Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino
4500 West Tropicana Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89103Neighborhood:
The Orleans Hotel & Casino
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.orleanscasino.com/dining/canal-street
- Phone: 7023657550
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Richard Wells
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino
An elegant, relaxing ambiance where you can reserve your fireside booth. Our chef has chosen the freshest of seafood and carefully aged meats to lovingly prepare memorable dinners for the most discriminating palate. Unique entrees and steaks or chops all await you nightly. Voted "Best Hotel Steak House In Las Vegas" in the Las Vegas Review-Journal Dining Editors' Poll.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino - Best Restaurants in The Orleans Hotel & Casino ›
Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (42)special occasion (40)notable wine list (16)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (11)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Absolutely fantastic meal! From the very kind host, to the outstanding service to the great food, whole whole experience was amazing. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Our experience was wonderful, do to a lovely server named MartaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night Out With My MomOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014My mother and I dined at Canal Street this past Wednesday. It is such a lovely restaurant. The food was so very good. It was perfectly prepared. I had steak and crab legs. It came with a wonderful dinner salad , mushroom risotto, vegetables, rolls and ice cream with berries for dessert. The service staff was professional, attentive and friendly. Yes, I will recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in dumpy casinoMax8Dined on 8/23/2014Surprising to find such a nice restaurant in a smelly casino.Special Features:
- ExcellentnostalgicguyDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I were dressed up for dinner and a show when we went to Canal Street. Something that I believe is fading away. ( Dressing up for dinner ) I wanted a very nice dinner before we went to see Don Rickles. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was very good. The service was great. I will defintely go there again when I go to Vegas. Thank you for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElviraDined on 8/16/2014I had the steak and lobster special. My filet was perfectly seasoned, cooked exactly as ordered, and delicious. The lobster tail was fresh, fluffy and succulent, probably the best lobster tail I have eaten in Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ReviewccokerDined on 8/16/2014The F & B manager Chris was very helpful and our waiter Lorenzo and busser Carlos were fine and that the host (man) tried to help us but the host (female) that greeted us and seated us the first time could have cared less about our comfort or satisfaction. She seated us right at the table next to the front door. When we asked to be moved, she simply said no and they were booked solid and no other tables were available. We saw tables in the back but she explained that part of the restaurant was closed. It was very apparent that she could care less about what we wanted and moved onto others. Even seating couples without reservations in the very seats we were told were booked. Her bad service and attitude got them a 3 instead of a 5 rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and show!WndrwmnDined on 8/9/2014Every time I go to Canal street is a great social and dining event. We plan to go to Canal prior to seeing A show it's a very nice leisurely night out. I have friends that do the same thing. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOneofakindDined on 8/1/2014Food was great appetizer dinner and dessert was just tasteful A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!dougandsharyDined on 8/1/2014Incredibly attentive, yet unobtrusive staff, wonderful ambiance and quiet atmosphere. We were celebrating a birthday, a 3rd and a 38th anniversary and could not have been more pleased with the entire experience. Thanks to John and his staff for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarrieDined on 8/1/2014The food is always great-same as the service. It's cozy atomsphere lets you relax and unwind without being rushed. Wine list is wonderful and not over priced...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely DinnertomaDined on 7/26/2014Wife and I again enjoyed our dinner at Canal Street. She had a half-rack of lamb med-rare and I had the veal chop. Both done nicely and her green beans were cooked thru, yet firm. We ordered a side of scalloped potatoes, which were also cooked through, yet firm. Had an excellent Sangiovese with dinner. Bananas Foster, flambe'd perfectly tableside for dessert. One portion was enough to share. All for less than $125. Service was timely and attentive, yet not rushed. One of my favorite restaurants in Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SJRcj3Dined on 7/25/2014We had horrible service. It took our waiter over a half an hour to take our order from the time we sat down. He was no where to be found. We literally stood up in the restaurant and waived our hands in the air to get someone's attention. Finally the hostess came over to take our order, then the waiter decided to show up to finish it. He was very rushed and pre occupied. Plus, he never came back to the table to check on us. The food came out cold. We did not dare tell the waiter. Who knew how long it would have taken to get our ordered replaced. It tasted fair. They advertise themselves as a New Orleans restaurant, but the food is quite bland. New Orleans food has spices and some kick or heat to it, not here. We were just very disappointed.
- Eating in the bayourarahraeDined on 7/25/2014As soon as we were greeted it was a great experience. They have top notch food at decent prices. The diver scallops and pesto linguine were amazing, and my filet mignon was well done and I could still cut it with my fork. Amazing food, amazing service. Not good for children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canal Street diningoldLV1Dined on 7/24/2014The Canal Street is a superb dining experience with moderate pricing. We have always had a satisfying dining experience at the Canal Street. The only negative is the "designer" water poured table-side @ $1.50 per glass. Overall, I would give it an excellent rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodArettDined on 7/20/2014Their scalloped potatoes with blue cheese are out of this world. Filet is tender and delicious.Special Features:
- local favoriteDeanLovesCanalStreetDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I love Canal Street. The BEST lobster bisque in town, great choices whether it's steak, seafood or the specials. We go at least once a week and will continue to do so. The ONLY complaint is for some reason they are closed on Monday and Tuesday. As this is Las Vegas and they are only open for dinner, I feel they are losing out on customers as it's the only "fine" dining at the Orleans. Other than that I have zero complaints about the restaurant and hope more people try it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PasowineluverDined on 7/9/2014Excellent value for your money. Food we'll prepared and served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice evening.ellsworthDined on 7/4/2014Have been there twice and both times were a very nice experience. Not rushed, but food was brought out as soon as ready. Great house salad and wonderful beef. Had the same choice both times. The first was a little better, but this may be because we were there on July 4th the second time and perhaps it was a different chef... Still well worth it and the prices are reasonable as far as gourmet rooms go. Will go again.Special Features:
- Fabulous!jimnlindaDined on 7/2/2014Very attentive staff while remaining unobtrusive. A special place to go for fine dining without having to dress up.Special Features:
- Great dining.luluDined on 6/28/2014We ate at Canal Street on June 28th, 2015 before we went to see the Three Dog Night concert. Our service was wonderful as was the food. All of the staff was very friendly and we will go back again when we visit Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and too great serviceNo2NickDined on 6/28/2014We went early Saturday evening and got seated right away - a little before our reservation time. Enjoyed the New Orleans motif, loved the scallops and sea bass. Shared two sides between two people, and didn't need them: with the pasta that came with the scallops, one side would have been plenty. So, portions are generous, food was delicious. Only small issue was we kept getting approached by staff, asking "how is everything? alright?" Must have been interrupted by that question 6-7 times during one meal; that's a bit much; after the first 2-3 times, if we'd needed something we'd have asked for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at it's best!!FoodieDined on 6/28/2014What a wonderful gem in Las Vegas located in the Orleans Hotel/casino. You are welcomed by John with a warm and inviting greeting and treated professionally by all of the wait staff. The menu offers tasty classics as well as new & exciting menu choices all tastefully presented and properly cooked to order. The atmosphere is lovely and relaxing. Their house salad is a treat in itself...not an average boring mixed salad, but with candied nuts and other ingredients...a party in your mouth. I had the french onion soup & rack of lamb that was flavourful and cooked to perfection. The vegetables were not overcooked...all perfect. We even had the pleasure of interacting with the chef personally. This is a treat and one that should not be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can Have a CoversationCttwinsVIPDined on 6/21/2014So many restaurants are blasting music and you can't have a conversation. We appreciated the ability to be able to talk. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- SeafoodLuv2eatDined on 6/18/2014My wife truly enjoyed the seafood tower. Also my steak had great flavor. But a little over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Julia Hostess TOPSDAVEWAIKIKIVIPDined on 6/13/2014Julia was very professional in handling our special requests! Lorenzo, server, very professional & seasoned King Crab legs were cold upon serving main dishes.Special Features:
- RedoGary1958Dined on 6/13/2014Made strip back after a bad experience. Food was marginal. Server was great. Wouldn't recommend for the moneySpecial Features:
- Excellent Services at Canal StreetBlackjackDined on 5/31/2014LORENZO and CARLOS have their positions down to perfection. The water glass or drinks never get to the bottom. Everybody from the moment you walk treats you like you are important and tends to your needs. I was expecting more steak selection but they keep it simple. Steaks exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2014Family have stayed at Orleans Hotel & Casino 20+ times but never tried Canal Street. Husband and I celebrated 29th Wedding Anniversary over Memorial Day weekend. He and I had dinner there for the 1st time. We were very happy with our experience. Staff was friendly, our Server, Maria was very good and food was also very good. Overall, very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- CullyCullyDined on 5/25/2014I ordered the Osso Bucco...EXCELLENT!!! It also came with a great salad & a mushroom risotto...both were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatmarlolaDined on 5/24/2014Couldn't have been better, would go again without thinking twiceSpecial Features:
- Delightfully SurprisingCruidinDined on 5/15/2014To find this restaurant in such a noisy casino was such a welcome surprise. The atmosphere is quiet and elegant and the staff is attentive. My mushroom risotto was slightly overcooked and judging from the presentation, I think that's the way they do it. Other than that, all our other selections were very nice. Large portions of side dishes and sharing is encouraged!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best bang for your buckHappy2goDined on 5/14/2014We continue to enjoy our neighborhood favorite, Canal St. Mother's Day success, a Special menu and their regular menu. John and Julie, the hosts were perfectly charming and assisted in explaining the special menu created by the chef. We feel so at home there with Carlos and Lorenzo attending to all our needs. While everyone is raising their prices, they continue to give the best value and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The host John was rude, obnoxious and has a God complex. If he acts this way again I will never go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice restauranttravis565Dined on 5/10/2014The wait staff was amazing as well as the food. We will definitely return to have dinner again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- starrDined on 5/10/2014"fantastic ' thank you canal street.. For a lovely evening!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Very good food. The service was a bit slow this time compared to the last visits. We really enjoyed this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 180 reviews are from the Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino reviews archive.
- hoboVIPDined on 4/23/2014Food was fantastic and service by Lorenzo and Carlos was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back.ellsworthDined on 4/23/2014A very delightful experience. The host/hostess, waiter and attendant staff were all well poised, and professional. Exceptional service. The food was wonderful. I can't imagine any better, elsewhere. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014The atmosphere is perfect for the romantic dining experience, or just stopping by for great food with friends. The food is spectacular. The rib eye steak is a must. The scalloped potatoes are a great side dish easily shared for two diners. The wine list is fantastic and the wine we chose was affordable. I recommend this restaurant for any one that wants to dine in a great atmosphere, enjoy great food, and experience excellent staff and service.Special Features: