225 Main Street
Northport, NY 11768Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.campariristorante.com/
- Phone: 6317576700
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Dessert, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Danyell Miller
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Bring the delicious food and atmosphere you know and love from Campari to your own site. We can accommodate any special occasion!
- Private Party Facilities: Our small dining room can be turned into your own private dining room! Book a holiday or special events party with us. We can accommodate approximately 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Danyell Miller 6317576700
- Entertainment: We sponsor many local artists and musicians who perform live on select Tuesday and Friday nights as well as Sunday Brunch Jazz.
- Special Events: We will be open Early for Easter serving a special menu - Easter Brunch. $15 per person, special beverages, Frittatas, Eggs & Marinara, Lemon-Ricotta Crepes, Cappuccino Gelato French Toast & More....Seating is LIMITED, reservations recommended.
A word from Campari Ristorante
A family-owned and operated Italian restaurant in the heart of historic Northport Village on Long Island, New York. Where we strive to ensure that every visit is more satisfying and memorable than the last. Located at 225 Main Street across from the John W. Engeman Theater - come in and share the warmth and flair of this local gem as you enjoy some of the best Italian food on the Island. Now you can enjoy dinner and a Broadway show without the commute!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Campari Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)romantic (3)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- eeknessVIPDined on 8/8/2014I used to really like this restaurant, but I think that the prices are going up while the service and portion sizes are going down. The quality of food is still there though. I'm not a big fan of the new menu, but there are items that I like. I just leave hungry, and I'm not a big eater. Service was not good. The staff is nice but they are not trained well.
- PatronAllieDined on 8/8/2014Food was okay chicken a little tough. Service was just okay waitresses pored water on my foot and did Not realize.Special Features:
- OK for pre theater dinnerWalt46Dined on 8/7/2014Campari Ristorante has the huge fortune to be located directly across from the Engemann Theater in Northport. Hence the Open Table option - use it. Food can be described as above average red sauce Italian. Bread basket is wonderful - the accompanying olive oil with a touch of Balsamic a nice touch. If you order carefully from the menu, you can have a very nice meal. Stick with the basics: a very nicely prepared Spaghetti and Meatballs for $16 or the garlicky/buttery Shrimp Scampi for a bit over $20 are good food bets.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pass on This One!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Although our server was terrific, food left much to be desired for. Clams Oreganata were merely clams with Panko Breadcrumbs. Zero sauce and no flavor. Clams Oreganata had celery, green peppers, tiny chards of something that might have been a pork (definitely not Bacon) and AGAIN Panko Breadcrumbs. No sauce or flavor. Zuppa de Pesce looked great but plain. The broth was tasteless. Usually it is served in a Marinara sauce. Could have been a mistake. Can't remember what sauce the menu stated. Eggplant Parmigiana could have been great minus the long black hair baked right in the middle of it! Management made a big mistake in deducting 75% off the price of the eggplant instead of taking that entree off the bill! Sorry. Won't be back!
- Great food, great serviceCarlDined on 7/29/2014Food was great, nice portion, eggplant temanade as a starter gratis was nice. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- A throwback, with inconsistenciesQossDined on 6/21/2014The crowd is older, though there were families with children the night we visited too. The menu has many Italian standards in generous portions and could please a multigenerational crowd. Our servers were super nice, but the service was spotty (we sat outside.) My husband ordered gazpacho and we waited 20 minutes before we were informed it was not available. So he ordered another cold appetizer and the waitress said it would be out in 2 minutes. 10-15 minutes later gazpacho arrives. While I don't mean to be ungrateful that the chef made another order of the soup, gazpacho needs time to marinate- it wasn't great. My clams in white sauce were fantastic (with carmelized bits of garlic,) but sadly, the linguine was well past al dente.
- Nice dinnermk1222Dined on 6/13/2014We went on the spur of the moment. We live in Northport, saw the offer from Living Huntington, had no plans for that night (friday) so I went on Open Table and made a reservation. Delicious dinner, nice wine, would definitely go back!Special Features:
- The following 53 reviews are from the Campari Ristorante reviews archive.
- OK PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2014Restaurant is an OK place to eat prior to the theatre. Veal marsala was not very good[veal tough-marsala watery]. Very good sole special. Very friendly server.
- footdocVIPDined on 5/2/2014food was just Fair ……my veal marsala and it was just plain cooked veal a few mushrooms no marsala sauce at all……it was way too late to send anything back or we would of missed our show…….we arrived at 5:45 and we left at 7:45 . Our caesar salad was very good, we did not have time for dessert & coffee…….this place is very convienent to the Northport theatre and is probably a lot better when they are not filled and under pressure to get everyone out in time for the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Neighborhood SpotRadioPeriVIPDined on 3/29/2014Ate here before a performance of The Music Man at The Engeman Theater across the street (which was excellent, by the way!), and were extremely pleased! The food was quite good, the service was excellent, and the prices were very reasonable. We chose one of the special appetizers, a lobster cake, that was exceptional. This is a solid choice in the Village of Northport, whether pre-show or anytime!
- EhhhFoodie5490Dined on 3/23/2014I saw the menu online and was really excited to try the salmon cheesecake (an appetizer) since I haven't seen anything like that anywhere else. When we order I was informed that they didn't have that item that night. Also, the appetizer my boyfriend ordered (I believe dumplings?) was not made that night either. We both had to Change our appetizer. I ended up getting the seafood soup which was really good. My boyfriend ordered baked clams that he really liked as well, but I'm not sure why those other two items weren't made. The wine selection is tiny. But I do like that half bottles wine.Special Features:
- Change isn't always for the best!4DisappointeddinersDined on 3/14/2014With the menu change at Northort's Campari came disappointment and dissatisfaction! There were very few selections on the menu that were appealing to our palate, as well as limited choices for the little diners in tow. The calamari was very tough and rubber-like, and wasn't easy to chew.
- Charming Small Restaurantcasey155Dined on 3/8/2014Lovely dining experience on main street in northport. so convenient to the theatre. service was superb as was the food. Unfortunately they ran out of the Pinot Gricio we were enjoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theatreDinerVIPDined on 3/6/2014I've been here before for pre theatre dining and it was good so I suggested it for our group of 8. The service was horrible. Our good came out at all different times and my dish was not served until 10 minutes before show time. I couldn't eat it and to have it wrapped right away and pay check. Btw we arrived more than 90 minutes before show time. Very disappointed. The food was delicious the next day when I got to eat itSpecial Features:
- Rare findMelissaDined on 2/14/2014Food is great service is great. Not the fanciest but who needs frills when you your belly will be full! The portions are big and the staff is very friendly.Special Features:
- what a findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014the food was amazing ~~~ the staff made you feel so comfortable I so loved itSpecial Features:
- The menu and service haveLicriticDined on 1/31/2014The menu and service have greatly improved from a restaurant next to the pizza place. The service was attentive and the menu very nice. The food was delicious and they accommodated special orders. The restaurant is very convenient for the Engeman Theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice family atomsphere andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2013Nice family atomsphere and great food. We went as a group of 6 after seeing the show at the Engeman Theatre across the street. Would certainly go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was nice but weLindaDined on 12/14/2013Restaurant was nice but we were not seated immediately when we got there even though the table was ready. We were told that we were 5 minutes early and the wait staff was not ready for us. There were only 2 other occupied tables in the restaurant. We thought that was rude, especially since it was a cold snowy night and we were cold and wet and there really is no place to stand when you enter the restaurant. We were a table of 7 and we were huddled in a corner next to patrons who were already seated.
- Unfortunately the long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/12/2013Unfortunately the long wait for our courses dampered the evening. We had high hopes for a nice experience which were not fulfilled.
- Great surpriseDinerVIPDined on 11/1/2013Restaurant much nicer tha n I expected from viewing the outside. Food was delicious and ambience just right. Perfect pretheatre dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal before ShowtheaterdinerDined on 10/27/2013Had special soup , special ravioli and a side of broccoli rabe. EXCELLENT One suggestion: poor bread not appropriate for the level of food served here. Pick up an outstanding loaf in the great northport bakery. Will return and hope to see new bread ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northport ItaliancooperDined on 10/26/2013The staff at this Northport Italian restaurant was very helpful and professional and the setting was nice, however the food was not very good .The fried calamari was the smallest portion I have ever seen and it was very tough and the caesar salad had either very little dressing on it or it was flavorless. The vodka sauce on the pasta was strange with huge unbroken piece of canned tomatoes and two of the cups of coffee at the end of the meal arrived ice cold.
- Stale FoodMrsCDined on 9/20/2013I should have guessed something was wrong as we were the only people in the restaurant. We ordered the hot antipasto and it stuck ! The clams were old, the calmari was rubber, even the bread on the table was stale, Tje main course was no better - we stopped at that. The waitresses were very nice and attentive, again we were the only two people in the restaurant on a Friday night. Go elsewhere in Northport !
- theater across the streetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013we advised the wait staff that we had theater tickets for 8pm and our reservation was at 6pm. we arrived on time and felt there would be sufficient time to order our meals, eat and still arrive to our theater seats in advance to showtime. we were served our dinner at 730 and had to rush to eat, pay and get across the street. we asked several time about our food and were told that they were very busy. disappointing attitude for a restaurant across the street from a theater.
- Sunday lunchLionRoDined on 8/25/2013We (my group of 6) enjoyed our lunch experience. Food was good, service was quick, decor was enchanting. We had theater reservations so were concerned we would be done in time and we were. Would definitely recommend again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great location in the quaintalwayshungryDined on 8/17/2013great location in the quaint village of Northport, especially for those attending a show at the John Engeman Theater; it's right across the street, no need to rush through dinner, just stroll across and your night is complete. Food and service were both very good. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Expectations but...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/13/2013Food is average to good, portions are very small & the prices would suggest a better restaurant. Overall I would not eat there again...
- The staff are friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2013The staff are friendly and experienced plus add in the fact that the restaurant was quite full, we didn't have to wait long for our dinner. The Osso Bucco was delicious.Special Features:
- Food & service were great.Bean29903VIPDined on 7/6/2013Food & service were great. It was the second time we have eaten here & we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good italian foodluv2dineDined on 6/30/2013the restaurant has traditional Italian faire. food was excellent. they also have very good service. the restaurant is clean and very homey. new to the menu that night was capellini Rustica. it was excellent. I Cleaned My Plate, I Rarely Do that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointing dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2013Food was a disappointment, definitely not worth the price. The caesar salad was under-dressed and mostly tasteless. My husband asked for capellini, but his meal was prepared with linguini. My so-called "shrimp scampi" had not a bit of garlic and butter. Why call it shrimp scampi? Why not call it " bland shrimp with linguini? At the next table we overheard a women return her scallop dish before we were served. Maybe we should have done the same. The service was attentive and our waitress was apologetic when we told her about our disappointment with the meals. The owner needs to get a new chef!
- Try it..it's great!JaneebetDined on 6/22/2013Convenient for theater experience and will top off a memorable night With notibly good food. You won't be disappointed
- Best kept secret in NY!FDGBLKDined on 6/2/2013The restaurant is charming and intimate and great detail is taken in making the guest feel special. It is evident the owners really care for the local culture as they always have local artists’ artwork on display in the restaurant. The staff is always attentive and personable and always goes out of their way to make us feel comfortable. The chef constantly has elegant and unique specials available which are always delicious. The veal saltimbocca and spaghetti and meatballs are out of this world and we have yet to try anything we didn’t like. The wine selection is appropriate for the setting and each time they have new and exceptional selections available. I cannot say enough about this place - trust me you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the second time myMarkCisVIPDined on 6/2/2013This is the second time my wife and I dined at this restaurant prior to seeing a show at the John Engeman Theater. We had issues with slow service both times. This time, they were short-staffed with only one waitress for the entire dining room on a Sunday evening. The bus help they had were pretty much worthless. It wasn't even a very warm day outside...but the dining room was extremely warm and stuffy. Other than that...the menu was diverse and the entrees we had (rigatoni bolognese and chicken marsala) were both very tasty.
- Always a winnerMrBlzVIPDined on 5/17/2013This is always an excellent dining experience. The lobster cake is delightful and delicious. All of their specials are just that, special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013Although the restaurant is small, it has an intimate charm about it. Although we arrived early for our reservation, our table was ready and we were seated immediately.Staff were attentive; food & service were both very good. Diverse menu but a bit pricey. Would definitely make a return trip! All in all, satisfied with our choice of the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding SpecialsMrBlzVIPDined on 5/5/2013The lobster cake and Portobello mushroom appetizer special was unbelievable. Delicious. All of their menu items are great but today I had the scallop special with lemon risotto. Again, just so delicious. We often like an early Sunday afternoon. Very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant. We arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2013Great restaurant. We arrived early for our reservation, but it was not a problem. We enjoyed the food, great specials and had a wonderful time with our friends. The restaurant didn't rush as at all! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've eaten here several timesDinahDinerDined on 4/27/2013We've eaten here several times before both before and after going to the theater across the street. The food is always good, the service is very nice and it is quite convenient. I've had the eggplant and the salmon and both were delicious. My husband has had the sea bass and veal and has liked them both. There is a limited wine list and I was disappointed that they didn't have white Zinfandel, but I made due with their reisling. We've brought friends here and they always agree that it is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.