3146 Mission Blvd
Belmont Park, CA 92109Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cannonballsd.com/
- Phone: 8582289283x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 4pm - close
Friday - Sunday 11am - close
Kitchen closes at 9pm.
Cocktails served till close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Brad Wise
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View
A word from Cannonball
Sushi with a splash! Besides delicious Pacific Rim inspired sushi and small plates, this newly opened rooftop restaurant is also serving up the best view in San Diego! Sit down and enjoy a refreshing craft cocktail and one of the many amazing menu options while you take in the breathtaking scenery. With thoughtful details and accents, Cannonball transports you to a pool-like setting without all the splashing and twice the views!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cannonball reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great during happy hourtravitudeVIPDined on 11/12/2013This place is in a pretty nice location, just of the beach in the "Mission Bay" area. It's on the rooftop of a large building (all stores in the complex owned/run by the same property manager). Employees of the WaveHouse bar and Cannonball mix their shifts between the two restaurants. The menu is pretty decent. I highly recommend the ahi salad; the sashimi is decent too, but nothing too special. Just like WaveHouse, the prices are a bit steep; therefore heading over for happy hour (before 6PM) is the best idea as everything (EVERYTHING) on the menu is half price, and wine and beer is on special too. I liked Cannonball, the food was good and the waitstaff was friendly; however, if you're paying menu price, IMHO you're paying too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, not food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2013The title says it all. Go for the view or the drinks. The food isn't bad, but the menu is small. If you're craving sushi, there are plenty of other options around.Special Features:
- Amazing ocea view, great vibe,KaraMDined on 10/26/2013Amazing ocea view, great vibe, yummy sushi rolls and probably the best Kobe burger I've ever had. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Perfect view of sunsetMami0Dined on 10/20/2013It you get there on time the sunset is definitely a conversation piece. Highly recommend the hamachi collar. It's so soft and moist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hope it gets discoveredCiarasd09Dined on 9/25/2013I love the new decor and the unique menu. I just hope other people discover this place and turn it into the fun place it has the potential to be. It has a fun pool type ambiance and the view is great. Same owners as moondoggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great customer service!KEvonDined on 9/23/2013My group of 6 made reservations at 9p on a Monday, not realizing that the restaurant doesn't serve food around that time. However, they still allowed us to order food at that time, considering we had made reservations, and was still able to order almost everything on the menu, including the fresh fish (sashimi). The food was very good, and the drink specials were very cheap. Had a pleasant time dining at this restaurant. Also, the staff were very friendly and accommodating, and we didn't feel rushed during our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for 83rd birthdayGrandmaDined on 9/22/2013Although I may have just turned 83 I can still really appreciate a beachfront "hot spot" and great dining. Loved the view of course and had a wonderful glass of Pacific Rim wine. Food was great and the service was very good. Not a big fan of Sushi so I was a little hesitant, but the Mahi Mahi was delicious and my husband said the Kobe beef burger was the best he had in years. Our group enjoyed the new experience very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is AMAZINGSierraglenDined on 9/17/2013Enfuego roll is to die for! Love love love everything on the menu from skirt steak to sushi. Seared ahi salad is really good too. Priced perfectly for the quality of food.Special Features:
- The place is great, nice view,Luz08Dined on 9/15/2013The place is great, nice view, perfect to see a nice sunset! The service was great, and the food amazing!Special Features: