71 Bradford Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.camillesonthehill.com/
- Phone: 4017514812
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: John Granata
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Camille's has two private rooms for dining. Our newly remodeled Marconi Room can accommodate up to 40 guests while our smaller room can seat up to 8 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Degnan 4017514812
- Entertainment: Camille's offers live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights, presenting the best of local and regional bands for your entertainment and dancing pleasure. Our music ranges from classic rock to hot jazz.
A word from Camille's Restaurant
Since 1914, Camille's has been serving the soul of Italy and the tastes of Federal Hill. Camille's is well known for the quality of its classic Italian dishes as well as creative and exciting specials. Our extensive wine list features a selection of great Italian and domestic wines in a broad price range. The atmosphere is stylish and friendly. Whether it's an important business lunch, an upscale dining experience to savor, or that intimate celebration for two, you owe it to yourself to choose Camille's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Camille's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Camille's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)romantic (103)notable wine list (59)neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (37)vibrant bar scene (21)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (11)great for lunch (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very dissapointedTenaftertenVIPDined on 9/18/2014Haven't been for 15 years. This place has really gone downhill. Ambience is still old school but it's tired. My lady ordered a dirty martini and had to send back. Calamari was excellent. My special, the veal chop was small and way overcooked. Her veal Marsala was ok and they brought her the wrong pasta and never asked me what kind I wanted. Gravy was sauce. No taste. To much competition to ever try again. Pretty much empty on a Thursday night.
- Awesome food and plenty of it!!marykectDined on 9/13/2014This is a stellar restaurant with a beautiful decor. Lighting is pretty low, great for romantic dinners. The food is top notch, better IMO than the "#1 rated" italian restaurant on tripadvisor for Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceluvtoeatDined on 9/12/2014The food was outstanding. Hard to choose from such a large menu but in our group of 4, everyone loved their choice! Service was top notch and it was quite a lovely appointed space which elevated the dining experience. We went into the bar afterwards to enjoy the music being provided from a live band. We would definitely go back again soon and highly recommend it as an enjoyable night.Special Features:
- CAMILLE'SSundanceEagleDined on 9/11/2014Camille's would make the late Camille proud. Took girl friends here when i was at Brown '53. Miss the Clams Posillipo although our fine waiter, London, said they served a similar dish (little necks, olive oil and garlic, perhaps a splash of Grecco de tufo was the original dish over al dente spaghetti!). The Baratta (sp?) was simply fab! Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceLicruzDined on 9/11/2014Great restaurant, amazing food. Very romantic! Including a complimentary desert for celebrating our anniversary there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a Special Occasioncreamcheese68Dined on 9/10/2014Impeccable service, beautiful ambience, fresh food prepared exquisitely. top shelf all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, exceptional serviceGourmetclubDined on 9/9/2014Took daughter to Camille's for her birthday. Couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerluvfederalhillDined on 9/6/2014Camille's was exceptional!!! This was our first time visiting Camille's. We frequent other Federal Hill establishments frequently. Camille's is by far the best!!! The food was amazing, but more importantly, the service sold us!!! David was our waiter. He was exceptional. Attentive, kind, but not over-bearing. We never felt rushed and he was a pleasure to work with. Can't say enough good things our David and the service. Will definitely be back. Thanks for making my husband's birthday a great night out.Special Features:
- Just RightJpeteDined on 9/6/2014Another wonderful experience at Camille's, from the bartender to the wait staff everyone is super attentive and wonderful. Food was fabulous, the real hidden gem is Pork Chops with vinegar peppers. Night for 4 to celebrate an anniversary with my wife, son and his girlfriend, everyone was completely satisfied and full when we left. You can't go wrong with Camille's!!!!Special Features:
- F$&/ing OutstandingSpdanversDined on 9/6/2014Best Calamari (sp) we have ever had and we always order this appitezer. Waiter was outstanding, with one exception. However it really didn't impact us. All the food was outstanding and it is so much cheaper than Boston 's Northend. Will go back and suggest it to other friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Good Experiencefedhillflyer2Dined on 9/2/2014Another outstanding meal at Camille's. Meet out-of-town old friends here almost every summer and have never been disappointed. Warm, friendly staff who were very attentive to our needs without smothering us in service. Presentation outstanding and food was delicious, to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good but not greatlikegoodfoodDined on 8/29/2014To much time passes between courses to maintain dinner continuity. Dinner for 2 took about 2 hours. Food was only good and the services was disjointed and seemed slow.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Great service and food. Also extensive wine list. Everytime we visit Rhode Island Camille's is our first stop for dining.Special Features:
- Old world charm, creative menulawbirdsVIPDined on 8/28/2014Choosing from among several great dishes was the hardest part of the experience. Great service, ambience, and background smooth jazz music were also pluses that added to the experience. The décor was a bit old school, but it was still pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Camille'sCP9702Dined on 8/23/2014The food was fantastic as it always is, the service was exceptional once again. We love Camille's and go as often as we can because the food as I said, is just outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014I have been to Camille's more times then I can count. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceMangaBraintreeDined on 8/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. Atmosphere, food and service is excellent. We look forward to our return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We have been to Camille's several times and we have never been disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The exquisite food is complimented by a relaxed, classy environment and spectacular serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visitpattysbest1Dined on 8/16/2014great place been there on the hill forever so i thought it would be stuffy but its a vibrant beautiful well managed and exciting restaurant. i loved the food we both had fish specials that were cooked perfectly. best fish i ever had. great place we will be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantGMarieDined on 8/16/2014We (12 of us) celebrated my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary at Camille's. It was a perfect evening. The drinks, appetizers, and entrees were delicious. My lemon drop martini was so smooth. We all loved the calamari that was made of huge, lightly breaded rings. I ordered the chicken franchise, which was yummy. I tried my sister-in-law's filet mignon and it melted in my mouth. Our server, London, provided excellent service. He was so friendly and efficient. We were surrounded by elegant ambience as we sat comfortably at our roomy table. We will be sure to visit again.Special Features:
- Missed on the specialAmigojVIPDined on 8/16/2014The special was haddock on spinach with a small tempura style lobster tail on top. Presentation was excellent. The fish was a nice size but bone-dry. And the tail had a much to heavy coating. Service and ambiance was spectacular.Special Features:
- ExceptionalJohnNVIPDined on 8/11/2014A great find for us when passing through Providence. Recommended to us by other Restaurant owner as place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindgymgirlDined on 8/9/2014Cannot say enough good things about Camille's. This restaurant does everything right. Service, food and ambiance all exceptional. This is a can't miss.Special Features:
- Italian Culinary DelightHound4RestaurantsDined on 8/9/2014Great Italian food served in wonderful atmosphere in the heart of Providence's Federal Hill area. Original food creations are served along with more traditional choices. Helpful, attentive wait staff seal the deal so you'll want to return to dine at Camille's again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!KristiniDined on 8/7/2014The food was absolutely wonderful, and the specials in addition to the regular menu gave you plenty to choose from. I would definitely go back on our next visit!Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Beautiful Setting!PeggyVIPDined on 8/2/2014My visit time at Camille's in Providence and it did not disappoint! The restaurant is located in a gorgeous old mansion on the hill off Atwell. The service was impeccable and the food was delicious. We ordered the watercress beet salad, eggplant pasta and the Osso Buco, all of which were amazing. They serve big portions here so order accordingly....great for sharing! I highly recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAN IT POSSIBLY GET ANY BETTERVeryParticularDined on 8/2/2014EXCELLENT in all respects! From the initial greeting, to seating, to location of our table, the wait staff's introduction and his knowledge of the menu and wine list. Really a superb all-around experience!Special Features:
- A lovely eveningBernieDined on 8/2/2014We had a great meal with very fine service. The decor was very nicely upgraded since the last time we were there, although it was very dark at first until your eyes adjusted to the low light. We will most certainly return hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4the67thDined on 8/2/2014It was my in-laws 67th Wedding Anniversary, they are both 86 --- so we booked an early dinner for them. It was booked for 5:30PM. We were a party of seven. The service was very good, but we thought we were a bit rushed through the courses, our only thought was that perhaps with the early booking, they would want this table for another 'sitting'. When we were leaving around 7:30PM, the crowd was just coming in. Still a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food and serviceFredyDined on 7/31/2014Worth the two hour ride from western Mass. Outstanding in every respect
- Best in townPorgeDined on 7/29/2014Time after time Camille's shows its pedigree. Best service in town, cuisine you can count on whether you want old-school Italian or trendy-creative, and one of the few wine lists in Providence that I consider impressive. Don't ever take those shrimp off the menu!!Special Features:
- Nice to be backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The dining experience this weekend at Camille's Restatrant was exceptional. From service and Atmosphere at the bar to the Valet servers, the entire experience was satisfing. A special mention to our server Lincoln who provided outstanding service and professionalism to our party. My husband was happy with the choice to entertain a buisness partner at Camille's and plans to utilize this option in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !!!DanteDined on 7/25/2014Excellent as usual. Great service and great food. Always a great dinning experience at Camille's.Special Features:
- Good place for a business meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Met a high level client there - we had a group of 6 in all. Great food, professional staff and good atmosphere. We were able to focus on getting down to business and enjoyed the time very much.Special Features:
- First visit, not lastVinnieChiDined on 7/19/2014We had dinner there on a Saturday night and arrived early for a 7:00 reservation. We were greeted and promptly seated at a quiet table. The wine list was extensive and the menu, supplemented by many specials, offered excellent choices. ALL appetizers and entrees were delicious. Service was attentive, though the wait between appetizer and entrée did seem a bit long. The restaurant even presented my daughter and her husband with a special dessert to help celebrate their first anniversary. All in all, a terrific experience and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014While visiting my husband in RI- he was recommended this restaurant. This was the best service and food I've ever had!!! Great spot to get quiet and cozy with your significant other!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveBDined on 7/18/2014From the food to the service to the ambiance, everything was very good. I would have no hesitation about returning to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I've eaten in yearsFredyDined on 7/17/2014I eat in restaurants all over North America. This was by far the best meal I've had in the last two years
- FANTASTICOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone! The atmosphere was beautiful, elegant and welcoming; the food was fantastic; the service was top notch!Special Features: