Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham
115 Willits Street
Birmingham, MI 48009Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.camerons-steakhouse.com/
- Phone: (248) 723-1700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Wednesday, 5:00p.m.-10:00p.m.; Thursday-Saturday, 5:00p.m.-11:00p.m.; Sunday, 5:00p.m.-9:00p.m. Dinner is served Monday through Wednesday from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Thursday through Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and on Sunday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christopher Hines
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cameron’s Steakhouse features one private dining room that can accommodate 16 guests at 1 table or up to 20 guests at 2 tables with space for AV equipment. Two semi-private areas are also available, one accommodating 40 people at 5 tables and the other 50 people at 6 tables. For both semi-private areas curtains are used to separate the space from the main dining room. Three distinct banquet menus are featured to choose from for parties of 16 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Sally Gravat, General Manager 2487231700
A word from Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham
There are no compromises are this sophisticated 21st century update of the upscale American steakhouse. Cameron's Steakhouse is Birmingham's premiere, classic steakhouse. From the rich walnut woods & jazz influenced art to the dark leather upholstery, Cameron's creates a sophisticated, inviting atmosphere. The menu & the service are extraordinary, featuring the finest choices of prime steaks, flown-in-fresh daily seafood and house made side dishes, complemented by a progressive 200 bottle Wine Spectator award-winning wine list. Cameron's Steakhouse is open for dinner only, seven nights a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)romantic (25)notable wine list (23)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- ClassyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/24/2014Outstanding food and service. Classic steakhouse and menu. Ambiance was great. Parking was easy and directly across the street. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, atrocious music.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014The food and service are good and will done. The music, howver, is awful and completely inconsistent with a 5 star facility is unsettling, unsophisticated, even juvenile. In effect, it provides a reason not to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bone-In Filet - a very tough cut to swallowPaulGVIPDined on 11/22/2014I have been to this restaurant many times before and this visit was the 2nd consecutive visit where I felt the steaks were sub-standard. During this visit, I asked for a recommendation for the largest Filet and I was offered a bone in, and when told it would have the most meat of any of the filets, I ordered. I ordered the steak medium, and unfortunately, it came back near rare. Also, there had to be no more than 4 oz of meat on it. Unfortunately, I was on a date and since my companion's meal was fine, as were our appetizers, I decided to let this go. At over $60.00, I felt both the preparation and the portion was poor. During my last visit, I ordered the 11 oz filet, medium as well, and it was delivered well done. I did ask for, and received, a properly cooked filet, which was great I left the restaurant this last time feeling disappointed and ripped off, and even though our server (Tim) was great, I'm not sure I will be back.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceSadCustomerservice2014Dined on 11/20/2014The service was terrible and we were not greeted friendly upon entering the restaurant. Seated in the back area all alone (African American Couple). We felt as if we were on a deserted island. The food was not hot and the salad was so cold we could not eat it. Ordered a bottle of wine but the waiter only gave us one glass until my husband mentioned that we ordered a glass.Special Features:
- Disappointing Birthday night!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2014I sent my filet back twice.... first it was too done and then it was purple.... :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful NightAshMDined on 11/14/2014Our server for the night was phenomenal. The food was delicious and the setting was very intimate. I also loved the waterfall in the entrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ok serviceSteakloversDined on 11/8/2014Ate here last Saturday night. We were seated immediately. Our server greeted us promptly. Drinks arrived in a timely manner. Placed our order with the server and received our salads, steaks and scallops in a fair amount of time. We were, however, ultimately disappointed in our server. Once he took our order a table of 6 arrived in his section and he was nonexistent after that. We were then pawned off on two other junior servers who were attentive but we felt as if our table of two would not produce the same tip amount as the table of six who were ordering multiple drinks and appetizers so our server ditched us. He only showed up to present us our bill and say goodnight.Special Features:
- First TimerjengDined on 10/30/2014Typical steakhouse ambiance. The steak was cooked perfectly and was tasty, the sides just "eh". The scalloped potatoes were more like home fries with cheese sauce. They had a great wine list (priced pretty well) and a different cocktail list. Service was great.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerSteakeaterDined on 10/25/2014We dined there for my husband's birthday. We were seated outside the kitchen, so there was a lot of traffic going by our table. It was a little noisy, so not too romantic. Our appetizers were not exceptional - the calimari was rubbery, and the oyster rock was undercooked. Our fillets were overcooked for our requested doneness. The wine list was great, and we had a great bottle. The on-the-house desserts were great, as was the service. The clientele in the tables next to ours were wearing sweatshirts, so it kind of took everything down a peg. All in all a good, but not great evening.Special Features:
- Would dine there again!BringzipbackDined on 10/23/2014Cameron's has a very friendly staff We love everything about this place The food is excellent! As well as they're service , the only thing I didn't like is they charge for their zip sauce, they used to bring it with the steak, but now u get a steak with no zip, the waiter doesnt ask if u want it so if you get your meal without it and then if u ask for zip, your almost finished with the meal by the time it arrives. It is the best zip in the country I think and they know it, that Must be why they charge, other than that it was and always is our favorite restaurant in Michigan!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jdh0824Dined on 10/18/2014camerom's steakhouse is a beautiful place and the food is delicious can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceBhamdinerVIPDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I went to Cameron's to celebrate a Birthday. We hadn't been back for a while but we forgot how good it was. Both my wife and I started with a couple Greyhounds and those drinks were great. We had Corn chowder and Lobster bisque which were both delicious. For dinner we shared a 22 oz ribeye which was cooked to perfection and neither of us could finish it. For sides we had Chipolte fingerling potatoes which were delicious and very flavorful along with Creamed spinach which was very good. A couple glasses of Cab with dinner and the Chocolate lava cake for dessert and that finished off a great birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpricedlov2cookDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I went out for a steak dinner and were disappointed in the food. We started with the wild mushroom appetizer, which was the best part of our meal. He had the sweet corn chowder and I had the wedge salad, both were just ok. Then he ordered the ribeye and I ordered the bacon wrapped filet with creamed spinach and au gratin potatoes. The potatoes tasted like frozen, and the dessert wasn't much better. It was an expensively disappointing first time experience. We had much better luck at Hyde Park. I had wished the manager would have visited our table that evening so we could have privately shared our experience. He seemed to make it to everyone but us that night....and they weren't even busy.Special Features:
- rdwrriorDined on 10/12/2014Meal was Good (not Great) but Pricey. Took 5 Family Members for Birthday celebration. I had never been here, but it was recommended so after looking at the on line reviews booked the reservation. Appetizers sounded great, but were marginal. Everyone in the party ordered Steaks which were a bit overdone. I am comparing this to Big Rock Chophouse which is where I would have gone had they not been closed on Sunday. Total Tab was ~ $100 higher than I would have paid at Big Rock and Food a notch below. Overall - Not Bad but not worth the price.Special Features:
- ms always kind to othersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014I was not happy with my seating...they put us in tight space I wish I had known before I got there I would have cancle my dinner...I think they compromise space just to get more reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014we had a wonderful eve. looking forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakhousedaleDined on 9/19/2014we go here regularly - very consistent quality. service is good. I think they should refresh wine list a bit - but we can never complain about the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsBirmiefoodieDined on 9/18/2014Very good steak. The sea bass was good, though not outstanding as it has been in the past. Great sides and the most fabulous carrot cake ever. Sweet server too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceRandieDined on 9/14/2014All around great! We had a wonderful meal and great service. It couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Dining ExperienceSucculentDined on 9/13/2014Using Open Table to book reservations was easy. We drove over 70 miles from Toledo just to try Cameron's because we had heard great things about the area, the atmosphere, the food, and the service. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly young lady who wished my bride and I a happy anniversary, which was very nice. We were sat immediately and welcomed by our server. Our waiter(s) did a great job...we had a trainee who was great, and then dinner service was later taken over by Tim, who was fantastic...very friendly and polite. Dinner (steaks for both) was succulent. Because of our anniversary, we were treated to a delightful desert, which was also fantastic. Overall, it was a great experience. THANK YOU...we will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamesDined on 9/7/2014Paul was delightful. He was honest, engaging, and helpful. He really added to our evening. The bread! The best bread I have ever had in Michigan.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite!GrazieVIPDined on 9/3/2014WE went for a birthday dinner, and were not disappointed. Great food, beautiful place.Special Features:
- I'll be there.SwankyDined on 8/26/2014I've used Cameron's multiple times for my special occasion dinner (anniversary, daughter's graduation, etc) and it has never let me down. At the same time I've revisited just for their happy hour and private meeting(s) to get great drinks and food. One of my ultimate favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an off day?chrisDined on 8/23/2014Cameron's is one of my favorite restaurants in Detroit areas but my dinner on Saturday was not up to snuff. My ribeye was undercooked (I ordered Med and it was rare) and a bit fatty. Service was good as usual and the other entree's were fine. They were also out of two of the beers on their menu (Stella and one other) that I would have ordered. I wish they returned to having a German beer like a Beck's / St. Pauli's. this trend of Michigan craft beers is not one that I like. Still a good meal and a delicious chocolate lava cake for dessert. one of the best I've had.Special Features:
- A great steakhouseGreatVIPDined on 8/15/2014My 2nd time there and I could not be happier with the food or service. Everything was perfect. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!MattDined on 8/11/2014With many steak options in downtown Birmingham this is one of the best. Great food, great service. I've done client dinners and hosted events there - perfect spot for both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night Dinner at CameronsfoofdieVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were shown to a large booth we did not like. They were able to move us to a table for four, where we could barely hear each other. The noise level is quite high. Caesar salad with anchovies was good. All four of us had filets' and they were cooked perfectly, as ordered. Mashed potatoes were good, steamed broccoli was good, but could have used some seasoning and butter or a sauce of some kind. Dessert was a delicious, a small cheesecake with peaches on top. All in all, it was a nice dinner and I would recommend it to friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing at every levelOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014The lobster app had little lobster, too much breading and was drowned in sauce. Difficult to taste any lobster. My wife and I each ordered a steak, me med rare, her med. Both were served well done. We advised the waitress and the meals were replaced, but after a considerable wait. My steak was fine, but no better than dozens of other restuarants and not as good as other steak houses. We were comp'ed a glass of wine, but would have preferred to address the situation in a different manner. For desert, we ordered the lava cake and were asked if we wanted ice cream. We said yes, but then were charged $7 for ice cream to accompany a $13 cake.
- The following 485 reviews are from the Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham reviews archive.
- Overall greatKplzspritz22Dined on 7/27/2014Every dish ordered from soup to steak to dessert was good! Not the best steak I've ever had. Would suggest getting a sauce or encrust!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - a little over priceyVandyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Wine list is great, food is very very good, definitely a little too pricey for my expectations though.Special Features:
- B- experienceNicnicDined on 7/25/2014Went for our wedding anniversary. Service- we had a good waiter. Knowledgeable about the menu and polite. Acknowledged our anniversary and gave us a free dessert. We appreciated that. However, I wouldn't say the overall service compared to other fine dining restaurants we have been to. Just not any of the "extra" touches. For example, the manager didn't acknowledge us in any way to check on our dining experience. I mean, if a manager can check on you at Outback, then certainly they can when your spending $160 bucks on your dinner. The bigger dissapointment was food. Filet was under-seasoned and tough even though it was cooked a perfect medium. Husband said same for his lamb chops. Will go to Flemings or back to Ruth's Chris next time.
- Excellent Selection by my CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014I have never been to Cameron's for dinner before but was very satifisfied with the complete evening. Special Thanks BobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DatenightDined on 7/21/2014This was my firt visit to your restaurant. From the moment we entered the restaurant, we were impressed with the decor and the friendliness of the staff. The food was excellent. I commented on the flavor of the steak and felt it was one of the best I've had. It was a ver enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014Great food as always. The only issue is the service is spotty, depends on which waiter serves your table.Special Features:
- Saturday night dinnerfoofdieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Nice table, but very noisy. I asked the waiter to bring my salad with dressing on the side, he didn't,so I should have sent it back. I asked for my filet to be medium rare, and it came closer to medium. Dinner was okay, not spectacular. I will probably return.
- Classic American SteakhousewwpnolaDined on 6/28/2014While visiting Birmingham MI from out of town, arranged to have dinner with a long time friend at Cameron's. I t was a great opportunity for us to catch up, have some good drinks, and great food. The bartender(s) is quick and generous; the wait staff attentive, but not intrusive; and a "just right" noise level. My bone in KC strip with peppercorn sauce was cooked perfectly. Definitely recommend to others and will be back next time I am in town.Special Features:
- Friday night dinnerfoofdieVIPDined on 6/27/2014Dinner was good.waiter was adequate.busboy kept the water glasses full.filet was good.we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy Saturday Night DinnerfoofdieVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had dinner with friends on Saturday night. It was so noisy that it was hard to hear each other. My friends will not go back on the weekend because you want to talk and be heard. The food was good, not outstanding, the filet at Ruths' Chris Steakhouse is better. Caesar salad was ok, I asked for the light crispy hearts of romaine, and got the dark green not crunchy lettuce. Sides were ok, but not great. Our waiter was not particularly attentive, but that might have been because we were not drinking anything but iced tea. We ordered from the prix fixe menu which included a dessert that 3 of the 4 of us did not care for. We might go back, but will try Mortons' Steakhouse before we return to Camerons.Special Features:
- Great Father's Day dinnerKatmandu13Dined on 6/14/2014The service was outstanding. The food excellent. The drinks great. The ambience upbeat yet private. What more can you ask for? What more can I say?Special Features:
- foodfreakVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had one of the best steaks in town and the rest of the meal was great, too. We loved the tuna appetizer, the salmon and a wonderful and reasonably priced bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.