71 Bradford Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.camillesonthehill.com/
- Phone: 4017514812
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: John Granata
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Camille's has two private rooms for dining. Our newly remodeled Marconi Room can accommodate up to 40 guests while our smaller room can seat up to 8 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Degnan 4017514812
- Entertainment: Camille's offers live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights, presenting the best of local and regional bands for your entertainment and dancing pleasure. Our music ranges from classic rock to hot jazz.
A word from Camille's Restaurant
Since 1914, Camille's has been serving the soul of Italy and the tastes of Federal Hill. Camille's is well known for the quality of its classic Italian dishes as well as creative and exciting specials. Our extensive wine list features a selection of great Italian and domestic wines in a broad price range. The atmosphere is stylish and friendly. Whether it's an important business lunch, an upscale dining experience to savor, or that intimate celebration for two, you owe it to yourself to choose Camille's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Camille's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Camille's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (114)special occasion (113)notable wine list (73)neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (59)good for groups (47)vibrant bar scene (24)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (15)hot spot (14)late-night find (10)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Took a client out to Camille's after an all day meeting in downtown Providence. The ambiance was different, but not necessarily in a negative way, it was just different. A little dark, a bit dated, butI suppose that is what to expect from one of the oldest Italian restaurants on Federal Hill. With that said, the food was great (large portions) and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Our Providence FavoriteJohnDined on 10/21/2014Our annual visit to Providence and Camille's was fun. Great food and service. Thanks to all.Special Features:
- heavy on the damaskgreatexpectatonsDined on 10/20/2014Lots of rich atmosphere, the food was just so-so. Service was good. Our table was surrounded on three sides by heavy drapes. Didn't love the effect.
- Excellent Italian ChowOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/18/2014The food here is really good. The portions are large and fairly priced for the quality and preparation. Servers aim to please. We had a great evening here. Standouts included the calamari, crab cakes, cassoulet, gnocchi, desserts. OK wine list, a bit pricey. Overall a great Italian place and one of Providence's best dining spots. Deserving of 4.5 stars. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- May Not Be A Better Meal!!!ChonsyDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I went here for our 11th Wedding Anniversary and Camille's did not disappoint. Everyone was very friendly from the moment we dropped off our car at the valet, to the moment we picked it up. The ambiance was very nice, but the best part of the dining experience was the food that was served. This was top notch. I can't remember the last time I had a meal this good, not to mention the size of the portions. Mama Mia!!! I would highly recommend Camille's for anyone that is looking for a great meal and relaxing evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Camille's.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Camille's is one of my favorite restaurants. I love everything about it. My only complaint this time is that I felt a little rushed during dessert. The food, service and atmosphere are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Awesome time thanks for making our anniversary specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and surprisingSueoDined on 10/10/2014The regular menu always reliably delivers great food and the specials are always creativeSpecial Features:
- Perfect as usual...IBChowinVIPDined on 10/4/2014I have no complaints, Everything is as good as can be from the valets to service, portions and overall quality. One of the most quiet restaurants, a lot of fabric in the decor absorbs noise. I've been going to Camille's for years, I keep it in my Providence fine ding rotation. The food is outstanding, needed a doggy bag.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely DinnerAnnDDined on 10/4/2014Service, food and ambiance were excellent. Our party of 6 enjoyed a wonderful evening at Camille's. Two of our members came later than expected due to rain and inability to take a taxi. The staff could not have been nicer and more understanding about it. Special thanks to our waiter, Steve, who was very professional yet fun. We enjoyed meeting Mike, the general manager. This was our first time at Camile's, but won't be our last. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEpennelDined on 10/3/2014Atmosphere was relaxed. Service was some of the best we've ever had. Classic Italian dishes, Food was excellent!!! Absolute must if visiting Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodDP747Dined on 10/2/2014The food was fantastic, although it seemed like we were the only people in the restaurant. Could be due to the fact it was Thu. and our reservation was for 5:30. Delicious food, elegant atmosphere and top notch service!Special Features:
- Outstanding on every levelLive4FoodDined on 9/27/2014I had a foodie friend in from New Jersey where there are many excellent restaurants - especially in the rhelm of Italian food. I wanted her to have the best RI food experience possible for the brief time she was here. Camille's did not disappoint and lived up to my hype! From our appetizer ( stuffed squash flowers ) through dessert ( Italian cookies ) the entire evening was perfect! The service could not have been improved. Mike and his staff provided a WOW evening. Thank you again for another wonderful restaurant experience. PS I never take home leftovers except from Camille's. They are anticipated as much as when originally served!Special Features:
- My Favorite On The HillZandria12Dined on 9/26/2014The service was exquisite (except when the waiter forgot my wine) and the food was delicious. My only complaint was the mark-up on a bottle of wine. I fully understand that restaurants make their money on alcohol. I don't even mind spending a lot of money on a bottle of good wine. However, I do mind paying $55.00 for a bottle of wine that I can get for $14.99 in a liquor store. I am assuming that means the restaurant is paying no more than $10.00 for the bottle. That is a 550% markup. I would certainly go to Camille's more often if this were not the case. It's a little insulting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 year anniversary dinnerLuvRunningDined on 9/25/2014I had a gc for Camille's and decided to use it to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We used the valet. We were early, but had reservations. We sat at the bar to have a cocktail until it was time to be seated. The host brought us to our table towards the back, a table slightly enclosed by curtains. The host pulled out my chair and placed a napkin on my lap. My husband and I ordered calamari, which was fabulous. If you are sharing it, they will separate it on plates for you. My husband ordered veal and pasta and had enough to bring home for lunch that next day. I ordered the seared sea scallops with spinach. Both meals were delicious! They gave us a piece of cake with a candle for our anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedILOVENYCDined on 9/24/2014Food and service were top class. Damon our waiter didn't rush us at all and had no problem giving us recommendations. Highly recommended, our meal could not have tasted better and the wines were excellent. Will return againSpecial Features:
- Truly Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Thanks to the wonderful staff at Camilles. I have been in town for a couple of days and was completely WOWED !! by the food and service at this tremendous establishment. No wonder you have been around for 100 years ! My meal was outstanding and my dinner guests have not stopped raving about our experience. (thanks for helping me close a big business deal) You truly impressed.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in RIHighSpiritsDined on 9/24/2014Complimentary valet service (leave at least a $5, dont be cheap) welcomes you to the best food I've had in RI, presented by very knowledgeable and professional servers. We let our waiter choose starters and he did not disappoint! Everyone got their own plate with a little taste of all the appetizers. Wine list was same size as dinner menu...5 leather-bound pages. Our server was very comfortable with the wine list, but when George the manager came by he was able to tell us a little about almost every bottle on the list. Saw the 2014 wine spectator award hanging on the way out. We all ordered specials for entrées and a house-made ricotta cheesecake with espressos to finish. I have nothing but great things to say about the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dissapointedTenaftertenVIPDined on 9/18/2014Haven't been for 15 years. This place has really gone downhill. Ambience is still old school but it's tired. My lady ordered a dirty martini and had to send back. Calamari was excellent. My special, the veal chop was small and way overcooked. Her veal Marsala was ok and they brought her the wrong pasta and never asked me what kind I wanted. Gravy was sauce. No taste. To much competition to ever try again. Pretty much empty on a Thursday night.
- Awesome food and plenty of it!!marykectDined on 9/13/2014This is a stellar restaurant with a beautiful decor. Lighting is pretty low, great for romantic dinners. The food is top notch, better IMO than the "#1 rated" italian restaurant on tripadvisor for Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceluvtoeatDined on 9/12/2014The food was outstanding. Hard to choose from such a large menu but in our group of 4, everyone loved their choice! Service was top notch and it was quite a lovely appointed space which elevated the dining experience. We went into the bar afterwards to enjoy the music being provided from a live band. We would definitely go back again soon and highly recommend it as an enjoyable night.Special Features:
- CAMILLE'SSundanceEagleDined on 9/11/2014Camille's would make the late Camille proud. Took girl friends here when i was at Brown '53. Miss the Clams Posillipo although our fine waiter, London, said they served a similar dish (little necks, olive oil and garlic, perhaps a splash of Grecco de tufo was the original dish over al dente spaghetti!). The Baratta (sp?) was simply fab! Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing serviceLicruzDined on 9/11/2014Great restaurant, amazing food. Very romantic! Including a complimentary desert for celebrating our anniversary there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a Special Occasioncreamcheese68Dined on 9/10/2014Impeccable service, beautiful ambience, fresh food prepared exquisitely. top shelf all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, exceptional serviceGourmetclubDined on 9/9/2014Took daughter to Camille's for her birthday. Couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerluvfederalhillDined on 9/6/2014Camille's was exceptional!!! This was our first time visiting Camille's. We frequent other Federal Hill establishments frequently. Camille's is by far the best!!! The food was amazing, but more importantly, the service sold us!!! David was our waiter. He was exceptional. Attentive, kind, but not over-bearing. We never felt rushed and he was a pleasure to work with. Can't say enough good things our David and the service. Will definitely be back. Thanks for making my husband's birthday a great night out.Special Features:
- Just RightJpeteDined on 9/6/2014Another wonderful experience at Camille's, from the bartender to the wait staff everyone is super attentive and wonderful. Food was fabulous, the real hidden gem is Pork Chops with vinegar peppers. Night for 4 to celebrate an anniversary with my wife, son and his girlfriend, everyone was completely satisfied and full when we left. You can't go wrong with Camille's!!!!Special Features:
- F$&/ing OutstandingSpdanversDined on 9/6/2014Best Calamari (sp) we have ever had and we always order this appitezer. Waiter was outstanding, with one exception. However it really didn't impact us. All the food was outstanding and it is so much cheaper than Boston 's Northend. Will go back and suggest it to other friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Good Experiencefedhillflyer2Dined on 9/2/2014Another outstanding meal at Camille's. Meet out-of-town old friends here almost every summer and have never been disappointed. Warm, friendly staff who were very attentive to our needs without smothering us in service. Presentation outstanding and food was delicious, to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good but not greatlikegoodfoodDined on 8/29/2014To much time passes between courses to maintain dinner continuity. Dinner for 2 took about 2 hours. Food was only good and the services was disjointed and seemed slow.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Great service and food. Also extensive wine list. Everytime we visit Rhode Island Camille's is our first stop for dining.Special Features:
- Old world charm, creative menulawbirdsVIPDined on 8/28/2014Choosing from among several great dishes was the hardest part of the experience. Great service, ambience, and background smooth jazz music were also pluses that added to the experience. The décor was a bit old school, but it was still pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Camille'sCP9702Dined on 8/23/2014The food was fantastic as it always is, the service was exceptional once again. We love Camille's and go as often as we can because the food as I said, is just outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014I have been to Camille's more times then I can count. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceMangaBraintreeDined on 8/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. Atmosphere, food and service is excellent. We look forward to our return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We have been to Camille's several times and we have never been disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The exquisite food is complimented by a relaxed, classy environment and spectacular serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visitpattysbest1Dined on 8/16/2014great place been there on the hill forever so i thought it would be stuffy but its a vibrant beautiful well managed and exciting restaurant. i loved the food we both had fish specials that were cooked perfectly. best fish i ever had. great place we will be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantGMarieDined on 8/16/2014We (12 of us) celebrated my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary at Camille's. It was a perfect evening. The drinks, appetizers, and entrees were delicious. My lemon drop martini was so smooth. We all loved the calamari that was made of huge, lightly breaded rings. I ordered the chicken franchise, which was yummy. I tried my sister-in-law's filet mignon and it melted in my mouth. Our server, London, provided excellent service. He was so friendly and efficient. We were surrounded by elegant ambience as we sat comfortably at our roomy table. We will be sure to visit again.Special Features:
- Missed on the specialAmigojVIPDined on 8/16/2014The special was haddock on spinach with a small tempura style lobster tail on top. Presentation was excellent. The fish was a nice size but bone-dry. And the tail had a much to heavy coating. Service and ambiance was spectacular.Special Features: