Campagnolo - Toronto
832 Dundas Street West
Toronto, ON M6J 1V3Neighborhood:
Dundas & Bathurst
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Campagnolo - Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://campagnolotoronto.com/
- Phone: (416) 364-4785
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Craig Harding
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access
A word from Campagnolo - Toronto
It’s a dichotomy.” Chef Craig Harding sums up Campagnolo, the restaurant that he and his fiancée, Alexandra Hutchison, own and operate on Dundas Street in Toronto’s west end. Inspired by traditional homemade Italian food, and charged with a fresh and modern energy, Campagnolo blends new and old to create something that is better than either.Continued
If your party is for 5 people or more please call us directly to reserve a table.
If your party is for 5 people or more please call us directly to reserve a table.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Campagnolo - Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (67)neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (46)romantic (39)hot spot (29)notable wine list (29)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (20)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- onthewater4Dined on 11/21/2014Food was spectactular really great, noise level was very loud and tables really close together, service started off great then a large party showed up and it fell off towards the end of the eveing. Overall the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian food!CenaVIPDined on 11/14/2014I have heard lots of good things about Campagnolo. Finally, got a chance to try. Everything was delicious. The bone marrow is a must-have. The burrata cheese was very tasty. We also tried the pasta with white truffles. Not the best white truffles I have tried, but the pasta was good. The cornish hen and polenta was interesting and yummy. There were not too many choices for dessert, but the budino we ordered was excellent. The restaurant was quite tiny but cosy. Will go back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/9/2014Good to try, but nothing memorable. Bread was very good! Fresh white truffle shavings were close to being cooked, ruining the appeal and fragrance. Cornish hen was not moist, although the bed of polenta was excellent. Halibut was done nicely, perhaps over-seasoned. Salted caramel dessert was a diabetic shock attack. Wines were plentiful by the glass, although slightly pricey. Especially the $34 glass of Brunello, that was excellent. $211 for a dinner that was not decadent as the amount would indicate.Special Features:
- Old World Hipster....CenzoDined on 11/8/2014Great service topped off with even better food. Food was imaginative and delicious.Special Features:
- good until dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014The two apps were pretty good. However, I feel you can good crispy pork belly in Chinatown for a third of the price. Mains were good. Just the right size. Dessert was where the experience kinda fell apart. Had the praline and pear tart. The pear was too soap-like in taste. Tart was OK, but not 'wow!'. Would go back if someone else was footing the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now open Mon & Tue nights!thefuncoupleDined on 10/27/2014Always enjoy the delicious and innovative menu, and terrific service. Loving the more quiet Mon & Tue night vibe.Special Features:
- Just okayCarolynDined on 10/24/2014My first time, everything was okay, unfortunately, nothing was great....except for ambience and frankly the big new washrooms. Server was lovely but very, very green when recommending the wine and made two mistakes. Bone marrow needed a coarse sea salt. The gnocchi and pasta amatraciana were bland. Burratta, tuna, agnolotti and carpaccio very good. The bread is laughable. Poor way to start my meal. Teeny, whole wheat buns the size of profiteroles and mini-yorkshire pudding buns, really? No substance, little taste and served with butter, not oil. When the bread arrived at the table, five puzzled faces were sure it was an error. Very limited dessert selection. Defintely many Italian restos in this city that far out-do Campagnolo.
- Enjoyable eveningcricketDined on 10/12/2014We loved the ambiance, the food, we would go back. The music did get a bit too loud for our style, but overall, we did have a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food - amazing pastaCutehinanoDined on 10/11/2014Best pasta and love the burrata with roasted grapes. Really attentive service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good OverallSammersDined on 10/10/2014We have been meaning to try Campagnolo for a long time. We were not disappointed. Everything tasted great. Expect traditional fare (nothing innovative here). Service was excellent - friendly and attentive. Would recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited 1.5 hours for main courses.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/28/2014I've been meaning to eat at Campagnolo's for a while now. My boyfriend and I made reservations late on a Sunday night to celebrate moving in together. The restaurant has a romantic ambiance, and the initial service was fine. We got our wine and appetizers, and an hour and a half later we finally received our main courses. The restaurant wasn't even busy! There was no excuse for the delay. The music was so loud we couldn't even hear each other speak across the table. The food was good, but nothing spectacular. I won't be returning.Special Features:
- Not worthy of the earlier reviewsNycdinnertimeDined on 9/28/2014The reviews suggest that this was once a hard reservation to get but that time has passed. This a good , local, casual restaurant but nothing out of the ordinary. Not worth a special trip .Special Features:
- Fantastic!JJCKDined on 9/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed Campagnolo. The food was divine, the ambiance sexy and fun. We will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Took a friend there for a birthday dinner. The meal was wonderful. We had a great evening and would definitely return.Special Features:
- CampagnoloSJOSHDined on 9/6/2014This was listed as one of the best Italian restaurant in Toronto and so I took my wife here for dinner. Restaurant is small, nice ambiance. The wait staff was attentive but it got busy and the wine that we ordered never came and I had to remind him again. And when the wine was bright out, my glass had a bug, it was quickly replaced. The baguettes were good, the ceviche looked very good but didn't taste very good, the cheese appetizer with grapes was ok. We had told the waiter that we were not ready for dinner right away but our dinner was sent out very quickly. My fish was over done, the pasta with clams was delicious. Desert was a chocolate cake, but ordinary. Overall a good restaurant but pricy and not sure if the very best in Toronto.Special Features:
- Sadly over cooked halibutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014We liked the place but both ordered halibut as a main. It took nearly an hour to arrive, tasted wonderful but was so dry and over cooked the waiter asked how it was seconds after we tucked in and so we hadn't yet discovered it was over done. No one came by again.Special Features:
- Defeinitely going back...DaninthecityDined on 9/3/2014Sat at the chef's bar... great experience. Rather than go for the traditional app and main course, my wife and I shared 4 apps to taste a variety of different items as they all sounded great. As she romantically gazed into my eyes, I stared lovingly at the main dishes leaving the kitchen... they all looked amazing. I'd definitely like to go back and get me some schnitzel... couldn't of had a better time. Great staff, food and atmosphere. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and ambiancecoco57VIPDined on 8/31/2014I just ate at Campagnolo for the first time tonight and loved it. The menu is diverse and interesting. My husband and I both chose pastas which were delicious and our wines by the glass were also excellent. The restaurant is chic, with very comfortable chairs and banquettes. It is lit by candles and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. Our waitress was lovely as was the host/sommelier. The whole experience was above our expectations.Special Features:
- crtrVIPDined on 8/31/2014Great dinner, sat at the chef's table, food was extremely fresh and service was impecable!Special Features:
- Perfect NightLolaDined on 8/24/2014It was a perfect summer night early Sunday dinner. The service from the moment we walked in was outstanding to the delicious and filling food to the very last drop of our perfectly bodied red wine. We had a lovely night celebrating a friends birthday who mentioned about 10 times during and after dinner how it was the best birthday she has ever had. So we thank you for making our night out so special and perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableFoodjunkie13Dined on 8/16/2014I chose this restaurant based on the outstanding reviews it has received in the past. Although I found it to be a very enjoyable experience, because of the reviews, I was expecting something out of this world so I was a little disappointed. The food was very good but I've had amazing food and perhaps better at some other restaurants that are not rated as high. The ambiance was great as well as the service for the most part. I did feel that our waitress made me feel a bit rushed in placing our order as she came by a few times asking if we were ready yet. My only disappointment regarding the food was that they did not offer complimentary bread. The bread was on the menu as an appetizer and the portion size was very small.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceIvanaDined on 8/7/2014The menu at Camagnolo is small but fanTastic. We had 2 apps, 2 mains and they were all fresh and flavourful, w unexpected foods marched up like grapes with Burrata instead. The pastas were outatanding and the caramel buddino for dessert put us over the edge! The wait staff was informed and attentive. Took us a few years to make it here since it opened, but wouldn't hesitate to come here again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful birthday celebrationbeachesbenchDined on 8/6/2014We picked Campagnolo because their cocktails use our favourite distillery Dillon's. The cocktails were fantastic. 'A night in Jalisco' was our favourite but enjoyed them all. Food-We definitely overate for fear that we wouldn't get to try some of these dishes again because I understand the menu keeps changing, in a good way :) The Salted Caramel Budino was phenomenal. The wild mushroom papparadelle- spectacular. The meats were flavourful yet not overdone. When your waiter asks you to put in your main orders early because everything's made from scratch, you just get sooo excited to have pasta! We will be telling everyone to come here, and we hope to see everyone at Campagnolo soon.Special Features:
- The following 11 reviews are from the Campagnolo - Toronto reviews archive.
- 3 Way SatisfactionHiredgunDined on 7/25/2014We had a wonderful experience at Campagnolo. Specialty cocktails were inventive and tasty (could have been a bigger serving for the price though). Food was excellent We ordered several appetizers and mains and shared amongst the 3 of us and all were full at the end of the meal As far as charging for bread ..........I can understand when baked on premises but still not a big fan of it (and if you're going to charge for it --- 3 balls and a stick is a bit of an insult) Music was great and at a good volume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the foodecrivain70Dined on 7/18/2014We had wanted to go for a while - absolutely great. the homemade pasta was a highlight.Special Features:
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Wonderful service and food. Great night. Will definitely go back and recommend it to friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food - Talented ChefsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014Food was great. Prepared and plated to perfection. Sat at the chef's table. Great fun to watch the kitchen prepare beautiful dishes. Wait staff were highly professional and attentive. Would definitely return for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food at CampagnoloprimaVIPDined on 7/10/2014Enjoyed everything we ordered, including a pea agnolotti, lobster salad, spaghetti alla amatriciana, salted caramel budino, strawberry profiteroles. Will return. It's my favourite spot for contemporary Italian food in Toronto.Special Features:
- Exceptional food and servicefoodfanVIPDined on 7/5/2014Appetizers were delicious. House made pastas were exceptional. Very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should change their name to SaltGabaclesDined on 6/27/2014Nice enough place, nice enough staff, my beer took forever to get to the table, my meal was there in a flash, Lamb and asparagus don't recall the exact name but like a Kibobo, wow sooooo salty! A drink and dinner for two with tip just under $100. I can do better,Special Features:
- Great meal, great restaurantatswanDined on 6/25/2014We came to Campagnolo mid-week and it was nice to see such a small space being used so vibrantly. The open style kitchen, patio tables, and general atmosphere all contributed to a great meal. First up, their cocktail menu was fantastic. Delicious drinks with aromatic bitters served as a perfect opening to the meal. The wine selection was also superb. We also tried the olives, baguette with gougères, and burrata cheese, all of which were great. As vegetarians, we understood that there would likely be fewer options available to us, but we were a little disappointing that the only main course available was the eggplant Parmesan. It was delicious, I just wished I would have been able to enjoy some pasta. All in all, a lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014this is one of my favourite restaurants in Toronto!Special Features:
- DisappointingTravels2DineDined on 4/13/2014My second time here was disappointing. I brought two friends who left vowing not to return. The appetizers were good e.g., burratta and charcuterie board. The choices for main were limited. The lamb ragu was not tasty. The osso bucco was cold. Our waiter was efficient but not friendly, bordering on arrogant. The wine list is pretentious and over priced. Not good value for the money spent.
- one of my best dining experiences!TOfoodieVIPDined on 3/19/2014This restaruant has it all, great decor, amazing staff, great Chef's and food is just over the top! congratulations for making our group dining one to remember. Thanks for taking the time to come to our table and expalin all the great food you prepared for us with Chef's menu choice. I cant wait to go back. really!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.