Canal Street Grill
614 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Canal Street Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canalstreetgrillneworleans.com/
- Phone: (504) 586-7211
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6:30am-11:00am Monday through Friday
Breakfast: 6:30am-12:00pm Saturday and Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Rene Bajeux
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Overlooking historic Canal Street, the Private Dining Room at Canal Street Grille is the perfect location for your next group dinner, company party, wedding rehearsal dinner or presentation. Available for breakfast, lunch and dinner, our private dining room will ensure that your next function will be undefeated. Our Private Dining Room seats 50 (slightly less if your conducting a lecture/presentation) and we offer a variety of pre-fixe menus. Call us today to start planning your next event.
- Private Party Contact: D' Idra Lundy 5046796725x
A word from Canal Street Grill
Please note we currently are unable to accept reservations online.Continued
Introducing the all-new Canal Street Grill; a sophisticated yet comfortable atmosphere where you’ll find vibrant tastes to satisfy every palette.
Introducing the all-new Canal Street Grill; a sophisticated yet comfortable atmosphere where you’ll find vibrant tastes to satisfy every palette.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Canal Street Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great business lunch spotTNOLADined on 7/8/2014Good location to the CBD, food was very tasty, and the ambience was conducive for business discussion.Special Features:
- not very many people there,lovegoodfoodDined on 10/20/2013not very many people there, but service was slow although very hospitable, took a very long time to get waited on, lacked knowledge of wines on their list - the food was very average, not a place I would return to or recommend to anyone.
- New Start. Gonna take a while.PmenDined on 8/19/2013Gonna take awhile before this site becomes as popular as others in town. Was the only one in the restaurant at 530PM. Granted it was early, but not much activity. Drinks were very good. Wine list had the usual. Overall menu was a little lacking in choices. Food was well prepared and fresh. Gulf shrimp make for an excellent shrimp cocktail. Had an awesome NY Strip steak portion, though wasn't too fond of melted butter over the serving when it arrived. Also didn't get the focaccia bread baked with tomatoes in it served with an olive oil relish mix. Seemed like it didn't go. Overall, very good basic meal at a very premium price.Special Features:
- Don't waste your time or moneyFoodfanVIPDined on 8/17/2013The restaurant was freezing cold. The service was interminably slow. The food was not hot and not good. What else to say?
- Elegant dining atmosphere....delicilegacyofsuccessDined on 6/15/2013We were celebrating our 13th wedding anniv. The restarant is elegantly furnished but quite empty. Our food was prepared and srved with great care. Our cocktsils were also very tasty. They even surpised us with a specisl complementa ry dessert to celebrate our special occasion. Our server was lively and really went the extra milebto make us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and drinks were great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013The food and drinks were great! Waiters were great! Only issue we had was the amount of time we had to wait to get our food. Other than that good experience. It was difficult to find because nothing states it is inside jw marriott hotel.
- I expect great steak whenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013I expect great steak when I go to Shula's and I wasn't disappointed. The table all ordered the filet mignon and we were all pleased with them. We got a variety of sides to split and were all quite pleased with the roasted corn. Very tasty. I look forward to going to another Shula's when I next travel.Special Features:
- we made a reservation andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013we made a reservation and were seated immeidately. despite the place not being crowded, the food came out very slow. it took almost 40 min to get our appetizers, entrees came after being there an hour. The mac n cheese was not hot, barely warm, but was delicious with crabmeat. they were out of stone crabs (despite being in season this time of year). the drinks were nice. My fish dish was rather dry and bland, despite the "cajun" seasoning I requested. The wait staff was very attentive and repeatedly apologized for the slow service. my date had steak which he loved. our appetiers were removed from our bill due to the long wait.Special Features:
- There are better places in NOLAbonedoc97VIPDined on 3/2/2013I was disappointed at this restaurant as I had been at other Shula establishments and had great experiences. The server was not paying much attention to me even though the restaurant was less than half full. The wedge salad was fine, nothing special. The filet mignon that I ordered was dry, lacked flavor and just warm, as if it had been sitting out on the counter for a while. Overall, I would not recommend this place and would definitely not go back.
- TThe shrimp cocktail appetizerBsquaredVIPDined on 2/23/2013TThe shrimp cocktail appetizer was overcooked; sat in the bar area and was kind of 'forgotten' briefly.
- Will probably never go again.......OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013This was our second trip to Shula's.....We had received a $200 Marriott gift card as a gift from someone. We called in advance to make sure they accepted it since they are inside a JW Marriott and the response was YES and didn't give us any details about it...just that they did accept them.....they failed to tell us we had to use the ENTIRE $200. So basically we had a $150 with tip dinner and had to throw $50 in the garbage....so as many choices of GREAT restaurants in the NOLA area....SHULA's is NOT high on our list any longer!!!!!Special Features:
- The steak was a little tooMaryJaneVIPDined on 1/26/2013The steak was a little too rare for a medium rare steak and it appeared to have been precooked because it was not hot when it got to the table.Special Features:
- Nothing Special...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2012We went because I had a Birthday Buy One Get One Free Coupon. It wasn't as good as it's been in the past. Both of our medium rare steaks were overcooked but not to the point of wanting to send them back, just enough to be less juicy than we'd like. It was also extremely dark so when our server said to cut into our steaks initially we couldn't see if they were exactly cooked to our liking...maybe a little more light or bigger candle on the table would help. The Mac & Crabmeat was extremely disappointing, but nothing was awful, just nothing was special. I've had incredible meals at some of Shula's different restaurants & Grills around the country like in the Tampa airport a few months ago I had a Tuna Buger with slaw-The BEST!!!!!Special Features:
- Great filets. Poorly bakedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2012Great filets. Poorly baked sides. Great gumbo. Seafood app was unimpressive. Great dessert and fantastic service.Special Features:
- service a little slow butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012service a little slow but food (steak) was very good ..............the BBQ shrimp appwtizer was so so ................ hash browns greatSpecial Features:
- food wasn't bad but the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/12/2012food wasn't bad but the service was fair to poor. Would not recommend.
- Had some gift cards from Sula'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/12/2012Had some gift cards from Sula's and used them. Good steak but not great but fairly typical expensive for upscale chain steakhouse. Great if you don't want to leave JW Martiott but in New Orleans so many better options.
- Food was good, but not great.ADWreviewDined on 10/8/2012Food was good, but not great. Bar not so great - had to send back first drink. Very quiet & good service!
- Excelent Service and Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2012We made a reservation and showed up a bit late, parking!!! Ended up valet parking with the J.W. Marriott which is free if you have the restaurant validate your parking ticket. We had our 8 month old son who was not feeling well, and was fussy. We really appreciated how nice and friendly all the staff was! They took time as my wife and I took turns walking him around outside the restaurant until he fell asleep. Excellent, excellent service!! My wife got the french cut chicken and she has told several people it was the best chicken she has ever had! I would go back if I were ever in New Orleans again. Price was the high side I thought but after eating the food and receiving the service I would pay it again, app, entree and desert $155.Special Features:
- Tried onceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2012Steaks were excellent, but the side dishes were sub-par at best. Service was robotic. Wouldn't go again when there are so many local alternatives.
- I was very disappointed. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2012I was very disappointed. The food was undistinquished. The lobster bisque did not merit more than a taste. The steaks were just okay - I really expect more for the price. The service was friendly but lacking - the 3 person serving team did not communicate well with each other and did not monitor our needs very well. We ordered our entrees we also ordered two desserts that needed extra prep time. We will never know what we missed becuase our waiter forgot to place the order. My guess is that the dessert was as lacking as the other food. This was my first time in a Shula's; it will also be my last.
- Meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/10/2012Unimpressed. My steak wasn't cooked properly, though it tasted good. The appetizer (BBQ shrimp) was tough, and the sauce tasted cheap. The side dishes we ordered with our meals were nothing to write home about. The potatoes au gratin were undercooked and chewy. Maybe they were just having an off night. I've heard the location in Naples, FL (where I'm from) is really good.
- Amazing Service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012Staff, atmosphere and, above all, the food was amazing. Multiple wait staff per table kept the meal moving but not rushed. Staff was knowledgable and helpful. Meat cooked to perfection. Definitely would dine here again.Special Features:
- availability of portion sizesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/28/2012availability of portion sizes to big causing a waste of food since as a tourist you cant take left overs home.
- There is a reason for theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/26/2012There is a reason for the terrible reviews. We should have listened. Saturday night had plenty of open seating ..there was no wait. Should of been first clue. Service lacking... changed waitresses never told us, never refilled our drinks, never came back to see how our meals were or if we needed anything .. Meat was overcooked NO flavor, baked potato was undercooked.. Don't waste your time or money . What an dissapointment.
- Shula'sAnthony1022Dined on 5/14/2012Shula's Steakhouse continues to overdeliver. I remain impressed with Shula's service, quality of food, price, and ambiance. The steaks are amazing, cooked-to-order, and the wine list is exceptional. Hands-down, one of the best steakhouses in New Orleans.Special Features:
- We went for Mother's Day.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012We went for Mother's Day. We wanted the "steak" we heard so much about, but because it was Mothers Day they had a brunch and we couldn't order off the menu, go thing because the brunch was wonderful! We can't wait to go back, maybe we'll get a steak, maybe not!Special Features:
- The food was unbelievableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012The food was unbelievable and the service was just as good. Great experience.Special Features:
- This was our first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2012This was our first experience dining at Shula's and we cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- Steak was extremely over cooked,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/6/2012Steak was extremely over cooked, very dry! Crab mac -n-cheese was not cheesy, sauce more like pasta sauce.
- Fantastic high quality foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/5/2012Fantastic high quality food prepared perfectly. not one compliant among a party of 5 guys! Service was excellent and setting was perfect for our business meeting.Special Features:
- Started with the CalamariMikeDined on 4/25/2012Started with the Calamari which was superb. Salad a bit disappointing as the tomatoes were hot house and not flavorful or even tender, so much for ordering something that includes out of season items, although rest of dish was great. Prime Rib (32oz) while excellent is simply way too much food for one normal person. Next time will order a smaller portion. The steak medallions were also over the top and will definitely be on our order next time. The creme brule is to die for. On an evening were we only want a lite meal, we would definitely consider simply ordering the Calamari, coffee and creme brule.Special Features:
- Shula gets another win!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2012Shula's will make you never want Outback or Black Angus again. This was honestly the best steak I've ever had in my life! PERFECTLY cooked 16oz NY Strip was the absolute star of my meal. Impeccable service and a beautiful retaurant made the whole experience. It was not stuffy or ritzy, so we still felt comfortable, and everyone was very welcoming. All around, a great place!Special Features:
- We don't have a Shulas incanesmomDined on 3/30/2012We don't have a Shulas in our home area so every time we go to a city that has one we make sure to visit. If you love a great steak, there is no better place. We have eaten at all the top rated steakhouses and put Shulas at the top. It is a bit pricey but worth every dollar.Special Features:
- Arrived early but they weren'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2012Arrived early but they weren't busy so we were seated immediately. There were never more than four tables seted while we were there. Service was good and attentive until late in the service when our water glasses went empty. I had seen several poor reviews but my wife and and I did not experience any issues with the service or food. Sides were served family style and one dish can serve two easily. The steaks were delicious and also the sides of hash browns and broccoli.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/24/2012The food was very good and cooked to our liking. Our server took our order, showed us the menu and picked up our plates. Since this was our first visit to Shula's, we had gone to the website before heading to the restaurant to check out the menu. We noticed there was prime rib. Prime Rib was NOT listed on the football as a meat selection nor did our waiter even mention it during the meat presentation. We had to ask him and received a "eh, it's ok" response from him. Despite the response, 2 people at our table ordered it and really enjoyed it. At no time during our meal did our waiter come by to check on us or ask if we wanted wine or another cocktail which some of us did and did not get our drinks until our plates were picked up.Special Features:
- This was the worst diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/10/2012This was the worst dining experience of my life. The waiter got my steak order wrong. Took the steak back and never returned. After 40 minutes, my companion had finished his steak and the sides were cold. Waiter never apologized or came back. Maitre dei checked on our table. Told her what happened, said she would check in kitchen and we never saw her again. An order mistake is pardonable. Not apologizing, not communicating, and not caring are not. I requested and spoke to the manager who was dismayed and apologized. I left without being served and without being asked to pay. New Orleans has too many good restaurants to waste time and money on a place with such a bad attitude.
- Great food but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012The food was amazing and the first 30 minutes were simply remarkable. Then a group of ignorant Kentucky basketball fans came in and acted like they were in a Burger King. Management was completely ineffective at controlling the situation even though numerous customers were complaining. While my wife and I have been there numerous times, our two friends had never been before and due to the outcome of the experience they will never be back.Special Features:
- The ribeye melted in yourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012The ribeye melted in your mouth - the best I have ever had (I am 53 and eat a lot of ribeyes.)
- Please have someone call meOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2012Please have someone call me at 225-610-8764. I wish to discuss my experience with someone at a high level of responsibility. Not enough characters available to convey activities that occurred.Special Features: