CANNELLA'S Restaurant Lounge
204 E. 500 S.
Salt Lake City, UT 84111Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
CANNELLA'S Restaurant Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cannellas.com/
- Phone: 8013558518
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thurday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from CANNELLA'S Restaurant Lounge
Established in 1978, Cannella’s was built on the love of food, family and friends. Joe and Missy created a charming tiny space where all the amazing meals Joe enjoyed as a child became the menu. Cannella’s has always been a place of warmth, integrity and great food served generously at affordable prices, thanks to the vision of its founder, Joe Cannella. With the addition of the bar and lounge in 2007, Cannella’s added a new dimension, bringing a nightly eclectic bar scene together with the warmth of the family business to create the freshest supper club in the city. We rock the best playlist in town, mix strong specialty cocktails and inspire everyone to have a good time. Cozy, comfortable and familiar, Cannella’s is the kind of place where you meet friends for life. Our staff, customers and quality food make it a rare dining experience that makes you look forward to your next visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
CANNELLA'S Restaurant Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
CANNELLA'S Restaurant Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (17)romantic (16)special occasion (12)good for groups (8)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Made my favorite listEbmerkleyDined on 10/18/2014Cannella's had great servers, even better food, and a great drink menu. The only down side was a neighbouring party table was very loud causing us to try and talk over the noise to hold a conversation. I would have given a 5 star experience if I could have heard my date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Busy Friday night slow cocktail service. Food a little cold a little bland. Great neighborhood locationSpecial Features:
- Eat it!txtravelerDined on 10/15/2014Easy to find and a great atmosphere. The food and service was really good. Go check it out!Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Food is always outstanding, great servers and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!PeepPatrol22xDined on 10/8/2014The food here is amazing! If you want quality Italian food, this is the place. The Gnocchi was fabulous! I loved the atmosphere. Great place for an intimate date. It's quiet and chill. I will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- FailMeandmineDined on 9/19/2014We waited over an hour for our food. It wasn't even very good.
- Dine AroundKCHRIS44Dined on 9/13/2014We have dined at Cannella's several times in the past and decided to try out the Dine Around promotion. The food was very good,service was also very good. They seem to enjoy what they are doing from the Kitchen to the Bar and all services are very professional. I have recommend this Restaurant to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little place...SunkissedladyDined on 9/6/2014Cannelas is great little restaurant downtown. We were seated promptly and our waitress was attentive and helpful. The ambience is perfect for catching up with old friends over a glass of wine. It is not too noisy. The food is excellent! We have been there several times and I have yet to find something that I do not like on the menu. Overall it is a great little place to go for a night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian In Salt LakehaggathaDined on 9/5/2014Best Italian food in Salt Lake. The wait staff was amazing. They put up with our late arriving friends with a smile! We will be sack!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodNWineLoversDined on 8/16/2014We always enjoy our dining experience at Cannella's. We love the atmosphere and the great food. A little gem of Salt Lake.Special Features:
- Business dinnerBusinessdiningDined on 8/16/2014Hosted business dinner during conference in Salt Lake. Food good, service good. Given location, immediately across street from street festival on the night we were there, surprisingly slow. It was clear that they preferred that our group (9) take our seats ASAP as appossed to first having cocktails at the bar. Didn't understand the urgency to be seated in a downstairs separate room when they were not busy but it was clear it was important to be seated away from the bar.
- Love Cannella'swjnativeDined on 8/3/2014We go to Cannella's at least once a month. The food is always delicious, and the service is always outstanding. The pasta carbonara is a must, as well as any pasta with the vodka sauce. Have also had the Madonna pizza, which is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okOuterworld13Dined on 7/30/2014Hoping for a bit of a fancier evening. We were sat at our table promptly but waited a good 15 minutes before any service was offered. Soup was much too hot. Our tortellini was lukewarm. The food was good but not memorable. Probably won't go out of my way to return, but won't refuse to go if others in my group want to go.Special Features:
- The following 36 reviews are from the CANNELLA'S Restaurant Lounge reviews archive.
- After Work Time-OutTwiggsDined on 7/2/2014The bar has an "edgey" feel with twinkle lights and lit candles. We liked out wind down drinks very much. Table service was acceptable, not fancy. Food was slightly on the bland side of things, however the salad might get me back in again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better each time we gokkv511Dined on 6/28/2014We've been going to Cannellas occasionally for a few years and I swear it gets better each time. Their food is to die for and the cocktails aren't bad either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLVisitor1SLvisitorDined on 6/18/2014Nice bar area, great service. Food solid, but not over the top.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Prices starting about where a chain Italian would start but much better food. Be careful with appetizers and ext as as the main course will leave you stuffed. Nice atmosphere even though it is usually loud. Check out the fun pictures in the bsmt.Special Features:
- Fast and deliciousIrishdinerDined on 6/7/2014The service was great, food was delicious. Sat us fast and were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table - Bad TablesafbdaDined on 5/31/2014We were going to be sat in a good place (place was half empty). I said I had an open table reservation and they said oh... you can have the choice between downstairs and a bad table near the front. We sat and ate. Food was great as usual. But I felt like I was second rate due to booking on Open Table. Our server was great and food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhill?Jewlgrl77Dined on 5/23/2014First time visit. Menu is very cute and seating was quick. Service was slow and inattentive (think our waiter was assigned to too many tables). Couple across from us was making out entire time. Food was stale. Salad was Brown, bread was old, etc. Cocktail was good though.Special Features:
- Our favoriteWelshDined on 5/16/2014The wife and I have wanted to have a "go to" neighborhood restaurant for sometime. A place where we we know we can get good food and entertain friends. The only problem is it's no where near our neighborhood! We love Canellas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's not the foodDaRyLDined on 5/9/2014Ok Italian although marinara is a little tomato pasty red/thick. Missing classic dishes on dinner menu like calamari, linguini and clams or an eggplant dish. Can't recall veal either, except in the Bolognese which was good. Cannolis with chocolate, pistacios, and cherries? I don't think so! I can see why people like the place, but the food isn't it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteJessicaDined on 5/8/2014I opted for Cannella's for a weekday Mother's Day celebration based on other OpenTable reviews. And they were right! Every one of us loved this restaurant. The ambiance is cool. It's downtown, with decent parking options around. They seated us right away. Our waitress was awesome - she made good recommendations, kept our drinks full, and found a good food option for my four-year-old. Every dish we ordered was excellent. I had the chicken carbonara, which was amazing. And the salad, with the house dressing, was as good as the other reviewers said. While the restaurant is not exactly what I would call "kid-friendly" - there is no kids menu - they easy accommodated our kid-related needs. We'll be coming back soon.Special Features:
- Always a joyJINSHDined on 5/2/2014Second time at Cannella's and it did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Delicious Food wonderful AmbianceBelleDined on 4/19/2014I dined with a group of four, we all had a different entree and everyone loved their own. Our Waitress Cat, was very attentive without being intrusive. The dining area was very nicely lit and was comfortable. I will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Awesome Experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014It was our first time at Cannella's. The whole experience was amazing!Special Features:
- Fabulous!TracyBradDined on 4/4/2014What a fabulous evening we had. The service was excellent, food was great! Just an enjoyable evening! We like this place a lot. We have dined here before and enjoyed it; this time though for some reason was a notch above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceJenwDined on 3/28/2014We were given bread and olive oil/balsamic for dipping. Would have been great if the bread was warm, but it was still yummy as it was. The salad that came with the meal was unique and very tasty! I got the house dressing - a mix of blue cheese and italian - and it was fantastic. I had the Papardelle Bolognese for my meal. It was likewise unique and very, very good. The atmosphere was good, lively but not overly loud. Prices were good for the quality of the food. Service was good. The waitress was very helpful in helping me decide what to order and at the end of the meal she brought me a refill for my diet coke in a to-go cup, which was very nice. I'm glad we finally tried this place and we'll definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find!CathyDined on 3/27/2014What a special, cozy place. We took our two tween kids with us, and everyone loved it! Homemade pasta, great wine, warm and relaxing atmosphere. Quiet enough where we could visit, but not stuffy. Would definitely come here again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local with great serviceDurangoDined on 3/22/2014We sat in the lounge booth, had great drinks and food with outstanding service. This place is an old school restaurant that could be in Chicago or New York. Very nice folks and the food will make you smile. Prices are very reasonably for the quality of food. Try the Moscow Mule.Special Features:
- AMAZING FoodbrowDined on 3/22/2014My boyfriend and I booked reservations here for our one year anniversary. We were a little thrown by the ambiance and the vibe of the restaurant since the pictures looked romantic and intimate. My boyfriend and I are pretty easy going so we went with and boy and am I glad we did. The food was absolutely DELICIOUS and very reasonably priced. We each had an adult beverage, 2 entrees, a soup and a salad and with a tip our meal was $60.00. I cannot speak higher of this place and the plating of the food was what you would expect with a 5 star restaurant. The portions was satisfying and overall AMAZING.Special Features:
- Great food. Great service.BEASTDined on 3/15/2014Great food. Great service. We ordered the spaghetti and meatballs and spinach lasagne. The lasagne was a little dry but will order again with a side of sauce because it was so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, average serviceluvitalianfoodDined on 2/14/2014We made reservation at 8, arrived at 8, and was told our reservation might have been given away. We were finally seated at 830 but out seats were sharing a table with another couple. That doesn't quite make for an intimate Valentine's day setting. The food tasted great and our server did an ok job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your Normal Utah RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Love the atmosphere and food here! Makes you feel like you stepped out of the normal Utah scene. I go here often for great Italian FoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceHighlandAceDined on 2/14/2014We were coming from Utah County for a Valentine's date scheduled two weeks in advance. There was an accident on Northbound I-15. We were a half hour late because of the accident. We had called to advise of our situation and Cannelas held the table for us despite being bombed. Truly great customer service! Once again the food was very good. BTW - The Chocolate Beet Cake was a real find, truly decadent and delicious. What a customer centric approach. We are big fans!Special Features:
- Delicious soupShaunaDined on 2/12/2014The Creamy Cauliflower Cheese soup was incredible. Very convenient location. Reasonable prices. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent neighborhood ItalianVeggieloverDined on 2/5/2014I went in for lunch on a weekday. It seemed as though I had missed a rush, and had most of the place to myself. The vegetarian lasagna was magnificent. The atmosphere was very nice, accented by big booths and dark wood. Will definitely be going back mSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown gem discovered againHighlandAceDined on 1/31/2014Over the years I had been a lunch patron, regularly enjoying the terrific Italian salad. I had no idea the dinner menu would be so reasonably priced for such a high quality meal. My wife and I enjoyed our meal immensely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing pasta!TFraugDined on 1/23/2014This was our first visit to Cannella's and overall we left very happy. We ordered Italian sodas, bruschetta, chicken carbanara, chichen marsala, and the gelato. The pastas were excellent, some of the best we've had in Utah! Everything else was really just meh. We would probably try another app sometime and another dessert, but if they were on par with what we had tried already, we would probably just stick to the pasta from there on out (and we will for sure be back for pasta). Service was mediocre. Our waitress took a very long time coming back to the table in every instance and we were there for about 2 hours because of this (we didn't really mind as we weren't in a hurry, but if we had been I would have been annoyed). Go for the pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ItalianSwissRicDined on 1/18/2014My first time here! Very pleasantly surprised with the food. Ate very well. Came for anniversary. Good ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.