1185 East Champlain
Fresno, CA 93720Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.campagnia.net/
- Phone: 5594333300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Floro Bugnosen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from Campagnia
Discover Campagnia Restaurant located in northeast Fresno in the Washington Square Shopping Center. Campagnia was voted best newcomer by the California Restaurant Association. The restaurant features eclectic California cuisine, full service bar, excellent wine list, and beautiful year-round garden patios. Try them for lunch or dinner and experience a restaurant like no other in Fresno.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Campagnia - Best Restaurants in Fresno ›
Campagnia reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (26)special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (16)romantic (15)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (8)hot spot (7)notable wine list (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I liked the restaurant. I am not a regular since I live out of town but I plan on going again next visit to FresnoSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceValley559Dined on 9/5/2014The waitresses were very attentive. The food was excellent and portions were generous. I just wish the restaurant was a tad quieter to fit the romantic ambiance. Otherwise, I was very satisfied and would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disapoints!mrsashleyteachesDined on 9/2/2014Not my first trip here! We have been here several times before and the food is always AMAZING! Service was really good also :) We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchDannyJoeDined on 8/31/2014We arrived 5 minutes early and were asked if we wanted inside or patio seating. Since it was still the warm weather in Fresno, we chose inside. They have Jazz music during the brunch, but being inside we couldn't hear the music. Since this was our first visit to Campagnia we didn't know procedures. We sat for a while before someone brought water and said our sever would be shortly. The service seemed really slow, the Bloody Mary finally got there. After finishing our meal, it took about ten minutes for our sever to come by and ask if we needed anything. Then another five minutes for our check to arrive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Wow! We had a wonderful brunch. We will be back.Special Features:
- DisappointingSteveDined on 8/30/2014While the halibut was very good, the ribeye steak was dreadful. It was tough and difficult to cut even though cooked medium rare. Not sure it was even a ribeye.Special Features:
- INCREDIBLE!!!RobertDined on 8/29/2014I was visiting Fresno (& Sequoia NP) with my Mom for vacation. It was our last night in town. I looked around and found this place. The food was INCREDIBLE. My Mom ordered the Broiled Short Rib entree and I ordered the Mint-glazed Rack of Lamb along with the house wine. WOW! WOW! WOW! We had to ask for more bread in order wipe the plates clean otherwise we would have to consider less dining etiquette ;). Our service was super timely, professional, and considerate. This dining experience will never be forgotten. We cannot wait until next time to visit. I tip my hat to the Chef and the entire staff!Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!SallsuDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed a wonderful dinner in the outdoor patio area. Waiter was efficient and fun. My halibut was perfect as well as the seared tuna my husband had. Great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic MenucriticalcriticVIPDined on 8/15/2014From the name, you would expect an Italian restaurant, however, the menu was diverse, offering a wide range of appetizers and entrees....and a few pastas. The portions were ample and the food quality was excellent. Would recommend this restaurant. The noise level is a bit high, but overall very pleasant, especially in the courtyard which is particularly cool and breezy, even in August.Special Features:
- Great service and delicious foodk5blazerDined on 7/29/2014My wife and I went to dinner and brought our own bottle of wine on no cork fee Tuesday. It was a 1998 bottle so our waitress put it in the decanter to let it breathe and strained out the setement. The food was delicious and our waitress was very attentive. We have been very happy every time we've gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining, or sports bar?FoothillDined on 7/29/2014We visited Campagnia for the first time in years and found it much different than we remembered. The food and prices are still on par with fine dining, but there are now big screen TVs with sportscenter playing and it was LOUD. Our server was great, but most of the servers around us were very casual for a place where we spent $100 on dinner for two. It seems to have lost the idea of what kind of restaurant it is and consequently is a very loud, semi-casual, fine dining sports bar with an incredible patio seating area (which did not interest us since it was July in Fresno and a typical 100 degrees).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love outdoor dining at CampagiaJimKDined on 7/25/2014The atrium dining area is cooled with misters, so it is great for outdoor dining even on hot days (they have heaters for the winter, too!) Great food, great sevice, as always.Special Features:
- Don't waste your time or money !NicoleDined on 7/7/2014The food was over cooked, service was slow & horrible, the place was empty & after eating there, I inderstand why ! Bad food & bad service ! Surprised they are still in business !
- Loud and good food.NickDined on 6/28/2014Great food and service. But so loud I could barley her my dinner date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Campagnia consistently deliversJimKDined on 6/20/2014We love the outoor atrium area. It was about 95 degrees outside, but with the fans and the misters our outdoor meal was very pleasant. The food is always very good and the service was particularly friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodtiffyygDined on 6/18/2014It was my first time here and I would come again. The food and drinks were excellent along with the service. We sat outside and it was one of the best outside seating restaurants I have been to. It was very beautiful, quiet, and enclosed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day BrunchPracticaltraveler4Dined on 6/15/2014Food was excellent, but it seems the servers were overwhelmed and unable to keep up, despite it being a buffet. Our first try with a special occasion, we'll go back to visiting on slower traffic nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeGreatplaceDined on 6/8/2014I was very impressed by the over all experience. The food and the service is outstanding. I throughly enjoyed the entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively, hip, and for Foodies too!Love2dineDined on 6/6/2014I love Campagnia's! Our favorite go to restaurant for upscale dining in a lively, hip, atmosphere. We decided to have our company dinner here after prior years at upscale steak houses and everyone in our party of 12 agreed it was their favorite. The plates are beautifully prepared and always very flavorful and creative. It can get very noisy inside because the bar crowd is lively, so if that is an issue for you then choose the enclosed outdoor dining when making your reservation. They also have a quiet back room for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 299 reviews are from the Campagnia reviews archive.
- OutstandingZoggDined on 6/1/2014We had an outstanding dinner on Sunday evening. We have always enjoyed every meal that we have had at Campagnia's. This is our favorite restaurant. Outstanding in every way!!!Special Features:
- Great food, decent experiencearmyxraysDined on 5/17/2014Anniversary dinner. Greeted by a less than friendly hostess upon entering. After we told her we had a reservation, she dumped off on a much friendlier hostess who sat us. We were seated basically on top of another couple. After some awkward staring, we basically zoned them out. I ordered the Ribeye and the wife ordered the short ribs. Both were delicious! The chef here is very good, the food will not disappoint. The waitress we had was attentive and very nice. Overall, not a bad experience. We would come back again, based on the food alone.Special Features:
- Another amazing meal at CampagniaBBDPEGDined on 5/10/2014Great menu with new twists to classic dishes. Try the Miso glazed roasted Halibut. Your taste buds will thank you!Special Features:
- Local hot spotDianeVIPDined on 5/10/2014I haven't been to Campagnias since they have reopened and the food is exactly the same great food I remember. Love that it's so close. Had the crab/shrimp cakes with a mango salsa, cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchDanoDined on 5/4/2014Comfortable seating, music in the patio, fresh foods and omelette to order. We did the SUnday Brunch all you can eat and there was plenty to choose from. Prime rib was delish, ham was moist, and dessert was tasty. The only negative was the attention we received from the waiter. Although he was very nice it seemed I had to summon him a few times for drinks and questions. That said, it was still a nice brunch. We would recommend to friends and go back for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Fresno's BestMikeVIPDined on 4/15/2014Campagnia has been in Fresno for some time. This was the first time we have gone since it's rebirth. It is a stand out in Fresno where 99% of the restaurants are either national or local chains. The food is good with a nice selection of California cuisine. We shared the sea scallops and Pappardelle. It was very good, especially the Pappardelle. I would recommend Campagnia.
- Love this placechefstudentDined on 4/9/2014Brought my wife here for her birthday, with me wee lasses. The service and food were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDeeDinerDined on 4/5/2014I have had several items on the menu. Never disappointed. Nice wine list. The halibut was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business lunchCzechDined on 3/31/2014Excellent service and outstanding food. Server left us alone so that we could talk business. Plus the service was quick, which was appreciated since we all had to get back to our respective jobs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightECT1Dined on 3/28/2014We had made a reservation and arrived on time. Unfortunately, our table was not ready and they invited us to go into the bar area to wait. While waiting they bartender apologized for the inconvenience (we are regular customers) and offered any appetizer as a token of their appreciation of us as regular customers. In a few minutes our appetizer arrived which we were able to enjoy and shortly afterwards, our table was ready. Dinner was perfect with a great presentation of the entree. The service was good and she allowed us to really enjoy the night without being bothersome with our friends. Even though we had a problem initially, they came back and WOW'd with great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice for CompanyRobertDined on 3/28/2014Good range of menu entrees and excellent service. Ours were all very good, Sesame Seared Ahi Tuna & Tempura Shrimp with soba noodle salad, Seared Sea Scallops Pappardelle, Smoked Chicken Fettuccine ; and the Chopped Salad. Cooked right and tasty. Bring your out-of-town guests or get together with friends for good food and comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level was OFF THE CHARTSJohnnyDined on 3/15/2014If your looking for a place to dine and carry on a conversation, with your dinner guest, this is not the place. If you don't mind sitting or standing at the bar or dinning area, to yell at your partner, you might like it. The food and service was very good, but the noise level is enough for my wife and I not to return.Special Features:
- Deafening dinner dateEWIZKIDined on 3/15/2014Expecting a romantic evening dinner date ... WRONG ! ! ! Seated at the furthest table from the bar you would expect a quiet spot at this 4 or 5 star restaurant ... WRONG ! ! ! LOUD bar crowd and F-bombs all evening long. Couldn't hear my date speak. The food at best was less than fair for the price. Will never again dine at this NOISY, expensive restaurant. Please update their rating to 1 star.Special Features:
- Great Choicepablin2005Dined on 3/5/2014I took my wife for her bday and we had a great time. great service, food and ambiance.Special Features:
- Great foodOb10485Dined on 3/1/2014We've been to this restaurant before and have never been disappointed. Highly recommended. The service was better than expected along with the other waiter staff. I have no complaints. Thank you for providing a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had my 50th birthday celebrationCarPetDined on 2/23/2014Had my 50th birthday celebration with a group of friends and it was quite enjoyable.Special Features:
- Good foodFoodieDined on 2/22/2014Food was great but it tends to get super busy in the evening which leads to your server having more tables to wait on and then you're just looking around waiting for your server forever. I recommend an early dinner at this place. It's a very nice place to dine at for a special occasion with that special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience at CampagniasenekercDined on 2/21/2014We were at first a little hesitant to sit in the outdoor patio area in the winter, but were pleasantly surprised by how warm it actually was. Service and food were great. We'd experienced the brunch on a separate occasion and were also very happy with the experience, we will definitely recommend this to friends and will return ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentBobbyDined on 2/16/2014Great food and service. Although if in dining room - bar can get loud. Not good to hear bunch of kids foul mouths during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always greatDuke7734Dined on 2/16/2014We had our 40th Anniversary, and used the internet coupon for champagne and dessert. We had a problem with our gift VISA card. They could not used it so we put it on our credit card. Other than that all was fine. My pork chop presentation was great and tasted great too. My wife had the salmon and she loved it too. We had creme brule for dessert also good. The pot stickers were a version of the Chinese type, more like folded over dough circles, but tasted fine. (I was hoping to have Asian Chicken Wrap on the menu). We have eaten there over the years but it had been awhile. I think the restaurant should only have instrumental music, since its noisy enough. Vocals are distracting and you cannot hear the lyrics anyway so why use it.?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for first dateFirstNamePhilDined on 2/15/2014This was my first time actually having dinner. My date and I both enjoyed the food. I would happily return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.