Campo - Reno
50 North Sierra Street
Reno, NV 89501Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Campo - Reno
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.camporeno.com/
- Phone: 7757379555
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 2:30pm
Late Lunch: 7 days a week: 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Mark Estee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer Catered Office Lunches Monday- Friday. 11:00-12:30 Curbside Delivery is available. All serviceware is included. Please call the restaurant 775-737-9555 for the menu. Menus change weekly.
- Special Events: Our Pastry Chef, Debbie Reetz can make an amazing cake or cupcakes for your event. 48 hour notice on cakes is required.
A word from Campo - Reno
Campo - Reno is a Rustic Neighborhood Restaurant. We have relaxed but attentive service. We change the menu daily. We serve local and organic foods. We serve Naples style Pizza, we cure our own salami and make all our pasta in house. Our beverage program is as fresh and seasonal as our menu. We have a fun and affordable wine menu and by the glass program. Campo runs many promotions, so please check our website www.camporeno.com to see what may be going on right now. Our patio is right on the Truckee River in downtown Reno. We bake all our breads in the wood oven and the 2 open kitchens are the focal point of the restaurant. Loosely translated Campo means gathering place. we welcome you to come on down and make yourself comfortable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Campo - Reno - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
Campo - Reno reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (99)fit for foodies (98)neighborhood gem (76)hot spot (74)special occasion (51)great for lunch (50)scenic view (48)good for groups (44)romantic (34)vibrant bar scene (31)notable wine list (24)great for brunch (20)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- Amazing!Matarazzo1Dined on 10/11/2014I decided to try Campo after seeing the owner on guys grocery games. I really like his whole motto and idea of serving food. So my boyfriend and I decided to make reservations and once we got there we were immediately seated. The food was OUTSTANDING. We started with the cauliflower appetizer and that was the only item that wasn't great - it wasn't bad, it just wasn't great. Then we shared a cup of the squash soup which was one of the best soups both of us had ever had! The beet salad was also to die for! Finally we hated the eggplant pizza and immediately it brought me back to my childhood on the east coast eating pizza. Our meal was AMAZING and we have already made reservations for next month. The owner knows what he's doing here :]Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- michalc240Dined on 10/10/2014A little pricey but food was very good. Innovative bold and imaginative use of ingredients. Service was friendly and helpful, courteous and efficient. Enjoyed the river view on a beautiful evening. Thought of Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fall Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/8/2014A most excellent lunch on the patio. Kale salad is delicious, and Campo pizza the best. The service is always spot-on. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Harried serversOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014The food and cocktails were amazing. Beautifully decorated. The service is harried and seem to be overwhelmed. Other than that perfection, a refreshing find in Reno!Special Features:
- Delicious!renovalleyDined on 10/3/2014Campo continues to live up to its well deserved reputation! Fresh farm food delivered daily, prepared creatively with taste the most important quality. Other factors such as presentation, quantity, attentive but not doting wait staff rate just as high. You can't miss here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylishly OrganicTahoeTasteDined on 10/1/2014Our server was wonderful & very informative; always wearing a smile. Our app. was the Wood-Fired Cauliflower which was delicious. My friend & I both wanted to try a couple entre dishes so we shared the Safron Fettuccine & the White Clam pizza. The pasta dish was good & had plenty of large shrimp in it (I hate it when you only get 3 shrimp), but the Clam Pizza was all about presentation. Yes it looked amazing with open clams cooked right on top of the pizza, but we were so let down when we tasted it. The only flavor we tasted was a chalky burnt flavor that lingered in our mouths. Our server was great & asked if he could have another one made but we decided no. My boyfriend got the Campo pizza which was very flavorful & had no chalky taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Really like the food and the variety. Those booths are too small for 4 growth adults, never again! Figure that one out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riverside LunchchieflypaintedDined on 9/28/2014The atmosphere, view, food and service were excellent. We were not overfed and left feeling full. I am recommending them to everyone!Special Features:
- Great customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Love how the manager came over to see how everything was. That's is great follow up and customer service. I really appreciated that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!JaredRVIPDined on 9/26/2014You cannot go wrong with Campo. Great food, great people and a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat InconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Risotto was not good. They change it regularly and I have had it 3 times and it was very good. Last night the sauce was not flavorful and the Risotto was crunchy. I made mention of it to the staff and they tried to accommodate me by having it cooked again. That would not work. It would have been better for the staff to offer to take it back and have them prepare something else.Special Features:
- TahoeJDined on 9/23/2014The vibe was great and service couldn't have been better!Special Features:
- Campo Consistently DellghtfulHappy2Dined on 9/22/2014Each dining experience at Campo is a fun delicious event. The creative flavor profiles brought by Chef Estee keep us coming back ! The lively atmosphere and professional staff equal the excellence of the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- priorities in the wrong placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014I loved the atmosphere but the food didn't taste good. It was very fancy and high class on the menu, but the taste wasn't there. I could tell by the grimaced faces of those eating around me that I wasn't alone.
- Great Reno Local SpotVegasFoodieDined on 9/19/2014We had a great date night dinner here. Sam, our server was great! I had asked for a substitution on a dish that had red meat and he was on it and made it happen. We did ask for a few items from our food runner and server to accompany our dinner (red flakes, second glass of wine, and balsamic to go with the oil for bread that never came).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ltlfeetDined on 9/16/2014We LOVE Campo...any time we are in Reno we will come!Special Features:
- Good, but not excitingArcheoWebbyDined on 9/13/2014I thought the menu had some good items on it. However, they're a bit generic. They try to spice it up by using words for common things that you have to look up to understand. Bring a smartphone. I had the half chicken meal. That's all it was. A half of a chicken. It came with a side called "mashed potatoes" but they were just roasted Yukon Gold potatoes. The chicken was good, but, I think I expected slightly different presentation. The other meals on the table looked good and my friends liked them. I'll probably go back, but, I'll order something else.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Our sevrver John was just simply amazing. It was my daughter's birthday and we are from CA but my daughter goes to University of Nevada,Reno and we saw this place in Yelp. Glad we picked the right place and the food was just phenomenal. we will for sure come back here.Special Features:
- Could be so much moreNateDined on 9/13/2014Complimentey sparkling water with bland unseasoned food.
- It has gone downhill....DinerBeeDined on 9/12/2014I use to live in Reno; we went to Campo every week and loved it. So on a recent visit we had to stop in. The appetizers and desert were outstanding as usual. But my main course of of salmon was served cold and overcooked. I did point it out and they were gracious and offered to warm my meal, but that seemed like a futile idea since my salmon was overcooked to begin with. I just ate the crab topping and they did not charge me for the salmon which was very cool. But sadly, the other people in my party thought their meals were just mediocre.Special Features:
- Spectacularliv2dineDined on 9/12/2014I will definitely be back! I had the Squid Ink Fettuccine and it was marvelous! The service was awesome, the restaurant itself was beautiful. This is a must see and experience place! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Company celebrationTheGandolfoteamDined on 9/10/2014Campo has become one of our favorite places to eat in Reno. This was our fourth special occasion that we have celebrated with the outstanding staff at Campo. They always take great care of us and the food is amazing, have yet to try any of there entrees that were not a delightful experience for my taste buds and stomach. As local business owners we love the fact that they get as much of there meat and produce from local farms and ranches, for us that is an added bonus to the delightful experience that is an evening out at Campo.
- 2nd time there. Great againrenodeanVIPDined on 9/10/2014This was my second trip to Campo. I've heard a lot about it for a long time and have friends that go there regularly. It was great again. I sat outside this time overlooking the Truckee River. The food was great. Had the D.R.O.P.P. Salad special of the day with blackened snapper. Amazing. The Italian soda of the day was a lemon cream and that was great too. My friend had a lavender cream Italian soda that I will definitely order next time. Yes, that means I'll be back!!!Special Features:
- Good for daughter's birthdaynjoyeatinggourmetDined on 9/8/2014My daughter had the Hanger Steak for the 2nd time as she loved it before and it was offered on the menu again, and she ordered the signature dessert which she let me taste. It was delicious. I had their bacon tomato soup and an appetizer. I couldn't even finish the appetizer, but it was delicious with the beer I ordered. Will probably dine again.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014Once again, an excellent experience at Campo. Great patio setting along the river, friendly service, and delicious food. Quality is always spot-on.Special Features:
- Nice Italian RestaurantRichardDined on 9/2/2014We had a lovely evening at Campo. Freshly made pasta was tasty and well done; the budino was delightful for dessert.Special Features:
- yummy food, consistent servicewestcoastfoodieDined on 8/29/2014This is a great local spot - get a table outside, and look at the river, and enjoy the view as well as yummy food. I've never had a bad meal here, honestly this place rocks. Excellent friendly service. Downtown Reno is a bit--drab (tired?) and so Campo is a welcome oasis. Not just in comparison to its surroundings, but in its own standing - a great kitchen, excellent service, nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Yes to CampoctgoldenbearVIPDined on 8/27/2014Campo is a very nice restaurant on the Truckee River in downtown Reno. The pizza is very good, though a little overpriced. The ambiance on the patio is fantastic. I would defiitely go back to Campo when I am in Reno.Special Features:
- NewinTownDined on 8/27/2014This was our 1st time and we had limited time since we had show tickets. The menu was unique and service was excellent. We will definitely be back soon as there were many dishes we want to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDejavuDined on 8/25/2014Always a great experience, impeccable service, perfect food never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!RenoFoodieDined on 8/24/2014We decided to try the chef's tasting menu. The sous chef Tommy came out and talked to us about our dietary preferences. He then developed a menu just for us. We requested a vegetarian menu except for fish. The kitchen prepared a delectable menu, so much so we did not miss meat at all. In particular, they made a mint and parsley fettucine with heirloom tomatoes that was light and so delicious we could eat it every day. We also enjoyed the freshest king salmon that had been line caught just the day before. We are looking forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!FredandPennyDined on 8/23/2014Totally excellent dinner for my wife and me - her birthday!Special Features:
- Noisy but excellent foodNVBuzzDined on 8/21/2014Have visited twice. Both times the noise level was "through the roof" - actually interior is that modern industrial no ceiling which contributes the hard surfaces that enhance the noise. If you can tolerate that, the food is excellent, Mark Estess specializes in Italian flavors - pasta and pizza dominate the menu, but each is flavorful and unique. First visit had squid ink pasta which tasted amazing. Last visit had sun-dried tomato pizza which was flavorful as any I have ever eaten. And don't miss the heirloom tomatoes - in an area which features cardboard tasting tomatoes (I grew up in New Jersey, so am spoiled on the true taste of tomatoes), these actually had the flavor of tomato. Added mozzarella and it was divine. will return.Special Features:
- Best place on the river!2emptynestersDined on 8/21/2014Every time we come to Reno we dine at this great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, busy, noisyNevadaTahoeDined on 8/19/2014Am guessing Campo is the perfect scene for the"foodie" young professionals. I fit that description, except for the "young" part. So I seek off-peak hours, and search (often in vain) for a quieter corner table. The food, and generally good service, make my search worth the effort, as I come back often. Wish Campo had "quiet bistro" sister, as I'd be a regular there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island of Excellence in the Desert!MaineBigDaddyVIPDined on 8/18/2014Farm to table has hit Reno. I visited here last year and was duly impressed. The return visit was just as memorable. They are doing it right! Just go here, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Good Times and Great FoodChubbymermaidDined on 8/16/2014I have to love a place that serves up unique, local food with great wine and cocktails without making a big deal out of it. You can stop by Campo after a trip to the river or on a night out and you will fit in either way. The menu is ever changing and the wine selections are well thought out. House made charcuterie plate? Yes Please! Roasted beet salad with goat cheese? I'll have two! Our server was also very helpful and friendly, even pointing out some of her favorite menu items.Special Features:
- Kelly3Kelly3Dined on 8/14/2014Haven't had a bad experience ever and the food is always amazing!Special Features:
- Exceeded expectations!WewillbebackDined on 8/10/2014I had been to Campo on a few occasions but my husband had not. When I told him we were going there with some friends for dinner before the baseball game, he made some noise about going...Thought it was just a lot of hype and never imagined that the food could be so good (he had the squid/seafood pasta) and the prices reasonable.. His drink was not initially made to his expectations but McKenzie, our fabuous waitress had it made right and to his liking..He's convinced now that Campo is everything he likes about dining out and then some! We'll be back! Thank you..Special Features:
- As good as advertisedmikeyboyDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I had been eyeing Campo for a long time, but every time we tried to find a table, the wait was outrageous so we passed. Out anniversary was coming up so I planned ahead and made reservations. Well, the restaurant was worth the wait and lived up to the hype. The food was outstanding and every bit as good as any restaurant I've ever been to. My only complaint was the noise level seemed high and the place is busy, busy, busy. It was fairly crowded and there was a ton of traffic passing by our table. The prices are moderately high but worth it for locally sourced, high quality produce and livestock. The end result at the table are delicious meals that are unique and delicious.Special Features: