Campo - Reno
50 North Sierra Street
Reno, NV 89501Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Campo - Reno
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.camporeno.com/
- Phone: 7757379555
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 2:30pm
Late Lunch: 7 days a week: 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Mark Estee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer Catered Office Lunches Monday- Friday. 11:00-12:30 Curbside Delivery is available. All serviceware is included. Please call the restaurant 775-737-9555 for the menu. Menus change weekly.
- Special Events: Our Pastry Chef, Debbie Reetz can make an amazing cake or cupcakes for your event. 48 hour notice on cakes is required.
A word from Campo - Reno
Campo - Reno is a Rustic Neighborhood Restaurant. We have relaxed but attentive service. We change the menu daily. We serve local and organic foods. We serve Naples style Pizza, we cure our own salami and make all our pasta in house. Our beverage program is as fresh and seasonal as our menu. We have a fun and affordable wine menu and by the glass program. Campo runs many promotions, so please check our website www.camporeno.com to see what may be going on right now. Our patio is right on the Truckee River in downtown Reno. We bake all our breads in the wood oven and the 2 open kitchens are the focal point of the restaurant. Loosely translated Campo means gathering place. we welcome you to come on down and make yourself comfortable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Campo - Reno - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
Campo - Reno reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (108)great for outdoor dining (96)hot spot (77)neighborhood gem (70)special occasion (69)great for lunch (60)scenic view (58)good for groups (45)vibrant bar scene (38)romantic (35)great for brunch (28)notable wine list (28)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- yummy food, consistent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014This is a great local spot - get a table outside, and look at the river, and enjoy the view as well as yummy food. I've never had a bad meal here, honestly this place rocks. Excellent friendly service. Downtown Reno is a bit--drab (tired?) and so Campo is a welcome oasis. Not just in comparison to its surroundings, but in its own standing - a great kitchen, excellent service, nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- NewinTownDined on 8/27/2014This was our 1st time and we had limited time since we had show tickets. The menu was unique and service was excellent. We will definitely be back soon as there were many dishes we want to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!RenoFoodieDined on 8/24/2014We decided to try the chef's tasting menu. The sous chef Tommy came out and talked to us about our dietary preferences. He then developed a menu just for us. We requested a vegetarian menu except for fish. The kitchen prepared a delectable menu, so much so we did not miss meat at all. In particular, they made a mint and parsley fettucine with heirloom tomatoes that was light and so delicious we could eat it every day. We also enjoyed the freshest king salmon that had been line caught just the day before. We are looking forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!FredandPennyDined on 8/23/2014Totally excellent dinner for my wife and me - her birthday!Special Features:
- Noisy but excellent foodNVBuzzDined on 8/21/2014Have visited twice. Both times the noise level was "through the roof" - actually interior is that modern industrial no ceiling which contributes the hard surfaces that enhance the noise. If you can tolerate that, the food is excellent, Mark Estess specializes in Italian flavors - pasta and pizza dominate the menu, but each is flavorful and unique. First visit had squid ink pasta which tasted amazing. Last visit had sun-dried tomato pizza which was flavorful as any I have ever eaten. And don't miss the heirloom tomatoes - in an area which features cardboard tasting tomatoes (I grew up in New Jersey, so am spoiled on the true taste of tomatoes), these actually had the flavor of tomato. Added mozzarella and it was divine. will return.Special Features:
- Best place on the river!2emptynestersDined on 8/21/2014Every time we come to Reno we dine at this great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, busy, noisyNevadaTahoeDined on 8/19/2014Am guessing Campo is the perfect scene for the"foodie" young professionals. I fit that description, except for the "young" part. So I seek off-peak hours, and search (often in vain) for a quieter corner table. The food, and generally good service, make my search worth the effort, as I come back often. Wish Campo had "quiet bistro" sister, as I'd be a regular there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island of Excellence in the Desert!MaineBigDaddyVIPDined on 8/18/2014Farm to table has hit Reno. I visited here last year and was duly impressed. The return visit was just as memorable. They are doing it right! Just go here, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Good Times and Great FoodChubbymermaidDined on 8/16/2014I have to love a place that serves up unique, local food with great wine and cocktails without making a big deal out of it. You can stop by Campo after a trip to the river or on a night out and you will fit in either way. The menu is ever changing and the wine selections are well thought out. House made charcuterie plate? Yes Please! Roasted beet salad with goat cheese? I'll have two! Our server was also very helpful and friendly, even pointing out some of her favorite menu items.Special Features:
- Kelly3Kelly3Dined on 8/14/2014Haven't had a bad experience ever and the food is always amazing!Special Features:
- Exceeded expectations!WewillbebackDined on 8/10/2014I had been to Campo on a few occasions but my husband had not. When I told him we were going there with some friends for dinner before the baseball game, he made some noise about going...Thought it was just a lot of hype and never imagined that the food could be so good (he had the squid/seafood pasta) and the prices reasonable.. His drink was not initially made to his expectations but McKenzie, our fabuous waitress had it made right and to his liking..He's convinced now that Campo is everything he likes about dining out and then some! We'll be back! Thank you..Special Features:
- As good as advertisedmikeyboyDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I had been eyeing Campo for a long time, but every time we tried to find a table, the wait was outrageous so we passed. Out anniversary was coming up so I planned ahead and made reservations. Well, the restaurant was worth the wait and lived up to the hype. The food was outstanding and every bit as good as any restaurant I've ever been to. My only complaint was the noise level seemed high and the place is busy, busy, busy. It was fairly crowded and there was a ton of traffic passing by our table. The prices are moderately high but worth it for locally sourced, high quality produce and livestock. The end result at the table are delicious meals that are unique and delicious.Special Features:
- TeriKiaDined on 8/8/2014Always pleased with each visit, this time was for my mothers b-day. As usual they did a great job. The staff is never disappointing , they always want to please and make sure everything is just perfect. The food is wonderful, this time I had carbonara bucatini , it was great! Everything is home made. My mother had the BBQ chicken pizza , even down to the sauce was homemade and theory had been slow cooked and pulled. Great place!Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable DiningenjoyDined on 8/4/2014Our dinner experience was very enjoyable. This was a great find! Good Food, Good Service and the atmosphere was comfortable.Special Features:
- Innovative menu: A real favorite!mikeDined on 8/3/2014Campo's is a wonderful choice for an informal discerning group, looking for delicious, innovative dishes. The appetizers are fantastics...try the pig parts; they were gone the instant they hit our table! The pizza are scrumptious and the charcuterie platter was perfect. All of the specials were particularly delightful... The pastas are homemade and tasty (and after heavy appetizers it is nice that they are offered in small and large portions. The desserts are to die for...just be sure to leave room. I also appreciate that Campo suppliers are largely local, sustainable producers. Cute note: they serve their Chianti by the glass in small juice glasses as is the habit I observed in the small Italian town I once visited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantasticsunnybirdDined on 8/2/2014Campo is an amazing restaurant. The food is incredibly fresh, and prepared with great love and skill. Would go back over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Campo Hot August Nights 7-31-14snova1969Dined on 7/31/2014I'm a Blue collar car lover. Myself and my 2 friends arrived at Campo Reno on Thurs. 7-31-14 @ 7:30 to a Most friendly reception. the Open Table Reservation got us right in. The restaurant smelled intoxicating. The staff was Top Notch. The selection on the menu was awesome. The food and service was amazing. This was a wonderful meal. I Can't thank Open Table enough for the great table at the Hottest spot on the River Walk. Thank You So Much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodNN86Dined on 7/30/2014Been eating at campo since the opening. Born and raised in reno, this place is consistant. Its still the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to TablelenoreDined on 7/30/2014great place for fresh, organic, farm to table dining. The service was good. A hot spot for the 30 something crowd. A little noisy for my preference.Special Features:
- Perfect for lunch with friendsLindalovesbooksDined on 7/29/2014Three of us met for lunch at Campo. The service was friendly and attentive. Two of us had the daily lunch plate. The soup was delicious, polenta was perfect, salad nice and crisp and the cookie was yummy. The third person had the calamari fritti over a kale salad. We split a dessert. Everything about the experience was top notch. I've been to Campo for dinner but this was my first time doing lunch there. I will definitely return. My only quibble is that the waiter insisted on calling us all "Miss." We are all over 60, married and comfortable with being old. Why do servers think they need to call us anything? "Would you like more lemonade." would work just as well and be less annoying and oily.Special Features:
- Another Great DinnerTomEDined on 7/27/2014For the second time we had the chef's tasting menu, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Chef Tommy came out, greeted us, and got a feel for what we enjoyed. He also sold us on a a wine pairing with the food that he planned to prepare. In the space provided here I would not have enough time to adequately explain the five courses he provided, and thus I will summarize by saying that we really enjoyed the meal. we will come back, and we will eat it again.Special Features:
- Food is always excellentMattyDined on 7/26/2014This is easily one of the best restaurants in the region. Far better than any of the "celebrity chef" restaurants in Las Vegas. This is real food cooked to perfection. The focus is always on the food and the ever changing menu shows that the chef is designing meals around what is available rather than some set protein or vegetable that may have to be flown in from South America. On this night our service was particularly excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at CampoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014We brought friends from the Bay Area to Campo for dinner on Saturday night and I'm really glad to have made reservations on Open Table. This place was hopping and many people were waiting to be seated. The food was good, not "to-die-for" awesome, but it was good. The appetizer portions were meager and we had to ask for the crackers that were listed with the cheese plate. The bread that is provided after seating was fresh and yummy, however, it was also small portions. The house salad was pretty minimalistic as far as ingredients go, but the dressing was very good. Lastly, the entrees I ordered did not match the description and was waaaaaay too garlicky. I love garlic, but this was burning my lips. The ambience and service were A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Great spot for dinner on a Friday night. Great food, and excellent service at a vibrant spot. We'll definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatelynDined on 7/26/2014First time visiting Campo. We were a half hour early for our reservation but were still seated and offered drink menus. The service was incredible. We were well taken care of without feeling smothered. The food was fantastic. We plan on visiting again very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Member of party had specific requests for meal due to food sensitivity. The chef came out and spoke to us, and then made us a fabulous meal! Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Reno ResturantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014Had a family meal at Campo - tried lots of things and enjoyed them all. Staff was great and a lot of fun. Loved breakfast for dinner - risotto with caper,onions, lox - very, very, good. Salmon was excellent. Can't wait to go back. Think I may just fly in again for dinner!!! Loved that the management and staff tried a new wine with us - very classy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulTheDukeDined on 7/25/2014Excellent food, cool laid back atmosphere and superior mixologists behind the bar. Very fresh, well paced and fun. Interesting selections without pretense, and the pork chop is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experienceluv2dineaaaaDined on 7/24/2014This is the second time I have been to Campo. I took a friend from out of town and we both really enjoyed our experience. The food was awesome and so was the service. The only thing that bothered me a bit was that I had made reservations ahead of time and asked for the patio if possible. When I arrived and asked about it, I was told that they don't reserve the patio and that it was first-come, first-serve. I am not sure I would make reservations again if I want the patio. It seems to me that if I was willing to "plan ahead" and make reservations, that I should at least be considered for the patio if there is seating available at the time I arrive (which there happened to be but another couple was taken instead).Special Features:
- eatinginrenoDined on 7/19/2014Great spot for a date or dining with another couple right on the river. The menu is not traditional Italian so make sure to ask your waiter if you have questions (Crispy Pig Parts?). The Bee Sting pizza is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LiketoeatDined on 7/18/2014We went for our 27th Anniversary. I read a bunch of reviews on Yelp and decided that's where we were going. Man, am I glad we did! We did the Chefs Tasting Menu and it was an outstanding meal by far. Well worth the hefty bill. They also had given us a card for our Anniversary which was signed by everyone working that day! We had pig every which way possible and it was amazing! Definitely recommend this place and we will be back. We hear the pizza is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's Tasting MenuSbarclayDined on 7/17/2014Do the Chef's tasting menu - fantastic food and a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotpleasedDined on 7/16/2014Unsatisfying experience. Marginal service and the most overcooked halibut I've ever had.
- Best Place to Celebrate!renofoodieDined on 7/16/2014They made our anniversary so special. The server was very attentive and all the servers signed a card for us! They really made our night special. The food was amazing and I recommend the fried polenta! The best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CampoDidiDined on 7/15/2014Campo came highly recommended to us by several locals. Excellent service, nice location, good menu selection. Unfortunately the food was overcooked. We ordered the Halibut and it was very dry. The roasted potatoes were also very brown. The pineapple salsa and spinach were tasty. Even though our meal was disappointing we were too tired to complain. The service was so good, they probably would have made us a new one of we asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/9/2014Great place for a summer dinner on the patio overlooking the Truckee River. Delicious food and excellent service. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average mealRenolocalDined on 7/9/2014Tidal pool app. Was scary and buried in a creamy sauce. Pork was overcooked and lacked flavor. Potatoe wedges could have been used for door stops.
- Really?!??? Bad, bad, badRenotruthDined on 7/8/2014Where to start… You might as well rename the restaurant Compost because the food and the service we're garbage. Halibut over cooked/dry, pasta dish swimming in 3 inches of oil, sausage had a bottle of cinnamon & nutmeg dumped inside, bottom of pizza was mush. Waitress fotgot our drinks & we didn't see her for over 20 min. Good thing there is a pub next door where we could go get our own drinks at half the cost.
- Always great!!MrwhohaDined on 7/3/2014Always a great meal and good vibe here. Outdoor dining on the river is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Local FavoriteBabsDined on 7/1/2014Great food as always, though the service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.