3377 Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Venetian and Palazzo
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: 7027330070
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Thursday: 11:30am – 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 11:30am – 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gianpaolo Putzu
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: From wedding receptions to business luncheons and cocktail events, let our professionals handle all the details! A combination of all five private dining rooms may be reserved for a reception of 300+ guests or a sit down dinner for 175.
A word from Canaletto
Located on the Canal at the Venetian Resort. Enjoy award winning authentic Italian cuisine. Breathtaking views of St. Mark's Square, the Grand Canal, and gondolas passing below. Created by the founders of Il Fornaio restaurants, Canaletto is the ultimate Venetian dining experience. Specialties include wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade pastas; pizzas; fresh salads and housemade soups; a wide variety of desserts; and fresh baked bread made daily from scratch. Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence 2007. Open for lunch and dinner daily. Private rooms are available with an event coordinator on-site.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Canaletto reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (49)romantic (49)special occasion (47)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (33)notable wine list (23)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (19)great for lunch (17)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (6)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- debiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Food was delicious. Restaurant was a little expensive for the incidentals like salad and a glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014It was loud, not enough space between tables, the wait staff was unattentive, but that risotto was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed on our first visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Food is great, service (our server was James) is awesome, and great place to bring visiting foreign relatives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As close to St Marks as you can getgwbuildDined on 10/13/2014Having been to Venice and spent some amount of time there, we were pleased to see this "replica" of St Marks. We knew immediately on entering the area what it was. Canaletto's wasn't really ON the canals as we had hoped, but it didn't matter. Our "outside" seating was spot-on for a great night out with friends. Good energy, ambiance, periodic live music compliments of the Venetian. Couldn't really give it any bad marks, and our service was the best we'd had in Vegas for the trip. Definitely recommended for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RCCdineDined on 10/12/2014The restaurant was situated in St Marks Square in the Venetian hotel. We had a table outside which is really in the hotel but labeled st marks's square. The ambiance made our dinner experience very enjoyable. Food is reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner October 12, 2014SteveMDined on 10/12/2014I have been to Canaletto many times over the years while visiting Vegas. This time didn't disappoint. The ambiance of sitting "outside" along the Venetian Hotel Canal with a trio of musicians playing in the background make for a relating dinner at a busy restaurant. The food was great. I'm sure I'll be back again.Special Features:
- Like being at a Venetian CafeChaccofVIPDined on 10/11/2014Our first trip to Vegas included a stop at Canaletto - it's was like eating at an outdoor cafe near a canal in Venice. Really a neat experience. The food was outstanding as well. I've had experiences in the past with restaurant relies on a really unique ambiance to over come not so great food. That was not the case here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent and well priced, fun atmosphere, good food and friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected.AivlysDined on 10/7/2014The waitress was very nice - and this is a point I want to reinforce. The rest ... not so. My friend and I asked for the same entrée: Scalopinne milanese or a name similar to this one. We could not eat them because they were salty, salty, salty! I am a person who likes salt. I am the kind of person who normally eats with the salt by my side. And I could not eat that !! We complained and they offered a Spaghetti Bolognese which was good. They did not charge for the Scalopinne . It must have happened some problem in the kitchen and we can understand this. But, overall, I would not go back.Special Features:
- Disappointed This TimeCalabreseDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I eat at Canaletto's each time we come to Las Vegas. This visit, after raving about the food to friends, we brought 2 other couples with us. Our reservation and seating request were promptly honored. However, for the first time, 4 out of the 6 meals were brought to the table cold. We waited a long time for the food to arrive, and I think it may have been sitting for a long time before it reached our table. While we were waiting for our meal, a very large group of Chinese tourists were led in, and I don't know if that contributed to the delays for the rest of the diners. One of our guests sent the meal back to be reheated, three of us did not. The meal came back hot, but lost its freshness - it went uneaten.Special Features:
- always goodtravelguruDined on 10/2/2014This was my 4th visit with business clients and this restaurant always impresses affordably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSngwrtrDined on 9/26/2014Fresh high quality delicious food. Great staff, try the crepe desert!Special Features:
- Great place!JohnOskiVIPDined on 9/25/2014Had dinner here with good friends - great food, great service, looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:
- Al Fresco dining indoorsArtsandSciencesDined on 9/25/2014We returned to Canaletto after being away for more than 10 years. The food was at least as good as it was in the past, and if anything the ambience was busier (and noisier) than ever, and we were there on a Thursday. Its setting near the "grand canal" and on the "piazza San Marco" in the Venetian resort/casino in Las Vegas is always interesting. In the past, the lighting progressed as if through 24 hours, but now it stayed constant as if in late evening. Too bad. The service was extremely attentive, and the wine list was heavily Italian and excellent. It was a special occasion for us (anniversary) and the customized dessert was perfect. All in all, a delightful evening experience.Special Features:
- chanel2606Dined on 9/21/2014Although we perfectly knew that we were not having dinner outside, it was very very similar ! A perfect Vegas landscape ! I am Italian, and I do not like to eat Italian abroad, but in this case the exception was worthwhile !Special Features:
- Fun place and fairly reasonable $occtrvlrDined on 9/21/2014Was surprised at how reasonably priced the menu is; that said, it definitely tends to be pizza and pasta heavy, so be ready for carbs! Really fun atmosphere on the Grand Canal in the Venetian. We had a reservation and were accommodated immediately, service was fairly quick and they give you bread while you wait for your food. I chose a risotto dish and it was super delicious, I ate all of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveRedveederDined on 9/20/2014The food is great, service good and the bill was $139 for three including tip. Salmon, veal and pasta with iced tea. It is Las Vegas after all
- Las Vegas Visit includes CanalettoBarbieDined on 9/18/2014Every year when we come to Las Vegas for the VEW convention, I always make a reservation for my customers and myself to enjoy and dine at Canaletto ! The food in fantastic, the location feels just like you are sitting in St. Marks Square in Venice, and the service is exceptional. I have NEVER had a bad experience at this venue. Marcello is a rare gem at this restaurant. He always makes us feel so welcome and remembers me easily each year and always comments too about my mother which is so thoughtful. I would strongly recommend the restaurant to you as well ! Bon appetito !!Special Features:
- Italian Gem in Market Squaredine4wineDined on 9/14/2014Great spot to enjoy outside dining in Market Square at the Venetian. The Cannelloni was outstanding and the gelato for desert was to die for. Prices were quite reasonable for dining at the Palazzo and Venetian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table 26VermontfamilyDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is a gem and we were seated at Table 26. Doesn't get any better....get service, food and the best table for two in the house.Special Features:
- WonderfulverixDined on 9/11/2014A beautiful place with an excelent food, where you can stay with good friends or the one you love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place:)FaraVIPDined on 9/10/2014Perfect place to dine... Consistently good food and service.Special Features:
- not as good as in previous yearsDanikaVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been going to this restaurant for a few years now. Unfortunatelly the quality of food is just not the same as it was in the past. Last year I had the Sant Erasmo risotto and for the past 12 months I kept thinking about how good it was and how I was looking forward to go back to Vegas and order it again. I did come back to Vegas and ordered it and it was just not good. I am not sure if they changed the recipe.... The risotto was very dry, the artichokes were tough (I couldn't even eat half of them). On a brighter side my husband's risotto was better (he had the one with stinging nettles). We will probably give this place another try next year and hopefully the food is going to taste better.Special Features:
- Great Authentic ItalianDavidBVIPDined on 9/4/2014We've been to Vegas at least 30 times and never found truly authentic Italian until now. Sinatra at the encore is great, but it is not authentic Italian in a real sense. Canaletto is. Even to the point of being in an eerily accurate setting that is a recreation of St. Mark's Square. Great food, great service, great scenery, wonderful operatic music echoing throughout the square. We will now make a point of visiting Canaletto whenever we return to the city.Special Features:
- Lovely wedding dinnerlovestotravelDined on 9/2/2014Recently had my wedding dinner at Canaletto in the outside area. The place is beautiful, very romantic with a great atmosphere. The food was amazing, would recommend for a nice romantic dinner or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodclubmacDined on 8/30/2014We sat inside the resturaunt in a back room with a round table for 11. It was perfect. The veranda area , out in the mail was way too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location-Bad FoodHungryItalianDined on 8/26/2014If your looking for real Italian dining Canaletto is not it. Great location in Vegas but that is it. Every coarse of our meal was not good to the salad to the Main dish. Dry Salad,overcooked Rissoto. May be good for lunch or if your looking for a good atmosphere but if you want quality Italian food look elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great ambienceFrolic1Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I always eat here when we're in Las Vegas. We like the "outdoor patio" near the Venice Canal and we appreciate that they offer gluten free pasta. This time, we shared a mozzarella and tomato caprese salad, he had gluten free pasta with sausage and mushroom sauce, I had the gnocchi bolognese with a side order if sautéed broccolini. Both pastas were prepared well and delicious, but the vegetables were not good. The tomatoes arrived ice cold and, therefore not sweet or juicy. The broccolini were too crisp, and they were steamed, not sautéed in olive oil and garlic. An authentic Italian restaurant should know better.Special Features:
- DisappointedEdixon918Dined on 8/22/2014Canaletto has long been one of my favorite restaurants at the Venetian, but this time they missed the mark...calamari was rubbery, tomatoes were frozen (or not ripe) with no flavor, our main entree took 45 minutes to come out- I think they forgot about us. I'm hoping they just had a bad night and this was a one time poor meal; it'd be a shame to have to cross this restaurant off our list.Special Features:
- Dislike serviceDislikeserviceDined on 8/22/2014The waiters would stand on the side and talk about the customers and you can hear it, if you sit close to the front. Our specific waiter was not very social and seem judgemental.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, improve service3ctheusaDined on 8/22/2014Of course the atmosphere is terrific. Everything in Vegas is over the top. When it comes down to it, what matters is the quality of the food and service. The food was good, not exceptional. The service was poor. Our server was not attentive or friendly, I would not recommend this restaurant. Lots of other places to try.Special Features:
- poor hostingbadoneDined on 8/17/2014Though we had a reservation, we have been told to come back in 30-45 minutes!!!, and then when we checked back , few times, finally after one hour, we were asked to go to the bar , and wait for another 20 minutes or so. I asked to talk with the manager, who did nothing, not even offering a free drink at the bar. Poorly organized, and unfriendly hosting staff. Would not recommend to go there at all.
- Dinner at Cannalettochefe2dineDined on 8/17/2014our experience was both memorable and enjoyable. our service was outstanding.though our area was full our server returned to us again and again to check if there was anything he could get for us . both of his wine suggestions were very delicious and our food was amazing.the patio sitting was romantic and estheticly pleasing. we will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayFoodiegalDined on 8/15/2014The place itself has a beautiful ambiance. The food was pretty good. The service was pretty slow here and there. Overall I would try this place again.Special Features:
- The Last SupperOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/15/2014We have enjoyed this restaurant on many occassions. This will be our last visit. We arrived to a being recieved by a hotess who should work in the back room of a super marker. We requested a certain type of table and without looking up she advised us they were all reserved. I mentioned we also had a reservation. No response just sent us on our way. We eventually moved with the help of the manager. The meal was well served by our waitress however she was handicapped by the quality of what came out of the kitchen. Not sure what's going on but managerment needs to find out and fast.
- YikesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Horrible food and service. Period! Don't waste your money.
- Gem near Venetian HotelFranVIPDined on 8/13/2014If you want to dine and feel like you are in Italy , then this is the place to go for excellent food and service. ZGood place to practice your Italian!
- Great food!mangiatimeDined on 8/11/2014This place is in the "outdoor" Saint Mark's Square of the Venetian ( they have indoor tables), and it's not at all noisy or people intrusive. Food was awesome. Pasta is great. Go to an Italian restaurant order pasta, and this one did not disappoint at all. This was our second time at Canaletto and there will be a third when we go back to Vegas.Special Features:
- Very goodMoneyDined on 8/8/2014My girlfriend and I really enjoyed eating here everything was amazing will be there next Vegas tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice DinnersviceDined on 8/6/2014The food was very good! Our waiter was very nice and had a great personality! We had a nice bottle of wine with dinner based on his suggestion of Italian wines which I am not familiar with. We are from the wine country in CA so we know our wines! He did a good job suggesting a bottle of us. The inside dining room is nice but nothing to knock your socks off. If you sit on the patio just beware it has a lot of tables close by one another. But good for people watching if you want that. Inside where we were, there were people around us in shorts whereas we were dressed up. Guess I should have looked into it a bit more for proper attire. But, really this is great place to eat!! Enjoy you won't be disappointed!!Special Features: