Candela Taco Bar & Lounge
831 S la Brea Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90036Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Candela Taco Bar & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://candelatacobar.com/
- Phone: 3239360533x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday:11:30 am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Wednesday 3:00pm - 12:00 am, Mon - Tue: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am, Thu - Sun: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Candela Taco Bar & Lounge
Our 12,000 Sq. ft. space offers a unique setting for all of your event needs. Let Candela Taco Bar & Lounge be your venue choice for your next special occassion. Our catering department will satisfy your cravings with unique Spanish flavored foods. We look forward to hosting you! Restaurant Capacity: 60 seated 100 open floor Upstairs Lounge Capacity: 110 seated 150 with Patio Accessibility Main Room: 550 seated 800 open floorContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Candela Taco Bar & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Nice, small restaurantEatingB4dashowDined on 6/29/2014Flat screen TVs in all directions. So every seat has a great view of TV. So great to watch sporting events. I had 4 different tacos. All 4 tacos were excellent. Wife enjoyed a couple of tacos and the ceviche. The service was a little poor considering the few tables that were occupied. Charging for a second basket of tortilla chips was disappointing since they caused the delay in getting our food. I would still recommend this place because of the food and TVs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $1 Taco Wednesdays Rock!JoeyVIPDined on 6/18/2014We are regulars on Wednesdays the only day they open for lunch and offer $1 tacos. Not only is it a great deal but the service is always fantastic. It is a family run business and the staff makes you feel like you are part of their familia. Go for the tacos...stay for the margaritas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT TACOS BUT SO LOUD!raoufpurVIPDined on 6/8/2014We loved the guac, taco tour, and service was fine, but it was SO LOUD we couldn't hear each other talking from across the table. I don't know if its the acoustics or people were loud but it was almost unbearable. And it wasn't even late, it was a 6:30 dinner on a Sunday.Special Features:
- The following 6 reviews are from the Candela Taco Bar & Lounge reviews archive.
- Great Tacos!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014great tacos a great prices! AMAZING! Being born and raised on Los Angeles I have a very picky high expectation for mexican food and this place did not disappoint. The tacos were delicious and very reasonably priced! and the Coctel e camaron was like a party in my mouth.. it is a must try!Special Features:
- Great Food! Great PriceJoshsamdDined on 7/19/2013Really enjoyed the tacos - we ordered a bunch - and they were all delicious. The fish tacoswere my favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2013Good food for a good price...fun for a ladies night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this quaint mexican gem--itcynthiaDined on 4/13/2013Love this quaint mexican gem--it is right next door to a salsa club and you can enter from Candela to the club--so convenient. This was my second visit and plan on returning. Not a big place, so we had to keep our group to not more than 10 (really 8) 10 is pushing it.Special Features:
- I would definitely recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013I would definitely recommend Candela! The food was great and the service even better. We were a party of 10 going to see a show at the El Rey Theater. The staff was very attentive and made sure we were taken care of.
- Great food in a LOUD settingWineloverVIPDined on 9/29/2012Very small, very loud, and more sports bar than restaurant, this was not at all what I was expecting. But we had made a reservation and we were here and it was Saturday night so we wouldn't be able to get into anywhere else without a reservation, so we stayed. And I am glad we did! The food was amazing. Four salsas served with chips as we perused the menu. The star of the menu is the taco bar - choice of about 12 varieties: vege, meat, chicken, fish. The menu offered a range of choices from tacos and enchiladas to shrimp, steak, fish across a wide range of seasonings. Sangria & Margaritas very good. I'll be back but NOT for a quiet romantic evening.Special Features: