601 W 36th Ave Ste 10
Anchorage, AK 99503Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://campobellobistro.com/
- Phone: 9075632040
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday -Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Campobello Bistro
Cuisine Perfecto! Seafood Pasta & Grill Halibut Salmon Shellfish – Filet Mignon Veal & DuckContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Campobello Bistro - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Campobello Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (17)special occasion (16)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (10)romantic (10)great for brunch (7)good for groups (6)hot spot (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Very enjoyable dining experienceFirstTimeDined on 9/12/2014Didn't know this restaurant existed until i visited OpenTable to make a reservation to a different restaurant. We were in the mood for Italian food and were very pleased we found Campobello's. If you want a quiet, enjoyable evening with that special someone - Campobello's offers that experience. Will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServiceWonderfulDined on 8/27/2014Our waitress was absolutely charming and really good at her job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysBohoDined on 8/26/2014Had a great time with friends always enjoy coming to your establishment. Food is always great and everything service was great with hilarious Waitress who was overworked but very attentive to everything!!!Special Features:
- Tender and flavorfulMagopinionDined on 8/22/2014We celebrated a birthday here with tender calamari steaks and flavorful seafood crepes. The amounts were good and the presentation was pleasing to the eye. The service was good although a little on the sassier side than we were in the mood for, but how is one to know. I have been here many times for lunch but this was our first time having dinner here. I prefer the professional attitude of lunch time. We were both pleased with our dinner and it made for a festive birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ravioli Tusca was AMAZING!!!AKDOLLDined on 8/13/2014The service and food were really good at Campobello. We took my sister for her birthday and they took really good care of us. I was very impressed by the ravioli tusca, I added grilled chicken and it was so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentHm580Dined on 7/24/2014The food was quite good. The service was fairly mediocre. Nothing took too long to arrive at our table but the server was not very attentive and the restaurant was not busy that evening. If I were in the neighborhood I would certainly give them another shot but I would not go out of my way to go back.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!EagleRiverDinerDined on 6/23/2014I had a business lunch. We both had the mediterranean salad with chicken for lunch. The chicken was cooked to perfection. The rest of the salad was the perfect mix! The waiter was very attentive yet barely noticable. A very nice experience. I'll dine here more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sjr3Dined on 6/20/2014food and service are constantly excellent. this is one of my favorite places to dineSpecial Features:
- Typically, Campobellos is great.IglooGirleatsDined on 6/12/2014My last visit, however, was a disappointment. It felt as though our server didn't know we existed (a colleague was unable to eat at all because we ran out of time) and the food was over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch4uVIPDined on 6/3/2014The food was fantastic! The service friendly and efficient. For desert we couldn't decide between the key lime pie or the bread pudding so we had them both. What a lovely explosion of different flavors!!! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- BlandOilcoilDined on 5/31/2014Not horrible, but nothing made me want to go back. Every dish was bland, no seasoning!!! If I'm going to splurge on calories I want to taste something.
- The following 27 reviews are from the Campobello Bistro reviews archive.
- Good Italian food in Anchorage!CarlVIPDined on 5/16/2014Usually when I eat here, I order one of the veal dishes, as they are always very tender & flavorful. But last night , they had a fresh halibut special with a sherry wine cream sauce, which was mouthwatering lay delicious. Paired with au gratin potatoes, & diced beets, it was a great meal.Special Features:
- A great meal is always in the cardsKeithDined on 4/25/2014Campobello is my favorite Anchorage restaurant. The food is always delicious, and the s service is top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ReturnJohnnyVIPDined on 4/18/2014Have been away from this gem for awhile. Had been great for a long time. They are now going to seasonal menus and though it dies not attract from their quality of food it does limit options. This is a great place to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They've been cooking all dayCathDrewDined on 3/28/2014Some restaurants have the makings for a great meal ... once you let the flavors marry overnight in your fridge. I prefer that complex and fully-developed flavor when I sit down the first time. Campobello Bistro has had that "cooking all day" flavor every time we visit. This is a consistent, predictable restaurant with fresh ingredients and great service. Seafood crepes didn't disappoint. The service was attentive. Ambience was peaceful but not pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAlaskaDined on 3/18/2014Food was great, service outstanding, great pre and post bussed service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordered the Calamari dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014Ordered the Calamari dinner meal, which was delicious but very small portions for the price of the meal (4-5 thin slices). I wanted the Halibut Rossini but they weren't serving it and when a substitution for Cod was offered there was a problem and the meal was unavailable, which is too bad because it appeared to be the best meal in my opinion. Halibut, shrimp and scallops in a three cheese sauce with potato and veggie. I know it's an Italian/French/Mediterranean cuisine but I am not into pasta at the moment and this seemed like the ideal meal, but it is apparently a seasonal dish so I respect that and I will probably go back to see about trying to get that meal again. Otherwise the staff was funny and great service. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2014Pretty consistent good food. Close to home and not too big and noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place...TZieli22Dined on 3/7/2014I almost don't want to say it because it'll get crowded now, but it was a great dining experience all around. Very good food, and I had a great date night experience. Would highly recommend if your looking for a great place to take your date too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceDineAlotDined on 3/1/2014Have been here on numerous occasions. Service is and has been the weakest part of your experience here. Otherwise te food is great, wine selection is good and dessert is perfect. Just expect to be sitting for a couple hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy - We had excellent food,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Yummy - We had excellent food, our out of town guests to this business dinner were very impressed with the food and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always top notchKeithDined on 2/15/2014I'm not sure if this will be helpful to others, but I've just got to say that I love Campobello. It's always been superb. Food's fabulous. Service is excellent. Suggestions? The seafood crepe is one of my favorites - lunch or dinner. Calimari is great as either an appetizer or main dish. tried the stuffed mushrooms this time for appetizer - delicious. It's my favorite Anchorage restaurant. I know you'd enjoy it, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's ValueJrodDined on 2/14/2014By value, I mean quality! This place was way more than I expected. The food was excellent, wine was great, and the staff were on top of things and very friendly. The menu itself wasn't complicated and I felt like anything would of been delicious. The ambiance was perfect for Valentines Day and I felt like they didn't over crowd the place with tables knowing it was a big dining holiday. This allowed for a more intimant dining experience with my wife. I went with the duck a' la' orange and she had the lamb chops. Both were cooked perfectly and soooo delicious! The tiramisu was incredible and a great way to cap off this excellent dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 happy reviewsCaffeinatedDined on 2/14/2014I have been here three times with my fiance. We actually had the same server all three times. The first time we went was just a random stop using the OpenTable app to see what was out there food-wise in the neighborhood. We were not disappointed at all. She had the "Duck A'La Orange" (which I got a taste of) and i had the "Seafood fra Diavlo" Both were fantastic. The second and third time we went, they had pre-fixe menus for the holidays. On New Years eve, we had the lamb and Grilled Proscuitto Shrimp. On Valentine's day we had more lamb and Filet Mingnon Hunter. Everything was done correctly and presented well. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply yumJoemrDined on 2/14/2014Small menu but everything on it is super tasty. Moderately high prices but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Little RestaurantCindaLouDined on 2/1/2014This restaurant is a little gem tucked within a strip mall. It possibly has the best Caesar Salad in town, delicious food, and wine. The Seafood Crepe is my personal favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very consistent foodmikeDined on 1/28/2014Always very consistent food and service. The fresh cod special the day we were there was excellent! Appreciate the restaurant's using fresh ingredients when available.Special Features:
- devoted customerdebraDined on 1/25/2014Food is superb, and the service is top notch. Scooter is my favorite server, but owner Marsha stops to say "hi" and Lonny always greets me and give great service if Scooter is not there.Special Features:
- DelightfulS3a17AKDined on 12/31/2013I love Campobellos. Consistent service and food every time. Even though I didn't have it, best bread pudding in Alaska!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a hidden gem of anchorage.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013It's a hidden gem of anchorage. Great food, friendly staff and a mellow vibe for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- food was excellent I am usuallyNYERDined on 12/30/2013food was excellent I am usually not satisfied with our local cuisine and prices are ridiculous in most local restaurants. I will definitely return to Campobllo again the service was wonderful the prices were reasonable and the food was great !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and ambience was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2013Service and ambience was great. The calamari was amazing, as always. My halibut was a bit of a disappointment-overbooked and rather fishy. Probably not a great choice this time of year. My partners pasta was, to quote him, "fine". Not bad, but not wonderful. I would come here again but would try a different entree.
- not really Italian foodmodeeDined on 12/27/2013No eggplant Parm on the menu. I had the Fish Provencal which was overcooked. The Polenta was OK. My husband had veal marsala. The sauce was OK but the mushrooms looked canned. The potatoes au gratin that came with his meal tasted like leftovers. I cook Italian better than this restaurant and I'm Irish.
- Fantastic restaurant!!! RunJohnnyVIPDined on 12/24/2013Fantastic restaurant!!! Run by great people who know you... Go there one time and you will be considered family. Nothing on the menu is short of superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth your timehappy10Dined on 12/14/2013we made the reservation on line. it was very user friendly. we will be back. service was great however they added a 20% tip to our bill because there were 10 of us. She got a 20% tip. I usually leave more but when they add the tip for me I never change change the amount. we do go to several locations that when they wait on our table they decide early on that they probably will get more if they just let us tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The filet was great. We usuallyAKDiverDined on 12/13/2013The filet was great. We usually have dessert which consist of homemade bread pudding, it's one of the best I've tasted.Special Features:
- Simply satisfiedbellaDined on 11/23/2013...the ease of making reservations, the availability, the parking, being seated, menu options, good wine, FRESHness of the salad, great service, perfectly portioned and presentation of entrees, consistent perfection of their famous bread pudding, and ambience of the restaurant to the very end, this was a wonderful dining experience for my husband and I. There was some wait but not terribly. And while our reservation was a little later, we didn't feel rushed.Special Features:
- Great food...but that's all.CorneliusDined on 11/15/2013The restaurant is dated, worn out, and badly in need of a face lift. The noise level was quiet due to a lack of diners. Mediocre service befit a '70's Midwest truck stop, the waitress more concerned about chatting with her friends at the other table. So expectations were quite low, when we were surprised by excellent food. The seafood crepe was extraordinary, bursting with seafood, each morsel done absolutely to perfection according to its own requirements. It was smothered in a rich sauce and presented piping hot. Wow! The calamari likewise was delectable. Even the Caesar salad dressing was just right. Kudos to the chef, who deserves a much better venue for his/her talents.I would recommend this to a friend.