Cannery Row Brewing Company
95 Prescott Avenue
Monterey, CA 93940Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cannery Row Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.canneryrowbrewingcompany.com/
- Phone: 8316432722x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily 3:30pm-6:00pm; Late Night Menu: 10:00pm-Close
Reverse Happy Hour: Daily 10:00pm-Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Dan Furey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bring the Cannery Row Brewing Company on the town with you to help host your function at home or anywhere else. We’ll bring a crew and oakwood grill to do an afternoon BBQ, night time reception and dinner or anything in between.
- Private Party Facilities: The downstairs "Beer Garden" is the place to have your function. We can have their own private Cannery Row Brewing Company experience with options for a private bar and personalized menu for groups of 20 to full restaurant buyouts. Perfect spot for meetings, birthdays or to watch the "big game" with your friends.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 8316432722x
- Entertainment: Live music, DJ's Friday and Saturday nights from 9:00pm-Close.
A word from Cannery Row Brewing Company
Enjoy more than 70 rock star beers, great burgers, steaks and seafood. This historic building is everything you want it to be - cool setting, lots of TV's and a sound track that came from your own music collection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cannery Row Brewing Company - Best Restaurants in Monterey ›
Cannery Row Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (22)kid-friendly (18)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Go for the beer, not the food.skyefamDined on 10/3/2014We've been to the CRBC a couple of times and after the most recent we've decided it will be our last. The beer and mixed drinks are good but the food was lacking flavor and texture in every dish we ordered. One of my children even refused to eat her mac and cheese, which has never happened before. We had a salad and the vegetarian pasta and it looked like it was going to be great but that's about it. No flavor, no seasoning, nothing at all. The service is also basically poor. We went on a Friday night at about 5:30 and there were maybe 10 other tables filled and our server acted like she was too busy to take drinks orders.Special Features:
- Good except the nameMIISfitDined on 9/21/2014Food was good, service was good, very extensive beer list. I can't get past the name though: how can you call yourself "brewing company" if you don't brew your own beer?Special Features:
- Fun!!!!!. Great RestaurantJAZZShuffleDined on 9/10/2014Every Wednesday, CRBC has trivia night. Which is also fun to be with. On time i assumed a lot of people were so i got a table of 7, but changed to 4 when they said they weren't. Then after being seated they randomly showed up. CRBC did push two tables together, so we could all sit together. Trivia night can be loud, when lots of people are their, but it is fun!!!. I enjoy going to CRBC on Wednesday!! The foods is medium priced ($30 and under). Also their menue's do change!Special Features:
- LocalMyReviewDined on 9/7/2014Good was good, especially the short rib grilled cheese sandwich. A plus is that truffle fries are still available of you ask, just not on the menu. They are getting very close to really over pricing themselves and might already be there....they've shrunk the size of the burgers. Still enough to make you feel full, but noticeably smaller than previous trips. Good beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT DINNEROpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Waitress was AWESOME - Food was great - Margaritas were the bomb!Special Features:
- Good choice close to the Aquarium.RomadinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014We chose this restaurant because of the good reviews on Open Table and were not disappointed. We made our reservation, arrived 15 minutes early and were required to wait until our scheduled reservation time. We were then seated at a table that was vacant when we entered the restaurant. I don't get it? The prices are reasonable and the food was excellent. We had Sand Dabs, the Fisherman's Stew (great) and a grilled Artichoke.Special Features:
- don't Monterey offer better?palate4foodDined on 8/30/2014Food was just palatable. ....service-felt like we were imposing on their evening. ...Special Features:
- Good pubTravellingmomDined on 8/25/2014Nice beer selection but very pricey (12.00 up) burgers. Service was poorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a BreweryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014While their selection is great, I had always assumed that they also brewed their own beer, but that is not the case. Not sure I accept their answer on how calling themselves a brewing company is not deceptive but they more than make up for that little disappointment with great food.Special Features:
- Friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was okay. Burgers and fries, tasty, but nothing special.
- Nice AtmospherecoastluversDined on 8/5/2014Celebrated family birthdays there - the food was very tasty and well presented. Accommodations made for food allergies. We enjoyed our time there, staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- Food okay, service not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014We were a party of 7 (4 adults, 3 kids). On one order, they brought fries instead of the house salad. They forgot another order all together and then brought the order out with fries instead of the house salad. Ordered a cider, but it never came. Our waiter was nice enough, but they made a lot of mistakes on our order and the place was not crowded for a Monday at 530PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner StopMikeC442Dined on 8/2/2014Visited Cannery Row Brewing after a day at the Aquarium. We were seated quickly after a short walk (made our reservation while touring the Aquarium). Everyone in the family raved about their dinners. Sand dabs entree was excellent. Many beer choices, some from large breweries (like InvBev) and some from small microbreweries.Special Features:
- 50 beers on tapiEatVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great Food, very unbarlike food, with great barlike fun! Service !!! Was outstanding, think lake think being in it! Lakein!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family vacation dinnerTripletplus1DadDined on 7/23/2014We went to Cannery Row Brewing on our first night in the Monterey area while on our family vacation from the Cincinnati, OH area. We ordered the parmesan pretzel appetizer that was absolutely delicious. Between the six of us, we ordered three pulled pork sandwiches, two chicken sandwiches and the Vaquero burger. I had the pulled pork and tried the others. All were delicious. Our four kids enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant. We would definitely eat here again if we find ourselves in Monterey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good grubWinewalkaboutVIPDined on 7/12/2014There with a group of Italians from the Superbike races we were a big group and the place was busy. The food choices were wide and varied and offered something for almost any one. Even as busy as they were our waitress did a good job of tending to our ongoing and vast drink needs. the food was good with choices ranging from salads and burgers to fish and chips and salmon. Would go back without hesitation.Special Features:
- Fun and energeticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014It is a casual and fun place with a good variety of food. Not fancy so good for kids and teens. The wait staff is knowledgeable about the extensive beer list.any microbreweries on the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 194 reviews are from the Cannery Row Brewing Company reviews archive.
- Post Spartan CelebrationLuv2CelebrateDined on 6/7/2014We had just finished a Spartan race. Our reservation of 10 grew to 13. The girls at the front were so nice they told us "no problem" . We also ran a few minutes late. They called me to check if we were still coming. The restaurant was full of other race celebrants and others. Our group was a bit noisy. Not frowned upon at all. The people next to us moved to a nearby table that cleared so we could have more room. ( a pitcher of beer helped there, but also the establishment didn't grumble ). Food was excellent.....Special Features:
- RonaldVIPDined on 5/30/2014We got a table for two and just ordered an appetizer and an entree. We were expecting to split both from the same plate and didn't have any problem with that, but they split both onto two plates for us without asking. We thought that was a very nice touch by the waitress. We really appreciated it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food, if availableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/27/2014The food was average bar type munchies. I was disappointed that for the very beginning our server pointed out that a number of items on the menu were not available, a few that I was interested in trying. They didn't have a bun for my burger, so I had to request some other type of bread to substitute. Overall, the food quality did not quite match the price paid.Special Features:
- Great foodTeachsci8Dined on 4/25/2014Busy place, make reservations. Both entrees were outstanding!Special Features:
- Met up with familyJanetWagnerDined on 4/20/2014We really enjoyed the beers, cocktails, the food, the service ...all top notch. I will certainly recommend to friends and definitely will return myselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- draft beer HeavenMason10thDined on 4/18/2014Went there on a Friday night with my lady. We both were impressed with the space of the restaurant, the popularity it has among the locals makes making your decision to eat there an easy choice. Even if you are alone, this place is a restaurant where you can purchase your favorite beers and watch some sports, without to much of a hassle. Made a reservation and was able to be sitting at a table within 10 mins. I had heard about the gigantic pretzels, and I had the urge to go. I ordered too appetizers and they were both very good. When I go back, I'm taking more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent. LimitedKKWRDined on 4/8/2014Service was excellent. Limited menu in regards to Salads and low calorie items. Asked to dry toasted bread on my sandwhich and was cooked in too much butter. Very greasing. My husdands plate was the same.Special Features:
- Trivia NightCatEatsDined on 3/26/2014We made reservations on line. The max was 10 people. We called the restaurant directly 2 days beforehand and added 5 more people. They sat us at two tables next to each other. Reservation was for 7pm. We were seated on time. We had two kids in our group and they got kid menus and a bucket of crayons. The food was good. Fish and chips. Burgers. Good beer selection. They have a couple ciders too. They did a good job with service for a 15 person group. We stayed for Trivia at 8pm. That was a lot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommendttttDined on 3/26/2014We were put on the porch even though the restaurant was empty. The heaters were off because another party was too hot and the waiter would not turn them on even though the hostess said it would be the warmest place in the restaurant. It was freezing and also raining. The plastic door covers didn't work because the hooks had been ripped through. The food was sub par. Not a great experience.
- We went to Cannery Row BrewingRogueDined on 3/15/2014We went to Cannery Row Brewing Company for my husband's birthday. We had a reservation for 830, but arrived much earlier. While waiting for a table, we sat in the waiting section and enjoyed bar beverages. We were seated about 45 mins later, which was in time to what the hostess said when we arrived. Our server was AWESOME and very attentive. They even brought my husband a birthday sundae at the end of our meal, without us asking!!! We would definitely recommend Cannery Row Brewing Company to anyone looking for a high-energy, friendly, fun restaurant/bar. And we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timing is everything...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/3/2014Food was very good. Kitchen timing was not. I ordered a salad and an entree. Waited a long time for the salad - so I was suspicious that there was going to be a problem. And there was. As soon as the runner dropped the salad, the second runner was standing behind him with our entrees. Server was fairly inattentive. When I complained about the timing, I was told that there was a large party and that the kitchen was scrambling to get orders out. Great. That makes me feel a lot better. Not. She did take the salad off the check. This is really unfortunate, because the ceasar salad was actually very good. I would like to have enjoyed it before my entree - as I ordered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must when in Monterey 75 beers!!CaptainDined on 3/2/2014Great service, amazing food and 75 beers on top! What more can you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer & diverse food selectionDarCVIPDined on 2/16/2014This was my second time here in the past 6 months and I enjoyed it again, as did my family. A little something for everyone with great beer selections! We ate everything from soup (the squash soup is fantastic!) to salads to burgers to salmon to pasta and it was all great. Service was above average with a team environment on the drinks, so we never had empty glasses. A definite must-try if in Monterey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of beerPARFVIPDined on 2/15/2014Fun and energetic, fine for families with kids, convenient to the Aquarium and Cannery Row. Lots of beer choices, food okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great OveralljeremyDined on 2/14/2014With two children on a busy night we received great service and got our food quickly.Special Features:
- Always GoodstillhungryDined on 2/1/2014This is my sixth time to the restaurant. Food is always good and the service is good also. Love the Ahi Poke and my husband loves the Sand Dabs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Front DeskOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/25/2014We checked in three minutes before the reservation time. Hostess informed us that it would be 5 minutes while they got a table ready. It was 19 minutes until we were seated. The restaurant was not busy at all and less than a third of all the tables were occupied when we were seated. Food and other service staff were good.
- great service!JackieDined on 1/19/2014I had the vaquero burger, it was the best burger I've ever had! The doughnut holes were good and dipping sauces even better. Our server was very attentive and even helped us find a place to have a bonfire. He went beyond his duties to make our experience wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cannery Row pub.TonyDVIPDined on 1/1/2014Went to the Monterey Bay Acquarium with the family, as is our New Years Day tradition, and had a late lunch at CRBC....killer beer selection (just what you need to endanger any New Years resoultions...!) and nice variety on the food menu...a festive take on the "pub grub" selection. Food was very tasty and the service (Michael) was friendly, attentive and prompt. Bottom line: great place to cap a day at the aquarium and touristing Cannery Row. Well done...and we'll certainly be back next year...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overflowing BarairockDined on 12/19/2013Live music, with a decent band. The bar area was packed and overflowing into the restaurant. OK food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to watch a game.airockDined on 12/18/2013Noisy. Calamari was somewhat greasy, extensive beer list. Soup was good. Numerous TV's with sports programming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013Made reservations for a group of 8 for trivia night. They put us near a television so we could see the screen which was totally appreciated. The place was packed with those playing trivia, the service was pretty slow, should get a couple more wait staff for trivia night. But overall great night and trivia was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sports BarHammondDined on 11/29/2013The Cannery Row Brewing Company is an excellent Sports bar. It provides all the necessary ingredients for group or individual game watching. Enough TV's to allow everyone a view of the contest they wish to watch. Outstanding slection of beers, that cover every possible preference, and super bar food. My wife had a chicken ceasar salad I had a chicken BLT. Both were very good. The service was prompt but never pushy. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.