Campagna - Bedford Post Inn
954 Old Post Road
Bedford, NY 10506Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Campagna - Bedford Post Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bedfordpostinn.com/
- Phone: 9142347800x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Saturday - 5pm - 10pm
Dinner: Sunday - 5pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeremy McMillan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Whether you're looking for an extraordinary setting for your upcoming wedding, or want to celebrate a fabulous birthday, the Bedford Post offers a beautiful and memorable experience. Our grounds offer a variety of settings, whether it's the cathedral ceilings in the yoga loft or the cozy fireplace in the wine cellar, or the Inn's reflecting pool, Bedford Post can fulfill all of your celebratory needs.
A word from Campagna - Bedford Post Inn
Set in the heart of Westchester Country, Campagna at Bedford Post provides the perfect backdrop for a first class dining experience. A Contemporary American menu highlighting local seasonal ingredients, matched by an exceptional wine list. Reservations are taken up to one month in advance.Continued
The entire Bedford Post property is home to two distinct restaurants - the "Barn" and the more formal "Campagna" - as well as an eight-room luxury Relais & Chateaux Inn.
The entire Bedford Post property is home to two distinct restaurants - the "Barn" and the more formal "Campagna" - as well as an eight-room luxury Relais & Chateaux Inn.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Campagna - Bedford Post Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice local placeCliffieldDined on 4/20/2014Nice setting both inside and out. Farmhouse staff for dinner is very good with just the right level of attentiveness. Food is nicely presented and fresh if not a slight bit meager and the meats sometimes good but not great as the rest of the meal which typically is excellent. Overall a very pleasant experience and recommended. We visit pretty frequently.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem indeedholidayfairyDined on 4/20/2014A favorite neighborhood restaurant for special occasions. Special attention paid to the children. There was a spontaneous egg hunt for the children upon arrival, which they loved. Food is always great. Ambiance delightful. Service was a tad slow, but we didn't mind, as we were not in a rush since it was Easter Sunday. The children do however get a tad antsy after two hours.Special Features:
- DisappointmentLovetoeatDined on 4/20/2014Very disappointed with the food. Presentation of the food looks beautiful but tasteless and bland. Will give it a try again after Chef Michael White on board.Special Features:
- Impeccable But UnpretentiousAbygirlDined on 4/12/2014My Saturday night (and first time) at Bedford Post Inn was memorable. I didn't expect such a great experience, since I have been at the Barn brunch several times and have had a good, but not perfect, experiences. The regular garden salad was perfectly warm and citrusy, my Cornish hen dish was gorgeously delicious, and my Wild Birch gelato was uniquely tasty, especially with the added hot espresso pouring on top. Our waiter was gracious, and the rest of the wait staff was professional but "real". Upon leaving, I was escorted out to my car by the hostess, who was so kind and accommodating. I live in Pound Ridge, and I am sure to return again to the Farmhouse. I feel lucky to have such a great experience in my own backyard!Special Features:
- Gorgeous and good foodLaurandPatDined on 4/5/2014Although this restaurant is pricey (definitely would stay away from their wine list) the ambiance and food is fantastic. So are their cocktails. Try the manhattan if you like rye. Delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKPaulInNYDined on 4/5/2014Pretty country place..surprised how nice it looked, good vibe, nice bar. Well off patrons, lots of Ferraris, Bentleys, etc. in the lot..which must explain the crazy prices. $25 for a glass of the house California Chardonnay, really $25. The menu is tiny with few selections..maybe 5 entrees, 3 apps, 1 soup, & a few salads.The entrees are totally solo with little to nothing else on the plate..no vegetables - but for $8 each you can have a Brussels sprout or two or some other veggie, served in a mini bowl. Portions for everything are tiny. The food was just good, but nothing special, especially considering the pricing, one would expect a higher end culinary experience. $170 for 2 drinks, 1 app, 2 entrees, 1 dessert. I will not be rushing back.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningStevieDined on 4/4/2014Wonderful evening. Began with the valet who gave us his umbrella on a rainy night. Welcoming front desk. Seated near fireplace which added to overall atmosphere. Attentive service and delicious food. Menu is a bit limited but offered enough to choose from. Crispy potatoes, Brussels sprouts, beets, scallops and skirt steal delicious. Overall great night. Look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aside from the sides, very niceTiktokDined on 3/23/2014A limited seasonal menu, but well prepared and nicely plated. The menu is oddly organized, with sides listed first, then appetizers, and then mains. My one quibble is with the sides. I don't mind paying extra for a special kind of side dish, but to charge $8 for any veggie at all seems a bit chintzy when you're paying $15 for an appetizer and over $30 for an entree. Throw in a brussel sprout or two and maybe a new potato; really -- how hard is that? Save the upcharge for a fancy salad or something unusual that I wouldn't make in my own kitchen on a weeknight! Other commentors mentioned small portions; we didn't find that to be the case. In fact, we didn't have room for desserts, which did look amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/22/2014The food and atmosphere make this restaurant worth the trip. However, those are overshadowed by the attentive and courteous service. They have found the perfect balance between meeting the diner's needs and being intrusive. I will definitely eat here again, although I have heard the the restaurant is about to be sold. I hope it doesn't change for the worse.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I ate at TheAudgDined on 3/8/2014My husband and I ate at The Farmhouse Saturday evening. Our experience was nothing short of fabulous! Delish food, extensive wine list, great atmosphere. The service is impecable. We sat next to the fireplace. It was very romantic. I highly recommend The Farmhouse as well as the Bedford Post Inn where the restaurant is located.Special Features:
- The back roomPeirceDined on 3/1/2014This is my first experience in what is (I think) an expansion to the "Farmhouse":. The ambience was spare, the lighting harsh and the noise level as bad as everywhere else in this otherwise fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightKGallDined on 2/15/2014Excellence service, incredible food, amazing wine. One of the most beautiful restaurants I have ever been to. I can not wait to come back here again and again!Special Features:
- Losing sight of what made it great.KitkatnyDined on 2/15/2014Bread blah, but not as bad as it has been in the past. The menu has changed for the worse. Following the hyper local fad of the past few years, half the menu is now devoted to an unappetizing selection of raw, bland, locally sourced things. Mushroom raviolis so so, carne crudo quite rustic -- nothing like an Italian carpaccio -- rather tasty hamburger, with a disappointingly bland horseradish sauce. The mains were exquisite. Scallops perfectly seared with a fresh citrusy sauce. Strip steak melt in your mouth delicious. For dessert the chocolate cake was amazing and the doughnuts were nice. Full disclosure: We have been to Blue Hill; we didn't like it. We think the Farmhouse will be a lot better when they stop trying to imitate it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Being seated is all the battleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014The only issue I had was that I had a 9:30 reservation and we were not seated until 10:15! We were actually 5 minutes away from walking out as the wait was really frustrating. Once we were seated the food and service were great. I would definitely go again if I knew I didn't have to wait 45 min to be seated even with a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2014Service was mediocre, portions were tiny, no bread offered, all for $300 for dinner for two. Food was good, but not good enough to overcome the other negatives. Would likely not recommend.
- To be fair the food at BedfordJonny99Dined on 2/14/2014To be fair the food at Bedford Post is impeccably prepared. At $200 a person you would hope so. The problem comes with the near parody of the snooty fine dining establishment portion sizes and some of the simplistic food offerings. Antipasto featured 2 roasted carrots with some salt. A lobster dish came with just enough of the shellfish to please your cat. All amazing dishes just very little to them. Signature cocktails showed creativity but now that all restaurants push signature cocktails a little hard to justify $18-$20 per. Decent ambiance abounds through the series of dining rooms found in the rambling establishment. In short, a restaurant for 1%ers and those who genuinely believe you can never be too rich or too thin.Special Features:
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2014My husband and I completely enjoyed celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary at The Farmhouse. Sublime restaurant set in a picturesque winter wonderland. Thank you to the professional staff and especially to the incredible Chef, what a meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diner in a great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/8/2014We had an excellent diner at Bedford Post - The Farmhouse last Saturday. First we had the best table of the room (in front of the fire place). Then we had a small issue with the shared smoked fish platter that contained oyster, but the waitress came back with other addition, so we were happy. Finally the hand made pasta was fantastic!! And the dessert..... EXCEPTIONNAL! I will definitively come back! The service is excellent.Special Features:
- Again - I loved it!MartianDined on 2/1/2014Returned for a birthday dinner and once again...food bliss. Interesting food. Wonderful service - friendly, unpretentious and excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/31/2014Our evening was amazing- innovative cuisine, attentive staff, beautiful ambience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionslimshady767Dined on 1/25/2014The menu was inventive and the food was delicious. On top of that, we asked for some help from the sommelier and he was great (and down to earth!) at helping us sort through the extensive wine list (many were quite expensive) to pick a perfect complement to our meal. I would describe the decor and the crowd as "smart casual" and not at all pretentious. My only complaint was that our waiter seemed to be a little vague on some of the menu items. For a place this expensive, I expect better service and a thorough understanding of the menu, its signature dishes , etc. I plan to go back again with friends because the food is really good. Hopefully, the service will be a little better next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfectBenzenDined on 1/25/2014First time at the farmhouse. Valet was quick to take my car. Hostess was prompt with seating us. Waiter was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. Appetizers were great. Entree were great. Dessert was great. Wine was great. Service was great. I was anticipating small portions based on some other reviews. But guess what....the portions weren't small, they were great! One of the best meal as I've had in westchester. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little dissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/19/2014The resturant was in a great setting, staff were very nice, however the food didn't quite match up to what we were expecting. It was good, just not great. Maybe my expectations were a little high, but I was expecting better. I don't think it warranted the prices they were charging.
- We'll Be BackSkivortzDined on 1/19/2014We'd been here on our second date last August. We decided to come here again for Susan's birthday, which also was five months to the day since we'd met and fallen in love. As always, the food was magnificent. The service staff was uniformly capable and courteous. The ambiance was perfect. The staff even was accommodating enough to give us the same table, with the same server (Steven) we'd had on our first visit. The Bedford Post has earned a special place in our hearts. It's well worth the drive from our home in southeastern Connecticut. And we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkable!gettyarchitectDined on 1/17/2014The best dining experience in years! Service was sincere and fantastic! The restaurant design and lighting is classic and timeless. The menu and food under the preparation of notable chef Jeremy McMillan was exceptional. We had the opportunity to meet Jeremy and were impressed by his talent of course but also his easy going nature, devotion to his craft and humble attitude!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We made the trip from NYCLisaDined on 1/11/2014We made the trip from NYC for a special occasion-it was very nice-the food was delicious- but I didn't think it turned the corner for me on making the trip again-It was a lovely evening-but nothing stood out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!KWaters15Dined on 1/4/2014A little off the beaten path in Bedford, it is a farm, makes this place very majestic. From outdoors to indoors, the restaurant is lovely, cozy and modern all at the same time. The food was delicious (Cornish hen was so tender and ricotta cheese plate delicious) and gourmet from presentation to taste. The staff was friendly and attentive. Overall, for foodies it's great. Pickier eaters like my husband might struggle a little. (Entrees not as much as appetizers).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th time is the charmOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/4/2014To set the record straight I have lived in Westchester for about ten years I hate the restaurant scene here. There are very few restaurants I have been to that I would go back to. In no particular order they would include Cookery, Blue Hill at Stone Barn, Ocean House Tarry Lodge, Thai Angle and Bedford Post. Other than my very very expensive meal at Blue Hill I would say the best plate of food I have had in all the meals I have eaten in Westchester was my dinner at Bedford Post on Saturday. Not sure if there is a new chef or what I just was happy with every bite of food. Enough said but let me ask why there are so few worthy restaurants here?Special Features:
- very little food, limited menuDianaVIPDined on 1/3/2014This restaurant is very expensive and is rated as a "Relais & Chateaux" which led us to believe that it would be excellent and expensive. our belief was correct in part: it was expensive. The portions were so small; the food was nothing exceptional. I had a smoked rib eye steak which was mostly fat and was not edible. the menu is extremely limited; the staff could not adequately explain the dessert choices, which were horrible. there was hardly anyone there but the service was very unattentive..Special Features:
- got married here - spent newstaceyVIPDined on 12/31/2013got married here - spent new years eve having dinner - always good to go back.Special Features:
- extra specialarchilogicalDined on 12/28/2013it was such a treat to get an unexpected complimentary birthday dessert. it was the most unique and extraordinary tasting treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the very bestBillMcMercerDined on 12/28/2013This is an outstanding restaurant. We tried the 7 course menu as a treat for our special occassion. Every course was excellent - perfectly presented and very delicious. The chef is incredibly talented and the wait staff is among the best I've ever experienced. We needed a reservation weeks in advance and now I know why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, the choiceCarolDined on 12/24/2013The food was good, the choice was limited, the price was exceedingly high, on Christmas Eve pre fix menuSpecial Features:
- Good food but very expensivesariegoDined on 12/21/2013This is our second time eating in this restaurant. We were wowed the first time and decided to go again less than two weeks later. The food was outstanding the first time but just ok this time. The beans that come with the porchetta dish were completely undercooked and crunchy. The shell fish risotto was fishy and only came served with clams and mussels and even though I ordered a dinner portion it was more an appetizer sized dish for 36.00 dollars. The service was very good. We will not go back for a long while.Special Features:
- good intentions but promises unkeptSheRantzDined on 12/20/2013The evening started out ok but promises were made and not kept. The server knew the details of the dishes but his lack of understanding of the food and how it all works together did the kitchen a disservice. I was enticed to the upcharge on a plate of Pugliese mozzarella which was just a HUGE pool of creamy curd with some Paddlefish roe and 3 tiny triangles of toasted brioche. After three bites the puddle of cream was overwhelming and dull. I didn't want a replacement by the time he checked on me, but I asked for salad greens. Ten minutes later, after a busboy had removed our plates, a manager came over to ask if I still wanted the salad. It got busy and we became an afterthought. The kitchen tries but the service is a uneven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding backroad gemandrewRDined on 12/19/2013The food is phenomenal and the ambiance is cozy and romantic. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencesariegoDined on 12/13/2013This is the first time we dine in this restaurant and we loved it. The food was fantastic. The presentation of the food was wonderful. The service was great. It is very expensive. We enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- A quiet Sunday NightmtraubDined on 12/8/2013My wife and I wanted to come back to this old favorite on a Sunday night leading into a vacation week because we hadn't been in a while. Once again, the kitchen, untaxed on this night that threatened an ice storm which never materialized, came through with flying colors. Meng, the sommelier, procured an amazing Reisling at a great value, and Lisa, the house manager, was a fabulous host. Service was impeccable and friendly. A private party in the back was completely unobtrusive. This is one of my favorite places in the world, and it's just minutes from my house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a dark and stormy night...finedinerDined on 12/6/2013...and the Bedford Post Inn was lit warmly to welcome those seeking refuge from the weather. Delicious drinks at the bar provided the perfect start to a night that included grilled fish and a wonderful homemade donut and ice cream dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedfoodnikDined on 12/1/2013My two friends and I went to the Post on a Sunday evening. We found both the food and wine to be excessively priced for the quality of product. We shared the antipasto app. some of the vegetables we not properly cooked. We than shared a ravioli entree which was well prepared but under flavored. We than all ordered seafood entrees one being the special. 2 of the 3 dishes were not well executed and flavors to be unbalanced. The service was wonderful, from the ladies at the door, to our bartender and our table service but the food was disappointing.