71 Bradford Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.camillesonthehill.com/
- Phone: 4017514812
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: John Granata
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Camille's has two private rooms for dining. Our newly remodeled Marconi Room can accommodate up to 40 guests while our smaller room can seat up to 8 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Degnan 4017514812
- Entertainment: Camille's offers live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights, presenting the best of local and regional bands for your entertainment and dancing pleasure. Our music ranges from classic rock to hot jazz.
A word from Camille's Restaurant
Since 1914, Camille's has been serving the soul of Italy and the tastes of Federal Hill. Camille's is well known for the quality of its classic Italian dishes as well as creative and exciting specials. Our extensive wine list features a selection of great Italian and domestic wines in a broad price range. The atmosphere is stylish and friendly. Whether it's an important business lunch, an upscale dining experience to savor, or that intimate celebration for two, you owe it to yourself to choose Camille's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Camille's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Camille's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)romantic (110)notable wine list (62)fit for foodies (50)neighborhood gem (49)good for groups (34)vibrant bar scene (22)great for lunch (16)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (11)late-night find (11)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Old world charm, creative menuOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2014Choosing from among several great dishes was the hardest part of the experience. Great service, ambience, and background smooth jazz music were also pluses that added to the experience. The décor was a bit old school, but it was still pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Camille'sCP9702Dined on 8/23/2014The food was fantastic as it always is, the service was exceptional once again. We love Camille's and go as often as we can because the food as I said, is just outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014I have been to Camille's more times then I can count. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceMangaBraintreeDined on 8/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. Atmosphere, food and service is excellent. We look forward to our return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We have been to Camille's several times and we have never been disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The exquisite food is complimented by a relaxed, classy environment and spectacular serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visitpattysbest1Dined on 8/16/2014great place been there on the hill forever so i thought it would be stuffy but its a vibrant beautiful well managed and exciting restaurant. i loved the food we both had fish specials that were cooked perfectly. best fish i ever had. great place we will be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantGMarieDined on 8/16/2014We (12 of us) celebrated my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary at Camille's. It was a perfect evening. The drinks, appetizers, and entrees were delicious. My lemon drop martini was so smooth. We all loved the calamari that was made of huge, lightly breaded rings. I ordered the chicken franchise, which was yummy. I tried my sister-in-law's filet mignon and it melted in my mouth. Our server, London, provided excellent service. He was so friendly and efficient. We were surrounded by elegant ambience as we sat comfortably at our roomy table. We will be sure to visit again.Special Features:
- Missed on the specialAmigojVIPDined on 8/16/2014The special was haddock on spinach with a small tempura style lobster tail on top. Presentation was excellent. The fish was a nice size but bone-dry. And the tail had a much to heavy coating. Service and ambiance was spectacular.Special Features:
- ExceptionalJohnNVIPDined on 8/11/2014A great find for us when passing through Providence. Recommended to us by other Restaurant owner as place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindgymgirlDined on 8/9/2014Cannot say enough good things about Camille's. This restaurant does everything right. Service, food and ambiance all exceptional. This is a can't miss.Special Features:
- Italian Culinary DelightHound4RestaurantsDined on 8/9/2014Great Italian food served in wonderful atmosphere in the heart of Providence's Federal Hill area. Original food creations are served along with more traditional choices. Helpful, attentive wait staff seal the deal so you'll want to return to dine at Camille's again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!KristiniDined on 8/7/2014The food was absolutely wonderful, and the specials in addition to the regular menu gave you plenty to choose from. I would definitely go back on our next visit!Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Beautiful Setting!PeggyVIPDined on 8/2/2014My visit time at Camille's in Providence and it did not disappoint! The restaurant is located in a gorgeous old mansion on the hill off Atwell. The service was impeccable and the food was delicious. We ordered the watercress beet salad, eggplant pasta and the Osso Buco, all of which were amazing. They serve big portions here so order accordingly....great for sharing! I highly recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAN IT POSSIBLY GET ANY BETTERVeryParticularDined on 8/2/2014EXCELLENT in all respects! From the initial greeting, to seating, to location of our table, the wait staff's introduction and his knowledge of the menu and wine list. Really a superb all-around experience!Special Features:
- A lovely eveningBernieDined on 8/2/2014We had a great meal with very fine service. The decor was very nicely upgraded since the last time we were there, although it was very dark at first until your eyes adjusted to the low light. We will most certainly return hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4the67thDined on 8/2/2014It was my in-laws 67th Wedding Anniversary, they are both 86 --- so we booked an early dinner for them. It was booked for 5:30PM. We were a party of seven. The service was very good, but we thought we were a bit rushed through the courses, our only thought was that perhaps with the early booking, they would want this table for another 'sitting'. When we were leaving around 7:30PM, the crowd was just coming in. Still a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food and serviceFredyDined on 7/31/2014Worth the two hour ride from western Mass. Outstanding in every respect
- Best in townPorgeDined on 7/29/2014Time after time Camille's shows its pedigree. Best service in town, cuisine you can count on whether you want old-school Italian or trendy-creative, and one of the few wine lists in Providence that I consider impressive. Don't ever take those shrimp off the menu!!Special Features:
- Nice to be backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The dining experience this weekend at Camille's Restatrant was exceptional. From service and Atmosphere at the bar to the Valet servers, the entire experience was satisfing. A special mention to our server Lincoln who provided outstanding service and professionalism to our party. My husband was happy with the choice to entertain a buisness partner at Camille's and plans to utilize this option in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !!!DanteDined on 7/25/2014Excellent as usual. Great service and great food. Always a great dinning experience at Camille's.Special Features:
- Good place for a business meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Met a high level client there - we had a group of 6 in all. Great food, professional staff and good atmosphere. We were able to focus on getting down to business and enjoyed the time very much.Special Features:
- First visit, not lastVinnieChiDined on 7/19/2014We had dinner there on a Saturday night and arrived early for a 7:00 reservation. We were greeted and promptly seated at a quiet table. The wine list was extensive and the menu, supplemented by many specials, offered excellent choices. ALL appetizers and entrees were delicious. Service was attentive, though the wait between appetizer and entrée did seem a bit long. The restaurant even presented my daughter and her husband with a special dessert to help celebrate their first anniversary. All in all, a terrific experience and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014While visiting my husband in RI- he was recommended this restaurant. This was the best service and food I've ever had!!! Great spot to get quiet and cozy with your significant other!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveBDined on 7/18/2014From the food to the service to the ambiance, everything was very good. I would have no hesitation about returning to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I've eaten in yearsFredyDined on 7/17/2014I eat in restaurants all over North America. This was by far the best meal I've had in the last two years
- FANTASTICOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014I would recommend this restaurant to anyone! The atmosphere was beautiful, elegant and welcoming; the food was fantastic; the service was top notch!Special Features:
- The place to go in ProvidenceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/15/2014My wife and I can't stop raving about our meal. From the time we drove up to the front door, to the time we left, we were made to feel so special. Inside is absolutely beautiful, but when we were asked if we wanted to dine in or "alfresco" we were surprised. They have the best little courtyard outside. What a difference from the noisy plaza with everyone staring at you. The food and service were amazing. The staff didn't miss a beat. As a matter of fact we made reservations already again for Saturday night.Special Features:
- Special occasion safe betPorgeDined on 7/15/2014Camille's has been our favorite for several years now. Quality and service are never in question, wine list deserves every award it carries. Squash flower appetizer is the best in town, and on this particular visit there was a veal porterhouse I will be going back for. Crazy busy for a Tuesday night (Providence Restaurant Week apparently) but the staff didn't miss a beat. We were made to feel special for every minute of our evening, from the gracious way we were greeted to the sincere "thank you" on the way out, and everywhere in between. Thanks Camille's!Special Features:
- FantasticDianeMcDined on 7/14/2014It was my parents 40th anniversary. They had the flowers on the table that I had ordered. The waitstaff knew it was their anniversary and said happy anniversary to them. Everyone was very friendly and the food was fantastic!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week VisitStephDined on 7/12/2014I invited another couple to dinner to experience restaurant week and we chose Camille's. I was EXTREMELY disappointed to find out that Camille's Restaurant Week specials were not available on Saturday and Sunday? Why participate in Restaurant Week if you can't participate for the entire 13 days????
- Improperly cooked food/bad serviceTransplantDined on 7/11/2014We were made to wait 30 minutes at the bar even though seating was available outdoors and we had a reservation. Poor service, pork and chicken raw when served, drink orders incorrect, poorly mixed when recieved. Would not recommend.Special Features:
- Tooo slooooowwwOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014My wife and I dined here on a Friday night. We sat outside and ordered oysters for an appetizer and lasagna for our main course. The oysters were fantastic so we ended up ordering another 1/2 dozen. We waited and waited and after 20 minutes they brought out the second order of oysters. Then we waited another 20 minutes for our entrees to arrive. Way too long a wait as far as we were concerned. But overall the food was good and we weren't in a hurry.
- Disappointedaadoc76VIPDined on 7/10/2014Had heard and read wonderful things about Camille's, but the food did not live up to the hype. Mediocre at best. It was restaurant week in Providence and only ordered off the special menu because the waiter said these were the top meals. Not great. Even the cannoli for dessert was tasteless. Very disappointed
- Impeccable Service and FoodwsparryDined on 7/9/2014Some restaurants just know how to make their guests feel special when they walk in the door and Camille's is one of them. The seafood was cooked to perfection. Camille's has been around for decades and it shows, they have it down to a science.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent~!RIdinerDined on 7/8/2014Our first time dining at Camille's and it was a wonderful experience. The food was fabulous and the staff/service exquisite. Our waiter, Scott G., was very attentive, personable, and never missed a beat; timing was perfect and his recommendations-great . We will definitely return. Thank you for an all-around delish experience! We highly recommend Camille's~ The décor could use a bit of freshening up. Pine cones and evergreens made it feel a bit more "winterish" on a lovely summer evening.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week VisitRIFoodieDined on 7/7/2014Enjoyed are dining experience at Camille's restaurant. The food and service was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dmg2014Dined on 7/5/2014Overall the service was fantastic! Wait staff very attentive for our large party. Wine selection amazing. Fish fresh; steak melted in your mouth; vealchop scrumptious. The zucchini flowers were good but too much fried dough. Calamari absolutely delicious! Risotto balls were ok but needed a little more seasoning. Loved having valet parkingSpecial Features:
- The best fine dining in ProvidenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Flavorful food, excellent service, warm and romantic atmosphere. We will definitely return. The live music is a plus!Special Features:
- A+ experienceKm08Dined on 6/28/2014Everything was terrific- the service, the food, the ambience and the wine. We also appreciated the complimentary valet parking.Special Features: