2576 Aurora Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.canlis.com/
- Phone: 2062833313x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - close, Saturday: 5:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Jason Franey
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
- Entertainment: Canlis believes in supporting real artists and live music. The evening is accompanied by live piano music from a 1920 Steinway Grand.
- Special Events: SPECIAL REQUESTS: Please call the reservationist directly to place any special orders or floral arrangements.
A word from Canlis
This is a place where you feel welcomed. Run by the Canlis family, Canlis is the Pacific Northwest's most celebrated restaurant, winner of fourteen consecutive Wine Spectator Grand Awards and three time James Beard runner up for best service in the country. Voted Most Romantic, Best View, Best Service, Best Design, Top Wine List and Wine Service, Washington Family Business of the year, and Best Overall Restaurant. At Canlis we are learners, and after 60 years of serving Seattle, we believe we're just beginning to get things right. We look forward to meeting you. For more information, we invite you to www.canlis.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Canlis - Best Restaurants in Queen Anne ›
Canlis reviews from OpenTable diners
280 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (249)scenic view (237)romantic (216)notable wine list (205)fit for foodies (179)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (26)good for groups (22)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- CSensational Dining ExperienceBertoDined on 10/20/2014Celebrated our 33rd Anniversary in a special way. Has been our favorite restaurant for over 35 years and they still keep delivering. Canlis is the best overall dining experience in Seattle!!! Can't wait to return:-) Rob & Sharon JacksonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An InstitutionJeffDined on 10/17/2014Hard to exceed the expectations for us. Atmosphere and wine list with knowledgeable sommelier did. Canlis special salad did. Apps, entrees, desserts and service just very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFULOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014I would just like to thank the entire group of individuals that make your establishment so outstanding. It is by far one of the most rewarding and memorable dining experiences I have had in many years. Congratulations. D.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- canlis tasting menucatradDined on 10/16/2014excellent food and wine pairings. a little disappointed in two consecutive "orange" colored dishes. dessert outstanding. beautlful venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timeless ClassickpychaVIPDined on 10/16/2014You can never go wrong with Canlis! Seattle's fine dining at it's very best. It's always a such pleasure to experience the professionalism, hospitality, service and don't forget the amazing food.Special Features:
- Simply the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014The best restaurant in Seattle. There's really no competition.Special Features:
- Horrible spot-Denny's with a ViewJustSayingDined on 10/15/2014Probably the worst restaurant I've ever had industrial food! Lamb reminded me of SPAM!
- Seattle iconOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014When only the best will do for a special occasion Canlis never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014Thank you for a memorable and special experience. You have some thing quite special there!Special Features:
- AMAZING DINNERMollyRomeDined on 10/11/2014I had an amazing dinner with my husband last saturday night. Outstanding service and great quality food. We had a 4 course menu and each dish had a wonderful taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous In SeattleDocforwineVIPDined on 10/11/2014Absolutely one of the best restaurant in the country! Each dish is meticulously prepared with beautiful presentation, balanced flavored, and mouthwatering bites. Service is also top notch with the staff paying attention to every details and enticipating needs. Wine list is generous including some of the older vintages. And finally the ambience with live piano, decos, and a romantic view of Lake Union just harmonized the entire dining experience.Special Features:
- Truly AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Great view, perfect cocktails, delectable food, fantastic service - loved every minute, gret way to celebrate 2nd Wedding Anniversary!Special Features:
- ServiceElenaDined on 10/9/2014The service and the food were excellent, except, that we felt we were rush to get out of the restaurant. Waitress we're picking up the plates, the wine glass while working on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular evening!kmmrDined on 10/6/2014I made reservations for my parents anniversary at Canlis because I had found it to be one of the nicest in town. The page was very complete and I was particularly attracted to the place and setting it offered. The actual experience was beautiful as well, we were offered an aperitivo at the bar while waiting for our table, listening to a talented pianist play just by our side. The view from our table was lovely, you can see the lake and all the lit housing and marinas down the hills; fortunately we had great weather. The food and drinks were spectacular as expected, and the wine list, wow! Service was very good and kind, they even offered 3 different amaros when they weren't able to find the one we ordered. Bottomline, just great! Enjoy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionPerfectionDined on 10/4/2014Went here for our 1-year anniversary and it was amazing. The service was great, the food amazing, and they even decorated our dessert plates with chocolate wording "Happy 1st Anniversary" making the night even more memorable!Special Features:
- Epic view and building. Food ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/4/2014Everyone knows where it is in the Seattle area. It's got a reputation second to none. The view of Lake Union is unparalleled on the edge of Queen Anne hill. The building is the kind of modern that just doesn't get built any more. The service is a team of many but they are specialized by function so the service scattered across functions so it doesn't feel personable. They are quick to fold an unattended napkin and every linen is ironed between service by a pro with a cordless iron. The food was ok but all of it was over salted. Competition of mid level restaurants shows here. Portions medium to small (leftovers seem unlikely) but the salt filled us up. The dedication to special dietary restrictions was wonderfully appreciated.Special Features:
- totally worth it if you have moneytylerpiDined on 10/3/2014great place for dinner, although not the best place for dinner. The overall experience was wonderful, but the quality for the money is just barely there. Don't get me wrong, it is totally worth the money if you have the money. Really wonderful place.
- Met high expectations - almostOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2014We (group of 6) were at Canlis for a special occasion and, in most areas, it met our high expectations. Service was friendly and attentive, though at one point in the meal extra rolls were promised and never delivered and 2 second courses were forgotten, had to be asked about and arrived late. To Canlis' credit they offered a bottle of wine as an apology, which was appreciated. The food in general was exceptional - until dessert. Three of us ordered the apple tart, expecting a warm apple crisp/pie, and were very disappointed in the deconstructed cold apple "tower" that arrived. Interesting, but not very satisfying. All in all, a fun and memorable evening.Special Features:
- special eveningrameroDined on 10/2/2014The chef's tasting menu accompanied by the classic wine pairings was absolutely the right choice for us! We marveled at how our dining and drinking experiences both complimented and were heightened by the thoughtful choices. The ambiance was romantic, and all the staff were friendly and accommodating. Dining at Canlis should be at least a once-in-a-lifetime experience!Special Features:
- Food was very disappointingtandjfoodiesVIPDined on 10/2/2014Started off with these 3 great little treats but after that, the food quality was good but preparation very plain, something we would easily make at home. At these VERY EXPENSIVE prices we expect some inventiveness. Wine list was huge but seemed to be either $60 for ordinary ($25) bottles, or $250-$2000 per bottle - Suggest they split the list out into a "normal" list and a "reserve" list to make it easier to find something decent for under $150 per bottle. Service was wonderful but this place seems to be resting on its laurels. There are many better choices in Seattle. They also refused to accept the Open Table gift cards which we were under the impression could be used at any Open Table restaurant that accepts American Express.Special Features:
- Canlis exceeds expectationsKeithRDined on 10/1/2014I had anticipated dining at Canlis for weeks one we decided to visit Seattle for the first time. Everything about the restaurant surpassed my expectations. Not only is the restaurant physically beautiful, the service and quality of food preparations was of the highest caliber. When we opted to have wine pairings with our meals, the sommalier and our server selected wines that were not necessarily within the price point, rather the best that we're open and would compliment our dishes best. We were also treated to a special tour of the restaurant and wine cellar. They have a special bond with Hawaii and being from there it was so nice to be treated with the Aloha Spirit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canlis never disappoints!BrynmarieDined on 10/1/2014Simply stated, Canlis never disappoints! Like the star system for rating it is 5 stars from the moment the valet parks your car til you leave and the valet brings your car without a claim check!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningfoodie4funDined on 9/30/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and the staff made a point on accommodating my request for a table by the windows! Very nice of them. The food was good and service very goodSpecial Features:
- A Very Special PlaceMichaelGDined on 9/30/2014Canlis is everything it is purported to be - truly fine dining, beautiful view, exceptional service, relaxed atmosphere (I particularly loved the jazz piano) - and frankly not nearly as expensive as I thought it would be. This is truly Seattle's gem and I am so glad I finally tried it out. Probably the only restaurant in Seattle that I needed to make reservations a couple of weeks in advance for, so keep that in mind when scheduling for a special experience.Special Features:
- BreathtakingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This experience was one for the record books. I won't drone on about every detail other than to say that this was by far, the best meal I have ever had, in the best restaurant I've ever dined in.Special Features:
- a high class experienceDavidNShilpaDined on 9/26/2014Nice to know your in good company, the service is prompt and in our 7 course with pairing experience each dish was prompt and preparation with the pairing was a delight. They answered all our questions and met every expectation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/26/2014Never get tired of going to Canlis for a special occasion. Food, service, ambience, staff - all over the top.Special Features:
- A Special nightJTF2000Dined on 9/26/2014Finally visited Canlis after so many years living here. Should have done it sooner. A little pricey perhaps, but we left feeling like we had a great evening, not just a dinner. Service was extremely friendly, precise and yet non intrusive. One would be hard pressed to find better service anywhere in the Country. It was actually fun to watch. The wine list is extensive and amazing - recommend you review it on line before you get there as it could take an hour just to get through it. If you can afford it... eat here often. If not... save up for that special occasion; you will remember it. For you EastSiders like us... well worth the trip across the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014Everyone we encountered were very friendly, professional and kind. They truly looked like they were proud to be part of the Canlis family. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- AlexbDined on 9/24/2014All great expect foie gras which actually is a "mousse". Recommend they switch to a real slice of "foie gras entier" instead. Apart this, Exceptional! The Oysters, Wagyu beef, Lamb and Mille-Feuille are extraordinary.Special Features:
- Always fabulous!abbysnacksDined on 9/24/2014Dining at Canlis is always a wonderful experience from the friendly staff to the fabulous food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's MichelinWTR2VIPDined on 9/23/2014I have rarely eaten a meal this good, served so well in such a beautiful environment. I have eaten at a number of Michelin rated restaurants and Canlis is in the same league. One can only wonder why Michelin has yet to recognize this restaurant. The food is outstanding. The service is perfect - not intrusive but always ready. The ambiance is classy and the view is wonderful. I couldn't ask for more in a dining experience.Special Features:
- Absolutely WonderfulImpressedCoupleDined on 9/22/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday knowing his love for food that looks like art and his want to find a restaurant where the food tastes the way it looks! It was a first for the both of us and I don't believe you could have done anything differently to make our night any more enjoyable. Other than the food being flawless in preperation and flavor, we were exceptionally impressed with your wonderful service and coordination with all of the staff. I have already bragged about this restaurant to friends and we will most definitely be dining with you again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentitteradaDined on 9/22/2014Nothing to say that hasn't been touched on repeatedly already, but Canlis seems to shine specifically in every criteria. The Ambiance is subdued but with enough movement to not feel sleepy or slow. The building itself is gorgeous, the view is ridiculously nice. The service is immaculate; servers are precise and polite without coming off as stuffy. The food is artwork, and the tasting menus seem to be well thought out in terms of a cohesive style. I took a platonic friend as my guest, but would absolutely love to take a date at some point as the romantic feel of the restaurant is on point. All in all a great night, and fairly affordable for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ajperezDined on 9/19/2014The food & service exceeded our expectation. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary & will be back. The responsive valet system was very cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!DieHardFoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014By far, the best restaurant I have ever been to. Not only was the food wonderful, the service was just amazing. The staff, particularly Michael & Xavier, provided such great customer service and anticipated your needs; further, they weren't pretentious. The view was breathtaking and the live piano music was very pleasant. It was truly a wonderful experience. Everything from the Lemon Fennel Sourdough dinner roll to the to-die-for Sea Bass...it was just simply amazing. This is definitely 2 thumbs up. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unparalleled serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Once again, impeccable service, great wine, delicious food. What we have come to expect and we were far from disappointed. A memorable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experiencemorganpaige333Dined on 9/18/2014Canlis is not just wonderful food, it is an amazing dining experience. The views of Lake Union only compliment the experience. We had the Chef's tasking menu with the Sommelier wine pairings. Every dish was as beautiful and special as it was delicious. The service was impeccable. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014My wife and I chose Canlis for our semi-anniversary celebration. We weren't disappointed! Hostess, server and manager all made special effort to see that it was a memorable occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle's Best Hands DownDrawmarkVIPDined on 9/16/2014Canlis never fails to impress, the tradition, the architecture, the service and the food. Sure it will set you back a pretty penny, but I've spent nearly as much at lesser restaurants around the world. There are many fine restaurants in Seattle, with inventive chefs, nice rooms and good service, but none reach Canlis' level on all counts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.