Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham
115 Willits Street
Birmingham, MI 48009Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.camerons-steakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2487231700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Wednesday, 5:00p.m.-10:00p.m.; Thursday-Saturday, 5:00p.m.-11:00p.m.; Sunday, 5:00p.m.-9:00p.m. Dinner is served Monday through Wednesday from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Thursday through Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and on Sunday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christopher Hines
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cameron’s Steakhouse features one private dining room that can accommodate 16 guests at 1 table or up to 20 guests at 2 tables with space for AV equipment. Two semi-private areas are also available, one accommodating 40 people at 5 tables and the other 50 people at 6 tables. For both semi-private areas curtains are used to separate the space from the main dining room. Three distinct banquet menus are featured to choose from for parties of 16 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Sally Gravat, General Manager 2487231700
A word from Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham
There are no compromises are this sophisticated 21st century update of the upscale American steakhouse. Cameron's Steakhouse is Birmingham's premiere, classic steakhouse. From the rich walnut woods & jazz influenced art to the dark leather upholstery, Cameron's creates a sophisticated, inviting atmosphere. The menu & the service are extraordinary, featuring the finest choices of prime steaks, flown-in-fresh daily seafood and house made side dishes, complemented by a progressive 200 bottle Wine Spectator award-winning wine list. Cameron's Steakhouse is open for dinner only, seven nights a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (34)notable wine list (31)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (19)fit for foodies (18)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- I'll be there.SwankyDined on 8/26/2014I've used Cameron's multiple times for my special occasion dinner (anniversary, daughter's graduation, etc) and it has never let me down. At the same time I've revisited just for their happy hour and private meeting(s) to get great drinks and food. One of my ultimate favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an off day?chrisDined on 8/23/2014Cameron's is one of my favorite restaurants in Detroit areas but my dinner on Saturday was not up to snuff. My ribeye was undercooked (I ordered Med and it was rare) and a bit fatty. Service was good as usual and the other entree's were fine. They were also out of two of the beers on their menu (Stella and one other) that I would have ordered. I wish they returned to having a German beer like a Beck's / St. Pauli's. this trend of Michigan craft beers is not one that I like. Still a good meal and a delicious chocolate lava cake for dessert. one of the best I've had.Special Features:
- A great steakhouseGreatVIPDined on 8/15/2014My 2nd time there and I could not be happier with the food or service. Everything was perfect. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!MattDined on 8/11/2014With many steak options in downtown Birmingham this is one of the best. Great food, great service. I've done client dinners and hosted events there - perfect spot for both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night Dinner at CameronsfoofdieVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were shown to a large booth we did not like. They were able to move us to a table for four, where we could barely hear each other. The noise level is quite high. Caesar salad with anchovies was good. All four of us had filets' and they were cooked perfectly, as ordered. Mashed potatoes were good, steamed broccoli was good, but could have used some seasoning and butter or a sauce of some kind. Dessert was a delicious, a small cheesecake with peaches on top. All in all, it was a nice dinner and I would recommend it to friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing at every levelOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014The lobster app had little lobster, too much breading and was drowned in sauce. Difficult to taste any lobster. My wife and I each ordered a steak, me med rare, her med. Both were served well done. We advised the waitress and the meals were replaced, but after a considerable wait. My steak was fine, but no better than dozens of other restuarants and not as good as other steak houses. We were comp'ed a glass of wine, but would have preferred to address the situation in a different manner. For desert, we ordered the lava cake and were asked if we wanted ice cream. We said yes, but then were charged $7 for ice cream to accompany a $13 cake.
- Overall greatKplzspritz22Dined on 7/27/2014Every dish ordered from soup to steak to dessert was good! Not the best steak I've ever had. Would suggest getting a sauce or encrust!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - a little over priceyVandyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Wine list is great, food is very very good, definitely a little too pricey for my expectations though.Special Features:
- B- experienceNicnicDined on 7/25/2014Went for our wedding anniversary. Service- we had a good waiter. Knowledgeable about the menu and polite. Acknowledged our anniversary and gave us a free dessert. We appreciated that. However, I wouldn't say the overall service compared to other fine dining restaurants we have been to. Just not any of the "extra" touches. For example, the manager didn't acknowledge us in any way to check on our dining experience. I mean, if a manager can check on you at Outback, then certainly they can when your spending $160 bucks on your dinner. The bigger dissapointment was food. Filet was under-seasoned and tough even though it was cooked a perfect medium. Husband said same for his lamb chops. Will go to Flemings or back to Ruth's Chris next time.
- Excellent Selection by my CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014I have never been to Cameron's for dinner before but was very satifisfied with the complete evening. Special Thanks BobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DatenightDined on 7/21/2014This was my firt visit to your restaurant. From the moment we entered the restaurant, we were impressed with the decor and the friendliness of the staff. The food was excellent. I commented on the flavor of the steak and felt it was one of the best I've had. It was a ver enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014Great food as always. The only issue is the service is spotty, depends on which waiter serves your table.Special Features:
- Saturday night dinnerfoofdieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Nice table, but very noisy. I asked the waiter to bring my salad with dressing on the side, he didn't,so I should have sent it back. I asked for my filet to be medium rare, and it came closer to medium. Dinner was okay, not spectacular. I will probably return.
- Classic American SteakhousewwpnolaDined on 6/28/2014While visiting Birmingham MI from out of town, arranged to have dinner with a long time friend at Cameron's. I t was a great opportunity for us to catch up, have some good drinks, and great food. The bartender(s) is quick and generous; the wait staff attentive, but not intrusive; and a "just right" noise level. My bone in KC strip with peppercorn sauce was cooked perfectly. Definitely recommend to others and will be back next time I am in town.Special Features:
- Friday night dinnerfoofdieVIPDined on 6/27/2014Dinner was good.waiter was adequate.busboy kept the water glasses full.filet was good.we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy Saturday Night DinnerfoofdieVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had dinner with friends on Saturday night. It was so noisy that it was hard to hear each other. My friends will not go back on the weekend because you want to talk and be heard. The food was good, not outstanding, the filet at Ruths' Chris Steakhouse is better. Caesar salad was ok, I asked for the light crispy hearts of romaine, and got the dark green not crunchy lettuce. Sides were ok, but not great. Our waiter was not particularly attentive, but that might have been because we were not drinking anything but iced tea. We ordered from the prix fixe menu which included a dessert that 3 of the 4 of us did not care for. We might go back, but will try Mortons' Steakhouse before we return to Camerons.Special Features:
- Great Father's Day dinnerKatmandu13Dined on 6/14/2014The service was outstanding. The food excellent. The drinks great. The ambience upbeat yet private. What more can you ask for? What more can I say?Special Features:
- foodfreakVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had one of the best steaks in town and the rest of the meal was great, too. We loved the tuna appetizer, the salmon and a wonderful and reasonably priced bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatVIPDined on 6/6/2014We were blown away. Excellent food and service. Everything was perfect. Could not of asked for better. Will be returning soon!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Delicious dining!drlrlDined on 6/5/2014Our 21st Anniversary Dinner last night was very special. Cameron's is an upscale adult venue. The food was well prep'd and presented. Service very nice: our waiter was attentive without being hovering. I would recommend Cameron's to anyone looking for a spdec ial meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ExperienceCushionPeakDined on 6/4/2014Took a client to Cameron's for a celebratory dinner. We enjoyed everything... food was properly prepared, flavorful and attractively presented, the wait staff was very professional and knowledgeable, they offered an extensive albeit expensive wine list and the facility was was clean and well decorated. But to be honest, the world is awash with high-end steakhouses and I found nothing to favor it relative to any other. But I don't think you can go wrong here, as long as you can afford it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service/FoodhandelingDined on 6/2/2014One of my colleagues food was not prepared as requested, She had steak and it was it was to rare. She eventually changed to the Salmon and that was very good. My Ceaser Salad had too much dressing next time I am going to ask for the dressing on the side, the Grilled Chicken was good. I understand the Lobster Maccaroni was good. I do believe the server got a littel annoyed with our group of five and she got a little rough handeling the dishes. I like the restaurant, I would suggest the Waitress get a little sensitivity training.Special Features:
- ExceptionalFoodie1Dined on 5/31/2014Everything about our experience at Cameron's was exceptional! The food was delicious and the wait staff was very friendly and professional!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant!GrazieVIPDined on 5/31/2014It is always a special night to go to Camerons. The food is excellent every time and we love the rich decor.Special Features:
- A great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Arrived before the crowd at 6:30 pm on Saturday to avoid the crowd. Server Tobin reslly took care of us! Wonderful warm bread was served thrn onyo an outstanding lobster bisque soup and a fair Caesar salad ( a bit on the plain side). Kay ordered rib eye steak which she said was excellent! Sides were a creamy, tasty potato and a terrific whole corn nibblets in some wonderfulfully prepared dish or ssuse. I had a sirloin with shrimp that was to die for...really huge prawns tastefully cooked and placed on a steak with some cheese or other topping that I really enjoyed. Actually couldn't finish the steak or help Kay with her steaming, pineapple and coconut bread pudding that she said was fantastic. Enjoyed 2 different Michigan craft beersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDAndreaDined on 5/18/2014Service was VERY slow. I was looking forward to this meal as I had been there before. When I was given my steak I questioned it because it looked more medium than medium rare I had ordered. I was assured that I had the correct order. Then another woman I was with received her steak and, not only was it twice the size of mine (we ordered the same thing), but it was medium rare -- she had ordered medium. I was given the bill and after giving the waiter my credit card, was informed that I was given the bill from the table next to us -- they had four people, we had five. Was also charged for premium beer instead of domestic and the waiter originally tried to tell me the beer was the same price. I was very frustrated.
- Business Dinner or Special OccasionBusinessDinerDined on 5/15/2014One way I judge the service is by never needing to look for my waiter or waitress...she stopped by at just the right time to see if there was anything we needed. At Cameron's my water glass was always full. Before my wine glass was empty, the waitress asked if I'd care for another. We were able to relax and enjoy a 3 hour dinner...never feeling like we had to leave. They handled my special order with ease and it came to the table exactly as I ordered it. My Caesar Salad was crisp with fresh grated Parmesan cheese, tasty dressing and anchovies with Filet Mignon cooked medium rare to perfection and sliced over the top with a little ground cracked pepper to finish it off. Cameron's has excellent food and service!Special Features:
- Impeccable food and ServicePrimetimeDined on 5/15/2014Our server Tony was the icing one the cake! As always he was right on the ball.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Night Out!steakmonger2Dined on 5/13/2014Great food with great friends. Nice atmosphere and service was excellent! We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami visitorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Both food and service were worth the wait and the price. Would tell anyone to go.Special Features:
- Great for Mother's DayILoveMomDined on 5/11/2014My mom is a very classy lady and your restaurant was perfect for this. She's a fan of Prime Rib. This is what made me bring her to a steak house.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beYumYumDined on 5/10/2014Service was slow. Steaks ok but nothing remarkable . My son's lobster mac and cheese was very short on lobster. When we pointed this out the server came back with more lobster. It used to be among the best restaurants in Birmingham. Based on this visit, it needs a "re-set".Special Features:
- The following 459 reviews are from the Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham reviews archive.
- living up to the reputationshadowDined on 5/3/2014everything, from start to finish was excellent. Ambience was elegant and refined and quiet. Our waiter made excellent suggestions on what to get and how to have it cooked. He was very knowledgeable. Worth every penny. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2014Very busy and noisy the night we were there, but everything else was great.Special Features:
- Great experienceCd16Dined on 4/27/2014I had the filet with mashed potatoes and corn. The mashed potatoes were very good(amazing) and the corn was delicious. My filet was cooked perfectly and my date enjoyed her food as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best steakhousebdemps11Dined on 4/5/2014I live a hour and a half away from this restaurant and was going for the best. It was well worth the drive. I work for a pharmaceutical company and have eaten at many fine dining steakhouses all over the country. I had the filet and it was one of the best I have ever had. Dessert was amazing too.Special Features:
- Too expensivedetroitdinerDined on 3/29/2014Been to Cameron's many times. This time we were seated in one of the private rooms. Way too noisy. Had the "value" meal. The food was fine but there was not much value. The dessert was awful. I still would return because I enjoy Cameron's. This experience however was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Should have gone to Mortons or RuthDomsMomDined on 3/21/2014Food: Meh.... nothing to brag about. I ordered the 6oz filet accompanied by 5oz lobster tail. The steak was cooked to perfection but very bland as for the lobster it was rough, tough and over cooked! It tasted really fishy it was not what you would expect at $$$. The mac and cheese tasted like it was all melted butter with a pinch of cheese and the mash potatoes were REALLY plain. Service: Decent. She did not keep up with refilling our waters and looked very grateful when the waterboy finally arrived. We had an early reservation so we were the only table in the restaurant for half of our stay. It seemed like there may have been an employee meeting going on when we were there as all the servers congregated into the front room.Special Features:
- Celebrated wife's birthdayMuddyDined on 3/17/2014Cameron's was a perfect fit for our celebration. Service, food and ambiance was top notch. Wait staff was very helpful and attentive without being pretentious. Top of our list for fine dinning in Birmingham.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes, but lacking secondary serviceMelissaRDined on 3/15/2014The bar was great. The food was awesome. The service from our waiter was good, but the secondary staff were not so great. The server cannot do it all alone. Three times our empty plates were sitting for a much longer time then they should have. The waiter finally had to clean up or plates after we saw a number of secondary staff pass us and look and do nothing. Luckily, the food outweighs that detail.Special Features: