3377 Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Venetian and Palazzo
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ilfornaio.com/
- Phone: 7027330070
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Thursday: 11:30am – 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 11:30am – 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gianpaolo Putzu
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: From wedding receptions to business luncheons and cocktail events, let our professionals handle all the details! A combination of all five private dining rooms may be reserved for a reception of 300+ guests or a sit down dinner for 175.
A word from Canaletto
Located on the Canal at the Venetian Resort. Enjoy award winning authentic Italian cuisine. Breathtaking views of St. Mark's Square, the Grand Canal, and gondolas passing below. Created by the founders of Il Fornaio restaurants, Canaletto is the ultimate Venetian dining experience. Specialties include wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade pastas; pizzas; fresh salads and housemade soups; a wide variety of desserts; and fresh baked bread made daily from scratch. Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence 2007. Open for lunch and dinner daily. Private rooms are available with an event coordinator on-site.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Canaletto reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (48)romantic (46)special occasion (46)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (29)notable wine list (25)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (20)great for lunch (13)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (7)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Table 26VermontfamilyDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is a gem and we were seated at Table 26. Doesn't get any better....get service, food and the best table for two in the house.Special Features:
- WonderfulverixDined on 9/11/2014A beautiful place with an excelent food, where you can stay with good friends or the one you love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place:)FaraVIPDined on 9/10/2014Perfect place to dine... Consistently good food and service.Special Features:
- not as good as in previous yearsDanikaVIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been going to this restaurant for a few years now. Unfortunatelly the quality of food is just not the same as it was in the past. Last year I had the Sant Erasmo risotto and for the past 12 months I kept thinking about how good it was and how I was looking forward to go back to Vegas and order it again. I did come back to Vegas and ordered it and it was just not good. I am not sure if they changed the recipe.... The risotto was very dry, the artichokes were tough (I couldn't even eat half of them). On a brighter side my husband's risotto was better (he had the one with stinging nettles). We will probably give this place another try next year and hopefully the food is going to taste better.Special Features:
- Great Authentic ItalianDavidBVIPDined on 9/4/2014We've been to Vegas at least 30 times and never found truly authentic Italian until now. Sinatra at the encore is great, but it is not authentic Italian in a real sense. Canaletto is. Even to the point of being in an eerily accurate setting that is a recreation of St. Mark's Square. Great food, great service, great scenery, wonderful operatic music echoing throughout the square. We will now make a point of visiting Canaletto whenever we return to the city.Special Features:
- Lovely wedding dinnerlovestotravelDined on 9/2/2014Recently had my wedding dinner at Canaletto in the outside area. The place is beautiful, very romantic with a great atmosphere. The food was amazing, would recommend for a nice romantic dinner or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodclubmacDined on 8/30/2014We sat inside the resturaunt in a back room with a round table for 11. It was perfect. The veranda area , out in the mail was way too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location-Bad FoodHungryItalianDined on 8/26/2014If your looking for real Italian dining Canaletto is not it. Great location in Vegas but that is it. Every coarse of our meal was not good to the salad to the Main dish. Dry Salad,overcooked Rissoto. May be good for lunch or if your looking for a good atmosphere but if you want quality Italian food look elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great ambienceFrolic1Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I always eat here when we're in Las Vegas. We like the "outdoor patio" near the Venice Canal and we appreciate that they offer gluten free pasta. This time, we shared a mozzarella and tomato caprese salad, he had gluten free pasta with sausage and mushroom sauce, I had the gnocchi bolognese with a side order if sautéed broccolini. Both pastas were prepared well and delicious, but the vegetables were not good. The tomatoes arrived ice cold and, therefore not sweet or juicy. The broccolini were too crisp, and they were steamed, not sautéed in olive oil and garlic. An authentic Italian restaurant should know better.Special Features:
- DisappointedEdixon918Dined on 8/22/2014Canaletto has long been one of my favorite restaurants at the Venetian, but this time they missed the mark...calamari was rubbery, tomatoes were frozen (or not ripe) with no flavor, our main entree took 45 minutes to come out- I think they forgot about us. I'm hoping they just had a bad night and this was a one time poor meal; it'd be a shame to have to cross this restaurant off our list.Special Features:
- Dislike serviceDislikeserviceDined on 8/22/2014The waiters would stand on the side and talk about the customers and you can hear it, if you sit close to the front. Our specific waiter was not very social and seem judgemental.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, improve service3ctheusaDined on 8/22/2014Of course the atmosphere is terrific. Everything in Vegas is over the top. When it comes down to it, what matters is the quality of the food and service. The food was good, not exceptional. The service was poor. Our server was not attentive or friendly, I would not recommend this restaurant. Lots of other places to try.Special Features:
- poor hostingbadoneDined on 8/17/2014Though we had a reservation, we have been told to come back in 30-45 minutes!!!, and then when we checked back , few times, finally after one hour, we were asked to go to the bar , and wait for another 20 minutes or so. I asked to talk with the manager, who did nothing, not even offering a free drink at the bar. Poorly organized, and unfriendly hosting staff. Would not recommend to go there at all.
- Dinner at Cannalettochefe2dineDined on 8/17/2014our experience was both memorable and enjoyable. our service was outstanding.though our area was full our server returned to us again and again to check if there was anything he could get for us . both of his wine suggestions were very delicious and our food was amazing.the patio sitting was romantic and estheticly pleasing. we will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayFoodiegalDined on 8/15/2014The place itself has a beautiful ambiance. The food was pretty good. The service was pretty slow here and there. Overall I would try this place again.Special Features:
- The Last SupperOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/15/2014We have enjoyed this restaurant on many occassions. This will be our last visit. We arrived to a being recieved by a hotess who should work in the back room of a super marker. We requested a certain type of table and without looking up she advised us they were all reserved. I mentioned we also had a reservation. No response just sent us on our way. We eventually moved with the help of the manager. The meal was well served by our waitress however she was handicapped by the quality of what came out of the kitchen. Not sure what's going on but managerment needs to find out and fast.
- YikesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Horrible food and service. Period! Don't waste your money.
- Gem near Venetian HotelFranVIPDined on 8/13/2014If you want to dine and feel like you are in Italy , then this is the place to go for excellent food and service. ZGood place to practice your Italian!
- Great food!mangiatimeDined on 8/11/2014This place is in the "outdoor" Saint Mark's Square of the Venetian ( they have indoor tables), and it's not at all noisy or people intrusive. Food was awesome. Pasta is great. Go to an Italian restaurant order pasta, and this one did not disappoint at all. This was our second time at Canaletto and there will be a third when we go back to Vegas.Special Features:
- Very goodMoneyDined on 8/8/2014My girlfriend and I really enjoyed eating here everything was amazing will be there next Vegas tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice DinnersviceDined on 8/6/2014The food was very good! Our waiter was very nice and had a great personality! We had a nice bottle of wine with dinner based on his suggestion of Italian wines which I am not familiar with. We are from the wine country in CA so we know our wines! He did a good job suggesting a bottle of us. The inside dining room is nice but nothing to knock your socks off. If you sit on the patio just beware it has a lot of tables close by one another. But good for people watching if you want that. Inside where we were, there were people around us in shorts whereas we were dressed up. Guess I should have looked into it a bit more for proper attire. But, really this is great place to eat!! Enjoy you won't be disappointed!!Special Features:
- Delicious food & excellent serviceKitty1970Dined on 8/6/2014Canaletto was a wonderful restaurant! We had great service first at the bar from Wendy and then we had an excellent server, James for dinner. The food was outstanding and the wine and sangria were very refreshing. The service was prompt and our waiter was friendly. I will definitely recommend Canaletto to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!!!!!loveitalianDined on 7/30/2014The food was fabulous. Very authentic Italian with delicious surprises on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FormidablePatrickDined on 7/28/2014J'avais réservé ce restaurant pour notre repas de mariage. Le cadre est vraiment très bien, et le repas a été parfait. Je le recommande à tous, que ce soit pour un mariage à 2 comme nous, pour un mariage avec des invités ou bien pour un repas sans occasion particulière. Vraiment génial.Special Features:
- Forgotten aboutCharlieDined on 7/23/2014I enjoyed my food and service until a large party arrived and then the waiter forgot about me. I sat for over 20 minutes after finishing my entree before he came back to ask if I wanted dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy, busy Italian restaurantdiningoutspecialistDined on 7/21/2014Service was spotty @ best. Food above average. 2 hour, noisy dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableFiszbinDined on 7/20/2014We sat on the "patio" overlooking the canal. The drinks were well made and the food was very good. The service left a little to be desired. Overall, good ambiance, decent food, service is lacking .Special Features:
- Be sure to visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Cantaletto was fantastic. The food and service was great. It was the perfect choice for my wife and I to celebrate our 10 year anniversary.Special Features:
- A gracious visit!GourmandMike1207Dined on 7/11/2014Canaletto helped accomplished a tremendous evening with my girlfriend. The waiters and servers were very hospitable and carried the ambiance to perfection, especially for the gondola ride that ensued! The assortment of breads was a welcoming introduction and the entrees didn't disappoint as well. Definitely will return in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good ItalianKarenDined on 7/11/2014Traditional Italian food at good prices for being in the heart of activity at the Venetian in Las Vegas. The cured meat appetizer was delicious but thin slices for $15. The pasta servings were generous and service was attentive. I would recommend if you are looking for traditional pasta dishes and a lively atmosphere. Gelato dessert was also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was nice & not amazing--goodfunVIPDined on 7/10/2014great for people watching food was good not great but fun environment! the service needs a lot of improvementSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/9/2014While the food and service were very good, we had a hard time reading the menu because it was so dark.Special Features:
- TexasDeanVIPDined on 7/3/2014The inside of Canaletto is beautiful but they didn't ask and sat us outside in a mass of humanity on the noisy patio. If you go there be sure to insist on the inside.
- Italy The New WaySeraCenaDined on 7/1/2014Friendly service. A great way to have Alfresco dinning without the elements interfering. A menu showing many selections. Plus an enactment of Italian street entertainment.Special Features:
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/30/2014Ordered Red Snapper special. Literally could not cut through with fork or knife; half cooked but also just a very bad, fatty type section of fish. NEVER send anything back but this was inedible. Offered salmon instead, but took over half an hour and we had all eaten and they had even cleared our table it had been so long. Obviously no communication among staff. Looked for mgr young guy in suit running around checking his phone not interacting/aware of guests later identified as such. Salmon arrived as we had credit card out to pay /exit- just all off. Salmon fair at best - had a few bites.They could see that, said nothing, presented bill w the $27 salmon on it. I paid/asked for mgr on way out and politely explained but minimal response.Special Features:
- Great foodTinadbDined on 6/28/2014We make it a point to always eat at Canaletto whenever we are in Vegas. The food is great. We have never been disappointed We like like sitting out and listening to the music playing and people watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JayCeeDined on 6/27/2014We took some out of town guests there for lunch. The service was attentive but not intrusive, the food was delicious and the ambience wonderful. We sat in the outside patio area and were able to see the entertainers do their singing act for part of our meal, it was very enjoyable. We've had dinner there in the past and loved it. We will certainly be going back again soon. Not an inexpensive place for lunch, but well worth it for the experience and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceWebGuyFLTXDined on 6/26/2014I dined alone and sat "outside" on a Thursday evening. Outside is actually the courtyard with cloud painted ceilings and surroundings to simulate sitting outside on St. Mark's square in Italy. It was very nice and they had live music playing. The food and service were outstanding as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large PartyLuvFineDiningDined on 6/26/2014The food was excellent. The service was a little slower at times, but we had a large party of 9 with children. They were accommodating with making a dish my 10 yr old son would like. Very nice restaurant with great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CanalettoPJPJDined on 6/25/2014The Italian food was fantastic and the presentation was exquisite. The dishes had special touches that made them different from what is usually seen. We were very pleased with the service, food, and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.