416 S. Main Street
Davidson, NC 28036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.campaniacafe.com/home
- Phone: 7049875111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Vincent DiGiorgio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer on site and off site catering. We can provide as much or as little as you would like (pick up or delivery with setup and full staff for your event).
- Private Party Facilities: Our dining room is the perfect setting for you private function, with exposed brick walls, benches with cushions and seating for up to 50 people. The ice house hoist is displayed under an exposed beam ceiling. The dining room also comes with a wine bar to serve your party. Enjoy one of our hand selected Italian white or red wines or a sparkling Prosecco while mingling during your cocktail hour.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy DiGiorgio 7049875111
- Entertainment: Party on the Porch is from May to September! Enjoy Live entertainment! Our covered front porch is the perfect place to enjoy live music in the warm months, with a nice breeze under fans. 6:30pm - 9pm, every Friday night, (weather permitting)
A word from Campania Cafe
Campania Italian Café & Trattoria features authentic Italian cuisine in a casual elegant dining atmosphere. The dining room setting is warm & inviting with rustic brick walls and the original Ice House Hoist is displayed under exposed beams. Lunch is served daily, Monday through Friday, offering panini sandwiches, fresh salads, homemade soups, pasta dishes and daily specials. Dinner is served beginning at 5pm in the dining room. The trattoria seasonal dinner menu includes appetizers, authentic pasta dishes and veal & chicken entrees, as well as excellent seafood specials. Bakery goods, Italian cakes, cookies and pastries, and espresso bar are available. The dining room can host large parties and private events. Catering is also available off site or carry out. Campania is proud to be a part of Davidson’s South Main Street Arts district, located in the well-known “Ice House”, the former site of the historical Davidson Ice & Fuel Plant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Campania Cafe - Best Restaurants in Davidson ›
Campania Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)special occasion (39)romantic (38)fit for foodies (30)great for outdoor dining (21)notable wine list (17)good for groups (16)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Gem of a restaurantMel725Dined on 8/27/2014Adorable restaurant, love the atmosphere!! But more than anything the food was great!! I will be back and I have already told many friends about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeTuscanfdlvrDined on 8/16/2014Good place for a nice dinner. Appetizers quite good, but main courses a bit heavy on garlic. Wine great and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!goodeatsDined on 8/15/2014We had a party of 7 on a Friday night -- arrived at 7:30pm, had made reservations online which was SO easy -- the restaurant did not seem too busy -- we were brought straight to our table, didn't have to wait for anything at that point -- the food was FANTASTIC! Our waiter came to the table three times for various reasons before offering to take our orders -- but it took around 45 minutes to get our food after we had ordered it -- which seemed a bit long, especially since we only got one basket of rolls once, to split between 7 of us -- I'm not sure we would have noticed the wait if we were actually snacking on something -- but the food made up for the wait, because it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chaz1ckDined on 8/11/2014Food was good but overshadowed by poor service. Went there with a party of five. Three of the appetizers were served with the remaining two served ten minutes later. Waitress poured the wine and spilled droplets on the table and plates. When ordering dessert we asked for the flowerless cake. The waitress said she would check to see if there was any and later came back with all the other desserts. When asked for the cake, only then she told us there was none. This was the second time I went to this restaurant and the last.Special Features:
- reeagleDined on 8/4/2014This place makes very good Italian food and offers a quite interesting wine list. The mussels appetizer was delicious.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Went to Campania during restaurant week. The food was ok. It was just your run of the mill Italian, nothing to get excited about.
- Very pleasant dining experiencediningaroundtownDined on 7/26/2014Party of 5 (including a 5 year old) and an out of town guest. We were seated at an ample table, not crowed at all, plenty of room between our table and the other patrons. We were very pleased with our selections. Appetizers were wonderful. When dinner arrived (not much of a wait at all) we were all surprised at the generous portions of our meals. Our table ordered a variety of dishes and each of us were very happy with our dishes. Deserts were sizeable and delicious. I would not hesitate to recommend!Special Features:
- First visit. Evaluation = mixed.BludogVIPDined on 7/26/2014Our plans were made weeks in advance; just happened to be during Restaurant Week. More than half of the seating is split tables - benches against the wall for half the table and chairs on the other side (HATE that!). We asked if we could be seated at a table and were told "everything was reserved". Only served from a prix fixe menu (RW); some great choices, though. Servings were GENEROUS; included a glass of (house) wine. Arancini and calamari were tasty. Although, the cena portions were generous the food was 3.5 to 4 stars - max. We had a the sole and the rib eye; maybe we should have ordered "Italian", i.e. pasta. Sides were OK - again, 2.5 to 3 stars. Desserts were the best food of the meal - cannoli and chocolate torte were wonderful.
- genuine italianklp0723Dined on 7/25/2014Great Italian food with zero skimp on portions, even during restaurant week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding find!food4allDined on 7/25/2014Great restaurant in Davidson. Felt like being in Italy. Food was great! Service was excellent, but not obtrusive. Front porch dining with live music. Will be going back!Special Features:
- One of my favoriteFoodiegbbDined on 7/25/2014restaurants in the region. Service is excellent, as is the food. Great place for special celebrations and intimate dinners. We've had many of the dishes and have never been disappointed. I am picky about Italian restaurants, and this one is really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceluvrestaurantsDined on 7/24/2014Always try at least 1 new (to us ) place during Restaurant Week. This place is a keeper & we will be returning for another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Campania Cafe is a gem!Love2eatoutDined on 7/23/2014We went to the restaurant during Queen's Feast week on Wednesday night. Were able to get a table through Open Table the same day. We were seated right away, the hostess was very attentive. Our server was very pleasant, but unfortunately he was working the bar, and waiting tables, stretched pretty thin. Our food was wonderful, but it seemed others were being served before we were, that were seated after us. We would certain go again. We realize that during Queen's Feast week, the restaurants are very busy. Loved the location, the ambience of the restaurant was very cozy and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placefrygirlDined on 7/23/2014loved it! Will go back. Great atmosphere and food. ......................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!dymicheleDined on 7/22/2014We came here for Queens Feast week and were not dissappointed. The service is outstanding on its own. They were really busy and we had a reservation, but the table previously sitting had not moved. They let us sit in the waiting area and went ahead and served us our wine from the queens feast. After about 15 minutes, they offered us a different table in the wine bar and we were fine with that. And I am glad we did because it was much more open and quiet. The food was amazing! The portions were large, and the ingreidents were fresh. I had the Aranchi, Butternut Squash Ravioli, and the Chocolate Truffle Torte. And there was nothing left because it was amazing. My friend had the Caprese, Lasgna and the cannoli. DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014We opted to dine here for Restaurant Week - they had, by far, one of the best RW menus I've seen! Great food, friendly staff, lovely atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed up, but overall positiveOutforfunDined on 7/22/2014Four of us went out for Restaurant Week. The grilled romaine salad was very good, as was the calamari. We ordered the rib eye and while the potatoes, green beans and bread were all great, the rib eye was not. The meat was tasty and there was a lot of it, but it had gristle and fat and was not very tender. This was true for all 3 of us that ordered it. It was just a poor cut of meat and I was expecting more from this quality of restaurant. The Chocolate Cake was to die for and the service from Hannah was outstanding. I have eaten here before and enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableMimiDined on 7/21/2014Always reliable for food, service, ambiance and good music on the weekends. One of the best authentic Italian restaurants around. Wine list has excellent brands and the house wines are just as good. Not to be missed!Special Features:
- My new favoriterynmassDined on 7/19/2014We have eaten at Campania several times now and the food is AMAZING. The entire staff is friendly and attentive. We have tried almost everything on the menu at this point and every single thing is absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- CampaniaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I enjoyed the entire evening at Campania. The atmosphere was welcoming. The service was attentive but not bothersome. The food was delicious. The restaurant knows how to deal with the crowds of Queens Feast and they did so without a hitch. We can't wait to try it again another evening as there were so many choices we had to pass on our first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden place.mamaninaDined on 7/19/2014We went for the Charlotte week to try something new. We were not dissapointed, they were very organized and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great spot to take the in-lawsNDNCfoodiesDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I took her parents here Sat. night and all had a great time. We are all big Italian food fans and there was no disappointed pallets at our table. We decided to all get different apps. and entrees to share and that worked out well. Truly authentic flavors in all the dishes, the place makes you feel like you are on a cobble street in Milan or Turin. Great for a relaxed evening and prices are what's expected for food of this quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Perfect for a date night, showing family and friends a great restaurant, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1ST Visit to CampaignaNothappy1Dined on 7/12/2014This was our first visit after I saw an ad in the weekly paper. My husband is part Italian and loves spaghetti, so that is what he ordered. He found the sauce very watery with huge chunks of tomatoes in it. I had the chicken marsala which while I liked the marsala sauce, but found the chicken to be tough and heavily breaded. For desert we ordered Tari Masu which appeared more like a pudding instead of cake and not very flavorful. My husband also ordered a cup of coffee with baileys and we were appalled that a shot of baileys cost $7. I could have bought a whole bottle for that.
- Friday Night DateWilburDined on 7/11/2014Friday night is date night for my wife and I. We always enjoy the ones we spend on the porch at Campania. The music is romantic, easy to listen to, but does not over ride our conversation as we review the week and make plans for the future. The owners and staff have always been pleasant and respectful of our togetherness. The food must be great; we keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outDavidsoniteDined on 7/5/2014Decided to go here on a whim and were so glad we did. Excellent service. Our waitress recommended a few items and all were fabulous! Try the calamari, you'll be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindLuvtwoeatVIPDined on 7/3/2014At my son's for the weekend and looked for a place to eat on Opentable. Saw Campania Cafe and thought we'd try it. We were not disapointed at all. Great food, great portions, great staff. Try it out, you'll love it.Special Features:
- Dinner with grandma and nieces.MoandthegirlsDined on 7/3/2014Staff very nice and friendly. Great GF menu. Can bring own GF pasta they will make you any pasta dish on menu!Very considerate. Prices a bit high for grabbing dinner out, would consider for special occasion. Mussels were sparse, many shells empty making meal more sparse. Salad was supposed to have candied nuts but they were missing. And way too much garlic in sauce! Huge chunks which we had to pick out (not easy in mussels. guess it was good they were big pieces) but missed a few and bit into! Yuk! New waiter was very kind. We didn't complain because he already seemed a little nervous and we had to make a flight so no time to fix. Hope this was isolated because great space. Love the brick and stone walls and cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time...DavidVIPDined on 6/28/2014The setting is casual and comfortable. I think anyone would feel at home in shorts or dressed up. The food was very good and tasty...and had some vegetarian options that worked well for my date.:) I had the Chicken Marsala since I was trying to keep the carbs down... my date had a vegetarian Eggplant dish...both very tasty!:) I collect wine so often bring wine in to restaurants. The corkage fee was very reasonable and will be one of the reasons I come back.. not to mention the best bread I have had in a very long time (so much for the carbs...:)) with a very tasty oil and balsamic dip. Everyone was inviting and courteous... and with the quality and costs a very enjoyable evening. I will be back! Kudos!!:)Special Features:
- Thoroughly EnjoyableballantrayDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I recently had dinner at Campania. It was our first visit, and we were very impressed. The menu was creative, and the dishes were prepared so as to fulfill the the promise of the written description. My wife had Ahi tuna; I had baked sole. The accompanying vegetables were excellent, but the bed of mashed potatoes was somewhat bland. We were especially impressed with the wine suggested by the staff (not our server, but someone up the chain). Our server was herself was enthusiastic and appropriately attentive. She knew to get help with the wine list. We ate inside, but the outside porch seemed pleasant.Special Features:
- New to usDinersDined on 6/7/2014My husband & I have eaten @ Campania Cafe twice in the last month for our birthdays & thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Both times we enjoyed different meals & cocktails. Very delicious!! Both times we sat in the wine bar (my preference) & both times our waiter(s) were very sweet but immediately informed us it was only their third day working there. Both seemed to try hard but neither were knowledgeable about simple questions we asked. We plan to return w/ family in the near future and will try the actual dining area next time. The amount & quality of food served was delicious! Could be our "new" dining place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieDined on 5/23/2014This was our first visit to Campania Cafe. The food and service was great! We opted to eat outside. They had a gentleman playing guitar and singing which added to the ambience. We were celebrating our anniversary and really enjoyed our visit. Would recommend and plan on going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experienceRonVDined on 5/17/2014Awesome lasagna, but the arancini was tasteless, except for the wonderful marinara. Service was spotty, although it appeared that several tables were seated at the same time. Water glasses were not refilled until dessert ,and a request for more bread after the appetizer went unheeded. Entrees were ample and the server was very polite and accommodating, but due to a neighboring college's recent graduation, the restaurant was likely noisier and busier than normal.Special Features:
- Nice outside terraceZinFanVIPDined on 5/6/2014Lovely to sit outside enjoying the nice weather. Food is good, but service was uneven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 198 reviews are from the Campania Cafe reviews archive.
- Always a favoritemaple269Dined on 4/25/2014Campania is one of our favorite restaurants to go to. The food is always good,the service is friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere is charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014The food and service was amazing. Great place to go any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So accommodating & great food!lbixsteinVIPDined on 4/18/2014We were a big group with a disabled guest, and Campania was very accommodating. Everyone loved their food, and the service was very attentive. We are not often in Davidson but Campania will be on our short list for dining when we are!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable night having a good mealPelicanDined on 4/11/2014Not the best Italian I have had but I would certainly go back.. My husband has the sole and I had chicken parmigiana. Restaurant Is in a great spot with outdoor dining option. Service was slow and two out of four of us had problems with out order that were quickly resolved. Good upscale casual night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a shame.....RalphDined on 4/10/2014......that such a quaint restaurant,with great food, has such poor management. It was so loud that it was more like a sports bar, than an Italian restaurant. This was not my first time at this restaurant, but it's probably my last.
- Menu change/CrampedBillnKimDined on 4/5/2014I had really been looking forward to a certain dish that I had at a previous dinner. Unfortunately the menu had changed. I had the pork chops & they were delicious. My date enjoyed his meal as well. Our appetizers & drinks were yummy. The pineapple martini was tasty. Our waitress did not check on us much. We needed drink refills so she probably missed out on at least 2 additional mixed drink orders. Our table was in a horrible spot. it was right in the middle of the main dining room & we both were bumped all night long by people coming & going. It was kind of loud.I would recommend this to a friend.