601 W 36th Ave Ste 10
Anchorage, AK 99503Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://campobellobistro.com/
- Phone: (907) 563-2040
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday -Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Campobello Bistro
Cuisine Perfecto! Seafood Pasta & Grill Halibut Salmon Shellfish – Filet Mignon Veal & DuckContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Campobello Bistro - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Campobello Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (15)romantic (14)good for groups (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- anchorageDined on 11/18/2014delicious consistent food in a quiet atmosphere with attentive but not intrusive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, and great serviceAkrandyDined on 11/13/2014We have always enjoyed the food and service here. The Calamari steaks are excellent, with just the right amount of capers. The veal saltimbocca has always been good here, but a minor change to the recipe on this visit made it some of the best in years. Service is always friendly and relaxed, yet knowledgeable. Keep up the great standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an Anchorage FavoriteturksterDined on 11/5/2014As usual, the service was fun and friendly, the food outstanding and the atmosphere just right for an intimate birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceMrsADined on 10/27/2014i took my friend to lunch here and we were both so pleased with our time there. Our waiter was attentive without being annoying. The food was wonderful! My friend got the seafood crepe and this is the first time in many years of lunching that she actually ate all her food! The salad I ordered with the blackened fish was amazing. First time I ever got a generous piece of fish that was cooked perfectly! I would highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Excellent food, service detractedDmemdDined on 10/25/20143 of us had dinner there last Saturday evening, were seated promptly. We had a variety of dishes, and enjoyed them all very much. It was a busy time, to be sure, but we were definitely dismayed at the pace of the 3 servers, and their inability to engage with the customers. There was little in the way of pleasantries, certainly no option for discussion of the menu options. Even as the evening brought a slower pace the young lady providing our service was too hurried to notice that she had taken knives and forks away with the appetizer plates, and we ultimately had to ask for replacements to eat our entrees. A fourth server may or may not have made a positive difference. Thankfully the food was excellent start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KodiakfoodieDined on 10/24/2014Food was decent, but felt thing were disordered. Seated without menus, bread came late, order not taken until after appetizer had been eaten. Our waiter seemed to be covering too many customers. He was quite pleasant.
- Quite good but lose the rosesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014The food was very good, the restaurant is lovely, the service was good. Roses on all the tables, but I'm allergic. I'll come again if they lose the roses.Special Features:
- Delicous!DarylDined on 10/16/2014We have eaten here many times and the food is fresh, well prepared, served with style and delicous! The quality of the service and the preparations have never disapointed us.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dining experienceFirstTimeDined on 9/12/2014Didn't know this restaurant existed until i visited OpenTable to make a reservation to a different restaurant. We were in the mood for Italian food and were very pleased we found Campobello's. If you want a quiet, enjoyable evening with that special someone - Campobello's offers that experience. Will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer ServiceWonderfulDined on 8/27/2014Our waitress was absolutely charming and really good at her job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysBohoDined on 8/26/2014Had a great time with friends always enjoy coming to your establishment. Food is always great and everything service was great with hilarious Waitress who was overworked but very attentive to everything!!!Special Features:
- Tender and flavorfulMagopinionDined on 8/22/2014We celebrated a birthday here with tender calamari steaks and flavorful seafood crepes. The amounts were good and the presentation was pleasing to the eye. The service was good although a little on the sassier side than we were in the mood for, but how is one to know. I have been here many times for lunch but this was our first time having dinner here. I prefer the professional attitude of lunch time. We were both pleased with our dinner and it made for a festive birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ravioli Tusca was AMAZING!!!AKDOLLDined on 8/13/2014The service and food were really good at Campobello. We took my sister for her birthday and they took really good care of us. I was very impressed by the ravioli tusca, I added grilled chicken and it was so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 33 reviews are from the Campobello Bistro reviews archive.
- DecentHm580Dined on 7/24/2014The food was quite good. The service was fairly mediocre. Nothing took too long to arrive at our table but the server was not very attentive and the restaurant was not busy that evening. If I were in the neighborhood I would certainly give them another shot but I would not go out of my way to go back.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!EagleRiverDinerDined on 6/23/2014I had a business lunch. We both had the mediterranean salad with chicken for lunch. The chicken was cooked to perfection. The rest of the salad was the perfect mix! The waiter was very attentive yet barely noticable. A very nice experience. I'll dine here more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sjr3VIPDined on 6/20/2014food and service are constantly excellent. this is one of my favorite places to dineSpecial Features:
- Typically, Campobellos is great.IglooGirleatsDined on 6/12/2014My last visit, however, was a disappointment. It felt as though our server didn't know we existed (a colleague was unable to eat at all because we ran out of time) and the food was over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch4uVIPDined on 6/3/2014The food was fantastic! The service friendly and efficient. For desert we couldn't decide between the key lime pie or the bread pudding so we had them both. What a lovely explosion of different flavors!!! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- BlandOilcoilDined on 5/31/2014Not horrible, but nothing made me want to go back. Every dish was bland, no seasoning!!! If I'm going to splurge on calories I want to taste something.
- Good Italian food in Anchorage!CarlVIPDined on 5/16/2014Usually when I eat here, I order one of the veal dishes, as they are always very tender & flavorful. But last night , they had a fresh halibut special with a sherry wine cream sauce, which was mouthwatering lay delicious. Paired with au gratin potatoes, & diced beets, it was a great meal.Special Features:
- A great meal is always in the cardsKeithDined on 4/25/2014Campobello is my favorite Anchorage restaurant. The food is always delicious, and the s service is top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ReturnJohnnyVIPDined on 4/18/2014Have been away from this gem for awhile. Had been great for a long time. They are now going to seasonal menus and though it dies not attract from their quality of food it does limit options. This is a great place to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They've been cooking all dayCathDrewDined on 3/28/2014Some restaurants have the makings for a great meal ... once you let the flavors marry overnight in your fridge. I prefer that complex and fully-developed flavor when I sit down the first time. Campobello Bistro has had that "cooking all day" flavor every time we visit. This is a consistent, predictable restaurant with fresh ingredients and great service. Seafood crepes didn't disappoint. The service was attentive. Ambience was peaceful but not pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAlaskaDined on 3/18/2014Food was great, service outstanding, great pre and post bussed service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordered the Calamari dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014Ordered the Calamari dinner meal, which was delicious but very small portions for the price of the meal (4-5 thin slices). I wanted the Halibut Rossini but they weren't serving it and when a substitution for Cod was offered there was a problem and the meal was unavailable, which is too bad because it appeared to be the best meal in my opinion. Halibut, shrimp and scallops in a three cheese sauce with potato and veggie. I know it's an Italian/French/Mediterranean cuisine but I am not into pasta at the moment and this seemed like the ideal meal, but it is apparently a seasonal dish so I respect that and I will probably go back to see about trying to get that meal again. Otherwise the staff was funny and great service. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2014Pretty consistent good food. Close to home and not too big and noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place...TZieli22Dined on 3/7/2014I almost don't want to say it because it'll get crowded now, but it was a great dining experience all around. Very good food, and I had a great date night experience. Would highly recommend if your looking for a great place to take your date too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceDineAlotDined on 3/1/2014Have been here on numerous occasions. Service is and has been the weakest part of your experience here. Otherwise te food is great, wine selection is good and dessert is perfect. Just expect to be sitting for a couple hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy - We had excellent food,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Yummy - We had excellent food, our out of town guests to this business dinner were very impressed with the food and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always top notchKeithDined on 2/15/2014I'm not sure if this will be helpful to others, but I've just got to say that I love Campobello. It's always been superb. Food's fabulous. Service is excellent. Suggestions? The seafood crepe is one of my favorites - lunch or dinner. Calimari is great as either an appetizer or main dish. tried the stuffed mushrooms this time for appetizer - delicious. It's my favorite Anchorage restaurant. I know you'd enjoy it, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's ValueJrodDined on 2/14/2014By value, I mean quality! This place was way more than I expected. The food was excellent, wine was great, and the staff were on top of things and very friendly. The menu itself wasn't complicated and I felt like anything would of been delicious. The ambiance was perfect for Valentines Day and I felt like they didn't over crowd the place with tables knowing it was a big dining holiday. This allowed for a more intimant dining experience with my wife. I went with the duck a' la' orange and she had the lamb chops. Both were cooked perfectly and soooo delicious! The tiramisu was incredible and a great way to cap off this excellent dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 happy reviewsCaffeinatedDined on 2/14/2014I have been here three times with my fiance. We actually had the same server all three times. The first time we went was just a random stop using the OpenTable app to see what was out there food-wise in the neighborhood. We were not disappointed at all. She had the "Duck A'La Orange" (which I got a taste of) and i had the "Seafood fra Diavlo" Both were fantastic. The second and third time we went, they had pre-fixe menus for the holidays. On New Years eve, we had the lamb and Grilled Proscuitto Shrimp. On Valentine's day we had more lamb and Filet Mingnon Hunter. Everything was done correctly and presented well. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply yumJoemrDined on 2/14/2014Small menu but everything on it is super tasty. Moderately high prices but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Little RestaurantCindaLouDined on 2/1/2014This restaurant is a little gem tucked within a strip mall. It possibly has the best Caesar Salad in town, delicious food, and wine. The Seafood Crepe is my personal favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very consistent foodmikeDined on 1/28/2014Always very consistent food and service. The fresh cod special the day we were there was excellent! Appreciate the restaurant's using fresh ingredients when available.Special Features:
- devoted customerdebraDined on 1/25/2014Food is superb, and the service is top notch. Scooter is my favorite server, but owner Marsha stops to say "hi" and Lonny always greets me and give great service if Scooter is not there.Special Features:
- DelightfulS3a17AKDined on 12/31/2013I love Campobellos. Consistent service and food every time. Even though I didn't have it, best bread pudding in Alaska!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a hidden gem of anchorage.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013It's a hidden gem of anchorage. Great food, friendly staff and a mellow vibe for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- food was excellent I am usuallyNYERDined on 12/30/2013food was excellent I am usually not satisfied with our local cuisine and prices are ridiculous in most local restaurants. I will definitely return to Campobllo again the service was wonderful the prices were reasonable and the food was great !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and ambience was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2013Service and ambience was great. The calamari was amazing, as always. My halibut was a bit of a disappointment-overbooked and rather fishy. Probably not a great choice this time of year. My partners pasta was, to quote him, "fine". Not bad, but not wonderful. I would come here again but would try a different entree.