4014 Geary Blvd.
San Francisco, CA 94118Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.campbbqsf.com/
- Phone: (415) 387-1378
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-M, W-Th 5:00pm-11:30pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Barbecue, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Camp BBQ
Camp Restaurant is a small and lively eatery, where we mainly serves Yakiniku, a Japanese term meaning "grilled meat". Our tables are equipped with grills for our patrons to cook their own foods. At Camp, we offer various cuts of quality meats, from Kobe ox tongue, rib eye, to more favorful skirt steak. Veggies are also great on the grill too. Mushrooms, asparagus, and corn are some of the popular items to cook yourself a delicious feast. Our drinks include a selection of ice cold draft beer, sake and fruit slushies. One not to miss is the traditional BBQ dessert Smore.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Camp BBQ reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)special occasion (1)Show More
- Very Pleased!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014I was a bit nervous about coming here because of some questionable reviews, but I couldn't be happier with my experience at Camp BBQ. The last time I had a similar dining experience I was in Japan. The appetizers provided a variety of flavor, the meats were delicious and very tender, and the vegetables were as appetizing as the rest of the meal. It looked like they had a pretty good happy hour menu as well. I can't wait to come back to Camp BBQ. What a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngieDined on 9/15/2014the kobe toro is the bomb! I love this place....the ambiance is fun. it feels like you're camping with bombfire. Super cool placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 8 reviews are from the Camp BBQ reviews archive.
- AppleDined on 6/14/2014If you like meat, this is the place to go. Each order comes in about eight pieces or more of meat, they are all delicious. Order rice to help fill you up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Value!minhocaDined on 5/10/2014Excellent food and and a fun and interactive time cooking on the table grill. Perfect night for a group and great value for good size portions of quality meat, seafood and vegetables. Servers could have been a little more attentive in filling water and taking additional orders.Special Features:
- So soyagami2Dined on 1/11/2014Quite strange that kimchi needs to be bought in a korean-ish restaurant, although the rest of the menu are quite reasonably priced. Satisfied my korean bbq craving, but I must say the food is quite mediocre.Special Features:
- where is everybody???mikeyDined on 11/2/2013This place has been open only 10 months. When we got there we were the only ones for the first hour or so. It was a bit weird at first especially since the waitress didn't come over for like 10 minutes to ask us if we wanted any drinks. But after we got some food rolling in everything was great. Excellent meats, veg and apps! and smores for dessert! I hope this place starts to get some attention and business because it sure was delicious I would definitely go back again if im ever craving to grill my own meat! Hanger steak, spicy sausages, and pork belly were the best, and asian greens too! They also played a lot of Rihanna, and top 2000's and 90's hits almost annoying and almost amazing we could have done karaoke!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh...KccatDined on 10/26/2013The yelp reviews were so good but the place isn't. Empty and strage. 90s top 40 playing. Waiters barely communicate. Food bland.
- Fun, especially for a groupTyroneskyDined on 6/10/2013I love it here. There are so many excellent things to order. All the proteins arrive at the table raw, and you grill them yourself right there. You can order salads and wraps etc. to go with what you've grilled. It's great for a big group because you can try some of everything. We even had a few vegetarians with us and there was plenty for them to eat. It gets a little expensive, so we only go for special occasions. Don't forget to order the Smore's! Sometimes we even get two rounds of them. Get a group together, order a couple bottles of sake, and grill up a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The various meats were highOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2013The various meats were high quality and tasty. We would go back again.Special Features:
- OX TONGUE LICKS BACK!!!BeenThereAteThatVIPDined on 10/5/2012Japanese version of Korean BBQ, affordable, more variety, fun and tasty. Warm and helpful staff, nice selection of beers on tap and sakes to imbibe. Ambiance has potential if they'd just dim the lighting. Surprised it's not busier already. Suspect it will be soon... Ox tongue GOOD!Special Features: