Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino
4500 West Tropicana Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89103Neighborhood:
The Orleans Hotel & Casino
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.orleanscasino.com/dining/canal-street
- Phone: (702) 365-7550
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Richard Wells
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino
An elegant, relaxing ambiance where you can reserve your fireside booth. Our chef has chosen the freshest of seafood and carefully aged meats to lovingly prepare memorable dinners for the most discriminating palate. Unique entrees and steaks or chops all await you nightly. Voted "Best Hotel Steak House In Las Vegas" in the Las Vegas Review-Journal Dining Editors' Poll.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino - Best Restaurants in The Orleans Hotel & Casino ›
Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (43)romantic (37)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (14)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (11)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Prime ribAngelaDined on 11/19/2014Everything was excellent until we got the prime rib. It looked wonderful and had a nice taste but the texture was very disappointing! It was tough and chewy. Not as good as the last time we had dinner there. The service was great and the salad was wonderful. I love the scenery on the wall. But, I probably won't have the prime rib again. I will stick to the filel mignon!! Angela RushSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canal StreetDeniseDined on 11/12/2014I took my best friend here for her birthday. The manager greeted us at the door and thanked us for picking Canal Street. That was the first plus. A basket of bread was brought out to the table with a spoon of watermelon with feta cheese on top. Delicious. We ordered the calamari appetizer and the salad was not brought out until we had eaten this appetizer. The dinner was very good and the waiters superb, We were not rushed and had plenty of time to visit. I highly recommend this restaurant, especially for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PixieDined on 11/9/2014We enjoyed our experience at Canal Street. The food was great and the service excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notchfoodlover2014Dined on 11/7/2014the food was elegant and the atmosphere was nice and quiet. I would recommend you ask for a table by the fireplace for a more relaxed area instead of by the door and casinoSpecial Features:
- Don&Joan think it is best in VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014We love the restaurant and even when just passing through Vagus will stop to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VivalasvegasvivalasvegasDined on 10/29/2014Dinner was perfect as usual ! The value is excellent in comparison with other restaurants and we have never been disappointed . I especially love the Sea Bass. Once again another Great visit !Special Features:
- And now for something AffordableOCOWLDined on 10/17/2014I was simply amazed at the menu selections available, and even more amazed to see the prices were more than reasonable. It is becoming harder and harder these days to find restaurants in Las Vegas that serve wonderful meals that are affordable. There were four of us, all from out of town. We had perused a number of menus on line, many of them from restaurants located on the Strip. The prices were off the chart! So we kept searching and found the Orleans was nearby. We were all thrilled with the results. We were well taken care of and the food was very good. It was nice and quiet so we could actually hear each other without yelling. The decor is rather unique. It's like we walked into a time capsule from decades past. We would return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableNotEasyToPleaseVIPDined on 10/12/2014First of all I liked this place, don't get me wrong of my review. Ceaser salad nice touch prepaired table side was just ok.Onion soup good, Osso boco cooked excellent very tender the problem was the sauce was not the right sauce for this dish much to sweet.crabs legs very good.the service was also very good.so there are hits and misses If you order the right things you be good.worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Forever FavoriteLeenyrDined on 10/3/2014We have been coming here for many years and have never been disappointed. This visit was no exception. I had surf & turf and my hubby had filet. Everything was marvelous as usual. Be sure to notice how the mural on the wall goes from daytime to nighttime, it's beautiful.Special Features:
- Poor food and the service was worseRJPESQDined on 9/27/2014Wanted to have a nice dinner before the Paula Poundstone show. What a disaster. Abell, our server, ignored us as his bus guy tried to cover for him. Salad was only fair. Had to return calamari as it was greasy. Prime rib was tough and tasteless. We wanted dessert but couldn't order the bananas foster as server was too busy. Stay away from this place!
- Casino GemJUSTOKDined on 9/11/2014We always dine at Canal Street. It's a gourmet room with not so gourmet prices. I wish they would revise the menu, I liked the one better they had a few years ago. Would like to see more meat, as lamb chops or different cuts of steaks. Still a good value, but not sure if we will return next year with the same menu.Special Features:
- KaskDined on 9/7/2014Great food, outstanding service and good atmosphere. It is five stars in anyone's book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent!valarieDined on 9/6/2014Food was good, service was good, decor was terrible. $20 bottles of wine on the menu was the highlight. I probably wouldn't go there again...too many other amazing options in Vegas, but overall, I wasn't disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buyer1Dined on 9/6/2014This was a major surprise, did not expect the quality of food or service. Staff was friendly and the food was outstanding and the prices were in line for the quality. Put this on your list of places to go in Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYABLE DININGhoboVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great restaurant with good service and outstanding food. Our waiter Able took good care of us and was very professional. We always look forward to our next visit and know that we will be happy. Great staff and great presentation. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014While the service was good...it was slow. I liked the quiet atmosphere but this took longer than it should have to have dinner.Special Features:
- Generic and LackingLVlocalDined on 8/31/2014All and all, Canal Street is a fine place to dine if you happen to be staying at Orleans. However, I wouldn't go out of my way again to eat there. Food was below average for fine dining, and server appeared stretched too thin. Additionally, the restaurant lacks a cocktail menu and the usual stockings for a full bar.Special Features:
- Excellent DinningExcellentDined on 8/31/2014Our experience at the Canal Street was awesome, the food was great, the service was awesome and the employee's were very nice and helpful. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to celebrate a anniversary or have a romantic dinner or any special occasion. I don't think its a good environment for kids and they are not open until 5:00pm so its only for dinner. We were so full and happy we could barely walk.Special Features:
- Must have had a bad day.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Heard a lot of good things but was disappointed. It started with the bread being hard and dry. Maybe yesterday's??? The bone in ribeye had a gamey taste to it and was dry. My wife said the King Crab legs were fishy. We both liked the house salad and the lobster bisque was decent. For $50+ a plate would expect a lot more, especially with all the options in Vegas.
- Great food and ServiceLikefoodDined on 8/28/2014Had a great meal at the canal street. Everything came out as expected. Food was very tasty and served at perfect temp and timing. The servers were all friendly and very responsive. overall a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!threetraxxDined on 8/28/2014Absolutely fantastic meal! From the very kind host, to the outstanding service to the great food, whole whole experience was amazing. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceSherriekkDined on 8/27/2014Our experience was wonderful, do to a lovely server named MartaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night Out With My MomOut2DinnerDined on 8/27/2014My mother and I dined at Canal Street this past Wednesday. It is such a lovely restaurant. The food was so very good. It was perfectly prepared. I had steak and crab legs. It came with a wonderful dinner salad , mushroom risotto, vegetables, rolls and ice cream with berries for dessert. The service staff was professional, attentive and friendly. Yes, I will recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in dumpy casinoMax8Dined on 8/23/2014Surprising to find such a nice restaurant in a smelly casino.Special Features:
- ExcellentnostalgicguyDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I were dressed up for dinner and a show when we went to Canal Street. Something that I believe is fading away. ( Dressing up for dinner ) I wanted a very nice dinner before we went to see Don Rickles. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was very good. The service was great. I will defintely go there again when I go to Vegas. Thank you for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElviraDined on 8/16/2014I had the steak and lobster special. My filet was perfectly seasoned, cooked exactly as ordered, and delicious. The lobster tail was fresh, fluffy and succulent, probably the best lobster tail I have eaten in Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ReviewccokerDined on 8/16/2014The F & B manager Chris was very helpful and our waiter Lorenzo and busser Carlos were fine and that the host (man) tried to help us but the host (female) that greeted us and seated us the first time could have cared less about our comfort or satisfaction. She seated us right at the table next to the front door. When we asked to be moved, she simply said no and they were booked solid and no other tables were available. We saw tables in the back but she explained that part of the restaurant was closed. It was very apparent that she could care less about what we wanted and moved onto others. Even seating couples without reservations in the very seats we were told were booked. Her bad service and attitude got them a 3 instead of a 5 rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and show!WndrwmnDined on 8/9/2014Every time I go to Canal street is a great social and dining event. We plan to go to Canal prior to seeing A show it's a very nice leisurely night out. I have friends that do the same thing. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOneofakindDined on 8/1/2014Food was great appetizer dinner and dessert was just tasteful A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!dougandsharyDined on 8/1/2014Incredibly attentive, yet unobtrusive staff, wonderful ambiance and quiet atmosphere. We were celebrating a birthday, a 3rd and a 38th anniversary and could not have been more pleased with the entire experience. Thanks to John and his staff for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarrieDined on 8/1/2014The food is always great-same as the service. It's cozy atomsphere lets you relax and unwind without being rushed. Wine list is wonderful and not over priced...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 207 reviews are from the Canal Street - Orleans Hotel & Casino reviews archive.
- Lovely DinnertomaDined on 7/26/2014Wife and I again enjoyed our dinner at Canal Street. She had a half-rack of lamb med-rare and I had the veal chop. Both done nicely and her green beans were cooked thru, yet firm. We ordered a side of scalloped potatoes, which were also cooked through, yet firm. Had an excellent Sangiovese with dinner. Bananas Foster, flambe'd perfectly tableside for dessert. One portion was enough to share. All for less than $125. Service was timely and attentive, yet not rushed. One of my favorite restaurants in Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SJRcj3Dined on 7/25/2014We had horrible service. It took our waiter over a half an hour to take our order from the time we sat down. He was no where to be found. We literally stood up in the restaurant and waived our hands in the air to get someone's attention. Finally the hostess came over to take our order, then the waiter decided to show up to finish it. He was very rushed and pre occupied. Plus, he never came back to the table to check on us. The food came out cold. We did not dare tell the waiter. Who knew how long it would have taken to get our ordered replaced. It tasted fair. They advertise themselves as a New Orleans restaurant, but the food is quite bland. New Orleans food has spices and some kick or heat to it, not here. We were just very disappointed.
- Eating in the bayourarahraeDined on 7/25/2014As soon as we were greeted it was a great experience. They have top notch food at decent prices. The diver scallops and pesto linguine were amazing, and my filet mignon was well done and I could still cut it with my fork. Amazing food, amazing service. Not good for children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canal Street diningoldLV1Dined on 7/24/2014The Canal Street is a superb dining experience with moderate pricing. We have always had a satisfying dining experience at the Canal Street. The only negative is the "designer" water poured table-side @ $1.50 per glass. Overall, I would give it an excellent rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodArettDined on 7/20/2014Their scalloped potatoes with blue cheese are out of this world. Filet is tender and delicious.Special Features:
- local favoriteDeanLovesCanalStreetDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I love Canal Street. The BEST lobster bisque in town, great choices whether it's steak, seafood or the specials. We go at least once a week and will continue to do so. The ONLY complaint is for some reason they are closed on Monday and Tuesday. As this is Las Vegas and they are only open for dinner, I feel they are losing out on customers as it's the only "fine" dining at the Orleans. Other than that I have zero complaints about the restaurant and hope more people try it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PasowineluverDined on 7/9/2014Excellent value for your money. Food we'll prepared and served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice evening.ellsworthDined on 7/4/2014Have been there twice and both times were a very nice experience. Not rushed, but food was brought out as soon as ready. Great house salad and wonderful beef. Had the same choice both times. The first was a little better, but this may be because we were there on July 4th the second time and perhaps it was a different chef... Still well worth it and the prices are reasonable as far as gourmet rooms go. Will go again.Special Features:
- Fabulous!jimnlindaDined on 7/2/2014Very attentive staff while remaining unobtrusive. A special place to go for fine dining without having to dress up.Special Features: