1553 Westwood Blvd
Westwood, CA 90024Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.campagnolatrattoria.com/
- Phone: 3104787376x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily, 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room for up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Carlo Podda 3104787376x
A word from Campagnola Trattoria
A very special evening awaits you at this award-winning Northern Italian cuisine in Westwood. One of those neighborhood Trattoria that capture the true Italian spirit. Campagnola has a Relaxing atmosphere. Full of delicious home made pastas, thin crust pizza, succulent seafood dishes, antipasti, risotto and dessert.Our remodel bar offer a list of cocktail and martini made with fresh fruit and a Happy Hour Monday-Friday 5pm to 9.30 pm. Whether you dine inside or al fresco on the lovely patio, you'll be reminded of Italy with the ease and casual spirit that owner Carlo Podda inspires.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Campagnola Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
- Family CelebrationLuv2dineVIPDined on 1/12/2014To celebrate our mother's birthday we took our family of 15 to Campagnola. As always the service and food were very good. Probably some of the better pasta served in the City. A nice long table in the front room where the bar is located was pleasant and having a private room allowed us to make a little more noise than would have been possible had we been in a main dining area.. The kids (ages 4 thru 13) enjoyed their dinners and particularly the ice cream sundaes and tortufo! Carlo, the owner, is always a genial host.Special Features:
- Tasty dishesOut4theEveningVIPDined on 12/22/2013Enjoyed a variety of delicious dishes with my Mom and siblings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their PastaLuv2dineVIPDined on 12/15/2013Carlo, the genial owner, goes out of his way to assure you enjoy your meal. Particularly enjoy the spaghetti marinara, bolognaise, seafood pasta (excellent), penne and sausage. Soups are usually great as is the Tri Colore Salad. Pricing in line with other Westwood restaurants.....full bar adds to the ambiance and enjoyment if you would like a cocktail. My grandchildren love the Tortufo and various pasta dishes as well as the Pizza.Special Features:
- A FavoriteLuv2dineVIPDined on 12/8/2013Stick to great pasta, delicious bread (I have them crispen pizza dough bread), flat bread, tapinade, tri-colore salad, soups and I think you will be pleased. The owner cares and it shows......Carlo has worked very hard to build this restaurant. A full bar further enhances the experience for those who like a cocktail.Special Features:
- I admit that I seem to haveJigjamVIPDined on 12/6/2013I admit that I seem to have become a regular. This place has great food, is friendly, and reliable. The Lake Superior whitefish is wonderful, as is everything else I've ever tried on the menu (my go to dish is the seafood pasta). Can't recommend it enough, it's such a great place. Will be back!Special Features:
- A FavoriteLuv2dineVIPDined on 12/1/2013For a casual dining experience, if you are in the mood for great pasta, try Campagnola. We frequent the restaurant about once per week for many years and we are never dissapointed if we stick to our favorites including seafood pasta, bolognaise, marinara, lamb ragu, and penne with sausage. Service is good.Special Features:
- Delicious PastaLuv2dineVIPDined on 11/24/2013If you enjoy pasta, good bread along with tapinade, a delicious tri-colore salad plus caring service, you should enjoy Campagnola........The owner is there nightly to assure that guests are satisfied......he really cares. Prices are mid-range. My grandchildren love it (tortufo does the trick with them)!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We find Campagnola a convenientLarryVIPDined on 11/17/2013We find Campagnola a convenient place to eat before a concert at UCLA Royce Hall. The food is good, the staff friendly and the cost is moderate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodDsk18Dined on 11/17/2013The owner recommended the balsamic chicken and it was Amazing. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite Restaurant Has ClosedLuv2dineVIPDined on 11/13/2013Campagnola was a Sunday night ritual for us as well as family gatherings. Unfortunately they closed recently. We will miss our visits for what we thought was excellent pasta, good service and a genial host.Special Features:
- Our Most Frequented RestaurantLuv2dineVIPDined on 11/10/2013We eat here weekly because we love the pasta and tri-colore salad plus the delicious bread which we have crispened and with the tapinade really starts you off well. Good service, a full bar and a caring owner make it a a perfect fit for our needs.Special Features:
- a bar has been added...befreeVIPDined on 11/3/2013A very attractive bar has been added. The ambiance was very nice; furniture all tastefully matching the newly installed full bar. The noise level should be moderated with some absorbant surfaces; tile floors, wooden furniture and beamed ceilings do NOT absorb sound. Table cloths are not enough, in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Campagnola Trattoria!RobbieVIPDined on 11/2/2013The service, the food, the ambience -- all are terrific. We love our dinners at Campagnola!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian in WestwoodWdevilDined on 11/2/2013Great Italian food, wonderful attentive service in a quieter atmosphere. Campagna is also part of the KCRW Benefits network.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Italian in WestwoodDonBVIPDined on 10/31/2013This is a very good, reasonably-priced Italian restaurant in Westwood. Great place to go when visiting students at UCLA or someone in the hospital at UCLA Medical Center/Reagan Medical Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious PastaLuv2dineVIPDined on 10/27/2013Bolognaise, Seafood, Lamb Ragu and so many more choices. I think you will enjoy the pasta that is cooked to perfection. Service is good, ambiance pleasant, full bar......give it a try.Special Features:
- Great PastaLuv2dineVIPDined on 10/20/2013One of the better Italians for excellent pasta......owner cares about his customers and it shows.Special Features:
- Great PastaLuv2dineVIPDined on 9/28/2013Try any number of their pasta dishes for a winner. Good service, genial host, full bar, and a pleasant staff add to the experience.Special Features:
- Italy in West L.A.Luv2dineVIPDined on 9/22/2013If you like well flavored sauces and great pasta I think you will be happy at Campagnola. Stick to those items accompanied by the tri-colore salad....enjoy the bread and tapinade and caring service. Carlo, the owner, is from Sardenia. He has invested his time and talent in creating a casual, well priced option for those residing in West Los Angeles. Full bar enances the restaurant for those who like a cocktail.Special Features:
- Excellent PastaLuv2dineVIPDined on 9/20/2013For a casual dinner with caring service, try Campagnola. If you stick to their pasta dishes, a nice tri-colore salad, delicious bread and tortufo for dessert you will leave a happy camper.Special Features:
- We love Campagnola!RobbieVIPDined on 9/14/2013A great place to get terrific food -- and wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!Annie53Dined on 9/7/2013Terrific food, but small portions for the price you pay. We ordered the gnocchi and artichoke tortellini and it was fabulous! Nice little hidden-away gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteLuv2dineVIPDined on 9/2/2013If you judge a restaurant by how often you go back this is our winner. We stick to their excellent soups, salad (tri-colore) and pasta and we are seldom dissapointed. Sauces are excellent as is the pasta itself.....cooked to perfection. Atmosphere.......nothing fancy, but pleasant.........so convenient when going to the Landmark or live in the Wilshire Corridor area.Special Features:
- Good Italian ResturantBeveDined on 9/2/2013Every dish we ordered was very good. We ordered a salad, pizza, and a pasta dish and they were all good. The pizza had a wonderful crust. We went on Labor day so the traffic getting to Westwood was not bad. Normally during the week we could not go to Westwood due to the heavy traffic. We will certainly go back on a week-end or Holiday.Special Features:
- So-so food, horrible serviceAMDCPAVIPDined on 8/31/2013The dinner started okay, but once the entrée was delivered to the table by a server who was not the waiter, no one checked to see if we need anything, if our meal was alright, not a glance our way. Then the dessert menus were delivered to our table without a word. When I ordered the spumoni, the waiter told me they were out. Wouldn't it be nice if the waiter had given us a heads up? I have eaten here a few times before. But, I don't think I will dine here again. There are too many good Italian restaurants in Los Angeles.
- Too bad...GinoDined on 8/26/2013Owing to its success, an attractive, modest, reasonably-priced neighborhood dining place went into a remodelling mode and, while even more attractive, is now pricey, and for middle-class folks such as ourselves, unaffordable.
- Landmark Theater plus A Great DinneLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/25/2013When you are going to the Landmark to enjoy a movie, why not try Campagnola for wonderful pasta plus a good salad and delicious lavoche and pizza dough bread. My wife loves the Capellini Marinara and I go for the Bolognaise, Lamb Ragu, Pescatore, Penne with Sausage or ? Don't think you will enjoy a better pasta anywhere in the City. Caring service, genial owner, full bar are all pluses to add to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We celebrated our daughter'sBeachloverDined on 8/25/2013We celebrated our daughter's graduation and the staff went out of their way to make us all feel special. We reserved the outside patio, so that was nice to have our own private area. Food was very good. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- A Favorite of OursLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/19/2013When you frequent a restaurant on a continuing basis you choose your favorite dishes and stick to them. We have never gone wrong with a pasta nor the tri-colore salad. We ask the waiter to crispen the Pizza dough bread and the lavoche is great along with the olive tapinade. Even our grandchildren love the food (pizza or pasta) and tortufo for dessert. Service....we love Claudio (actually a waiter from Italy!!!!) and host Carlo cares about his clientele. Don't think you will go wrong if you stick to the items we enjoy......in fact we think they serve some of the best pasta in the City. A full bar too for those who like a cocktail and a HappyHour at a newly installed and handsome bar.Special Features:
- Great TrattoriaVeggieluvVIPDined on 8/13/2013The food was good, the menu extensive and the service outstanding, so why is this place so empty? It's a mystery, but our experience was very favorable. I will return when I want a place that's good for talking with a friend that you want to hear across the table, but those who like a place to ``buzz" may find this restaurant way too quiet and lacking a fun vibe.Special Features:
- Our most frequented restaurant!Luv2dineVIPDined on 8/11/2013We like the pasta here more than any other Italian restaurant we have tried. My wife enjoyes the Capellini Marinara and I rotate between many of the other choices including Rigatoni with Lamb Ragu, Bolognaise, Seafood, and Linguini with Sausage. The service is good and caring.....the owner works very hard to ensure the comfort of his clientele.....the ambiance pleasant....a bit on the noisy side when fully occupied. Try the Tri Colore Salad, ask them to crispen the pizza dough bread and sit back and enjoy a good dinner that is not overly expensive by today's standards.Special Features:
- Great time with Carlo at CampagnolawestlamanDined on 8/9/2013Lasagna, wine, great service and Carlo the owner make this place a great spot for authentic Italian. Makes you want to go to Italy immediately. Very welcoming atmosphere; all staff are friendly; the owner greets you at the door, then they'll tell you what to order if you're in doubt. Always order one of the specials to go with one of the pasta dishes and you'll have no room for dessert, even though the chocolate flour-free cake sounded pretty good.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and lots of funRobbieVIPDined on 8/3/2013We had a terrific dinner at Campagnola Trattoria. Seven of us were celebrating together and we all enjoyed the food, the service and the overall energy. We all had great meals! We'll definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Italian TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2013OpenTable reservation wasn't found. An uncomfortable wait to see if we'd be seated. The food was fantastic, delicious at each dish. The busboy's hostile attitude balanced the owners hospitality, giving service more notice than the food. We were offered the wrong dish twice, bread and water came late, but it recovered. Thankfully the owner was a top notch host that felt nice and hospitable. His nice way was part of the highlight of the night, as was his Italian conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for PastaLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/28/2013You won't go wrong with their wide range of pasta dishes including Seafood, Bolognaise, Lamb Ragu, Sausage ++++good bread with olive tapinade. The pasta sauces and al dente prepartion make for a winner.. Full bar, good service, Genial owner, Carlo.Special Features:
- a nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2013Quiet with a very entertaining, professional waiter. This is not one of those slick yuppie type restaurants. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Campaigning for CampagnolaGerry77VIPDined on 6/29/2013Great meal. Fresh food,simply prepared with distinctive tastes. Friendly service. Comfortable surroundings,quiet enough to easily carry on a conversation. My second time there and definitely will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianUCLASteveVIPDined on 6/29/2013With an owner from Sardinia, Italy who is there most nights how could it be anything but authentic. Excellent selection of pastas and main courses, strong wine list, and an expanded bar just opening. This is a mid-range restaurant that is not a destination spot, but a great place for a relaxed meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOY IT AGAIN AND AGAINthebeachkidVIPDined on 6/29/2013We dine every time after attending the Geffen Playhouse matinee and enjoy it immensely. Carlo works very hard to make us feel like welcome and appreciated. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Good food, great service.DisappointedVIPDined on 6/25/2013Good food, great service. would entertain going backSpecial Features: