301 North Harrison Street
Princeton, NJ 08540Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://camilloscafe.net/
- Phone: 6092520608
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Camillo Tortola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Camillo's Private Party Room is perfect for any special occasion or corporate event!
The private party room comfortably seats up to 85 people and can accommodate up to 100 people Buffet style, standing and mingling.
Choose from three menu options (listed below) with different pricing AND the option to fully customize your menu with Camillo and also do Family Platters!! Call us now to book your event and arrange a customized menu with Camillo!
- Private Party Contact: Camillo 6092520608
- Entertainment: During the summer there are concerts held every Thursday and we hold private concerts by Princeton jazz bands for our outdoor patio every Saturday, during the summer months.
A word from Camillo's Cafe
Fine Dining Italian Trattoria specializing in authentic Italian food. We pride ourselves in our homemade pastas, desserts, and authentic recipes imported from Italy. Located close to the center of Princeton, we have free parking and a beautiful outdoor patio. As a home to aspiring artists, our dining room is decorated with purchasable artwork.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Camillo's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Perfect for a Group LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2013I took a group to Camillo's for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. I was surprised by how empty the restaurant was, we may have been the only group in there between 1 PM and 3 PM. However, Camillo's ended up being perfect for what we needed! The space was very nice, since it's in a strip mall I thought it might be dingy - but it actually was very cute. The space was larger than it looks in pictures and was nicely decorated. Our group had a great time and we were really happy with our choice. Our waitress seemed a bit new, but she was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Princeton's Finest CafesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/7/2013If you haven't tried Camillo's Cafe, you are really missing out on a true Italian dining experience. Camillo personnaly selects all of his seafoods and meats at the Fulton market so everything is fresh and flavorful. His prepartion is never overdone so the essence of the ingredients shine through. And it's easy to park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food. Terrible service.KKCDDined on 6/1/2013If you eat outside be prepared to be forgotten. When we arrived with a reservation, we asked to sit outside as it was a beautiful night. The hostess replied "oh thank god you can go sit anywhere out there." So we went outside. 20 mins later after waving to a server, we got menus. It improved a little after that but the hostess/server kept complaining each time she came to our table..."sorry for wait, I am serving like every table" or "I wish I wasn't working, oh well" It's a shame because they do have a cute outdoor seating area. The woman at the table next to us said "good luck, I thought I was going to be here for breakfast". We should have left right then......after 2 1/2 hours .... I thought we might be there for breakfast too.
- We came to Camillo's for myRN53forfoodDined on 5/18/2013We came to Camillo's for my son's college graduation and the staff at Camillo's were so accommodating and friendly. The food was excellent and couldn't have asked for a better experience for such an important night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great exceptYetAnotherFoodieVIPDined on 5/17/2013Everything was great except service was very slow at the beginning. We sat at an outside table and waited and waited for them to take our order (we were the only ones there at that time). Finally we walked in and told them we had theater tickets and we needed to speed it up. To their credit, they stepped right up. In fact the head waiter told us it was their policy to give diners a long, long time to relax and study the menu. We will return, but now we know their policy.Special Features:
- First time and will go backOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013We've never been to Camillo's before, but after looking at some of the food comments both on the site as well as independent sources we were excited to try it. Consistent with other reviews, the food was excellent. We went with the family and all of us were happy with our meals. We only had an hour from seating to check since we had a movie to go to, so we didn't have the chance to get appetizers and desserts. The wine list is limited, although we're not fussy and the Russian River Chard was perfectly fine and reasonably priced. I think you can BYO, so that's a plus for those wanting more options. Our server was young and kind of new, but super sweet, helpful and attentive. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair to MidlandOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013Food was fair in taste and presentation. Portions were rather small. Pasta is really not expensive, but you would think that by these portions. However, for a Restuarant located in an open mall, the prices were high. There was no reason for this. There are many better locations to enjoy your dinning on Princeton than this one. Not a gem.
- Mother's DayHelenOSheaMusicDined on 5/12/2013Restaurant was very busy for Mother's Day and as this was our first visit, we will return to try it again at a quieter time. For our party of six, reviews were mixed...those that ordered meat dishes with veg of day were very happy.....for pasta dishes, pasta was stone cold when brought to table although toppings (wild mushrooms) were delicious.......service at first very brusque by one of staff...others always gracious...however this changed by dessert and service excellent by all by then....overall a mixed experience with great potential...looking forward to next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What about Camillo'sfredDined on 5/3/2013very good food; poor wine list; very spotty and disorganized service. Several reviews elsewhere commented on "attitude " from the wait staff; I think that they are just disorganized. We all (4) enjoyed our different meals; you can skip the desert. I do not know why the wine list so limited.. I would go back because of the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they serve one dish that Itraveler092013VIPDined on 4/28/2013they serve one dish that I like- a whole baked fish, though it is a bit too oily to my taste. salads and bread are good. Pasta is too "saucy"- too rich. NO fruit or berries for desert, very good espresso
- Camillo's Cafe is a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/15/2013Camillo's Cafe is a wonderful neighborhood Italian restaurant. In addition to the "classics", there are always interesting new dishes on the menu. I strongly recommend the lamb and the fish dishes.Special Features:
- Star ServiceTourmanDined on 4/10/2013Had a very nice lunch outside. Pleasant surroundings. Our waiter was phenomenal...professional, courteous, attentive. The food was good, but the service alone would make me return.Special Features:
- Nicely served, I had the snapperalwayshungryVIPDined on 4/6/2013Nicely served, I had the snapper special, which was well prepared. Very busy and they managed to be efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Our "go-to" BYOBXFireDined on 4/5/2013Camillo's is still our go-to BYOB in the Princeton area. Great food, everything is always fantastic! And Camillo is a great guy! He genuinely cares that his guests enjoy their meal!Special Features:
- Camillo's was overpriced andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013Camillo's was overpriced and the service from the kitchen, not the waiter, was very slow. We had to ask when our dinners might arrive.
- We frequent Camillo's forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013We frequent Camillo's for the fresh, home-made food. However service has always suffered to some extent. Tonight was a pleasant exception in that the service was very attentive and gracious. We were there on the early side so there was not too much competition. The food was excellent. Reminded us of Manhattan quality in Princeton. My wife had the orata whole fish special and I had homemade pasta with veal. Not to disappoint.Special Features:
- Camillo's is one of the bestFrostyVIPDined on 3/16/2013Camillo's is one of the best local Italian restaurants that I have ever found. We eat here regularly and have never had a bad meal. I highly recommend this one.Special Features:
- Great for a partyJBNJDined on 3/16/2013Went here for a Family Birthday party and had a great time. We actually had Camillo all to ourselves since we were there in between lunch and dinner. thanks!Special Features:
- Hidden Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/10/2013Never knew they were here.... tucked away in the back of Princeton Shopping Center... Not your typical pasta and red sauce place. Much better food quality. All fresh, home made, by Camillo himself. I really like the decor. Gives the feeling of being in a small restaruatn / bistro in Italy. Nice red and white check clothes in the main dining room. They also have a great room for parties / larger dinners that probably holds up to 40 guest comfortably.Special Features:
- The organization and serviceNantucketVisitorVIPDined on 3/9/2013The organization and service were wonderful, food was very good but next time we would order something different. Pear tarte for dessert was fabulous..........
- Food was go0d but somewhatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/2/2013Food was go0d but somewhat overpriced. I enjoyed my lobster with gnocchi (included a large piece of lobster). One very good feature is that you can BYOB, although the restaurant has local wines available for purchase. Service was fair-I had to ask the manager to come to the table to have dinner plates cleared, otherwise it was ok. The tables were also packed tightly together.
- Service was excellent andMistyDined on 2/22/2013Service was excellent and food came out timely. Pasta fagioli was delicious as were the entrees of halibut, linguini with shrimp and scallops and a pasta dish with meat sauce.However we had the calamari as an appetizer and we were disappointed since it was rubbery with the exception of the tenacles.However the sauce served with it was very good. The garden salad was also not as expected just greens with one tomato at the bottom. We thought that there would have been more vegetables but we should have asked before we ordered them. Menu was also more limited than when we were there before. In warmer weather there are outside tables which are very nice.Special Features:
- pleasant enough dinner. ThealwayshungryVIPDined on 2/16/2013pleasant enough dinner. The chef is using first-rate ingredients but somehow is too restrained in terms of flavors. This is from someone who likes her food relatively mild. We'll go back back and ask for the chef to be a bit more assertive.Special Features:
- Very slow service. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Very slow service. It was valentines day and I believe we ended up with a busser as our waiter. It was expensive for such poor service. Food was good.Special Features:
- service was aweful and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013service was aweful and food was good, but really overpriced for what you got.
- The manicotti was tasty andincaVIPDined on 2/11/2013The manicotti was tasty and beautifully served but a luke warm and quickly got cold.
- We are frequent diners hereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/8/2013We are frequent diners here and just had another great dining experience! Camillo's always has the freshest seafood and dry aged beef, straight from the Fulton market and prepared with pride by Camillo himself. Relaxed atmosphere and we never feel rushed. We love this place!Special Features:
- We were a group of six andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/2/2013We were a group of six and everyone had a meal that was excellent!!! Most notable, was the fish and seafood. The shrimp in the spaghetti alfredo was so sweet it tasted like lobster. In addition, we had requested a salad that was not on the menu and they were happy to accommodate the request with a wonderful salad. The desserts did not disappoint either, the chocolate mousse was heaven in a cup.Special Features:
- We love Camillo's Cafe; itOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/1/2013We love Camillo's Cafe; it is for anyone that wants fresh, quality fish and meats, not hidden behind heavy sauces. Can't get any fresher; chef/owner Camillo personally selects all seafood and meat several times a week at the Fulton Market in NYC. Intimate dining for two or you'll have a great time with a larger group in his private party room. Friendly, attentive service; never rushed. BYOB or select from his wines; and don't miss the raw bar!Special Features:
- Awesome local restaurantJBNJDined on 1/28/2013Camillos's is a real gem! The food is always soooo fresh. He gets his fish from the seafood market in NY every week. Best puttanesca on the planet.Special Features:
- I noticed that a previousYetAnotherFoodieVIPDined on 1/23/2013I noticed that a previous reviewer called it her favorite BYOB in Princeton. It is not a BYOB. In fact they are promoting a local NJ vineyard's product. It is a delightful restaurant.Special Features:
- Middle of the road Italian fareOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/12/2013We decided to try Camillo's again after a hiatus of some three years, figuring that if it continued to survive it had to have it's good qualities. And it did. The service was polite and efficient and the food serviceable, though perhaps a bit expensive given the quality. While the four of us generally enjoyed our dishes there were elements that were somewhat disappointing. Two of us ordered dished with truffle oil where the taste of truffle was more imagined than real. Some of the pasta we received was overcooked, and one diner noted that her veal parmesan was tough. We enjoyed the fact that while one could purchase wine from a limited menu you can also bring your own wine without a corkage fee. The rice pudding tart is worth returning for.Special Features:
- Good food if you don't mindOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2012Good food if you don't mind the wait....3-5 minutes turned into 20 when we asked for more pasta...it was very good but if they told us it would be 20 minutes we wouldn't have ordered any more (maybe that is their secret).
- our "go to" BYOB!XFireDined on 12/31/2012Great New Years Eve dinner. My favorite BYOB in or near Princeton! Every dish we have had has been outstanding. And Camillo is a wonderful host.Special Features:
- The food was excellent butPhoebeDined on 12/24/2012The food was excellent but the portions are on the small side. Pricey but good for a special occasion.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful meal andluvgoodfoodDined on 12/15/2012We had a wonderful meal and great service. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- Nice experience, welcoming,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2012Nice experience, welcoming, great food, lovely place for a dinner out. A plce we'll go over and over again. In Princeton- also a bonus- great parking!Special Features:
- Once again a delightful diningnonicknameVIPDined on 12/6/2012Once again a delightful dining experience with friendly attentive service. Always a favorite.Special Features:
- I'll be sure to be a "regular" now!Looking4gemsVIPDined on 11/30/2012This place is right next to my gym and I have passed it numerous times over the years not giving it a second look. It came up on my Open Table listing for retaurants in my area and I thought I'd give it a try with my wife and 2 daughters (2 and 6).....wow what a find! Fresh made pasta, outstanding sauce, very pleasant environment, attentive staff, kid friendly/kid approved ... only negative (which my wife would say is a positive as it would keep the cost down) is the wine list isn't great. So glad I stopped in and just wish I did it sooner .... we will now be regulars whenever the italian food craving kicks in!Special Features:
- Love this place. Food is alwaysJBNJDined on 11/21/2012Love this place. Food is always fresh and delicious . Always a great dinnerSpecial Features: