3377 Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Venetian and Palazzo
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: (702) 733-0070
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Thursday: 11:30am – 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 11:30am – 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gianpaolo Putzu
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: From wedding receptions to business luncheons and cocktail events, let our professionals handle all the details! A combination of all five private dining rooms may be reserved for a reception of 300+ guests or a sit down dinner for 175.
A word from Canaletto
Located on the Canal at the Venetian Resort. Enjoy award winning authentic Italian cuisine. Breathtaking views of St. Mark's Square, the Grand Canal, and gondolas passing below. Created by the founders of Il Fornaio restaurants, Canaletto is the ultimate Venetian dining experience. Specialties include wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade pastas; pizzas; fresh salads and housemade soups; a wide variety of desserts; and fresh baked bread made daily from scratch. Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence 2007. Open for lunch and dinner daily. Private rooms are available with an event coordinator on-site.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Canaletto reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (51)scenic view (50)romantic (47)good for groups (42)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (29)great for outdoor dining (22)great for lunch (17)hot spot (15)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Fun to People Watch from the PationightmoiVIPDined on 11/21/2014We visit this restaurant every time we come to Las Vegas. It's a great place to have lunch if you are attending a conference. It's also a great place to have dinner after walking through the mall. Canaletto serves delicious food, great wine and amazing desserts. It's always fun to watch the crowd in St. Mark's Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceJoeMVIPDined on 11/17/2014Absolutely a great experience ... Food, service and ambiance all excellent. Highly Recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We were there for my wife's birthday. The food and atmosphere were great. The service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to berdelrossiDined on 11/14/2014I spent a lot of time at Canaletto in the early 2000s but was disappointed with it when revisiting this past week. Ten years ago the food was great and beautifully presented, but the other night the best praise I can muster would be "passable." None of the five in our party felt that they had anything special. Canaletto, with its "outdoor" seating in the Venetian's version of Saint Mark's Square, is still a nice enough place for an American, albeit uninspired take on Italian food. But with so many better food choices in Vegas I can recommend it no longer.
- Restaurant ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Food was outstanding. Portions were just right. The food was also served in a timely fashion. Tables were a bit too close together as time noise level was high. I guess you'd expect that in Vegas. Prices were not bad at all. Probably the most reasonable of the five dinners we had in Vegas. And we were a party of 5. Only problem was service. The restaurant was very crowded and busy. However, we expected a tad more attention. It seemed as if our waiter was more concerned with how quickly he could move us out. We were never offered appetizers. Some drank a bottle of wine, 3 of us had to call him back for cocktails. He never made mid - dinner visits to see if everything was ok. That part of the experience was disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made our evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014We had our wedding reception for 10 here and it was better than we could have imagined! The staff was friendly and the service was fantastic! Everyone helped to make our evening wonderful with fantastic food and wine recommendations and they didn't rush us out. This was our best meal in Vegas during our week long trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/5/2014The food was excellent the staff is very friendly. I had no room for dessert the main courses were so goodSpecial Features:
- Good food. Rude hostesses.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Went here twice during our visit. Food good but hostesses a bit rude. First time we had a party of six. Refused to seat us unless everyone there. Had 10 minutes or thy would give the table away. My 65 year old mother had to run to get there. Then say us at a four person table. Very tight. Second Rez was for 10. Called to try to move to 11. Told us they could not. Did not understand why a round table for 10 could not be 11 or even a long table to fit one more in. When we showed ip with 10 the table was set for 11 anyway. Good enough food but lots of service issues.I would recommend this to a friend.
- kparkbikparkbiDined on 11/5/2014I actually had a lunch & a dinner at Canaletto while at AAPEX. My customers loved the restaurant!! The food & service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AAPEX ShowrmacdcaDined on 11/5/2014Good location for business meetings during any Sands Expo events. A bit noisy though and tables are jammed together very closely.Special Features:
- Service LackingmaverickDined on 11/4/2014Service was very slow and many mistakes. From forgetting to ask for a drink order before asking for us to place our lunch order. Check came before we had even received our coffee at the end of the lunch. We never received the coffee!
- CanalettoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I go to Canaletto every time I'm in Vegas. I always sit on the patio and have never been in the dining room. The dining room looks more intimate and romantic if that's what you're looking for, but I like the patio for a little more of an informal but still romantic setting. The food is great and the service was friendly and served in a very reasonable amount of time. I've had the canneloni di pollo and a couple of their different pizzas and they're all really good. I already can't wait to go back and try something different.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014Food very good. Waiter recommend a great affordable wine that we all loved. Would defiantly return.
- Food OK, but not for the priceBW89129Dined on 10/21/2014We expected something really fabulous for the prices but didn't get it. Gnocchi was overcooked (almost soggy) , ravioli missing the "pear flavor" that was described in the menu
- debidebiDined on 10/19/2014Food was delicious. Restaurant was a little expensive for the incidentals like salad and a glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok.BambiDined on 10/17/2014It was loud, not enough space between tables, the wait staff was unattentive, but that risotto was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed on our first visit!VickeeDined on 10/17/2014Food is great, service (our server was James) is awesome, and great place to bring visiting foreign relatives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As close to St Marks as you can getgwbuildDined on 10/13/2014Having been to Venice and spent some amount of time there, we were pleased to see this "replica" of St Marks. We knew immediately on entering the area what it was. Canaletto's wasn't really ON the canals as we had hoped, but it didn't matter. Our "outside" seating was spot-on for a great night out with friends. Good energy, ambiance, periodic live music compliments of the Venetian. Couldn't really give it any bad marks, and our service was the best we'd had in Vegas for the trip. Definitely recommended for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RCCdineDined on 10/12/2014The restaurant was situated in St Marks Square in the Venetian hotel. We had a table outside which is really in the hotel but labeled st marks's square. The ambiance made our dinner experience very enjoyable. Food is reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner October 12, 2014SteveMVIPDined on 10/12/2014I have been to Canaletto many times over the years while visiting Vegas. This time didn't disappoint. The ambiance of sitting "outside" along the Venetian Hotel Canal with a trio of musicians playing in the background make for a relating dinner at a busy restaurant. The food was great. I'm sure I'll be back again.Special Features:
- Like being at a Venetian CafeChaccofVIPDined on 10/11/2014Our first trip to Vegas included a stop at Canaletto - it's was like eating at an outdoor cafe near a canal in Venice. Really a neat experience. The food was outstanding as well. I've had experiences in the past with restaurant relies on a really unique ambiance to over come not so great food. That was not the case here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent and well priced, fun atmosphere, good food and friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected.AivlysDined on 10/7/2014The waitress was very nice - and this is a point I want to reinforce. The rest ... not so. My friend and I asked for the same entrée: Scalopinne milanese or a name similar to this one. We could not eat them because they were salty, salty, salty! I am a person who likes salt. I am the kind of person who normally eats with the salt by my side. And I could not eat that !! We complained and they offered a Spaghetti Bolognese which was good. They did not charge for the Scalopinne . It must have happened some problem in the kitchen and we can understand this. But, overall, I would not go back.Special Features:
- Disappointed This TimeCalabreseDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I eat at Canaletto's each time we come to Las Vegas. This visit, after raving about the food to friends, we brought 2 other couples with us. Our reservation and seating request were promptly honored. However, for the first time, 4 out of the 6 meals were brought to the table cold. We waited a long time for the food to arrive, and I think it may have been sitting for a long time before it reached our table. While we were waiting for our meal, a very large group of Chinese tourists were led in, and I don't know if that contributed to the delays for the rest of the diners. One of our guests sent the meal back to be reheated, three of us did not. The meal came back hot, but lost its freshness - it went uneaten.Special Features:
- always goodtravelguruDined on 10/2/2014This was my 4th visit with business clients and this restaurant always impresses affordably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSngwrtrDined on 9/26/2014Fresh high quality delicious food. Great staff, try the crepe desert!Special Features:
- Great place!JohnOskiVIPDined on 9/25/2014Had dinner here with good friends - great food, great service, looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:
- Al Fresco dining indoorsArtsandSciencesDined on 9/25/2014We returned to Canaletto after being away for more than 10 years. The food was at least as good as it was in the past, and if anything the ambience was busier (and noisier) than ever, and we were there on a Thursday. Its setting near the "grand canal" and on the "piazza San Marco" in the Venetian resort/casino in Las Vegas is always interesting. In the past, the lighting progressed as if through 24 hours, but now it stayed constant as if in late evening. Too bad. The service was extremely attentive, and the wine list was heavily Italian and excellent. It was a special occasion for us (anniversary) and the customized dessert was perfect. All in all, a delightful evening experience.Special Features:
- chanel2606Dined on 9/21/2014Although we perfectly knew that we were not having dinner outside, it was very very similar ! A perfect Vegas landscape ! I am Italian, and I do not like to eat Italian abroad, but in this case the exception was worthwhile !Special Features:
- Fun place and fairly reasonable $occtrvlrDined on 9/21/2014Was surprised at how reasonably priced the menu is; that said, it definitely tends to be pizza and pasta heavy, so be ready for carbs! Really fun atmosphere on the Grand Canal in the Venetian. We had a reservation and were accommodated immediately, service was fairly quick and they give you bread while you wait for your food. I chose a risotto dish and it was super delicious, I ate all of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveRedveederDined on 9/20/2014The food is great, service good and the bill was $139 for three including tip. Salmon, veal and pasta with iced tea. It is Las Vegas after all
- Las Vegas Visit includes CanalettoBarbieDined on 9/18/2014Every year when we come to Las Vegas for the VEW convention, I always make a reservation for my customers and myself to enjoy and dine at Canaletto ! The food in fantastic, the location feels just like you are sitting in St. Marks Square in Venice, and the service is exceptional. I have NEVER had a bad experience at this venue. Marcello is a rare gem at this restaurant. He always makes us feel so welcome and remembers me easily each year and always comments too about my mother which is so thoughtful. I would strongly recommend the restaurant to you as well ! Bon appetito !!Special Features:
- Italian Gem in Market Squaredine4wineDined on 9/14/2014Great spot to enjoy outside dining in Market Square at the Venetian. The Cannelloni was outstanding and the gelato for desert was to die for. Prices were quite reasonable for dining at the Palazzo and Venetian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table 26VermontfamilyDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is a gem and we were seated at Table 26. Doesn't get any better....get service, food and the best table for two in the house.Special Features:
- WonderfulverixDined on 9/11/2014A beautiful place with an excelent food, where you can stay with good friends or the one you love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place:)FaraVIPDined on 9/10/2014Perfect place to dine... Consistently good food and service.Special Features:
- not as good as in previous yearsDanikaVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been going to this restaurant for a few years now. Unfortunatelly the quality of food is just not the same as it was in the past. Last year I had the Sant Erasmo risotto and for the past 12 months I kept thinking about how good it was and how I was looking forward to go back to Vegas and order it again. I did come back to Vegas and ordered it and it was just not good. I am not sure if they changed the recipe.... The risotto was very dry, the artichokes were tough (I couldn't even eat half of them). On a brighter side my husband's risotto was better (he had the one with stinging nettles). We will probably give this place another try next year and hopefully the food is going to taste better.Special Features:
- Great Authentic ItalianDavidBVIPDined on 9/4/2014We've been to Vegas at least 30 times and never found truly authentic Italian until now. Sinatra at the encore is great, but it is not authentic Italian in a real sense. Canaletto is. Even to the point of being in an eerily accurate setting that is a recreation of St. Mark's Square. Great food, great service, great scenery, wonderful operatic music echoing throughout the square. We will now make a point of visiting Canaletto whenever we return to the city.Special Features:
- Lovely wedding dinnerlovestotravelDined on 9/2/2014Recently had my wedding dinner at Canaletto in the outside area. The place is beautiful, very romantic with a great atmosphere. The food was amazing, would recommend for a nice romantic dinner or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodclubmacDined on 8/30/2014We sat inside the resturaunt in a back room with a round table for 11. It was perfect. The veranda area , out in the mail was way too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.