49 N. Village Ave
Rockville Centre, NY 11570Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cannonsblackthornli.com/
- Phone: (516) 594-1222
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sat - Sun Noon - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm -11:00pm
Closed Monday - Wednesday.
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Axell Urritia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please refer to our website for our catering menu.
- Private Party Facilities: You can enjoy a cozy private meal for up to eight people in one of our authentic Irish snugs. We have a separate dining area that can accommodate up to 65 people.
- Private Party Contact: Carlo Sciascia 5165941222
- Entertainment: Cannon's Blackthorn has Irish fireside sessions during the renowned Sunday Brunch. Musicians from as far away as Dublin bring their wares and whistles and play traditional Celtic music. You may even catch our local Irish step dancers on Sunday. On the weekends, you can enjoy the beats brought to you by DJ T and other popular guest DJs.
A word from Cannon's Blackthorn
Cannon's Blackthorn has continued to be Rockville Centre's favorite Irish-American restaurant, offering delicious, fresh Irish American dishes. Whether you dine in our comfortable dining area or have a drink at the bar you are sure to enjoy our food, drinks and lively atmosphere accompanied by authentic Irish décor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cannon's Blackthorn reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- SusanDined on 11/16/2014The entertainment starts at 1pm on Sundays and is WONDERFUL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 25 reviews are from the Cannon's Blackthorn reviews archive.
- European type pubLotusVIPDined on 7/24/2014Went to Blackthorn for lunch so it wasn't as crowded as it usually is. I ordered the Shepard's pie and my friend got a burger. Both meals were delicious. Prices are reasonable. Love the ambience, it feels like I'm in a pub in England or Scotland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to EatgingerbattosaiDined on 7/19/2014Though this places is considered an irish pub, ,the food isn't just your normal bar food. The menu consisted mostly of steak and seafood options with burgers and pub classics thrown in. The staff was very nice and eager to help. While we were there, there was a 50th birthday party going on, so the noise level was pretty high for half of our dinner. The décor was beautiful.Special Features:
- DisappointingkateDined on 5/3/2014Sat Down. Only one other group at a table besides a party group in the back. Plate on table was dirty! Waitress wouldn't give another as she said they were in the dishwasher. Yet, stacks of large plates could be seen. Hello, give us something! Asked three times for a glass for my beer.
- St Patrick's Night OutIrish1Dined on 3/17/2014Crazy crowds are what you might expect at an Irish pub/restaurant on St Patrick's Day, but Cannon's Blackthorn are pros. We were seated immediately for our 730p reservation and treated to live music along with the holiday menu. Great atmosphere, and service with a smile! Cannon's Blackthorn is a cut above the usual 'grubby pub' fare with a refreshing culinary twist on many selections. We enjoyed specialty egg rolls and potato croquettes for appetizers (corned beef & cabbage egg roll with spiced mustard, perfect), with perfectly drawn Guinness for all. Entrees were excellent including the cedar plank salmon, Dublin burger, beef stew (beautiful pewter bowl) and shepherd's pie. Great desserts: apple cobbler, rice pudding, bread pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff is always kind,kelbelDined on 3/17/2014The staff is always kind, considerate and friendly. Very kid friendly for meals. However, the food has taken a turn for the worse in the past two years.... They need to bring back their Ruben burger and add new items to the menu.
- afternoon delightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014W e had an enjoyable time at your restaurant and will revisit your establishment in the near future Best Regards , Dom AgateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlackthornLiladioDined on 12/31/2013Food and service was excellent. Restaurant was cold and the music way too loud and it wasn't as if they had a DJ blaring music. The place could be so much better if they had better management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer great, Food not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2013I've seen other reviews note the food is hit or miss, they are right. that said, I would go back for drinks.Special Features:
- Great girls night outbonnyblueDined on 8/22/2013Canon's Blackthorn was a great place for a girl's night out. Good cocktails and the food was delicious. The staff was courteous and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood pubSmoll3Dined on 8/10/2013Blackthorn was a great neighborhood pub. For a quick bite or a nice dinner out this place hits the spot. The corned beef and cabbage eggrolls are a refreshing twist. Great irish style food. Definitely recommend this place. Our waitress and the rest of the staff were pleasant and professional. Service was A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fish and ChipsToeKneeDined on 7/26/2013My wife, an F and C afficianado found this to be the best among many local pubs.Special Features:
- Not really that Irish but good foodBobbyslimkegsDined on 6/15/2013Food is good. Not many authentic Irish specialities but the food is good. Try the blue cheese potatoes and the skirt steak. Shrimp lollipops were good too. Bar has a nice selection of draft beers. Service was fast and attentive and the beer selection is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comes CloseTheCustomerDined on 6/7/2013Cannon's Blackthorn comes close to replicating an establishment on Temple Bar in Dublin. The only downside to that is those places are populated by tourists not Irishmen. They would do better to replicate Earley's Bar on Bridge Street in Sligo City. There the music is not so deafening that a conversation (craic) can actually take place. The decibel level of the music is the only downside to this establishment. The staff is friendly and attentive, the beer is cold and the food is as you would expect, pub grub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceConnieKKDined on 6/6/2013Something different and an enjoyable experience. food was good We ate in a private small room and would like to try a different cubby next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013Outstanding brunch with a great selection of delicious treats. My wife, my daughter and I all had a wonderful meal and a great time. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Open space with huge barBklyndinersDined on 5/12/2013This pub is a very well designed place with a great open space, a huge bar, a great back yard. The staff is friendly and fun and the girls are beautiful!Special Features:
- We enjoyed a great SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013We enjoyed a great Sunday brunch with full Irish breakfast that was absolutely delicious! We were the first ones there when they opened and more people came in soon after us. We got to enjoy the fiddler getting ready to play for a party which was an added treat.Special Features:
- For 2 or 52JimmyDined on 3/17/2013Had our wedding rehearsal dinner here, and go for brunch, dinner, and drinks often. Always a great time with food and service to match!Special Features:
- The appetizers were very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013The appetizers were very good. The service was good, bartenders are very friendly. I would go back again.Special Features:
- Good Irish FoodWSpivakDined on 2/14/2013Nice Irish Bar. Food was very good; they made a interesting Shepherd’s Pie which was quite good. They sat us by the fireplace which gave it a homey feel. We'll be back...Special Features:
- We sat next to the fireplaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012We sat next to the fireplace but it did very little to help warm us up. The food was salty and the waitress brought out our main course while we were eating our appetizer. She placed the main on the table although I asked her to give us another 5 minutes. We raced through the appetizer to get to the main course because we knew it was getting cold. By the time we made it to the entree, it was cold. The worst part of the entrees was the amount of salt. We had to order two pitchers of water with our main course. We did not finish the meal and left a marginal tip.
- Carlo was very helpful andMemamemeVIPDined on 12/13/2012Carlo was very helpful and pleasent. Will be going back again.Special Features:
- Not sure which was worse theOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/17/2012Not sure which was worse the food or the service but if I had to choose I would say the service. Waitress took forever to take orders and pretty much ignored us til we got her attention. Lots of mistakes with the orders not sure if it was her or the kitchen staff. Best thing I had there was the beers . Very loud place wouldnt bring the kids to a place like thisSpecial Features:
- Had a great time! Got togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Had a great time! Got together with friends after Hurricane Sandy. Everyone really needed a night out, Cannon's Blackthorn was just the place!!
- The brunch food was very good,PhillyCheesecakeDined on 10/7/2012The brunch food was very good, but I wouldn't recommend for brunch. I would recommend for a lunch/dinner venue.Special Features: