Campo - Reno
50 North Sierra Street
Reno, NV 89501Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Campo - Reno
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.camporeno.com/
- Phone: 7757379555
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 2:30pm
Late Lunch: 7 days a week: 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Mark Estee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer Catered Office Lunches Monday- Friday. 11:00-12:30 Curbside Delivery is available. All serviceware is included. Please call the restaurant 775-737-9555 for the menu. Menus change weekly.
- Special Events: Our Pastry Chef, Debbie Reetz can make an amazing cake or cupcakes for your event. 48 hour notice on cakes is required.
A word from Campo - Reno
Campo - Reno is a Rustic Neighborhood Restaurant. We have relaxed but attentive service. We change the menu daily. We serve local and organic foods. We serve Naples style Pizza, we cure our own salami and make all our pasta in house. Our beverage program is as fresh and seasonal as our menu. We have a fun and affordable wine menu and by the glass program. Campo runs many promotions, so please check our website www.camporeno.com to see what may be going on right now. Our patio is right on the Truckee River in downtown Reno. We bake all our breads in the wood oven and the 2 open kitchens are the focal point of the restaurant. Loosely translated Campo means gathering place. we welcome you to come on down and make yourself comfortable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Campo - Reno - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
Campo - Reno reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (105)great for outdoor dining (104)hot spot (78)neighborhood gem (69)special occasion (64)great for lunch (59)scenic view (54)good for groups (39)romantic (38)vibrant bar scene (37)notable wine list (25)great for brunch (22)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We LOVE Campo...any time we are in Reno we will come!Special Features:
- Good, but not excitingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I thought the menu had some good items on it. However, they're a bit generic. They try to spice it up by using words for common things that you have to look up to understand. Bring a smartphone. I had the half chicken meal. That's all it was. A half of a chicken. It came with a side called "mashed potatoes" but they were just roasted Yukon Gold potatoes. The chicken was good, but, I think I expected slightly different presentation. The other meals on the table looked good and my friends liked them. I'll probably go back, but, I'll order something else.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Our sevrver John was just simply amazing. It was my daughter's birthday and we are from CA but my daughter goes to University of Nevada,Reno and we saw this place in Yelp. Glad we picked the right place and the food was just phenomenal. we will for sure come back here.Special Features:
- Could be so much moreNateDined on 9/13/2014Complimentey sparkling water with bland unseasoned food.
- It has gone downhill....DinerBeeDined on 9/12/2014I use to live in Reno; we went to Campo every week and loved it. So on a recent visit we had to stop in. The appetizers and desert were outstanding as usual. But my main course of of salmon was served cold and overcooked. I did point it out and they were gracious and offered to warm my meal, but that seemed like a futile idea since my salmon was overcooked to begin with. I just ate the crab topping and they did not charge me for the salmon which was very cool. But sadly, the other people in my party thought their meals were just mediocre.Special Features:
- Spectacularliv2dineDined on 9/12/2014I will definitely be back! I had the Squid Ink Fettuccine and it was marvelous! The service was awesome, the restaurant itself was beautiful. This is a must see and experience place! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Company celebrationTheGandolfoteamDined on 9/10/2014Campo has become one of our favorite places to eat in Reno. This was our fourth special occasion that we have celebrated with the outstanding staff at Campo. They always take great care of us and the food is amazing, have yet to try any of there entrees that were not a delightful experience for my taste buds and stomach. As local business owners we love the fact that they get as much of there meat and produce from local farms and ranches, for us that is an added bonus to the delightful experience that is an evening out at Campo.
- 2nd time there. Great againrenodeanVIPDined on 9/10/2014This was my second trip to Campo. I've heard a lot about it for a long time and have friends that go there regularly. It was great again. I sat outside this time overlooking the Truckee River. The food was great. Had the D.R.O.P.P. Salad special of the day with blackened snapper. Amazing. The Italian soda of the day was a lemon cream and that was great too. My friend had a lavender cream Italian soda that I will definitely order next time. Yes, that means I'll be back!!!Special Features:
- Good for daughter's birthdaynjoyeatinggourmetDined on 9/8/2014My daughter had the Hanger Steak for the 2nd time as she loved it before and it was offered on the menu again, and she ordered the signature dessert which she let me taste. It was delicious. I had their bacon tomato soup and an appetizer. I couldn't even finish the appetizer, but it was delicious with the beer I ordered. Will probably dine again.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014Once again, an excellent experience at Campo. Great patio setting along the river, friendly service, and delicious food. Quality is always spot-on.Special Features:
- Nice Italian RestaurantRichardDined on 9/2/2014We had a lovely evening at Campo. Freshly made pasta was tasty and well done; the budino was delightful for dessert.Special Features:
- yummy food, consistent servicewestcoastfoodieDined on 8/29/2014This is a great local spot - get a table outside, and look at the river, and enjoy the view as well as yummy food. I've never had a bad meal here, honestly this place rocks. Excellent friendly service. Downtown Reno is a bit--drab (tired?) and so Campo is a welcome oasis. Not just in comparison to its surroundings, but in its own standing - a great kitchen, excellent service, nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Yes to CampoctgoldenbearVIPDined on 8/27/2014Campo is a very nice restaurant on the Truckee River in downtown Reno. The pizza is very good, though a little overpriced. The ambiance on the patio is fantastic. I would defiitely go back to Campo when I am in Reno.Special Features:
- NewinTownDined on 8/27/2014This was our 1st time and we had limited time since we had show tickets. The menu was unique and service was excellent. We will definitely be back soon as there were many dishes we want to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Always a great experience, impeccable service, perfect food never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!RenoFoodieDined on 8/24/2014We decided to try the chef's tasting menu. The sous chef Tommy came out and talked to us about our dietary preferences. He then developed a menu just for us. We requested a vegetarian menu except for fish. The kitchen prepared a delectable menu, so much so we did not miss meat at all. In particular, they made a mint and parsley fettucine with heirloom tomatoes that was light and so delicious we could eat it every day. We also enjoyed the freshest king salmon that had been line caught just the day before. We are looking forward to visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!FredandPennyDined on 8/23/2014Totally excellent dinner for my wife and me - her birthday!Special Features:
- Noisy but excellent foodNVBuzzDined on 8/21/2014Have visited twice. Both times the noise level was "through the roof" - actually interior is that modern industrial no ceiling which contributes the hard surfaces that enhance the noise. If you can tolerate that, the food is excellent, Mark Estess specializes in Italian flavors - pasta and pizza dominate the menu, but each is flavorful and unique. First visit had squid ink pasta which tasted amazing. Last visit had sun-dried tomato pizza which was flavorful as any I have ever eaten. And don't miss the heirloom tomatoes - in an area which features cardboard tasting tomatoes (I grew up in New Jersey, so am spoiled on the true taste of tomatoes), these actually had the flavor of tomato. Added mozzarella and it was divine. will return.Special Features:
- Best place on the river!2emptynestersDined on 8/21/2014Every time we come to Reno we dine at this great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, busy, noisyNevadaTahoeDined on 8/19/2014Am guessing Campo is the perfect scene for the"foodie" young professionals. I fit that description, except for the "young" part. So I seek off-peak hours, and search (often in vain) for a quieter corner table. The food, and generally good service, make my search worth the effort, as I come back often. Wish Campo had "quiet bistro" sister, as I'd be a regular there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island of Excellence in the Desert!MaineBigDaddyVIPDined on 8/18/2014Farm to table has hit Reno. I visited here last year and was duly impressed. The return visit was just as memorable. They are doing it right! Just go here, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Good Times and Great FoodChubbymermaidDined on 8/16/2014I have to love a place that serves up unique, local food with great wine and cocktails without making a big deal out of it. You can stop by Campo after a trip to the river or on a night out and you will fit in either way. The menu is ever changing and the wine selections are well thought out. House made charcuterie plate? Yes Please! Roasted beet salad with goat cheese? I'll have two! Our server was also very helpful and friendly, even pointing out some of her favorite menu items.Special Features:
- Kelly3Kelly3Dined on 8/14/2014Haven't had a bad experience ever and the food is always amazing!Special Features:
- Exceeded expectations!WewillbebackDined on 8/10/2014I had been to Campo on a few occasions but my husband had not. When I told him we were going there with some friends for dinner before the baseball game, he made some noise about going...Thought it was just a lot of hype and never imagined that the food could be so good (he had the squid/seafood pasta) and the prices reasonable.. His drink was not initially made to his expectations but McKenzie, our fabuous waitress had it made right and to his liking..He's convinced now that Campo is everything he likes about dining out and then some! We'll be back! Thank you..Special Features:
- As good as advertisedmikeyboyDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I had been eyeing Campo for a long time, but every time we tried to find a table, the wait was outrageous so we passed. Out anniversary was coming up so I planned ahead and made reservations. Well, the restaurant was worth the wait and lived up to the hype. The food was outstanding and every bit as good as any restaurant I've ever been to. My only complaint was the noise level seemed high and the place is busy, busy, busy. It was fairly crowded and there was a ton of traffic passing by our table. The prices are moderately high but worth it for locally sourced, high quality produce and livestock. The end result at the table are delicious meals that are unique and delicious.Special Features:
- TeriKiaDined on 8/8/2014Always pleased with each visit, this time was for my mothers b-day. As usual they did a great job. The staff is never disappointing , they always want to please and make sure everything is just perfect. The food is wonderful, this time I had carbonara bucatini , it was great! Everything is home made. My mother had the BBQ chicken pizza , even down to the sauce was homemade and theory had been slow cooked and pulled. Great place!Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable DiningenjoyDined on 8/4/2014Our dinner experience was very enjoyable. This was a great find! Good Food, Good Service and the atmosphere was comfortable.Special Features:
- Innovative menu: A real favorite!mikeDined on 8/3/2014Campo's is a wonderful choice for an informal discerning group, looking for delicious, innovative dishes. The appetizers are fantastics...try the pig parts; they were gone the instant they hit our table! The pizza are scrumptious and the charcuterie platter was perfect. All of the specials were particularly delightful... The pastas are homemade and tasty (and after heavy appetizers it is nice that they are offered in small and large portions. The desserts are to die for...just be sure to leave room. I also appreciate that Campo suppliers are largely local, sustainable producers. Cute note: they serve their Chianti by the glass in small juice glasses as is the habit I observed in the small Italian town I once visited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantasticsunnybirdDined on 8/2/2014Campo is an amazing restaurant. The food is incredibly fresh, and prepared with great love and skill. Would go back over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Campo Hot August Nights 7-31-14snova1969Dined on 7/31/2014I'm a Blue collar car lover. Myself and my 2 friends arrived at Campo Reno on Thurs. 7-31-14 @ 7:30 to a Most friendly reception. the Open Table Reservation got us right in. The restaurant smelled intoxicating. The staff was Top Notch. The selection on the menu was awesome. The food and service was amazing. This was a wonderful meal. I Can't thank Open Table enough for the great table at the Hottest spot on the River Walk. Thank You So Much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodNN86Dined on 7/30/2014Been eating at campo since the opening. Born and raised in reno, this place is consistant. Its still the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to TablelenoreDined on 7/30/2014great place for fresh, organic, farm to table dining. The service was good. A hot spot for the 30 something crowd. A little noisy for my preference.Special Features:
- Perfect for lunch with friendsLindalovesbooksDined on 7/29/2014Three of us met for lunch at Campo. The service was friendly and attentive. Two of us had the daily lunch plate. The soup was delicious, polenta was perfect, salad nice and crisp and the cookie was yummy. The third person had the calamari fritti over a kale salad. We split a dessert. Everything about the experience was top notch. I've been to Campo for dinner but this was my first time doing lunch there. I will definitely return. My only quibble is that the waiter insisted on calling us all "Miss." We are all over 60, married and comfortable with being old. Why do servers think they need to call us anything? "Would you like more lemonade." would work just as well and be less annoying and oily.Special Features:
- Another Great DinnerTomEDined on 7/27/2014For the second time we had the chef's tasting menu, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Chef Tommy came out, greeted us, and got a feel for what we enjoyed. He also sold us on a a wine pairing with the food that he planned to prepare. In the space provided here I would not have enough time to adequately explain the five courses he provided, and thus I will summarize by saying that we really enjoyed the meal. we will come back, and we will eat it again.Special Features:
- Food is always excellentMattyDined on 7/26/2014This is easily one of the best restaurants in the region. Far better than any of the "celebrity chef" restaurants in Las Vegas. This is real food cooked to perfection. The focus is always on the food and the ever changing menu shows that the chef is designing meals around what is available rather than some set protein or vegetable that may have to be flown in from South America. On this night our service was particularly excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at CampoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014We brought friends from the Bay Area to Campo for dinner on Saturday night and I'm really glad to have made reservations on Open Table. This place was hopping and many people were waiting to be seated. The food was good, not "to-die-for" awesome, but it was good. The appetizer portions were meager and we had to ask for the crackers that were listed with the cheese plate. The bread that is provided after seating was fresh and yummy, however, it was also small portions. The house salad was pretty minimalistic as far as ingredients go, but the dressing was very good. Lastly, the entrees I ordered did not match the description and was waaaaaay too garlicky. I love garlic, but this was burning my lips. The ambience and service were A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014Great spot for dinner on a Friday night. Great food, and excellent service at a vibrant spot. We'll definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatelynDined on 7/26/2014First time visiting Campo. We were a half hour early for our reservation but were still seated and offered drink menus. The service was incredible. We were well taken care of without feeling smothered. The food was fantastic. We plan on visiting again very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Member of party had specific requests for meal due to food sensitivity. The chef came out and spoke to us, and then made us a fabulous meal! Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Reno ResturantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014Had a family meal at Campo - tried lots of things and enjoyed them all. Staff was great and a lot of fun. Loved breakfast for dinner - risotto with caper,onions, lox - very, very, good. Salmon was excellent. Can't wait to go back. Think I may just fly in again for dinner!!! Loved that the management and staff tried a new wine with us - very classy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.