for us to be serviced. We had to ask a few people to serve us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try Long John Silver's InsteadDaleDined on 8/4/2014You can get better seafood at the local fishing bait store. No wonder the place was empty.
- PASS Bad service & overpriced menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014Food is delicious, but overpriced, even for the view. Dined on a Sunday evening, twice, 5 and 6 p.m. Service was terrible. Same server both times. Had to ASK for water, bread, and to place a cocktail order. Server was nowhere in sight - dining room was not even busy. The hostess was more attentive than server.Two hours later, had to ask for coffee and dessert menu-even though reservation indicated two wedding anniversary celebrations -- 36 years and 42 years. No refills on coffee offered, either! For the money, the view is NOT worth it!Special Features:
- Awesome dinnerhopkins1Dined on 8/2/2014Great view, awesome food. Calamari and mushroom starters to die for!Special Features:
- Outstanding viewPmacdVIPDined on 7/31/2014This place has a spectacular view of marina. The food is very good. I recommend this place.Special Features:
- Good Eats with a Great Harbor View!LovingOCDined on 7/27/2014The view is particularly great! Service was relatively prompt and pleasant. We had scallops (excellent) and Ahi Ahi (acceptable). The food was good but the prices were a little out of line with the presentation. I thought the meal lacked creativity.Special Features:
- The View is Worth the VisitFiFiVIPDined on 7/22/2014The view is the top reason for reserving a table on the outdoor terrace for a sunset dinner. While I was here for business, it was truly a special evening, relaxing after a hectic busy day in southern California. Make the short trip off the highway. The food was good, not exceptional, but the service could have been better with what appeared to be a high school summer waitress trying her best to remember the order. She wasn't able to describe any of the items I questioned or how the various fish dishes were prepared. Maybe she was trained and maybe not. Regardless of the service and the food, the overall experience was really outstanding because of the view of the Dana Point Marina and Pacific Ocean view going on for miles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One to avoid...johnny2toneDined on 7/21/2014Unfortunately, the only bright spot of our evening experience was the view. From the first moment we sat down, we had to endure a loud table next to us, had two, separate waiters ask us if we had been helped yet, but at least we had a marvelous view of the bay. The food and service were both sub-par. The main courses, scallops over pasta (scallops were underdone and the pasta was drowned in sauce) and a filet mignon (no seasoning) were chain restaurant quality. We brought the issues to our waiter and he offered to comp desert, but we wanted to leave. No manager came by, our appetizer was comped, but the fact we paid a premium for that meal was disheartening at best. Cannons is truly a place that time forgot. Unless you go for the view...
- Anniversary DinnerphileeDined on 7/19/2014We've dined at Cannons numerous times and have never been disappointed. Last Saturday was not an exception. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExpierenceBiscuit13Dined on 7/19/2014We dined early and had the place to ourselves for part of the dinner. The view from the window side table was spectacular! The food was delicious and generous amounts were served. I had the Macadamia crusted Swordfish and it did not disappoint!! Wasn't crazy about the Sangria - prefer more of a wine taste accented with fruit.Special Features:
- Amazing ViewWknd4foodDined on 7/18/2014We had a beautiful spot out on the patio. Staff was great and super friendly. Clam Chowder was my favorite.Special Features:
- disappointedavdeaterDined on 7/17/2014it was our 10th anniversary so we returned to the restaurant where we had our wedding reception.....only to be disappointed! our waiter was gone for long periods at a time, so our drinks sat empty...the food was good at best, the veggies very cold when served. this is not the place it was! too bad........Special Features:
- Go for the view.savorerVIPDined on 7/13/2014We arrived at dusk and stayed until dark. The lights in the city and in the harbor made a magical display. The specialty Fish and Chips were excellent! But my Cioppino, although fresh and generous, came in a sauce very much like tomato soup - not spicy and flavorful. There is a large variety of choices on the menu, so I'll choose something else next time. One other disappointing thing is that when our waitress wrapped up the leftovers, she mistakenly identified them, so my friend and I ended up with with each other's food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteKimpozVIPDined on 7/12/2014We are never disappointed at Cannons. We love the staff, the food, the view.... Have been going there for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hardtopleaseDined on 7/12/2014The food is excellent and has nothing to envy to the magnificent view! The lobster bisque was a dream and the mahi mahi dish so flavorful! Prieces very reasonable and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Celebration SpecialMOfamilyfunDined on 7/9/2014I requested a scenic table since we were having a special family celebration, and I think we must've got the best seat in the house. Great food, lovely atmosphere, wonderful server (Will). We were there on a quiet evening mid-week, but we thoroughly enjoyed the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed experiencechandiegoVIPDined on 7/8/2014Let's start with the good. The view is amazing, and the cioppino delicious. Now the not as good: I had the crab salad, which had only a sprinkle of bland, tasteless crab. Basically we paid $19 for romaine with a peppercorn dressing that covered up any remote sense of crab. The service was very slow, and this was on a weeknight when it wasn't busy. People sitting at the table next to us handed their credit card over without reviewing the bill, because they tired of waiting. At one point I saw a couple standing at the front desk, asking to cancel their meal. They'd been sitting for over an hour, waiting for their food. Our wait was not as long, but we were in no hurry. If you go, keep your expectations low to moderate.Special Features:
- AwesomesatisfiedDined on 7/6/2014The place was beautiful, the weather was perfect and our server "Emma" was the perfect mix of attentive, fun, helpful and yet could sense when we just wanted to be alone and enjoy the view. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mr. PhillipsBigBoyPhillipsDined on 7/5/2014This was my second time to cannons. Fist time was for my 2 year anniversary with my girlfriend and this most recent time was our 4 year anniversary. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food tastes amazing, but what I found was the best both times was the service. They make you feel at home and it makes for a wonderful experience. Definitely would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best view and great serversmissydog02Dined on 7/3/2014It is a very relaxing atmosphere. Food was great. Staff really great. No charge to park. I would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so good twice in rowinconsistentDined on 7/3/2014Drinks warm and poorly made.....undrinkable. Had to ask for ice water after warm water delivered to table. Appetizer of sizzling mushrooms were hot but not cooked. Seafood medley was tasty but lukewarm (2nd time in a row!). Nice touch of complimentary cheesecake slice for our anniversary....but by that time we were ready to leave. Too bad because until the last 6 months this was one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Great view!IAgalDined on 7/3/2014Service was fantastic! Our server knew the menu very well and gave great suggestions! Food was very good and met our expectations. Great place for a special occasion celebration. Interior could use some updates, including restrooms, to easily be a five star for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sublime View!!luv2dineDined on 6/28/2014Cannons has the best view in SOC of the coastline. I'm never disappointed. We were celebrating our friends' anniversary, and they marked the occasion with a lovely dessert. The only problem was that our male friend's chicken was overcooked and dry. My seafood brochettes were excellent, as was my girlfriend's salad, and my husband's fish and chips.Special Features: